North Star Alarmeverything

U

North Star Alarm Company suckered me into signing a 3 year contract right after I was robbed. They told me I would get a rebate due to I was already checking into companies that where cheaper, but no rebate came about. I then relocated to an apartment that already had an alarm, but they would not cancel my contract, so I paid $40 a month and am still paying. Do not go with North Star Alarm ever!!!

• Co
    consumer22 Nov 17, 2011

I also got ripped off by this company. The ADVERTISING DIRECTOR MICHAEL WALKER from Indianapolis came to my home and said he would REIMBURSE the fee to break my contract with my current alarm and change to Northstar.
    He gave me a whole lecture on how his company gave him money to allocate to just about 10 houses as advertising. He wanted us to be one of those houses and he SWORE so many times in our faces that we will get reimbursed that money. As soon as I try to contact him thought email AND phone to get paperwork ready. His Northstar email bounced and he is not returning my calls.
    I have just had to pay almost $700 to get out of my old contract which was almost ending and now I got sucked into a new 5 year with this low life company. Shame on all of them. They are supposed to protect you from thieves…but unfortunately they are the biggest THIEVES of all!
    Thank you NORTHSTAR, thanks to you “I DO HAVE PIECE OF MIND”(for those not familiar with them; this is their freaking slogan)
    By the way... that sign that has to stay in the yard for 5 years… yep, it will have an additional one right next to it.
    It will be fun, look for it soon all over the internet. I’m working on it!

• Co
    consumer22 Jan 05, 2012

I will have to say that Mr. Billingsley has done an exceptional job in working with our case. We have reached to an agreement which I am satisfied with. Not sure what happened to the actual sales person that created this whole mess. Hopefully he learned a lesson, the same way I did GET EVERYTHING IN WRITTING!!!
    Thanks Northstar for owning up to promises made, I truly appreciate it.