NTBprice goughing

T

Late on a Sunday, we discovered my son's Honda Accord has a leaking heater hose. My child drives the car to school and needed it Monday. I was at work, so my wife and son take the car in to NTB. She was informed the repair would be $60 for the hose and $175 for labor. It would be a two hour job. She told them to start the job and called me. I told her the part costs $16 and the labor should be around $50 maximum, and to stop the repair. She told the manager. The car had been there 10 minutes. He told her they would stop, but already had the old hose off. If the repair takes 2 hours, and they put the old hose back on, wouldn't this be a 30 minute job? I had the car repaired at AAMCO for $75. Nothing more than a price goughing case of a woman in a desperate situation. I have used them before, but will never drop another dime in their business.

• Da
    DANGER TO MY KIDS Mar 27, 2012

I live in Montgomeryville, PA
    I took my car to NTB in Montgomeryville. They said I needed an transpan gasket to stop the transmission fluid from leaking. I was there to check my brakes but one of my tires was bad so I replaced the tires. Normally I would not let anyone do anything to my cars unless it was my mechanic, but hell it was already there. The work that was done caused more leakage and NTB gave me back my car without telling me. My mechanic noticed all the leaking when he was checking my brakes again. He said if I had driven it for a longer time the car would have caught on fire because of the leaking. I called NTB and the manager told me he would give me a $100 credit for new work. He must be nuts. Now my mechanic has to redo the work. I have gone to my Congressman because i ride my kids in that car to school every morning. Stay away from NTB. This is the worst experience I have ever had at any place of business.