OnTraclost package stolen or fraud theft confusion bad customer service

L

After being prompted to us Ontrac Shipping by a delivery person, I decided to try it for my west coast shipping needs. I shipped a small box but once it was scanned it showed as an envelope. I was told it was a type o and gave it no more thought until it was lost. This was a high dollar shipment . Ontrac said they would return it and never did, then they said file a claim, I did then they denied the claim. Now they are refusing to talk to me. I have no recourse with this company SHIPPER BEWARE!!!

• Updated by Nigel B Lemaire · Sep 05, 2018

I hate this company.

• Updated by Nigel B Lemaire · Sep 06, 2018

Amazon replied to my CEO Email and indicated that MY future orders will NOT be sent via Ontrac.

My separate complaint to ONTRAC has yet to receive an acknowledgement or reply...

Emily bee1234 Aug 10, 2020

Ontrac refuses to deliver to me at all anymore because I complained about them lying about their delivery dates. I used to get my packages a week after they scanned it delivered. Now I don’t get them at all. I placed an order with Walmart a couple weeks ago. Walmart sent part of it FedEx. Arrived fine. Sent another part using Ontrac. package arrived at the local Ontrac hub near me. Went out for delivery 3 days in a row, came back “undeliverable” because they didn’t have a gate code for my non-existent gate. Then got notified that it was delivered at 10pm. It wasn’t. So I complained to Walmart, got a refund, reordered the items and -guess what!!! They turned around and used Ontrac for my replacement order too!!! So...it was supposed to be delivered on the 4th, went out for delivery 3 days in a row. Kept getting delayed. Contacted Walmart. They were told the package was delayed for an emergency (yeah, right). Then when it wasn’t delivered today, I got a refund from Walmart. So, I assume Ontrac just keeps these “lost” packages. And Walmart keeps paying them to steal them instead of deliver them. Way to go Walmart! Needless to say, I’m done buying from Walmart.

If you have the capacity to send through Ontrac, I suggest sending an active tracking device so you can find out where the stolen goods end up. I’m pretty sure they’re reselling stolen property. This company is fraudulent and it’s far reaching and somebody should look into it.

• Su
    Susan Herzog Sep 06, 2020

@Emily bee1234 Same thing just happened to me. I gave them the benefit of the doubt for 2 weeks due to the wildfires, but finally contacted B & BW, who told me the Delivery was "lost". I am convinced it was stolen.Ontrac didn't even notify me, I had to contact Bath & Body Works to find out it was "lost". I couldn't re-order because many of the items I had ordered were out of stock and no longer available because they were being retired. I was refunded my money, but I really wanted my order! I felt so disheartened and cheated. I will no longer order things online from any company that uses Ontrac- this is not the first time I have had a problem with them- but it will be the last. I wish I could find out how to get them investigated and shut down.

• Ev
    Evan Osborne Jan 20, 2020

Your drivers are unprofessional. I was home when the driver in the San Diego area decided it would be quicker to throw my package over the five foot fence instead of push open the obviously open/broken fence and place the package on the ground.

• Ga
    Gabonese Joyelle Jan 01, 2020

HORRIBLE! Packages are either stolen or delivered elsewhere wait time is horrendous and no accountability is serviced. They never call back when they say they have opened an investigation for you about your lost package and when you call back to check in they say the last representative didn't put the ticket in so you'll always be starting over.

• Mu
    Murzilka77 Jul 01, 2019

This company a scam artist. I have 3 packages misplaced by them. First two were from Amazon and the 3rd from BestBuy. I can't believe that such reputable merchants like Amazon or BestBuy haven't caught on to this horrible shipment company. They mark them delivered on their website, but never deliver them.

Emily bee1234 Aug 10, 2020

@Murzilka77 The company to use them are so big that they either don’t care or don’t notice. The only ones who really suffer are the customers we have to deal with it and we have no power. All we can do is stop ordering from the companies that use on track.

• Ni
    Nigel B Lemaire Sep 18, 2018

Received email that my package was delivered. Searched and never found them (yes this has happened 3 times).

Shipped with ONTRAC
    Tracking ID C12340763172578

I'm going to email the CEO of Amazon and encourage him to terminate any contract with this useless delivery company

Emily bee1234 Aug 10, 2020

@Nigel B Lemaire This is happened to me probably more than 20 times in the past few years. Stolen package after stolen package after stolen package. nothing gets done about it. Contract doesn’t care. The gigantic company to use them don’t care. The police don’t care. All you can do is stop using those companies. I order everything through eBay now because you know Who they're shipping with before you order.

• Sb
    SBoldway Sep 06, 2018

According to Ontrac Tracking number C12340445972379 my package was delivered at 7:00 pm October 28 2017. I have security cameras that have no motion detected for two hours before and after 7:00pm of the same night. I'd like to know where your driver delivered my package too. Maybe the driver can go get it and bring it to me.

Emily bee1234 Aug 10, 2020

@SBoldway The driver most likely stole your packages it’s a widespread phenomenon. I think that’s how they make up for making such low wages. They steal the packages instead of delivering them and then resell them. Someone should look into it. I filed a police report but it was rejected. Stop using all of these companies. Either have the item shipped to the store and pick them up or order from eBay.

• Bu
    butt3rcup81 Oct 15, 2020

@Emily bee1234 I agree. I had a package that was shipped 4 days ago. I had to call customer service every day since then. They said the driver would go back to back track to where they left the package before 5pm. I call them this morning they said they we're just about to call me back because they found out more information 30 minutes ago. To only find out that they had a negative response. The package was no where to be found. Why would it take them 2 days to go back when I had called them the same day when I get notifications on my phone that alerts me when my shipments are "delivered" I wouldn't be surprised if the driver did steal it because I live in small community and we all know each other.

Who ever the driver was I'm convinced they stole it. My package was from a teen store, Forever 21 and I had ordered my teenage kids a bunch of clothes which totaled up to $400!

Anyone who uses OnTrac to ship needs to stop!

• Tr
    Trevor Finnern Sep 01, 2018

I live in a gated community in south wa, and a pile of packages were left at the gate, all packages had ontrac shipping labels

Ananonel Aug 21, 2018

Ontrac company lost my 4th package. I had never ever had problems with shipping companies. But ontrac is the worse.
    They cant provide any kind of quality. They are fooling you that they have delivred something or just said it lost on the way. What? how it can b possible? Just dessapeared? Scam. Scam. Scam.

Emily bee1234 Aug 10, 2020

@Ananonel It is absolutely a scam and it’s companywide it’s part of their business model. Unfortunately no one cares enough to look into it. We’ve even had local drivers arrested for stealing more than 300 packages. The same thing has happened to me on about 20 occasions. I filed a police report but it was rejected. And the companies continue to use them. Obviously these companies are still making so much money that they don’t even notice the loss. And we as customers are stuck suffering. The only power we really have is to stop using the companies that use on track. I live way out in the middle of nowhere so ordering things online is a real necessity for me. But now I order everything from eBay because at least I know I will get them.

• Mi
    Michelle Tignor Aug 20, 2018

I am so upset. This is at least the 10th package recently and 3rd I have called on. Take 4 extra steps and put the box down instead of throwing it. I will be doing many reviews and calling jet.com directly. @#$%[email protected]&$!!
    The driver wouldn't even talk to me when I ran out to confront him.

• Ca
    catkimball Oct 28, 2014

I have been fighting with OnTrac for almost 2 years. My deliveries are thrown over the fence and lay in the mud all day (my house is 3 acres back from the road), or my 2-day delivery shows up anywhere from 8 to 25 days late, or I don't get any delivery at all because "no one wants to drive up there". One driver even told me it was a waste of his time. Their drivers are not employees - they're contract drivers - so they can do pretty much what they want. I have complained to the online stores that I use, but they're no better with customer service. The response is usually "we don't have any control over which shipping company is used". Really???? Then who decided to use these jokers? I've stopped buying from any online site that uses OnTrac and doesn't give me a choice to use UPS, USPS or Fed Ex. Maybe if enough people stopped buying from these online stores, they would get the message. (FYI: soap.com will flag your account with the shipper you want to use - they're keeping my business forever)

Andrew Bush Sep 25, 2014

They wasted my entire day off when I arranged to have a package delivered today then laughed at me on the phone after telling me they "misplaced" it. I will make sure sellers don't use Ontrac before purchasing from them. Hours and Hours of my time wasted not to mention phone time with Amazon to get a refund. Now I'm told it will take days to get a refund before I can purchase from a different seller. I found a seller other than Amazon and at a cheaper price who doesn't use Ontrac. I had no idea buying from Amazon could be this bad. They kept me waiting with their cut and past responses for hours today. Just awful.

• Li
    listen to this Jul 15, 2012

rob requested my tracking number but never contacted me or responded ever again. total fraud . AVOID ONTRAC

• Do
    DoctaDankenstein Mar 20, 2012

I worked for this company as a sorter for 7 months as a temp. This was in Petaluma California and my term ended this month. They have terrible standards on package handling, they really just dont care. I would advise nobody to use OnTrac, regardless of state.

• Ia
    IAgainstI Jun 17, 2011

OnTrac Rob doesn't actually exist - he posts on every single forum where someone complains about OnTrac and the situations are never resolved.

I, myself, have had at least 6 packages disappear thanks to OnTrac. Now I have my Amazon Prime shipments sent to my PO Box where those ### can't touch them.

OnTrac needs to GO AWAY!

• On
    OnTrac Rob May 04, 2011

Hello,

My name is Rob and I work for OnTrac. Please send your tracking number to [email protected] and I will be happy to assist you.

For privacy reasons, please do not post the tracking number in a public response.

Thank you.