Menu

complaints

Northbound Gear Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
20 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Northbound Gear at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Northbound Gear has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Northbound Gear. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Northbound Gear complaints 20

Sort by:

Newest Northbound Gear complaints

V
6:10 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Northbound Gear Disappointing Quality and Delivery: Northbound Gear Jacket Review

Took ages to get my hands on my Northbound Gear jacket. I was expecting it to arrive sooner, but it turns out that the delivery comes all the way from Canada. It would have been nice to know that before I ordered. And if I want to return it, I have to pay for shipping all the way back to Canada. That's a bit of a bummer.

When I finally got my jacket, I was disappointed with the quality. The stitching was loose in some places, and the hood was way too small. I couldn't even fit my head in it comfortably. The side pockets were also too small, and I couldn't get my hands in them. And the arms were too tight, even though I ordered a size up based on the reviews.

The only good thing about the jacket is the material. It feels nice and soft, but that's about it. If I had the money to spare, I would definitely send it back.

I also ordered a hat from Northbound Gear, which was okay. But it didn't come with any washing instructions, which is a bit weird. Here in the UK, we expect clothing items to have washing details and information about where they were made.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend Northbound Gear. The delivery takes too long, the quality is not great, and the return policy is a hassle.

4:13 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Northbound Gear Northbound Gear: Mixed Reviews and Controversy Surrounding Outdoor Gear Retailer

Northbound Gear, an online retailer that specializes in outdoor gear, has been the subject of some criticism. While their website may appear to be legitimate and well-designed, some customers have expressed concerns about their pricing and product quality. It has been alleged that Northbound Gear sources their products from cheaper suppliers, such as Alibaba, and then sells them at a markup to unsuspecting consumers. Additionally, there have been accusations of dishonesty on the part of Northbound Gear's customer service team, with customers claiming that they were not forthcoming about the origins of their products.

Despite these criticisms, some customers have had positive experiences with Northbound Gear. They appreciate the company's commitment to empowering local communities, and have found their products to be of high quality. In particular, the Gash Hao snowpant has been singled out as a standout product, with many customers praising its durability and functionality.

However, it is important for potential customers to do their research before making a purchase from Northbound Gear. While the company's website may appear professional, it is always wise to check prices on other sites before making a purchase. Additionally, if you have concerns about a particular product, it may be worth reaching out to the company's customer service team to ask questions and get more information. At the end of the day, it is up to each individual to decide whether or not Northbound Gear is the right company to meet their needs.

2:59 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Northbound Gear Disappointing Experience with Northbound Gear: High Exchange Costs and Lack of Customer Service

I recently bought a pair of pants from Northbound Gear for myself and my spouse. I was pretty happy with my purchase, but unfortunately, I ordered the wrong size for my spouse. When I tried to exchange the pants for a different size, I found out that I had to send them back to Canada via USPS. The cost to send them back was a whopping $57, which was almost as much as the pants themselves! I was pretty disappointed with this, as I didn't want to spend that much money just to exchange the pants.

I decided to reach out to Northbound Gear via email to see if there was anything they could do to help me out. Unfortunately, I never received a response from them, even though I kept getting emails from their sales department. I was pretty frustrated with this, as I felt like I was being ignored.

In the end, I decided to look around online to see if I could find the same pants for a better price. To my surprise, I found them for less than $50! I was pretty shocked that I had paid so much more for the same pants on Northbound Gear's website. I felt like I had been scammed, and I was pretty disappointed with my experience overall.

Overall, I would say that my experience with Northbound Gear was pretty disappointing. While I was happy with the pants I received, the process of exchanging them was a nightmare. The fact that I had to spend so much money just to exchange them was pretty frustrating, and the fact that I never received a response from the company made me feel like they didn't care about my business. If you're thinking about buying from Northbound Gear, I would recommend looking around to see if you can find a better deal elsewhere.

Hide full review

Is Northbound Gear legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's review suggests Northbound Gear is mostly legit with an 74% trust score, signaling it's safe for transactions. Yet, with a resolve complaints rating below 0% caution is advised. Before engaging with Northbound Gear, reviewing user feedback and how Northbound Gear addresses complaints can provide deeper insights. Always protect personal and financial information when interacting online, especially with Northbound Gear. Trust, but verify.

Northbound Gear earns 74% level of Trustworthiness

High Trust Suggestion: Northbound Gear evaluated with 74% trust by Complaints Board. Safe for use, yet remain cautious with personal data.

Northbound Gear has received 2 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Northboundgear.co has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Northbound Gear website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Several positive reviews for Northbound Gear have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

Northboundgear.co appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Northbound Gear's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. The support team lacks customer service skills, training, and resources, resulting in only 0% of 16 complaints being resolved.
  • Northbound Gear protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • The website belonging to Northbound Gear has a low number of visitors, which could be a red flag for users. However, it's important to conduct additional research to fully evaluate the website's legitimacy and trustworthiness.
  • The website associated with Northbound Gear sells gift cards, but it's important to be cautious when making a purchase. Verify the gift card's value and expiration date, check for customer service contact information, and use a trusted payment method.
  • We have detected an internal review system on Northbound Gear's website, which can be a positive feature for customers looking to make informed decisions about the company's offerings. However, we recommend that you take the time to research the reviews and verify their authenticity before trusting them entirely
  • Northbound Gear has been identified as a website that sells popular products that scammers often use to take advantage of unsuspecting customers. We recommend exercising caution and thoroughly researching the legitimacy of the website before making a purchase.
  • Northbound Gear offering cryptocurrency services, it is important to be aware of the potential risks involved. Cryptocurrency transactions can be anonymous and irreversible, making them a prime target for scammers and fraudsters.
R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Northbound Gear Disorganized and Confusing: My Experience with Northbound Gear's Customer Service

So, I recently got my package from Northbound Gear and it was a bit of a letdown. The size was too small for me, so I decided to send an email to the customer service team. They asked me to send it back and pay for the shipping, which was a bit of a hassle, but I did it anyway. Then, I realized that I had to explain in my return whether I wanted a refund or an exchange. I was a bit confused because I thought I had already explained all of this in my return request. I mean, come on, don't they have computers to keep track of these things?

Anyway, I received multiple emails approving my return of purchase, but the information was scattered throughout. It would have been much simpler if they had put all the necessary information on one page and asked me to print it out and attach it to the package. Instead, I had to go downtown and pay over $20 for shipping and tracking just to make sure it arrived safely.

To make matters worse, I received another email asking if I had received my package. I wasn't sure if it was my original package or my replacement package. This pretty much sums up my experience with Northbound Gear. It's a bit disorganized and confusing, but I guess they eventually get the job done.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Northbound Gear Disappointing Shipping Experience with Northbound Gear: Slow Boat from China and Misleading Claims

I ordered a pair of pants from Northbound Gear on January 30th. It's now March 3rd and I still haven't received them. I was hoping to get them sooner, but they were sent on a slow boat from China. I understand that shipping can take some time, but I think if you sell higher-end items, you should keep some in stock in the US. Otherwise, it's saving money at the consumer's expense.

I was also a bit disappointed to find out that their products are shipped from China, not India. Their website talks about supporting Indian farmers and contributing to that worthy cause. However, if their products are made in China, it seems a bit misleading. I hope they can clarify this in the future.

I can't speak to the quality of their products yet since I haven't received them. However, I'm hoping they're worth the wait. I'm excited to try them out and see how they perform. So far, their order performance gets an "F" from me. I hope they can improve their shipping times in the future.

S

Northbound Gear Terrible Return Process: My Experience with Northbound Gear

I gotta say, I've never been one to leave a bad review, but I just had to let y'all know about my experience with Northbound Gear. So, I ordered two pairs of pants from them, but as soon as I got 'em, I could tell they weren't gonna work out. The material was kinda scratchy and the fit just wasn't right for me. So, I tried reaching out to 'em to see how I could get a refund, but I didn't hear back from 'em for a while. After a few tries, I finally got an email from 'em sayin' that I had to wait to see if they'd "approve" my return. Then, after a few more days, they told me I had to pay for the shipping myself all the way to Canada and then they were gonna charge me a $5 fee! Like, seriously? That's not how you treat a customer. I'm not gonna be buyin' anything from Northbound Gear again after that terrible return process.

N
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Northbound Gear Disappointing Fit and Return Policy: My Experience with Northbound Gear's Explorer Pants

I recently purchased a pair of Explorer summer men's pants from Northbound Gear. I usually wear a size 34 waist and 32 leg, so I ordered the same size. The waist fit fine, thanks to the elastic band, but I was disappointed to find that the crotch was abnormally long. This resulted in a drooping effect, making the pants fit baggier in the front and longer than normal in length.

I reached out to Northbound Gear to inquire about a return, but was informed that I would have to pay for return shipping if the item was not defective. After several discussions, the manufacturer determined that the pants were not defective, so I was left with the option of paying $21 plus tax for return postage, in addition to a $5 fee for the return. This made the return hardly cost effective, so I decided to keep the pants and take the loss of $100.

If you prefer high-riding pants or have a leg length of at least 33 inches, these pants might work for you. However, if you're looking for a better fit, I would recommend choosing a different design and clothing supplier. Overall, I was disappointed with my experience with Northbound Gear and would not recommend them to others.

K
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Northbound Gear Review: Northbound Gear Hoodie - Sustainable and Nice, but Check Sizing Recommendations!

The hoodie I ordered from Northbound Gear was really nice, but I wish I had gotten a size larger. When I talked to them because it had arrived and the package was not sealed, I was worried that the other item I ordered was lost. However, they assured me that it was not lost and that the package was not sealed because of a postal problem. They also mentioned that they recommend a size larger as their clothing is European, which I wish I had known before ordering. My medium was actually a small, which was a bit disappointing. Unfortunately, I had taken the tag off in my excitement in getting it, so I could not return it.

Despite the sizing issue, I really appreciate that Northbound Gear is trying to become a sustainable company. It's important to support businesses that are making an effort to reduce their environmental impact. The hoodie and the pants I ordered seem like good quality, so I'm happy with my purchase overall.

The only thing that was a bit frustrating was that the items took a while to arrive and arrived in separate packages. However, Northbound Gear communicated with me about this, so I knew what to expect. When the first package arrived and was not sealed, I was a bit worried, but it seems like it was just a postal problem.

Overall, I would recommend Northbound Gear to others who are looking for sustainable clothing options. Just make sure to double-check the sizing recommendations before ordering!

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Northbound Gear Mixed Experience with Northbound Gear: Delayed Shipping and Lack of Communication

I gotta say, I had a bit of a mixed experience with Northbound Gear. I put in my order right before Christmas, on December 21st. I was pretty excited to get my hands on some new pants for the winter, but things didn't quite go as planned. I didn't get a shipping notification until January 2nd, which was a bit of a bummer. But hey, it was the holidays, so I figured they were just swamped with orders.

The real trouble started when I didn't get my pants until January 19th. That's a pretty long time to wait, especially when you're excited about a new purchase. And to make matters worse, I tried emailing Northbound Gear a few times to ask about the shipping status, but I never got a response. That was pretty frustrating, to be honest. I mean, I get that they were probably busy, but a quick email would have gone a long way to ease my mind.

Anyway, when the pants finally did arrive, I was pretty happy with them. The construction seems solid, and I think they'll hold up well in the winter weather. There was one small issue with the front button hole, which wasn't trimmed properly, but I'm handy with a needle so I was able to fix it myself. And I have to say, the elastic on the sides is a really nice touch. It makes the pants super comfortable to wear, and I appreciate that.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my purchase from Northbound Gear. The sizing chart seems to be accurate, which is a relief because I really didn't want to deal with exchanging them. And while the shipping process was a bit of a headache, I'm glad I stuck it out and got my pants in the end. I'll definitely be putting them through their paces this winter, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they hold up.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Northbound Gear Disappointing Experience with Northbound Gear: Proceed with Caution

I recently had an experience with Northbound Gear that unfortunately left me very disappointed. First and foremost, it's worth noting that this company doesn't keep inventory on hand. Instead, once you place an order, they then turn around and place it with their supplier in China. While I understand that this can sometimes be an effective way to keep costs low and streamline operations, it definitely came with some drawbacks in my case.

After placing an order on November 29th, 2021, I found myself waiting and waiting for my package to arrive. Whenever I reached out to customer service for an update, all I ever received was a generic, copy-and-pasted response that offered no real help or insight. This lack of communication was incredibly frustrating, especially given the length of time I had already been waiting.

As it turned out, my order had actually made it to the US, as evidenced by the shipping label that had been created for it. However, for some reason, the package seemed to be stuck at customs and simply wasn't moving. I began to doubt whether I would ever actually receive my items.

One thing that certainly didn't help my confidence in Northbound Gear was when I discovered that the so-called "warehouse" address provided on the website belonged to a UPS store. This seemed fishy to me, and made me wonder whether this was really as legitimate a business as it claimed to be.

Finally, almost three months after I had placed my order, my package arrived. Unfortunately, it wasn't even the correct product, which was beyond frustrating. I reached out to customer service again, but once again received no real help - just more copy-and-pasted messages about how they were "talking to the carrier" (even though the package had been sitting in the US for weeks at this point).

All in all, my experience with Northbound Gear was incredibly frustrating and disappointing. I can't speak for others, but based on my experience, I would advise anyone considering buying from them to proceed with caution.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Northbound Gear Review: The Reliable and Functional Northbound Gear 50L Cargo Bag

If you are searching for a reliable and functional cargo bag, look no further than Northbound Gear! The Northbound Gear 50L Cargo Bag is a fantastic selection that boasts superior quality and practicality. You'll surely love how easy it is to pack and organize your gear because of its cavernous main compartment and multiple pockets.

What sets Northbound Gear apart from the competition is the durability and sturdiness of their products. The 50L Cargo Bag is no exception, and you can be confident that it is manufactured using high-quality materials that can withstand wear and tear. The bag's toughness is particularly evident in the reinforced stitching found throughout, which ensures that it stays intact even when heavily loaded or exposed to rugged environments.

Another noteworthy feature of Northbound Gear 50L Cargo Bag is its ability to adjust and customize. The bag's buckle straps, compression straps, and external attachment points are all adjustable and extendable, making it easier to fit your body type and the contents you want to carry. Furthermore, the bag can recline like a suitcase, making it simple and painless to pack and unpack your gear.

In terms of aesthetics, Northbound Gear 50L Cargo Bag's design is both practical and attractive. The bag’s matte black finish and sleekly curved shape exude elegance, while carrying it on your back, and the padded shoulder straps make it feel more comfortable.

Overall, the Northbound Gear 50L Cargo Bag is a tried-and-tested product that will not let you down. It is an excellent example of a bag that can combine form and function. Don't rely on a piece of luggage - get the best of both worlds with this amazing bag from Northbound Gear. If you want a chance to score a free Northbound Gear bag, head over to the given YouTube video and subscribe to the channel and leave a comment!

F

Northbound Gear My Disappointing Experience with Northbound Gear: A Review

I recently purchased some gear from Northbound Gear, and unfortunately, I didn't have the best experience. The sizes were much larger than I anticipated, and I had to go through the hassle of returning the order and paying for the shipping costs myself. Needless to say, I wasn't thrilled with their return policy.

While I had heard good things about Northbound Gear before my purchase, I ultimately think that it might be better to seek out local sports shops or other online retailers for my future gear needs. It's worth noting that the shipping for my purchase came all the way from China, so it took longer than I would have liked to receive my order.

Overall, I don't think I'd recommend Northbound Gear. While their selection might seem appealing, the return policy and shipping times could be enough to turn potential customers away.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Northbound Gear Frustrating Customer Service Experience with Northbound Gear: A Review

I recently placed an order with Northbound Gear (northboundgear.co) in early January and have unfortunately encountered some frustrating customer service issues. Despite multiple attempts to contact their support team for an update on the status of my order, I have been left in the dark with no response. I have tried calling and sending emails to their customer service team, but have yet to receive any kind of follow-up.

This lack of communication has led to a significant waste of my time and effort in trying to get a simple update on my order. It's discouraging to have to go through such a prolonged process just to get answers, especially when it comes to something as basic as a status update or a refund.

Overall, my experience with Northbound Gear has been extremely disappointing due to the lack of reliable customer service support. It's a shame that such a simple customer service issue has caused so much frustration on my end, and I hope that Northbound Gear resolves these issues for future customers.

Northbound Gear Beware of High Return Shipping Costs: Northbound Gear Review

Upon purchasing a jacket from Northbound Gear, I was disappointed to find out that although it was shipped from New York, any returns must be shipped to Canada. As a result, the cost of returning the jacket was extremely high, which felt quite prohibitive. I also found it frustrating that Northbound Gear doesn't seem to prominently display their address on their website, which can lead to confusion about where the company is actually located. That being said, if possible, it's important to take care to ensure that any purchases from this company are likely to fit, as this would save a lot of unnecessary hassle (and extra shipping fees) down the road. Although I appreciate the quality of the jacket that I ended up receiving, I would caution others to do their research carefully before buying anything from Northbound Gear.

Q
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Northbound Gear Slow Shipping from Northbound Gear: Reviewing an online order experience

I recently ordered a pair of pants from Northbound Gear (northboundgear.co) and while I'm hopeful that I'll love the product once it arrives, I'm frustrated by how slow the shipping has been. It's been two whole weeks and I still haven't received my order- and the kicker is that I'm based in the same country as the company! All things considered, it seems like a rather long wait time for an online purchase.

With that said, it's hard for me to make any comments on the quality of the product, as I haven't even received it yet! I'm sure I'll be impressed if the pants are anything like their online product photos, but it's disappointing to have to wait so long.

In comparison to some other online retailers, it's striking how slow the shipping process has been with Northbound Gear. Amazon Prime has set an incredibly high bar- the delivery time is quick and efficient, and on the rare occasion that something goes wrong, their customer service is top-notch. Perhaps Northbound could learn a thing or two from their approach to customer satisfaction?

Overall, I remain optimistic about Northbound Gear's products, but I hope they can address some of the issues with their shipping process. It's not a great feeling to have order anxiety, and it can lead to frustration and negative experiences for the customer. Nonetheless, I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new pants- they better be worth the wait!

L
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Northbound Gear A Disappointing Experience with Northbound Gear: Poor Returns Policy, Inaccurate Sizing, and Spam Emails

As a human being who has recently dealt with Northbound Gear, I feel it's important to share my experience with others who may consider using their services. This company boasts about their easy return policy, but unfortunately, that's not always the case. If you reside in the US and wish to make a return, the cost of shipping alone will set you back over $20. On top of that, Northbound Gear also imposes a restocking fee, and you'll need to fill out a customs declaration form. Needless to say, it's quite a cumbersome process.

When it comes to the actual products they offer, I have to say I was a bit disappointed. The sizing of the item I ordered was way off, leaving me with a product that didn't fit at all. I urge anyone contemplating a purchase from this company to be very careful and double-check their sizing guide before making any final decisions.

Another thing I noticed was the sheer amount of promotional emails flooding my inbox after ordering from them. While I appreciate companies marketing their products, Northbound Gear takes it to a whole new level. It seems as if they care much more about getting their name out there than providing quality customer service.

In conclusion, I cannot in good conscience recommend Northbound Gear to anyone. Their poor return policy, inaccurate sizing, and overwhelming spam emails all culminate in a less-than-satisfactory experience. There are numerous other companies out there offering similar products with much better customer service - I would suggest exploring those options instead.

K
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Northbound Gear Unreliable Order Fulfillment and Customer Service: My Experience with Northbound Gear

As a dissatisfied customer of Northbound Gear (northboundgear.co), I feel compelled to share my experience. Unfortunately, it seems that the company struggles with managing its inventory and fulfilling orders in a timely manner. When I initially placed my order, it took over a month of persistent communication with their customer service team before my item was finally shipped out.

However, my troubles did not end there. When the product finally arrived, it didn't fit as anticipated, prompting me to request an exchange. It's disheartening to say that what followed was an absolute nightmare. Despite my continued efforts to reach out to the company, I have yet to receive my exchanged product even after five months have passed. The entire process has been extremely frustrating and time-consuming.

Naturally, such an experience has left me with no desire to purchase from Northbound Gear ever again. I urge other potential buyers to be cautious when considering this company. Don't make the mistake that I did by assuming that just because something is available online, it must be easily accessible. It appears that Northbound Gear still has some work to do in improving its customer service and order fulfillment processes.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Northbound Gear Unhappy Experience with Northbound Gear - Cautionary Review of Online Retailer

As a human being, I would like to share my experience with Northbound Gear, a popular online retailer. Unfortunately, my order took more than two months to arrive, which was quite frustrating. Naturally, when the item finally did arrive, I was excited to try it on, but to my disappointment, it didn't fit. I followed their advertised easy returns process, but I received an automated computer response indicating that the return date was past the policy date. This was very disheartening, considering that the item took more than their policy date to arrive, and the circumstances were beyond anyone's control but their own. Overall, I was very unhappy with my experience with Northbound Gear, and I would caution others against shopping with them. It's regrettable that this company fails to live up to its promises, and I would advise anyone looking for quality gear to shop elsewhere. In my opinion, Northbound Gear is nothing more than a scammer who takes advantage of their customers.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Northbound Gear Unreliable customer service from Northbound Gear: My disappointing experience

As a customer, I had a discouraging experience with Northbound Gear. In my order, they shipped me the wrong size of men's pants, leading me to approach them for an amicable resolution. However, it was a tedious process to get a response from them, after multiple attempts to contact their customer support team. At last, they requested for photos of the item and the shipping label to be furnished which I obliged. To my surprise, after submitting the requested information, they stopped responding altogether.

This experience left me disheartened as I had expected better service from them. Moreover, my discovery of similar complaints from other customers on different platforms indicates that this is not an isolated occurrence. It is, therefore, doubtful that Northbound Gear takes prompt action and strives towards satisfying customers.

Perhaps it would be in your best interest to spend your hard-earned money supporting your local businesses instead. This would ensure not only quality products, but you could also receive prompt service and support from a community store that cares about its customers.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Northbound Gear Disappointing Experience with Northbound Gear: High Return Fees and Lack of Accountability

I had a rather unfortunate experience with Northbound Gear (northboundgear.co) and I must say, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I placed an order for three items and received them in a timely manner. However, upon inspecting the jackets, I noticed that the sleeves were very short and simply did not fit me. Naturally, I wanted to return the items in exchange for some better fitting ones. However, this is where the troubles began.

When I approached the Northbound Gear customer service regarding my return, I was informed that to ship the items back, I would have to pay $66.00! That's a hefty amount just to return two jackets. What's more, $10.00 of that amount was for restocking, which I found to be rather ridiculous. It's not like the jackets had gone through rigorous use, bare-minimum to even consider the need for restocking.

While I understand that companies have their own return policies, I found this to be a rather exorbitant charge. I was disappointed and frustrated, to say the least. And if that wasn't enough, Northbound Gear failed to deliver an item that I ordered over a month ago, which I still haven't received. I was given a tracking number, but even the customer service team had no idea where the item was. Talk about lack of accountability.

All in all, I was left disheartened by my experience with Northbound Gear. It's a shame, as I truly wanted to support them as an independent business. However, the lack of proper service, high return fees and lack of accountability left me very disappointed. All in all, there are better options out there for those looking to purchase outdoor gear - this company certainly isn't one of them.

Read full review of Northbound Gear and 1 comment