Menu
Office Depot
reviews & complaints

Office Depot
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

299 complaints
151 resolved 148 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Office Depot. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
S
12:09 am EDT

Office Depot - copy and print center

Office Depot store # 3264
39759 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy Ste 400
Dallas Texas
The young ladies that worked in copy and print on today the bigger one with the glasses on is so rude to the customers. I noticed that every time I'm in there shopping. I feel if you're working with the public you should be more professional with your job and she isn't.l just feel if somebody is spending their money in your business they wanna be treated with respect and kindness if their treating you with those things.

D
6:12 pm EDT
Office Depot has left an official reply on this complaint.

Office Depot - trying to buy a four hundred dollar office chair out of the store

went into the office max store in key west florida to buy a offfce chair! the was no one there that could help me at all after waiting 20 minutes i finally found some one to wait on me ! once finding someone to help me the clerk scanning machine would not work so i had to wait another 15 minutes for the clerk to find a scanning machine then come to find out the store did not have the chair i wanted in stock ! i said i would order the chair but the clerk said he could not get onto the internet to let me order the chair so he could not sell me the four hundred dollar chair everyone else has internet but office max ! how can office max stay in business doing business this way ! i will order my four hundred dollar chair from amazon with no problems at all! this store will not be in business very long with business practices like this ! this is a small island and word spreads very fast down here among the people that live and work here! sincerely david lee kid well key west florida!

L
10:04 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Office Depot - duplicate shipment; won't allow return of duplicate item

I purchased Item 353866 Fellowes Powershredder W-11C for Christmas gift for my brother from Office Depot. They shipped 2 by accident and billed me for 2. My brother in law tried to return within 30 days to store but the store could not take back because didn't have the appropriate paperwork. I called to return and was told I could not because it was outside the 30 days. They shipped duplicate by accident, their error. I kept one and want to return the second that has never been used. I will accept store credit; just want to return this item I will never be able to use. I have sent several emails to office depot but no response to my second email. Please help me!

Order #[protected]

Cheryl Hughes [protected]; '[protected]@everestgroupintl.com

W
10:31 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Customer # [protected] Order Date: 3/07/19 Received the wrong item got a return authorization 3/13/2019 Ref: 145 796 20 I've called 8 times to find out about my credit back to my credit card for this item after they picked it up with the authorization 3/21/2019 for $80.43 I've been told that the credit would be received within 5 to 7 days after the item wa...

T
6:53 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Purchased a Logitech M100 USB Corded Mouse from a local Office Depot location. The mouse packaging appeared typical of many hard plastic-wrapped items I've purchased for years. There was no indication the mouse cord was routed to the top of the package. After carefully cutting across the top as I always have, the USB mouse cord, to my utter surprise, wa...

G
8:14 pm EST

Office Depot - customer service

I am a small business owner and often have quantiles of more the 40= pages of manuals printed via online. I arrived to pick up my order and asked for a printout with the price. The manager Theresa started the task, a man came in and stood on line as he should have. she stopped servicing me to give him his order. I said to her you know this is the second time you did this to me, he came in the store after me and should have waited. Just as she did previously, she did not so much as apologize. I am African American however, it could be that she is racist, or she need to do good deeds for men. The last time it happened it was a man, she stopped servicing me to mail off his package.
honestly someone needs to have a conversation with her or take her off the front line, she does not represent very well. I will not go out of my way to another store, however I will refuse her servicing me, as this is the 2nd time she displayed such rude behavior.

K
11:31 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I did not pick up a $25. order of paper. Office Depot's email states if an order is not picked up within 5 days the order will be canceled and refunded. NOT TRUE! It was on my credit card statement. I called the 800 number and was told it would be credited within 5 days. NOT TRUE! I then called the local store. The manager, Aaron (would not give me his last...

J
1:08 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We recieved an email this morning that office depot is shipping an order of toner cartridges to us. The problem is we didn't order, ask or approve an order of any kind! They charged our credit card for over $300.00, and put us in a bind. We needed that to pay bills this week. The customer service said that the refund will take 7-10 business days!!! How and...

D
7:50 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I took my laptop in on December 2, 2018. When I finally got it back and turned it on, it was damaged. I called them and complained. They hem hawed about it, and I called again and got a manager named Katie. I talked to her about it, and I got the same nonsense. she had me bring it in again and they kept it for quite a few days. no one contacted me as to...

J
12:31 pm EST

Office Depot - customer service

1) Ordered a desk on Cyber-Monday 2018 and when the delivery company called they made an appointment for 8AM-10AM the next day. I concurred but nobody showed the next morning. I had other appointments so I called the carrier and told them to CANCEL THE DELIVERY AND RETURN TO OFFICE DEPOT. I then called Office Depot Customer Service, explained the situation and CANCELLED the order and REQUESTED A REFUND.

Every week I checked my Office Depot credit card but no refund. Called Customer Service, explained the entire scenario, was issued a Confirmation number and told the refund would be authorized in 3-5 days.

Following week no refund, called customer service and repeated same, issued another Confirmation number and should expect refund in 3-5 days.

Next week was a TOTAL REPEAT of previous week.

Following week I was informed that the refund was not authorized because they had not received the desk back at the warehouse and didn't know where it was.

Luckily I still had the carrier's phone number, called them and learned they still had the desk and were waiting for delivery instructions. I TOLD THEM TO RETURN TO OFFICE DEPOT IMMEDIATELY. Called Office Depot, told them the carrier still has your desk, do what you need to get the desk and issue my refund.

99% sure customer service is off-shore and Office Depot can't care less how their customers are treated. Tried to call Corporate HQ in Florida to complain but you can't even get through to the Operator. If you select customer service your call is transferred to, you guessed it, those [censored]s...…….that don't know and don't care!

2) Ordered a glass chair mat Jan. 2019 and was following it on UPS tracking when mid-route the web page showed "HALT! ITEM DAMAGED AND DISCARDED."

Called Office Depot customer service, gave order # and told them to check UPS tracking and inform me of replacement policy. I was told they would have to wait until the damaged item was retuned to the warehouse and confirmed (how many days!), a refund issued (3-5 days), a new cc charge made, and a replacement shipped (7-10 days) ! I'm not waiting another 2-3 weeks. GET REAL! CANCEL THE ORDER AND ISSUE REFUND!

Why is the customer always screwed for problems generated by the carrier and/or Office Depot?

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER OFFICE DEPOT!

M
3:28 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

To Whom It May Concern, I am a very upset business owner. My last three orders that I have placed with Office Depot has been a nightmare. I have a commercial line of credit with Office Depot that I have used to make my last three purchases. But this current one is the one that has put me over the top. I thought the whole purpose of has a line of credit...

M
9:34 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Customer service and care on the part of Mary and Lauren, Mary's supervisor, is lacking. I called Office Depot (29320 Plymouth Rd, Livonia, MI) to get instructions so that my 93-year-old mother could have her Christmas letter printed. Learned that it is cheaper to order via online print center than to send an email with the document attached, however...

L
4:14 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In late October, I place an order for a printer and extra ink cartridges. The ink cartridges were delivered and the printer was not. I have since been notified that the printer is no longer being manufactured. I am trying to return the cartridges and place a new order for a printer that is available. Below are my 10 requests for assistance. Please note...

U
6:07 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I normally never make it a habit to leave reviews but my experience today as a loyal customer at office max located in Homewood Illinois on haulsted was the worst. I came in to pick up an order that was called in ahead of time. Right off the back I received attitude and extreme unprofessional behavior. Everyone in the photo area was just lounging around...

B
8:51 am EST

Office Depot - horrible customer service and refusal of credits due for orders returned over 20 days

Order placed 1 printer $524.29 Oct 29. We received 3 printers, we refused to sign or accept the order for 2. Nov 2 we received 2 credit emails #[protected]-001 & [protected]-001 each amount $524.29. 5 days later I called about credit OD credit card told it would take 7-10days. Nov 15th called back because credits not issued spoke to "Jan" assured me both credits wld be back on card by Nov 15. Called back Nov 16 still no credit, spoke Manager "Janicie" who assured me receipt printers confirmed and credits would be expedited. Nov 20th called bk I was told someone at OD cancelled the credits so OD had to reissue. Spoke to Janet (CCU) Supervisor Ext 1212154 who said a temporary credit would be put on OD card. Called bk Nov 26 spk to Tevin (Supervisor) who told me it would be another 3-4 days.

C
8:47 pm EST

Office Depot - deceptive marketing/false advertising/ poor customer service

Office Depot advertised a promotion for double back in rewards on all writing from 9/30-10/13. On 10/6 I purchased some writing items, but I only received 4% back instead of double (200%) back. The rep informed me that the deal was actually double rewards (4% back) instead of double back in rewards, even though my screenshot of the deal says differently. Office Depot changed the wording of the deal after the fact and then refused to honor the deal as it was written at the time of purchase. It is very poor customer service to refuse to honor an advertised promotion, but changing the promotion in an effort to confuse customers and get out of honoring it is deceptive and shady. Customer service has been terrible and after arguing back and forth for several weeks the rep finally told me I can return the items if I have an issue with it or else hire a lawyer to pursue the false advertising. When a company would rather get lawyers involved than honor their own promotion that says a lot about the company. Buy at your own risk and be sure to screenshot every step of the way.

View 0 more photos
T
12:43 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to your store and bought a cartridge size 60( I took my the old ones out and took them in with me) > I put the new ones in and then I had a problem trying to get it out. I had someone to come in my house to check my printer and I was told they sold me the wrong cartridge. I cannot get the cartridge out so I took the printer to the store, they tried...

B
1:02 pm EST

Office Depot - employees

I am currently at the office Max on Amargosa in Victorville and as soon as I arrived to the photo center the lady working there makes it seem as if I'm doing something wrong. And answers my questions in such a rude manner. When I sent her the picture that I wanted to get printed I guess the size was a bit off so she's over here getting frustrated. I'm sorry lady! I can fix it GOSH. So I don't say anything to her but I went up to one of the cashier's to make a purchase at the other side of the store. I didn't get her name but she had a peircing on her nose, I start asking her if anybody has ever complained about the lady at the photo center and she said no so I told her that she has a really nasty personality and she continued with the transaction and completely spoke over me and ignored my concern. This is NOT ACVEPTABLE. I've never ever ever complained at a store but this is the third time I come to the store and the same lady always has that horrible personality. It makes me very upset.

F
3:11 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello, Me and my wife went to the store over at 4612 Milestone Ln, Castle Rock, CO 80104 to get lots of office supplies for our growing business. Upon arrival I received a very important phone call from my customers and we decide that wife will go and start making shopping while I'll pulled to the right side of the building to finish my conversation and...

S
5:50 pm EDT

Office Depot - charged for 512gb ssd (2x) sent 256gb ssds twice - mistake or fraud?

On 8/3/2018 I placed an online order for 2x 512 GB WD Solid State Drives - this order was placed through Office Depot Customer service department on the phone ([protected]-001

). The following Monday I received my shipment. While the invoice stated the correct items, the actual drives included in the package were cheaper 256GB WD SSDs. Surprisingly both the drives were 256GBs instead of 512 GBs. I called OD customer service and reported this mistake. They apologized and created a new order for the same (516 GB drives) - [protected]-001, while starting a return for the earlier wrong order.

Today I received the second (replacement) order and again, while the invoice says 2x 512 GB WD drives, the package included 2x 256GB Drives. I called OD customer service ( Ref: [protected]) and spoke with a very understanding and helpful customer service agent (Nina / AE9S). She notated my account and told me that someone from the warehouse would get in touch with me within 4 Hours. No one has called me yet.

I am starting to wonder if this is deliberate employee fraud being perpetuated by OD Warehouse employees. Needless to say that my Credit Card has been charged twice since the return is still in progress and hasn't yet reached the warehouse. I am already over a week behind schedule on my project deadline and I have two cheaper drives than the ones I was charged for. Please advise if this is an issue that your department could solve. As a last resort I am willing to take this to small claims court and social media but its not my preferred action.

I hope Office Depot can make this right quickly. Needless to say I will be returning back to Amazon for my office supplies need in the future.

Update by Star-Lights
Aug 12, 2018 8:07 pm EDT

As a response to my email that I sent to Office Depot (Dale), they were kind enough to send me the right drives and they let me keep the wrong drives complimentary. This matter has been resolved quickly by OD and I am happy with their service.

Office Depot contacts