Opododouble charged me for flight, a month later still no refund despite them stating "it has been processed"

Do not book with this company. This is the most unprofessional service provider i have ever dealt with in a decade of using online travel agents to book flights. I booked flights to usa with opodo for summer 2017, having been directed to them through skycanner (This company should think twice before being affiliated with such a disgraceful and corrupt company) in the beginning of february 2017 to find another £370 debited out of my account another two weeks later for the same paid flight. Therefore double charging me for a thomas cook flight i had already paid for (I booked through their sales team on the phone!) and effectively making an unauthorised payment from my account which by definition is fraud.

After several days on the phone to their customer service team trying to get the problem sorted, i managed to get through to the refunds team to explain the situation. After back and forth emails, sending my bank statement as proof, i was finally assured by their finance department that i will get this refund, it was a mistake on their part and that the refund has now been processed. I should expect to receive it the following week but they cannot promise me this. I asked "why will it take so long?", the adviser paused "due to a backlog of payments". Clearly, this is something they do on a regular basis, make unauthorised transactions, double charge, cancel flights...The complaints list is endless!! A month has passed and i am still £370 down on my account and they have blocked my calls through their call centre and are ignoring all my emails. Absolutely disgusting and unprofessional. It is pathetic to say the least, i am astounded at their level of service and i would advise anyone thinking of booking through this company to seriously question such a decision. The cheaper cost is not worth the insurmountable problems you will have with your booking. I have launched an investigation through my bank and will definitely be procuring some legal assistance to help resolve this. I will also be taking this to the press. Despicable.

• Opodo's response · Mar 20, 2017

Dear Seetal Mistry,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the charge issue.

In order the check the case and assist you accordingly, please kindly provide us your booking code.

We will get back to you as soon as we get such detail.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Ann

• Updated by Seetal Mistry · Mar 22, 2017

Dear Ann,

My booking reference is 2543806096.

You will see that there has been plenty of correspondence regarding this case and I am getting frustrated with your responses of 'getting back to me soon' as you never actually do. I had requested a refund voucher last week which stated the date the refund was processed, the amount and the last 4 digits of my card and even that request you could't even fulfill...and that is just a simple email!!!

Regards

Seetal Mistry

• eDreams_en. Mar 23, 2017

Dear Seetal Mistry,

Thank you for the information.

We apologize for the delay in this case and we inform you that one of our customer care agents is now checking the case for you.

Please kindly allow a few days and then check the reply.

Kind regards,