Having problems with Ocwen?

Ocwen reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 10, 2007. The latest review home loan was posted on Dec 5, 2019. The latest complaint escrow was resolved on Aug 13, 2014. Ocwen has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 273 reviews. Ocwen has resolved 139 complaints.

Ocwen Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 746 2936 (Customer Service)
1661 Worthington Rd, Suite 100
West Palm Beach, Florida

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ocwen Customer Service. Initial Ocwen complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ocwen above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ocwen. Discuss the issues you have had with Ocwen and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Ocwen Complaints & Reviews, Page 6

Ocwen Loan Servicing — wrong ssn

We received our form 1098 for taxes and "one" number, a "1", was replaced with a "7". I called a rep and...

Ocwen Loan Servicing — inflated pay off

Our home equity loan began with mellon financial who sold it to litton financial, who sold it to ocwen loan...

Ocwen Loan Servicingincompetent loan servicing

Before posting my personal nightmares related to loan servicers, I want to share my plans for resolving them. Several weeks before leaving, I intend to drill holes in the many large pine trees on my property and fill them with salt and RoundUp. The lawn and shrubs will get regular watering with salt brine. On the day I walk away from my home, I am going in the attic and will pour deer urine and skunk oil (available at any sporting goods store) between all the walls before opening the hot water tank's drain valve (hot water tank is in the attic). When I leave, the back door and windows will be open so all the critters living in the swamp behind my home can come in and enjoy the 50 pounds of rotten meat scattered throughout the house. Water will run from the hot water tank until the electricity is disconnected for non-payment but I doubt that will stop at least some of the swamp critters from immediately taking up residence and more will move in when the flooding stops.

Homecomings Financial almost took my home when I accepted "Disaster Assistance" following Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Their "assistance" was a bigger disaster than Katrina and cost me thousand of dollars, but I managed to hold on to my home. Then my servicing rights were bought by Litton. After almost a year of unemployment and under-employment, I did a loan modification through Litton. Two months after the modification was in place, my monthly billing statement began to show "Other Fees Due" in the amount of >$6000.00. Litton said it was for "fees and corporate advances" they forgot to include in the modification but would not itemize the expenses. I called Litton hundreds of times demanding they account for the "fees and corporate advances". I was a rude, hateful, relentless, name-calling ###. When the CSR lied, I called him/her a liar. When the CSR was ignorant, I called him/her stupid. When the CSR hung-up on me, I called right back and tore into the next one. After 18 months, a CSR admitted the "fees and corporate advances" should have been "written off" as part of the modification process and promised to get them removed from my account. Three months later, I got back on my broom and started again because the fees remained on my billing statement. Eventually, the fees were reduced to $2000.00 (+ or -) and then, in Nov 2011, my servicing rights were sold to Ocwen who promptly assessed >$800.00 to my escrow account without explanation. Ocwen has increased my monthly payment $73.00 until the escrowed amount is paid but, to date, have not explained the origin of this debt. And, yes, Litton's $2000.00 in "fees and corporate advances" continue to appear on my billing statements.
After 7 years of dealing with the deliberate and never-ending incompetence of Homecomings Financial, Litton Loan Servicing and Ocwen, I am broke, tired and almost defeated. The small equity I have managed to retain will not pay closing costs and moving expenses if I sell the house. My credit rating, always excellent prior to Katrina, is ruined. I may not keep those thieving vultures from taking my home but, since I have nothing left to lose, I can make sure their efforts are appropriately rewarded.

Ocwen Mortgageterrible company

Ocwen mortgage is a horrible company. I have had a mortgage with them for 6 years and despite that fact that I have not had 1 late payment, they call me every month for the first 6-10 days of the month to tell me that my payment is late. If I answer their call they are rude and harassing telling me that my payment is late and that even though there is a 15 day grace period every month that my payment was due on the 1st of the month and needs to be paid on the 1st of the month. I have finally gotten smart and now I have their number set up so I know when they are calling and ignore their calls. They call 7 days a week. This morning - saturday at 8am-they left a message saying that since my payment is still late (Today is the 4th of the month) that they have now changed the status of my loan and to call and discuss it. I just went online to my account and guess what... No change... I also looked up my payment history and for the past 6 years I have consistently paid my payment between the 5th and 13th of the month with not 1 late payment. As soon as I can pay these jokers off... I will!!! Horrible people with no morals or character!

• Ca
        carrd64 Feb 04, 2012

I used to be a customer of Ocwen Mortgage after they purchased my loan from another lender. They are absolutely awful! Be sure to check your principle balance every single month. I'm so happy to be away from them.

Ocwen Loan Companytheives!!!

My home loan has changed hands three times... Ocwen bought it out this time... They sent me a letter saying that they had no record of home owners insurance... Bullshi*!!!I have had the same aaa insurance since I bought my home over 7 years ago... Went into my local aaa office and my rep said they want me to do their work for them... Show them I have the insurance instead of them researching it them selves... They sent me a letter saying they are gonna charge me 420 bucks a month for insurance unless I send them proof... Again my aaa rep said you are covered, have always been covered wondered what the hell ocwen was talking about... She sent them all the info they needed... Then they automatically take the house payment out of my checking account... Well sure enough they took out the money for the insurance anyway!!!I called them up.. Some stupid chick in india.. All she kept saying was sorry for the inconvience... About a hundred times.. Then she said the 420 bucks will be credited to my checking account in 48 working hours... O. K... Then 3 days later no money.. I call the again... Another chick in india... Same routine... Sorry for the inconvience sir, a hundred times... Oh we will send you a check in 14 business days... Auuggghhh!!!I hate this company!!!Aahhhggghhhhh.. They are a bunch of corporate crooks!!!Aaahhhgggg!!!

• Cc
          cconrad Jan 29, 2012

legal claims investigator will consult with you if you have documentation. contact [email protected]

Ocwen Loan Servicingincompetent

Ocwen idea of helping home owners is to refuse to allow owners to short sale their home so they force a foreclose on their home. Ocwen on dec. 1, 2011 notified my mls agent they had reversed their decision 6 weeks after cash offer and three other market rate offers plus to allow me to short sale my home. They sent me a letter stating they move slower than other current reputable lending institutions on cash short sales paperwork and they would not attempt to start the process because it would take them longer than 45 days (Cash offer received oct. 25th & my foreclosure notice is dec. 14th). I will not accept ocwens decision to foreclose on my home because of litton loan service or ocwen's refusal/inaction to do the paperwork in current real estate standard industry time frame.
        Our newspaper and television stations have also broadcast in nevada "there will be no foreclosures in december" (Even if home owners received a notice). Ocwen has not responded to my email to rescind their decision and allow me to short sale my home. Ocwen has no right to foreclose on my home after i got approval from ocwen (Mary) personnel one week prior to listing my home after receiving notice litton loan service was passing my loan off to ocwen the following monday. Litton's attorneys also suggested and approved me to short-sale my home. I refuse to be penalized or held accountable for another person or entity's inaction and incompetence

Ocwenbad business

MY mortgage company homeq was sold to ocwen. 2 years into it they decided we needed flood insurance. ” not needed”, back and forth with them and fima, we paid a surveyor $700 to prove we did not need it, faxed documentation to fema. they sent us a release form. we do not need flood insurance, however ocwen puts forced flood insurance on our mortgage. we over paid for two months an additional $240. we continue to call them they tell me each time they will run a new escrow analyasis . this never happens, i call ev ery week since april it is now august and will not change my payment. so we decide to pay what our normal payment is. they cash the checks but will not apply it to our account. they call it a suspense payment, . every time i call they do not speak english, and claim that they do not have a call center in the usa, nor will they put me on with a manager|. this kind of conduct should be illegal|. we have hired an attorny, but really this is a shake down, after reading all the comments why are they still in buisiness ? can’t we stand up for our selves? they are sending us reistered foreclosure letters saying we are in default;. i am not a fan of haibbs, and i certainly am not going to let these *** take our house|. this is america and we intend to fight for what is right!. if you are having problems with them, fight back.. it will not stop until we take them down!!! do you want them to take your home wrongfull???? not me!

• Pa
              Patti Morris Sep 15, 2012

AGREE RIP OFF SCAM COMPANY

Ocwen Loanocwen loan modification

Ocwen is very tough to deal with ~ if you are the battling them alone. Ocwen
            Needs to be pressured with imminent bk threats or mediation law procedures.
            They are basically a giant collection agency. They purchase the distressed
            Mortgages at extreme discounts and collect aggressively. They do not play by
            The rules and need to be pressed hard. We have completed many successful
            Loan work out cases with ocwen ~ they are all long run & brutal battles.
            Feel free to visit our website for further details on avoiding a pending sale date.

www.Freshstart-mortgagesolutions.com or call 1.877.297.7011

• Qu
                quidell777 Oct 24, 2012

this company helps people with their difficult mod issues, check it out when you get a chance!

joshua

Ocwenoxcwen steals money

Ocwen bought out my loan from previous mortgage co. With no information on their part that this was happening. It was by accident that I found this out and immediately called to find out my loan # and give them my changed bank info for direct debit. They to the 18th of the month and when I went back and checked they had not done this so I panicked and called ocwen to make payment over the phone to avoid any late fee, they charged me $20 and then ended up taking out 2 payment causing me to have bounced checks. They agreed. They would not let me speak with research they told what to fax I did and then never followed up with me and then said I needed another bank statement, they do not return calls kept me on hold for hours and still have not attempted to pay me my money they owe me. They are evil. Don't use them unless you like having the run around and people stealing money from you.

• Re
                  rell717 Oct 30, 2012

you do not pay until your modification is approved!!!

only company available that does this!!

jones

Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLCunwilling to respond to attempts for loan modification

Ocwen Loan Servicing (from India) forced me into foreclosure. I am 70 years old; my salary was cut. I tried for 2 years for a loan modification. I lost 4 short sale buyers--one just 2 weeks prior to foreclosure. Ocwen appraised/set the house price, then continually asked for more money. Buyers agreed 3 times, meeting Ocwen's terms. Upon the 4th greedy attempt, all buyers walked. Ocwen intended this foreclosure. I complained to California State Attorney General's office twice. Attempts to communicate via phone, fax, letter and email failed by me and my agent. One phone system transfers to another and another until someone says "leave me a message--I will return your call within 24 hours". No call ever comes. Off shore companies have no understanding or concern for the customer in this country. Mortgages are sold off to these type companies by likewise greedy Bankers/Mortgage Companies and they MUST be held accountable!! When is this kind of graft going to stop???? Avoid all involvement with this company!

Ocwen Helper Dec 07, 2011

Lawyers are usually of no help at all with Mortgage companies, unless they're mortgage experts too. And this happens very rarely.
                    Ocwen's biggest problem is efficiently communicating with their customers.
                    I see your case is lost, but should you have any further concern about how to fight/deal with Ocwen, please contact me to [email protected]

Ocwen Loan Servicing LLClate fee

I had a loan with Litton Loan Services that was transferred to Ocwen. Ocwen is charging a late fee on a payment I made to Litton just when the merger occurred. Ocwen said in its paperwork that they would not charge the fee if the consumer sent their last payment to Litton, but now they are. Did this happen to you? If so, please call me at 347.683.2505. Thanks, Susan

Ocwen Helper Dec 07, 2011

Dear Susan: This is so very common you can't imagine how often it happens. Most probably your last payment to Litton was missaplied, or Ocwen included tax and/or insurance with your monthly payment when you didn't have that house expenses escrowed with Litton.
                      Anyway, Ocwen's biggest problem is efficiently communicating with customers. Should you have any further inquiry about how to fight/deal with Ocwen, please don't hesitate to contact me to [email protected]
                      And just another comment: as you're in New York, you can choose to remain with your prior mortgage servicer, if that company still exists.

Ocwenrefusing payments-forcing me to pay outrageous reinstatement fees to keep my home, in mo.

I 'm like the many, many of the people listed have bean screwed, raped by ocwen and their fraudlent practices. Forced to pay reinstatement fee after they refused (5) of my money gram payments. Also denied loan modification. God help us allllll. Amen

• Mr
                        Mrknowitall Oct 18, 2011

If you would of paid your bill on time and in full, you wouldn't of had any problem. God help us all, all these deadbeats blame everyone but themselves. If you had to ask for a load modification, you are a deadbeat.

Ocwen Home Loan Serviceswrongful doing

I am writing in regards to a home loan that my husband and I have with ocwen home loan services, I am getting aharassement calls by ocwen, after I pay my home mortgage, they keep telling me that I am behind one month, it comes to find out that ocwen is back dating my payments for the previous month. I asked them numerous times to recieve the note to my house, I have never received it, they keep telling me that I have to pay $30 a page for the paper. What can I do about them, now they are telling me that I owe over $8000 for mortgage payments. They are crooked people I wrote a check to them and they tried to send it to my back for more than $10, 000. I wouldlike information on how I can start a lawsuit against ocwen or a class action suit. There are to many wrong doings that ocwen are doing to people and it needs to be stopped

• In
                          intheinstance Mar 18, 2015

Michael Petsche of AMP Title & Abstract is a fraudulent business, Michael Petsche is a conartist and thief who files cases against homeowners on behalf of other companies who have been known to commit fraud with Bennett Title & Abstract in Ballston Spa, New York, Michael Petsche of AMP Title & Abstract and Bennett Title are companies that use fraud to create phony titles and address to rip off New York Homeowners. Michael Petsche operates out of Latham, New York to commit all acts of fraud against properties throughout New York State. Michael Petsche is currently under investigation by several New York State Agencies. If you have or are about to do business with Michael Petsche convicted fellon or Stewart Title & Abstract Michael A. Attanasio fellons, rip off agents thief conartist company, do your research as they are just like the rest of the corrupt and fraudulent Stephen Baum Lawyer, banking at Adirondack Trust Company in Saratoga Springs New York Michael Petsche uses accounts to steal from his customers and his representations are false Michael Petsche works for Chicago Title Insurance Company Market Title Services, Fidelity National Title and Sneeringer Monahan Provost Ticor Title of Latham all are thiefs and use their business to steal from homeowners and are all under investigation for doing this in New York State, Check with the New York State Police and the Albany County Police as well as the FBI and Better Business Bureau regarding Michael Petsche AMP Title & Abstract working with convicted felon to rip off senior citizens from their property. http://www.ctic.com/, michael petsche http://www.smprtitle.com/ MICHAEL J. PETSCHE - (DV) Domestic ...
                          The listed litigant(s) were involved with a (DV) Domestic Violence (For Converted Cases) court case at the Hillsborough County Court in Tampa, Florida Michael Petsche AMP Title & Abstract is a https://opencourtrecords.org/case.php?id=3422470 as featured on Americas mugshots

• Ju
                          justiceforallofus Jan 16, 2015

People like Jillian Thrasher who work for Digital Risk www.digitalrisk.com are nothing but robo signers who create fraud out of the judicial system and she is known as a person who manufactures documents for attorneys around the country in an attempt to swindle people out of their homes. Jillian Thrasher of www.digitalrisk.com is a scam artist.
                          Jillian Thrasher is a document fraud con artist and should not be trusted.
                          Beware of digitalrisk and jillian thrasher as one of her minions.

Ocwenmortgage rip offs

We also have a loan with Ocwen, there should be someone out their that will help the little people, and the Obaha modafaction's need to be stop all these modafaction have done is hurt us not help us (it helps to know we aren't alone), Ocwen talked us into doing the first modacation, we can lower are payments and their was going to be no charges, no charges when I got the modafaction, my house went from 154000 to 162000, and as the thing was going though, they told us not to make payments, because you had to be behind to do, didn't make since, but did it, we where to let the house go, last year because things had gotten bad, and we were trying to sell it, hoping to break even or (ya right) make a little money, that didn't work, We had to let the payments go two months, trying to get it ready to rent it out, after the two months I sent a payment with a letter telling them, I would send and extra 250 and month to get caught back, heard nothing, so sent it the extra money with the payment, very odd, they kept the 250 and sent back my payment saying they could not take it and I had to do their program again, well yes fainally we got one and it was alful it lower our payment 50 and raise our house up to 178000, we decided just to let the house go with the market the way it is, we would never get out of this loan, well some came forward and beware of those companies, they work with people like Ocwen not you..all they did was make thing worse, still was told don't make any payments, and they will get me a better deal, better deal work with them for months, and then I got an offer from Ocwen, they knew nothing about it, and asked me to fax it to them I did, and I got a email saying congrad, they did it..well now my offer brought my house up the 1800000, my god what is Ocwen doing and what is Obama doing to stop this program he help put into play, any how we have some really good people in the house that do someday want to buy it, so we had to choose but the sign the agreement, but the had in the agreement after we pay the payment that total 180000, they also want a balloon payment no figure just a balloon payment, which I crossed off and intinaled, heard nothing back regarding my change..anyhow been making their payment four about four month now, and now for the month of sept they have raised my payment to 18000.00 for sept, where did that come from? still I can't get anyone, the only way to speak to somethere is if you let your loan got behing then you will get a phone call, but not someone you can understand or really speak too, and I think when they call you they are speaking from a paper because if you stop them they have to start, out think are house it a loss cause, because I don't think there really is some out their to help, but I hope someone will listen...It is funny because I only went on line to try and find a number to see if their is one to speak to someone, because I have tried 4 number that do not give me anyone, but could not believe all of this I have found regarding Ocwen, this is alful, someone needs to stop them, and let us keep our homes.

• Em
                            emiller12 Oct 05, 2012

If you are having problems with your mortgage servicing agent: 1) Do NOT negotiate over the phone 2. Send your request as a qualified written request under RESPA and make complaint to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the BBB, your local state Atty General or Dept of Finance as well as FTC for their debt collection practices. 2. If they call, note the time, date, and if they say they are recording the call, let them know you will as well on your smart phone. 3. Ask for everything in writing by certified mail. 4. Do NOT let them ACH your account, and send your payments via Western Union so it can be documented. 5. Keep calm, be polite, the people who work there may as mistreated as you are and more willing to help if you treat them kindly. If you have a Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac or HUD home, you can complain to those agencies as well.

Ocwen LLCfraudulent business

My mortage was sold to Ocwen about 4 years ago and all I can say is these people are horrible. My payment is due on the first with a grace period until the 16th before it's late. On the 2nd they were calling me telling me my payment was late. I let them know real quick that not only was it not late but they had better not call me again unless it was after the 16th of the month. That fixed that problem. Now on to the newest saga. I have no escrow with Ocwen but they decided to pay my taxes this year AFTER I had already paid them. Then they sent me a notice saying they were offering me a loan modification for the next five month to pay back the "escrow" they created for doing me a favor and paying the taxes. I called them and as others have stated, they are outsourced in India and all over the place outside the US. Anyway I told them that I was not going to agree to any loan modification and since they created this problem they could request a refund from the tax offices. I faxed them proof of the tax payments and talked to the same guy again afterward. He said he saw where I had faxed them and they had been logged in by their tax department and they would request a refund from the tax office and for me to call them back the following week and it would all be taken care of. The following week before calling them back after checking online to see if it was cleared up (it wasn't) I called the tax offices and was told no one from Ocwen had requested a refund. I then called Ocwen again, and amazingly..got the same guy again. I went over the previous conversation (which he actually saw notes on the account on) and again he said they were expediting it for the the refund and he said it had been requested, I let him know I had already called the tax offices and they let me know they had not requested. I told him that I was making my scheduled mortgage payment and not one penny more and they had better not charge me late charges or report any negativity on my credit. This was the beginning of many conversations. Today I called them again for the 4th or 5th time after checking my account with them and seeing that they showed my mortgage payment as current however are trying to charge me a late charge on the tax escrow they show. The guy I spoke with today (Mohamad) told me three different stories about the taxes, they requested the refund from the tax offices, I was going to send them tax payments when I recieved the refund from the tax offices and last but not least ... Ocwen had received the refund and would be sending me a check for the overpayment !!! At this point I told Mohamad that what he was saying made absolutely no sense and he needed to stop talking and listen to me from that point on. I then told him that I had requested the refunds from the tax offices because Ocwen was not doing their job and all they were capable of doing was telling lies. That when I receive the refund check from the tax office then and only then, I will send them the money for the so called tax escrow they created. I then told him to take late charge they charged me off the account because I was not going to pay late charges on their screw up. He started to tell me I could write a letter and request they take it off after the tax escrow was straight. I told him I was not going to request anything because they were the one that created this problem and they needed to fix it and if they turned one thing in against my credit or charged me any more late charges or even thought about mentioning the word forclosure they would be talking to my lawyer and informed him the conversation was over.

They have sent me two different so called "loan modification" which require my signature to put into place. I have not signed any of them nor do I intend to. I know there is a clause in the law that I can request a contract between them and myself " WITH" my signature on it and if they can't produce it they don't have a leg to stand on in any leagal battle. Ocwen can not produce any contract between my self and them with MY signature on it!

These people are complete crooks and something needs to be done about them and their business practices or lack there of. The sad part is that these ### get away with taking peoples houses away in illegal forclosures.
                          Stay as far away from these vultures as you can!!

If there is a class action law suit out there I want to be involved in it so please contack me with the information.

Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLCnot dumb... just stealing your money no matter what they have to do!

Obama: force this company to bring its work back to the united states! Give americans the right to be better than this. Better yet... Investigate the heck out of them... They're not only stealing our jobs and money, they're trying to make you and every american their personal toilet.

Set the record straight! I had received a large check and decided to pay some bills off. Did what was necessary and had $25, 000 to throw toward my mortgage being collected by ocwen loan servicing, llc, in west palm beach, fl, so I sent that on the 14th of june, (In ocwen's envelope) 6 days prior to its due date and the normal date of mailing for that payment.

As I found out much later, that $25, 000 check was received on the 17th of june (Just up the road a bit) , but nothing was done with it because it was about $24, 460 over the normal payment... I was still considered late according to the internet and am today, almost a month later, still trying to collect extra fees. These have supposedly been waived, but we'll see the next time I have to tell the whole story to someone who doesn't speak english.

By the 24th, no posting had been made to the internet record and this was now 4 days later than the payment should have been posted, so I called. As ocwen customer service is outsourced (Thereby leaving u. S. Citizens without employment) , the citizens from india were more than hard to understand, but I finally found out some things after demanding a supervisor (Also outsourced).

The supervisor stated that no check had been received, but that I would not be considered late if I mailed a payment in. I finally convinced him that $25, 000 is what I intended to pay, so it was done by phone transaction in the amount of $25, 000 by the supervisor in india. He told me to be sure to put a stop pay on the check that "no one could find" and gave me a confirmation for the phone transaction, assuring me that he'd e-mail the department that lost my check, telling them to not deposit it and return it to me as payment had been made with him. I agreed to put a stop pay on the "lost" check and paid my bank for that stop pay.

The next work day I got a call from ocwen (On the 27th... Another supervisor) stating that I had overpaid, the loan was paid off, the satisfaction of mortgage was being mailed that day for recording with my county and I would be receiving the excess, in the amount of $6, 000 to $7, 000 with the recorded satisfaction of mortgage after recording near the end of the month.

This is because they did have my check, tried to deposit it... And the telephone transaction (But no one knew what the other was doing, obviously). Both equaled $50, 000 and if that were true, I would have overpaid. They had to order a payoff statement from their own company to find out that I had overpaid, then blamed me for having ordered a payoff statement.

Now they want me to pay fees as well for the stopped check and are doing everything they can to slow the process for me to find out what any still due principal is so I can get the rest of it paid off and get them out of my hair. A lot of argument and people that do not understand english, nor respect the intelligence of the general public is obvious here. We should not let them get away with these tactics.

I've worked in real estate law for 40 years and know that every day they hold your mortgage, more of that high interest rate is earned and is intended gain.

Do not!!! Look to this company for financing help.In order to figure out what they're doing you'll need a juris doctorate degree and still they play head games, play dumb and wind you as tight as you'll go.

They act like they don't know what to do even with a large payment (As well as a late or "no" payment) and let the fees stack up on you until you tear them down one by one and that is only if you keep an accurate record of your calls, who you spoke with, payments and actions.

On july 9, I requested payoff information because i'm really sick of this. I was assured the information I received would be less the stop pay check fee... Less the late??? Fee and the accurate principal balance due. What did I receive??? A payoff quote that didn't even include the fact that $25, 000 had been paid... The fees were still on it.

Another two hours on the phone and the new customer service person said that yes, the $25, 000 had been applied to june's payment, july's payment, but still wanted me to pay the late fee for june (They had my check three days early... And another payment to replace it 3 days after with a stop pay on the first.

Believe me... They aren't worth any of it. This outsourcing and allowing trompling all over americans, whether able to pay or not, is what is wrong with our economy. Not rocket science.

Ocwen Helper Aug 04, 2011

Ocwen personel is poorly paid and poorer paid, so they don't know and they don't care. As simple as that. Mortgage industry is not rocket science, I agree, but it's simply Maths. The info is there, specially if you have username and password to their website.
                                Should you need any more specific assistance with any mortgage inquiries, please don't hesitate to submit your case to [email protected], and we'll gladly review it to find a potential solution.

Ocwen / Citi National Bankmortgage

My mortgage was with ocwen for a few years, then we had to file for a chapter 13 and they were included in this bankruptcy. Four months after the chapter 13 was discharged ocwen transferred it to a citi national bank in west virginia. It was transferred directly to the collections department at citi national bank. We were informed that it was be transferred to the new bank, but were informed that it was in collections. We received no information from ocwen or citi national on the status of our mortgage. I have had nothing but trouble with this transfer to citi national. I can't get my house refinanced because of the ocwen/citi national transfer and i'm paying way to much in interest and for what I owe on my house. I think ocwen did something to my mortgage before that transferred it to citi national. Be careful if ocwen sends you a letter telling you that they are going to transfer you loan!!!

• Ka
                                  Kathryn Milton Feb 13, 2012

The attorney used by ocwen purchaed my house through foreclosure then sold to altisource. They told me not to send any money in until my restructuring was approved. Told me that twice. Then I find out it is up for auction. When I called their atty to ask if they could give me two more weeks to move out. The person I spoke with said she woudl check and when she clled me bakc. siad NO! then I find their name on the property as the owner.

Ocwen Helper Aug 04, 2011

Ocwen's biggest failure is in efficiently communicating with customers. I was a Supervisor with them and now run my own business against them, helping homeowners the way they should.

• Nc
                                  ncfirefighter46 Jul 03, 2011

be ready they will foreclose on you and leave you homeless i know been there and it happen to a friend of ours too, they will will say you are behind when bankruptcy is over then tack on charges then rfuse payment then foreclose on you and there is nothing you can do about it for you can not file bankruptcy again that soon after discharge, they will take your home, just dont be caught off guard like we where.

Ocwen Loansbad customer serviece, bad credit reporting, refuse to sign insurance claim to fix roof

1) Ocwen withdrew money on autopay, and then reported account delinquent for months. Damaged credit, started collection behaviors. Obnoxious and expensive.
                                2) Ocwen reported account delinquent, yet simultaneously reported never late. Denied making the report to credit agencies. Refused to fix. When complaint made to credit agencies, they claimed they were reporting correctly, so credit agency would not do anything. Took 2 1/2 years and multiple credit report consumer statements on all 6 of our 2 individual credit reports to get the word delinquent removed. Doing business with Ocwen cost us over 250 points on our credit scores; without ever missing a payment. We now have credit scores below people with bankruptcies. This in turn has caused all of our credit lines to be truncated, all of our insurance rates to be jacked up, and all of our variable rate credit cards to have massive increases in our interest rates. Even the fixed rate cards have had huge rate increases. Currently initiating lawsuit for the $30, 000 in excess interest and insurance costs thus far.
                                3) Ocwen refers you to a different department every time you call. They waste hours of your time, and refuse to ever acknowledge anything they say with a written or faxed answer. Several times, I have caught them in direct lies.
                                Wasting your time until you give up seems to be the main purpose. Faxes go to the bit bucket.
                                4) Ocwen refuses to acknowledge that the property is owned by an LLC. Consequently, they will not sign the insurance check to fix the roof. I am definitely not stupid enough to fix the roof without them signing first. Currently initiating a lawsuit to make them pay for the roof.
                                5) I cannot refinance the building because I have bad credit because Ocwen lied to the credit agencies. See #2.
                                6) I cannot sell the building because it is upside down. Ocwen has promised to go after me personally after short sales.
                                7) Ocwen is reported on the web to have worked out a sweet heart deal with federal regulators to be reimbursed by the taxpayers for more than their losses if they screw someone out of building so bad that they have to do a short sale. Is all the above intentional?
                                8) Do not ever complete a loan with Ocwen. If they buy your loan, offer them a deal: either they immediately sell your loan again, or you will never pay them a dime. You will have less damage to your credit by a foreclosure than by doing business with Ocwen.

Ocwenhorrible company

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I agree with the other person when you have been behind in your payments they will not accept anything but the full amount. They are not willing to work with you on a payment plan or anything regardless of your situtation. Now they are charging me 102.00$ for a home valuation (Whatever that is) and when I ask what it is and for proof that it was even done, they refuse to show it to me. I am not going to pay for anything that you can show me proof of. That to me is just adding on fees to get extra money. This company would rather have the house forclose than to work with you which in turn will not benefit them at all. I can never get someone in the united states who can actually understand and answer my questions. Our mortgage loan industry is horrible.. They sell loans to these crazy not up to standard companys and the us comsumer is paying the price. I am at the point of willing to let my house go just to get away from this company and not let them make anymore money off me.

• Nc
                                      ncfirefighter46 Jul 03, 2011

feel your pain they done it to us and friends of mine took our home and left us homeless just be prepaired to leave they will take it.

Ocwen — thieves

Briefly, my issues started when I wrote out a check for my house payment and they cashed it for a lesser...