Ontario Energy Groupdoor to door sales scam

Ontario Energy Group representative arrived at the door saying he was from Ontario Energy and that he had to inspect my furnace to see if it met the Ontario government energy efficiency standard. (I knew what the government standard was (ie. 90 AFUE minimum for new furnace installations) and told him that our furnace exceeded that standard . He insisted it was his job to confirm whether our furnace was up to code. After I showed him the furnace he ignored the AFUE rating and started claiming the black PVC pipes on my furnace proved it was not up to code. He claimed furnaces that were up to code had white PVC pipes. He went on to claim that black PVC pipes were known to crack and leak methane gas. I told him to get out of my home and that I would be making a complaint about his company's dishonest door to door sales campaign. He ran out of the house at that point.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices