Orange Telecomphone fraud

I received a sms from a number telling me my mobile number has been confirmed as a winner of March 2009 Orange Telecoms Gmail Mobile draw of GB532 450.00 and that I should send an email to [protected]@gmail.com to claim.
I did it and received a email from him asking information like my name etc.
He send me another email that I should send to Nationwide Bank and they would keep the money in a temporary bank for me.

Dont get your hopes up. Its al a scam.
My husband called the guy from Orange and the guy from the bank and guess what, its the same guy.
So dont fool yourself with something like this.

Samantha Mar 18, 2009

I have just received the same sms informing me that my mobile number has been confirmed as a winner in the 2009 Orange Live Gmail Mobile Draw. To claim email [email protected] com. I have emailed him and is still awaiting his reply. Thanks to the comment of E. Marais I will not be pursuing the matter further. I suggest that they bring the matter to the attention of Gmail as their name is being used in the scam.

Concerned cellphone user

jojo Mar 19, 2009

Dear Sir Madam,

This is to inform you that you have won a prize

money of Five Hundred and Thirty two Thousand

Four

Fifty Great Britain Pounds(GBP 532, 450.00) for

the 2009 International E-mail Draw which is

Organized

by ORANGE Telecoms Inc.

ORANGE Telecoms collects all the email

addresses of the people that are active online,

among the millions

that subscribed to Yahoo, Aol, Walla, Gmail,

Russian Mail and Hotmail and few from other e-

mail

providers. Six people are selected yearly to

benefit from this promotion and you are one of

the

Selected Winners.

PAYMENT OF PRIZE AND CLAIM

Winners shall be paid in accordance with

his/her Settlement Center. ORANGE Telecoms

Inc.must be

claimed not later than 15 days from date of

Draw Notification. Any Prize not claimed within

this period

will be forfeited.

Stated below is your identification number:

REFERENCE NUMBER: OCS-081511?

This numbers fall within the England Location

file, you are requested to contact our

fiduciary agent in

London [Dr.Steve Thomas] with the details below

and send your winning identification numbers to

him;

E-Mail: [email protected]
    Tel: +44-702-407-6675
    +44-702-304-1798

He shall immediately commence the process that

will facilitate the release of your fund to

you.

Congratulations!! once again.

Yours in service,
    Dr.Steve Thomas
    [Publicity Secretary]

THIS IS A BIG SCAM...

• Sh
    shobhit Mar 23, 2009

i rec. a massage on my mobile

• Ta
    tanuj Mar 28, 2009

all cheaters & fraud specialist employed in this sms business.

• Be
    becky Mar 30, 2009

i received one too last march 19, 2009... i searched immediately on the net and saw this site... i knew it!!! its a scam...

• Ji
    jibin mathew Jun 28, 2009

i got a msg to my no. on 27 may 2009 saying tat i won an award of 3 million USD. it was from a person named Mark Philip. they said tat this amount was deposited temporarily in Natwest Bank in Manchester. then for this i was asked to get a Fund release certificate from finance authority in london. i want to know whether this is fraud or for real. pleases mail regarding this to [email protected]

• Aa
    aayushi Jul 01, 2009

i have received msg from " claimsorange "but till now we have not received any response. i want to know whether this fraud or for real.. ?
    Mail me regarding this to [email protected] ...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices