Northland Group Inc.Fraud and harassment!

I received this letter: Assest Acceptance Lic, the creditor of your account has assigned the above referenced account to Northland Group, Inc. for collection. ..Unless you notify this office within 30 days after receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of this debt or any portion thereof, this office will obtain verification of the debt or obtain a copy of judgment... I have the copy of the settlement which I paid 40-50 cents of the dollar. I had better not find them on my credit report or I am going as high as I can to file a civil suit against these con-artists. The madness they have caused me, the harassment and fear they tried to instill in me has propelled me into writing to the BBB and anyone who will listen.

• Ke
    kellezworld Jan 22, 2011

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Ke
    kellezworld Jan 22, 2011

I too recieved a notice from Northland Group Inc stating I owe a 2741.94 an they will settle for 411.30. I do not owe this money it was paid to a different company a few years ago and when I called them to tell them the F** on the phone said " prove it" . Something has to be done about this, but what? Does any one have advice on where to start?

• Ih
    ihate.scam.artists Jan 22, 2011

My letter was from Northland Group also, saying their client is Asset Acceptance - I will admit this debt was mine, but its been over 7 years and its no longer on my credit report. What sent up the red flag was when they called I told the woman I dont owe this, its been charged off and its not even on my credit anymore. She said "well I suggest you look at your credit report and get back to us to pay this". So I did, again, and its still not there!! There are no "collections" or "negative" reports on my credit. So Im not giving them a dime. Plus - its against the law for collection agencies to tack on fees or additional charges to your original debt, per the Federal Trade Commission (unless the original contract of your debt says its allowed). I dont know much about my original contract but it was originally like 1, 000 dollars and now their saying its 4, 000!!! They say theyll settle it for 2, 022.78 - I say go pound tar.

• Je
    Jess1989 Feb 13, 2010

They did the something to me for an old capitol one bill and i set up payments and they never took my payment out of my bank i was like What The Hell is going on. So i don't really know how to pay my capitol one card off but these people are scammers.

• Dc
    D Christenson Aug 01, 2009

I just received a notice from Northland Group offering a "settlement" of $186.74 for a claimed debt of $565.87 to CitiBank. I have never delt with CitiBank. All three of my credit reports fail to show any CitiBank account, either by name or account number. The latest report by TransUnion shows an "account review inquiry" by Northland Group in July 2009. I think these guys are just fishing for suckers.

• Ro
    Robert Jun 16, 2008

Again.. Excuse me for useing that language, but... I caught them trying to scam me...: Northland Group Inc. Go under search and read about it..

• Ro
    Robert Jun 16, 2008

Ahhhh... Same thing there doing to me. I got a letter ( again ) saying I owed $848.65.. but, they would settle for $424.33. FOR WHAT? I'm on Disability. I don't go to gross web-sites. I go to read about things... Monuments, Towns... But, they woun't tell me what it's for... Sorry for being blunt, but, I told the guy on the phone to go " F " himself ( excuse me ) and just hung up.