NTB / National Tire & Battery — road hazard warranty
A year ago I purchased 4 Michelin tires (60, 000 miles warranty) at NTB along with their Road Hazard Warranty at a car mileage of 108109. Recently, one of the tires got damaged on the road and required a replacement. The technician told me that there was 6/32 tire depth left on the tire, and that the new tire is at 10/32 and it is considered worn out at 3/32. So, going by these numbers, the tire is still at 3/7th of its useful life, or 43%. If we go by the mileage, I got the new tires at 108109 miles, and came to replace the tire 120604 miles, so it only went for 12, 495 miles, or 21% of its 60, 000 miles warranty, which leaves it with 79% of its warranty life left.
However, I was given credit $35.14 for the tire with the original price of $122.99, or 29%. It seems to be that I should have been credited 79% or 43% and not 29%. However, this is how their program calculated the credit, which makes me think that this is a systematic problem with their Road Hazard Warranty product.
More NTB / National Tire & Battery Complaints & Reviews
- NTB - tires and alignment program is a ripoff 
- NTB - company not good to work for 
- National Tire and Battery - they caused my accident 
- NTB - ruined my car! 
- National Tire and Battery - ntb credit card 
- NTB / National Tire & Battery - left front driver tire replacement
- NTB / National Tire & Battery - customer service/oil change 
- NTB / National Tire & Battery - new tires
- NTB / National Tire & Battery - replacement tire
- National Tire and Battery - beware of these folks and avoid at all costs