Ontario Energy Group — free boiler / furnace / water heater scam
4 March 2016 Dante Espinal (possibly a fake name) came to our door as an Ontario Energy Group representative. He attempted to sell us a contract for a FREE REPLACEMENT BOILER. He wrote out the details on a blank page, which was suspect. It was not a contract. The deal included free monthly rental ($119), free installation, free maintenance and service calls and upgrades... all false promises. The contract I signed had no such details on it, just the installation and rental agreement.
He also said the OPA would reimburse us $240, which is is actually true according to their website, but that applies when you BUY new energy-efficient heating and cooling equipment.
My gas maintenance people (Atomic, they're great) were well aware of the scam. There are no free deals!! STAY AWAY FROM OEG, ONTARIO ENERGY GROUP, they are scam artists.
More Ontario Energy Group Complaints & Reviews
- Ontario Energy Group - waterless tank
- Ontario Energy Group - misrepresentation
- Ontario Energy Group - door to door sales call ends in assault
- Ontario Energy Group - misleading
- Ontario Energy Group - very bad after sale service
- Ontario Energy Group - fraudulent / unethical sales tactics
- Ontario Energy Group - Over charge for buy out of contract
- Ontario Energy Group - Warranty and service
- Ontario Energy Group - false advertising
- Ontario Energy Group - horrible business and dishonest business owners