Boca Raton, Virginia
United States - 33496-2434
|Mon||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Tue||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Wed||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Thu||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Fri||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Mon||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Tue||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Wed||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Thu||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Fri||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
I have just experienced the worst customer service experience ever with Max Assurance (National Electronic...
Buyer beware of any on-line purchase with Office Depot. I thought O.D. was a reputable company. I had ordered...
I am real estate professional out of Palm Beach, Florida. My company name is Linda Bassitt, P.A. I recently...
Brought a toshiba laptop defect computer from office depot, paid in full, computer performance is poor and had it fixed twice and it still not working and office depot won't give me a refund or exchange. They are a horrible company to deal with.can't get on internet from day one and now it still won't perform well going on internet, cuts off constandly, had to buy another computer from another company hp brand and it works fine. brought computer last year, toshiba company had it send to them twice to fix without success and refuse to do anything else.
I purchased a Gateway laptop from Office Depot for a birthday present. Office depot offered $125.00 instant rebate and another $125.00 mail in rebate. I copied the receipt for myself and filled out the original receipt with my name and address, etc. and mailed it to the Office Depot specified on the receipt.
Well, in less than a week the laptop quit working, it wouldn't power on at all. I was under the assumption that I could return this non-working computer for an exchange, but that was not the case. First off, the store manager told me that because the receipt I had was a copy, (I sent in the original for a rebate) they couldn't help me (I can't believe it!) Second, there was not another laptop like the one I purchased so they couldn't exchange it. And they frankly told me to call Gateway, because they couldn't do anything to help me.
I can't believe that a company can stay in operation with these principles. Their customer service is the pitts! They only want your money and that's all. Please people, don't do business with this organization.
Office Depot has a sale on portable file size boxes at "Buy 2 and Get 1 Free". The sale begain on 1/11/09 and...
I purchased a Canon printhead and sets of Canon inks. I received the printhead and the shipping copy had(has) a handwritten note that the inks would be shipped at a later date. The inks have never arrived.
I sent an email after 60 days following the printhead arrival. There has been no response. As of 2009-01-07 it has been 6 months.
Ordered a color laser printer (Brother HL-4040CN) on closeout for 50% off plus free shipping on December 31st. Received it on January 5th, pretty quick considering the holiday and weekend. The order status was never updated on the website and I never received a tracking number, but I did receive the correct item in good condition so I can't complain too much.
I purchased copies and was not inform of the total. When purchasing the total was $702.52 for 1222 copies which the quality was not great with page numbers missing. I went back the next day to return the copies because I feel like I was overcharged and the quality is not great. Gino the asst. Mgr. stated to return within an hour because he doesn't have that much money in the register. An hour later he called me and stated the str. Mgr. Steven refuses to return the item. I ask to repeat to me the return policy and he gave me an attitude and said, "We are not refusing to return but Steven said he can not return it because it was a service." I told him if you are not refusing then why can I get my money back. He said I would have to talk to Steven in the morning. I have to go through all these numbers to contact corporate and their district manager because I do not feel like I should keep the product I am not satisfied with. If anyone knows numbers please provide them to me. This store is horrible and can not obey by their own rules.
I bought a battery office clock at Office Depot and after two weeks, Office Depot reduced the price on the...
I purchased an Ink Cartridge for my Printer and used my debit card for payment. But before I used the cartridge I purchased a new printer at another store. I took the ink cartridge back along with the receipt to Office Depot within 3 days of purchase. The clerk had no problem returning the item what they did have a problem with is giving me cash for the refund. The clerk and store manager said they could not give me cash is had to be credited back to my debit card and would be applied back to my account by midnight. First of all a debit card is considered a CASH transaction. I have never had a store refuse to give me back cash when a debit card was used. Second of all it is now 3 A.M. and my account has not been credited back the amount of the refund. When asked for the Corporate Contact the Clerk stood back with a disgusted look on his face while the Manager acted like I was a real Pain. I understand NO ONE gets anywhere with Corporate anyway so why bother contacting them. Probably the reason for the attitude from the employee and Manager. I will never Purchase another item at Office Depot. I returned another item at their competitors Office Max and had absolutely No Problem and even received a smile and Thank You from the employee.
On 11/21/2008, my mother bought me a really nice oversize photo printer for Christmas. The reason for wanting the printer, was my upcoming baby on the way. Well, a week before Christmas, we lost the baby at 4 1/2 months. On Christmas day, my mom gave me the printer and all the attachments and said she would understand if I wanted to return it, as my intentions were to take pictures of the baby. Mom gave me the receipt to return it ($444 total bought). When I walked into the store, the Counter guy, Eric, asked for my receipt. I gave it to him. He said, OH, this was bought on a Debit card and I don't have that much money to give you, sorry. I said, Well, we gotta do something, i can't just say okay, and leave, its over $400 were talking about. Eric then said with a smirk, "oh, your past the 14 day return policy, i can only give you a gift card". I said very nicely, There must be anther option for holiday purchases? Eric said again with a smirk and a laugh, "Nope, Gift Card only." I said, "Can i talk to the, , , , , " He stopped me and while laughing said, "I am the manager". I said i wanted to talk to the store manager, he said she wasn't it, and he didn't know when she would be. Seeing i was getting nowhere, I asked for the number to corporate. Eric said, "eight hundred office max." At this point, another associate noticed Eric getting rude and loud so he walked over. This associate was very nice, and was also Erik, but with a K. Erik said, "sir, that nubmer is actually 877, office max. As i was talking to the lady from corporate filing a complaint, Eric was saying, "boy, you just screwed yourself, I'm not helping you at all now, you might as well leave." The lady from corporate couldn't believe the way he was talking to me. He continued to say, "Man, your stupid." After i finished my complaint with corporate, Erik asked Eric to go in the back and talk to him. They went in the back for a couple mins, when a female employee walked in (I think she was the actual shift manager). When Erik noticed her walking in, he quickly asked for her to come to the back. After a few more minutes, all 3 exited and approached me. Erik said very nicely, "Sir, I'm very sorry for the way you were treated, and we certainly strive on our customer service, and we definately don't want complaints to go to corporate, so we would like to refund you the money back on your debit card. I said thank you very much. Eric quickly and loudly said, "You don't have to be such an [censored]", The female said, "Eric, that's enough!" Eric then said, "What? He is an [censored]" I said, "Sir, I've been nothing but calm, and never once cursed at your or anybody." Eric said, "I dont' care your and [censored] and I'll say it again, your an [censored]!" Eric was pretty much screaming this, which had caught the attention of all the other customers in the store. The female stopped, and said, "You need to go in the back now! and shut the door!" Eric refused. The female demanded him to do it again. He finally went in the back. The female continued to tell me how sorry she was and that she was sending him home. Erik and her both were very apologetic. After the transaction was complete, I called corporate back, and gave another complaint about the employee Eric calling me an [censored] 4 times. They logged my complaint, which said would go to the district manager. Not sure if it will go anywhere, but who knows. And just so they know, as soon as I got to work (a fortune 500 company), I emailed my entire experience to my entire division (400 people). I received over 150 emails back from my co-workers, stating thank you for the warning and they were going to refuse to shop at Office Max due to this as well as their return policy that they didn't know about. It wasn't slander, just purely what happened. Most said they forwarded it to their friends and family. I will never shop their again and will continue to send that email to people and post my story to any web site I can find that applies, until Office Max Corporate can make this right to me.
Ordered gift online for husband. I entered a "Bill to" address and a "ship to" address. Office Depot shipped the package to the bill to address via UPS. I contacted UPS and they verified that ONLY Office Depot has authority to change address once package is in transit. Office Depot REFUSES to do so. I've been on the phone, politely, for three days. I've even been hung up on by one of their support associates. They don't give names or ID #'s and they have miserable attitudes.
The following is from their corporate website:
We fuel our customers' dreams by anticipating and listening to their needs and passionately delivering on our promises. Failure is not an option, as we promise to "wow" on recovery."
On Black Friday, which was the official start of holiday shopping, The Office Depot Branch manager opened the door and went straight to a couple of people who just came to store and gave them the "ticket" which allowed them to purchase the HP G50-112NR laptop on sale. "What?" the customers in the front of the line were ashtonished by the store manager who ingored them and the line.
This is the store in Barrington/Pico, Los Angeles of California. Be cautious to choose a store to shop, not only go with the sale but also the store's reputation.
"Was that branch manager deliberately passed out the tickets to his friends so that they can purchase the laptops?"
On October 11, 2008 a Gateway laptop which I had purchased from Office Depot with a Performance Protection Agreement was sent for repair. The unit is a Tablet Pc and the single pivoting hinge broke. We were not aware that the hinge had failed until the stress caused the housing around the hinge to crack. This released the screen from the laptop.
The following is an honest and detailed account of the process I went through to get the item repaired. It took 45 days, 25 phone calls, and conversations with dozens of Office Depot reps—many of whom were rude and/or unqualified to, in any way, help with my problem. I spoke to five different supervisors, four of which did not follow up with me as they had promised. The reason for refusing the repair was first stated to be because the damage was due to accidental damage (which it was not), then because the damage was cosmetic (which it was not), then because it was covered under the contract terms (which it was), and finally we went back to the accidental coverage defense. At this point I called them out on their tactics and they submitted to repair the item.
I have another laptop which I bought from Circuit City with their City Assure Plan. When this item has needed repair, it has been fixed without dispute. The repair company that services both Office Depot and Circuit City is Nexicore with repair centers in Texas and California. This tells me that the problem arises out of Office Depot’s policies for honoring their contracts with customers.
Clearly this company does not need to be selling warrantees. There are other places to buy electronics and better places to buy an extended warrantee. If you must buy a product from Office Depot, do not by the Performance Protection Plan. Stories like mine are not uncommon.
--Beginning of Log--
Monday, October 20
• Called [protected], told to call Nexicore to find out why service was denied.
• Called Nexicore, told that they had sent word to OD that screen was cracked, assumption made that laptop was dropped. I explained that they must be mistake. The screen was not cracked. Rep placed me on hold and reviewed photos. She determined that the screen was not cracked but then stated that she actually meant to say that the hinge was cracked, I was told to call [protected] to find out exactly why service was denied on loose hinge.
• Called [protected] – I explained that Nexicore was incorrect in their diagnosis and that I wanted to speak to someone about reissuing the service call. I was transferred to Monty Wilson. His mailbox was full. I pressed *0 to go to the operator. I explained to her that I needed to speak to Monty Wilson but that he was not at his desk and his mailbox was full. She transferred me to Monty’s full voice mailbox again. I pressed *0 and repeated myself to the operator. She placed me on hold for 7 minutes. I finally hung up.
• Called [protected] – Asked to be transferred to Monty but that his voice mailbox was full can someone place check take down a message or find him. I was place on hold by the rep. When the rep returned he told me that he had found Monty and he would transfer me. I got Monty’s voice mailbox again. I pressed *0 and spoke to the operator again. She told me she had done everything should could for me and that I would simply have to call back.
• Called by Monty – While I was trying to call back in, Monty called me. I explained the situation to Monty and told him that the hinge was bad, the hinge cover was cracked due to the pressure of the bad hinge, and that the screen was fine. I explained to Monty that this was a tablet PC and that the laptop had one single hinge and that the crack on the hinge cover occurred from the bad hinge. Monty said he would turn it over to his supervisor and call back this evening or tomorrow
Tuesday, October 21
• No call from Monty
Wednesday, October 22
• No call from Monty
Thursday, October 23
• No call from Monty
• Called [protected] – Yolanda checked to see if Monty was still in, he was not, Yolanda stated that she would send him an email and he would call me tomorrow.
• Called [protected] – Obtained Monty’s email to send him photos of the Laptop.
• Looked up number to OD national customer relations. [protected]. ([protected]@waca.com)
• Called the original store (#00037) @ [protected] to inquire about what action I can take to get the matter resolved. Bill said to email information to him at [protected]@officedepot.com and he will forward to cooperate. (I determined to wait on sending the photos until I had exhausted all efforts through normal channels at WACA)
Friday, October 24
• Received voice mail from Sheldon who state that the screen is covered but it is not damaged. And the hinge cover is not covered by the contract (which was never in dispute). Call back information is [protected] Ex 24127
• Called Monty who apologized but stated that there was nothing more he could do for me.
• Called Corporate Office [protected]. I spoke to Bethany and asked to speak to a supervisor but was asked to relay my need to her. I explained the issue to her and she attempted to refer me back to the WACA. I explained again that this was pointless because they have refused to help. Jimmy refused to talk with me but sent word that he would not be able to help me. Bethany told me to call [protected] again. I explained once more that this was pointless because they have refused to help. She placed me on hold to find ask Jimmy were he should send me then (without getting back on the phone to let me know what she was doing) transferred me to WACA anyways. Spoke with Bryant who documented what just happened and tried to located Monty. At my request, he arranged for a new shipping label and service order—in hopes that they previously simply misdiagnosed the problem and this time will diagnose it right.
• Called to speak with Sheldon. Rep O’Neal tried to locate him but he was at lunch and I was directed to call back after 7:40 p.m. EST.
Monday, October 29
• No contact with Sheldon
Tuesday, October 28
• Called to speak with Sheldon. Rep told me that there was no way to transfer me to a supervisor. I told her that I was sure she could transfer me. She placed me on hold and said that she would be unable to transfer me to a supervisor. I told her that I knew this was incorrect because I had been transferred numerous times to a supervisor. Rep placed me on hold and obtained Stephanie. After much delay it was determined that Sheldon was not available but rep transferred me to Stephanie. I explained the situation to her and she assured me that the problem would be fixed. She would add a note to the service order created by Bryant on October 24 instructing item to be fixed.
Thursday, October 30
• Box was shipped to Nexicore
Thursday, November 6
• Received phone call from WACA advising me that my laptop was sent back unrepaired because the hinge was not covered. I attempted to argue the point but found myself being talked over and schooled on the “Terms and Conditions” of the contract. Rep said that hinges are excluded from repair.
Wednesday, November 5-Wednesday, November, 12
• I was personally unavailable to dispute because of a business trip
Friday, November 14
• I reviewed “Terms and Conditions” of the contract.
What is not covered: (Heading)
Computers, Electronics, and Miscellaneous Products (Subheading)
Cosmetic defects, damage, or failures of non-operational components that do not inhibit the proper operation and performance of the covered items, such as but not limited to: cabinetry and cabinet frames, decorative finishing, door liners, glass, projection television exterior screens, handles, knobs, masks, racks, rollers, shelves, cracked cases and broken hinges;
it is abundantly obvious that every item in this list refers to cabinetry and cosmetic accessories—i.e. handles, knobs, masks, etc. Further, a hinge on a Tablet PC or any laptop for that matter is an operational component
• Spoke with Andria. I explained that the Terms and Conditions did exclude hinges but that appeared to be on cabinetry. Further I read the Terms and Conditions to her: I explained that this is obviously referring to cabinetry and accessories for electronics stands. Further that the monitor staying open was not a non-operational comp Andria placed me on hold for upwards of five minutes, got back on the line and told me that the unit was denied service because the damage was accidental (referring to the cracked hinge casing). I explained to her that this was not the reason it was denied service most recently. She insisted that it was. I told her that I received a phone call on November 6 from WACA stating that it was declined because hinges are not covered. She ignored my statement restating the supposed accidental nature of the damage. I asked to speak to a supervisor and after several passionate requests she placed me on hold and went obtain a supervisor. She returned stating that she could not located one but that she would have someone call me soon.
• Called the original store (#00037) @ [protected]. Asked for Bill and told that he was with a customer. Rep suggested that I should call back in a few minutes.
• Called the original store (#00037) @ [protected] after about 5 minutes. Asked for Bill and was told that he had gone home. I asked for another supervisor and was transferred to Joanna. I explained the situation to her, that I had already talked to Bill, and that I would be emailing him the information we had discussed on October 23.
• Received call back from Bill Nation. I explained all pertinent details up to this point and how that now OD is saying they will not fix my laptop because of the supposed exclusion in the contract (no longer because of supposed accidental damage). I read the section of the “Terms and Conditions” that was referenced to me on November 6. He placed me on hold. When he returned we resumed talk about weather or not the damage to the laptop was accident (was the unit dropped). He returned and asked me if the unit had any external damage. I explained to him that it had none and that I would be happy to email photos of the unit. He said he would review the images, contact Nexicore, and return my phone call around 2:00 tomorrow.
• Photos and description to this point emailed to [protected]@newcorp.com
Saturday, November 15
• No call from Bill (Nation)
• Spoke with Bryant again (9:20 p.m.). He told me that had gone home for the evening. He sent Bill and email with the contract number and instructions to return my phone call. I asked when I might expect to hear back from Bill. Bryant told me that there was no way for him to know.
Sunday, November 16
• No call from Bill. I called and spoke with Richard who told me that Bill was not in. I asked to speak to a manager. He placed me on hold and came back stating that no manager was available. He stated that he would send Bill another email to call me.
Monday, November 17
• No call from Bill
Tuesday, November 18
• No call from Bill. I called WACA and spoke with Clement who told me that he did not know a Bill Nation that he must work in another area. I asked for Bill to be located (referring to the notes to help located him). He told me that this was not possible. I asked to speak to a supervisor. He said he would check the notes and then told me that Bill had placed a note in the system on Monday, November 17 at 7:00am stating that the unit would not be fixed because of accidental damage. I explained to the rep that this is not the reason Nexicore sent it back last time and that I have gotten multiple excuses as to why the unit would not be repaired under agreement. I asked to speak with a supervisor. He told me that he could not transfer me. I told him that I know this was not the case because I had been transferred to a supervisor numerous times. He placed me on hold. I waited for several minutes and disconnected call.
• I called the original store (#00037) @ [protected]. Spoke to Bill who instructed me to email my notes and photos and he would forward on to the “Escalation Department”.
• I called WACA and spoke to Brandy. I asked her to speak to a supervisor. She insisted that she would be able to help me. I assured her that she would not because I have spoken to many reps. She placed me on hold-checking back periodically to let me know we were still waiting on a supervisor. The supervisor Cheryl came to the phone and I explained the situation to her (the multiple diagnosis and Bill’s neglect to call me back like he said he would, and exactly what I wanted fixed-just the hinge). She arranged another service order, placing notes that the unit should be repaired under warrantee because it is not accidental damage and it is covered under the “Terms and Conditions” but even if it is not I wanted to have it fixed and I would cover the cost. I told her that was fine but in such a case Nexicore needed to call first to notify me of the cost. She placed a note to this effect and then read to me exactly what she he wrote. I explained to her that I would be supremely disappointed if I wound up having to pay to have this item fixed.
• Photos and description to this point emailed to [protected]@officedepot.com
Monday, December 1
• Box shipped to Nexicore
Friday, December 5
• DHL attempt to make delivery of an item today—apparently the laptop
• Called to check status of repair. I spoke to Dominic and asked him is he could confirm weather or not the repair had been completed. He told me that he could not and that he would have to “escalate me to a supervisor.” He placed me on hold and then transferred me back to the automated system. I followed the automated system and spoke to Bruce. He verified that the notes on the account stated that the unit was repaired. Finally!
I arrived at the Office Depot store on Friday November 28 at 5:40am. There were about 150 people in line, and...
Those people are thefts. They said in the new tech service they offer that they remove unwanted software like...
Salesperson at office depot talks me into a brother laser printer for such and such a price. Go to the...
I did everything I was supposed to do in order to submit the rebate, However I didn't get any response from office depot rebate center after almost 2 months and I submitted the copy again, and called the rebate center, and the agent told me it is ok, then on october this year, I checked the status of my rebate, it indicate my rebate got rejected as I postmarked it late! This is a really a scam, as they can claim you never received customer's rebate submission, and when the customer resubmit it you deny it.I feel so frustrated on this 70.00$ rebate, and I called office rebate center, they told me they can't help me!
I bought two notebooks from Office depot for amount $1450 and at that time they had a promotion with rebate...