Northern Leasing Systems Logo

Northern Leasing Systems

Having problems with Northern Leasing Systems?

+1 800 683 5433 (General Information)
+1 866 781 0440 (Lease Documents)
+1 888 607 3607 (Collections)
333 7th Avenue, 3rd floor
New York, New York
Mailing Address
419 East Main Street, Suite 102, Middletown, NY 10940

New Jersey
525 Washington Blvd, 15th Floor, Jersey City, NJ 07310

Complaints & Reviews

Bad service

I'm another "victim" of the Northern Leasing fraud. I recognize that I signed a 4-year lease and I...

did not sign with northern leasing

Somehow Northern Leasing along with Global Pay changed my merchant services provider from CynergyData to Northern Leasing and Global Pay. I did not catch this for a couple of months. I did not sign any contracts with either company - how did they get this done? I am going to have CynergyData change my credit card machine back to the customer number I have with them. If this does not work I will try changing my bank account number. Any other suggestions if these fail. From what I am seeing on the web this company needs to be put out of business (if you call this business) permanently. Isn't there someone somewhere who can help us?

Jason S Aug 20, 2009

We too are going through a similar issue with this Cynergy Data. A lady by the name of Christine was managing our cancilation.

To get you all up to speed with our situation. We originally signed up with SmartPayment Solutions in October of 2008 and in the begining everything was fine until we started to notice extra charges being run through our connected bank of america account. We were using SmartPayment to process our ACH transactions and a company called EquityCommerce (Another scam company) was processing the credit card transactions. When we went to confront SmartPayment about the issue they were friendly and tried there best to resolve the issue and they even gave us the contact information for the Credit card proccesor ( Equity Commerce ). So we contact Equity Commerce and they told us that we didn't even have an account with them. I was furious and thought that it was Smart Payment Solutions who was at fault. Come to find out it was Equity Commerce who made the error. Equity Commerce moved our account to CyneryData with us even knowing they stated because it was hi risk.

We contacted CynergyData to close the account and get all remaining credits released from the account. The main issue was that we processed a card for 2, 000 dollars through a virtual terminal in January 09 ( over eight months ago) they stated that because the site was not live we could not get access to the money because of risk of charge backs. Well i contacted Visa which was the card type of the 2, 000 transaction and they have a limit of 120 days before anyone can report a fraudulent transaction we were well over that time limit. Till this this day they are giving me the run around and not canceling the account. I faxed in a letter with the information they required on it for cancelation but then they said that my signature was not on the original contract so they could not process it. They also lied and said that they left several messages for me to inform me with that news but I never received any calls from them. Up until the date of this letter they still are holding my funds and collecting interest on it on there end. The funds are probably in a high interest bearing account that they own.

Guys do not use CynergyData ( Cynergy Data) www-cynergydata.com they are scams!!!

Also Equity Commerce is an affiliate to CynergyData as well as Solveras Payment Solutions - www.solveras.com and they use CynergyData as their credit card processor. We are now going back to Authorize.net where we have our other gateway accounts setup under. I am so upset that we had to learn the hard way but I am writing this to warn others of these horrible companies.

• Ki
    killyoself Mar 31, 2010

uh, ###, the guy is saying he wants to go back to cynergy data. GLOBAL PAY is the company screwing him.

say what you will about northern leasing, but in the end, they're the largest leasing company in america.

cynergy data is a class act.

do you realize how many companies will give you rates 2% higher than they should be and then never answer their phones? do $80 dollar leases for 5 years when it should be 35? ive seen it all.

you ran a 2, 000 dollar transaction on a non live site? what?

why is it being held? they dont just hold money for no reason.

sounds like you dont have your facts straight (and can't read)

• Ki
    killyoself Mar 31, 2010

also, DO NOT CLOSE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT

a lease is a lease, you cant get out of it. closing your bank account will only screw you over in the long run. it wont go away.

just pay it!

identity theft!

Northern Leasing filed a Judgment against my company and me personally on some debt supposedly my company ha...

credit card terminal fraud

scam and cheating!

My story is much the same as the rest. I owned a small store and one day a representative from Neos Merchant...

Unauthorized charges!

In 2001 I signed up to be able to process credit cards with a company called NPC. My Spokane representative...

do not do business with this company!

In 2001 I leased a credit card terminal from Northern Leasing Systems. They never sent anyone out to program...

northern leasing systems ripoff, dishonest, fraudulent business practices, harrassment...

Believe it or not, I just got served by this rip-off loser of a company. We sent back their equipment after they failed to provide a copy of the lease after repeated requests, when they finally sent one, it was someone elses lease! My husband sent back their sub standard equipment with return request receipt. He also called them several times after asking for a letter stating that they received the equpiment; they refused. We have our USPS poof of receipt by them.

The critical point is that they specifically told me that it was not a long term commitment and the lease was based on a month to month basis and as long as I had their equipment. The lease stops upon the return of the equipment.

They added the number 48 to the lease document afterward without your knowledge and permission. The paper and receipt of payment that I have does not indicate 48 months lease commitment.

The other papers that they are presenting were forged by adding the number 48 after I have signed it without my knowledge or permission and only learned about it over a year later when I asked to return the equipment and terminate the lease.

At the time of the papers signing there was a lease agreement that was written in a very small print that is impossible to read and it did not have the number 48 in it when you signed it.

When I asked to have copies of all papers I signed, they gave you only one paper that included the receipt of first payment.

They sent me copy that I recognized as a forged document as I remembered that I specifically insisted on lease as long as I use the equipment and the lease will terminate upon sending the equipment back and they confirmed that by showing me that the document does not include any long term lease beyond the period in which I still have their equipment.

The lease agreement presented to the court as exhibit A IS NOT the same document that I signed. IT is an enlarged photocopy version and I have never seen it before.

I am instructing the court to ask for the original documents (not photocopies) and it might be easier to see that the number 48 was added later, after you signed the document.

Tamra
Austin, Texas

• Cl
    claire Nov 08, 2006

Northern Leasing Systems has scammed me again. The first time i settled and paid because they got a judgement that went on my redit right wen i was buying a home, so i had to pay it. now 3 years later they have cut and pasted my signature on another contract and are trying the same thing again. i need some help getiing this company off my back.
    claire

• Br
    Brenda Dec 20, 2007

Hi, Sorry about that you are having troubles with Northern Leasing. I am to after 7 years later. I have file a civil suit against them in the US district court in sacramento, Ca. I have created a web site http://northernleasingsystem.net Can you let others no about this site. I thank you Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

• Pe
    pedromurray Mar 29, 2009

i am four months into the harassment from northern leasing.the equipment i received was to be on a thirty day trial, if i was not happy the salesman would take out the terminal no strings attached.poof the salesman disappears and next thing i am getting bills from northern leasing and they are withdrawing money from our business account.the terminal never worked properly and i have copies of unsigned contracts, but northern leasing could care less, they just keep demanding money and threatening my credit.
    i have since hired a lawyer and changed my business account, but it seems as if all i did was anger them, because they then started barraging my business and home with phonecalls.they are rude and unwilling to listen, they just wave the contract over my head, a contract that is not fully filled out.
    why do they get away with this, and how do we go about stopping them?the state of new york does not seem to care, and have been unwilling to help me out or even point me in the proper direction.so much for looking out for the little guy.

• Wv
    wvdeedoo Aug 13, 2010

We too hve been harrassed by Ruben Garcia in legal for Northern Leasing. Their rep also promised wonderful things 2 weeks in and I cancelled because we were not receiving the services requested. We returned to our former processing company. Northern Leasing sent me a copy of the contract and to my astonishment the contract was not signed by anyone in our company.
    We provided copies of signature as requested. We eventually sent 30 individual copies as they continued to say we had no provided the signatures. We even had sent the original registered and they told us the person signing was in the NY office and they were elsewhere.
    They have attempted to deduct the amount of $9920.00 without our knowledge. Ruben now threatens that when my father sells his house they are going to collect what is owed to them and the fact that the contract was signed fradulently is inmaterial we had the equipement which we had sent back and now they are sending it back to us.
    I guess now I will have to contact my attorney. As for Mr Garcia's phone edicate he needs to go bak to school. Screaming and threatening me over the phone and hang ups and referrals to being and idiot surely is not in the company handbook.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices