Nokia UK Promotionsis it true or fake

D

Dear miss / mr
I was in dubai for one week and received this text on my uae mobile (Congrats: your mobile number has won for you the sum of gbp 147000 pounds on this year nokia promo, for claims email: [protected]@live.com and call +[protected])
So i called and a man confirmed this text and advices me to e - mail my details information along with the winning number, i did send my name and phone number, and then i received calls to rush me up and more details e - mail to fill the claming form, all the time nokia logos are used, now the final e - mail i got after sending a copy of my passport and a residant address, they sent me this note :
Note: your funds are coming from the nokia payment center assigned to your network in the uk and this means that you are dealing with the pay - center uk office only and not the united arab emirates office. Your courier payment is going to be sent to the dhl courier company in the uk who will be delivering to you in 24hours as soon as they get a confirmation of your payment. And any attempt to create problems for your courier service delivery, you will be disqualified from your category and might fore fit your winnings and be regarded as not the rightful owner of that mobile number. So you are advised to act as instructed so that your won prize can get to you at the stipulated time.

They said to me that you have been instructed by the ad - hoc committee to make the payment of £290. 00 pounds (Two hundred and ninty gbp) via western union money transfer outlet close to you, to effect your payment to the account officer in charge of the delivery of your parcel with the information below, so as to enable them initiate the delivery of your prize winnings to your stated address.

So befor i make payment i am kindly seeking your help to advise if this is a fake or ture

Best regards

Farhan fuad orzin May 05, 2013

JUST THE SAME E MAIL CAME TO ME 1 MONTHS AGO I JUST COULD NOT FIND ANY WAY WHAT TO DO I TALKED WITH THEM THROUGH SOME E MAILS AND WHEN I FIND THIS SITE FOR SUCH COMPLAINS THEN READING THE COMMENTS I GOT CLEAR ABOUT THEM QUICK ACTION MUST BE TAKEN AGAINST THEM QUICKLY...

• Mb
    M Black Mind Jan 24, 2013

I am DUL SOPHy (Mr.), living in Cambodia. today i got an e-mail which meant that:

2nd Floor Berkley Square House Berkley Square
    London W1J 6BD London, United Kingdom.

Email:[email protected]

Date: January 24th, 2013.

Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA SWEEPSTAKES LOTTERY. My name is SIR Alan Conwell . I am the Nokia Cash officer assigned to winners on the Nokia Sweepstakes promotion. Your email was selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 25, 000 company and 30, 000, 000 individual email addresses from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Programme, which is conducted annually in london which qualified you as one the lucky winners of this year NOKIA ONLINE UK PROMO PRIZE 2013.
    You are therefore required to provide the below information for us to start processing the payment of your prize money to you .

1. Your complete Names:
    2. Age:
    3.Sex:
    4. Marital Status:
    5.Occupation:
    6.Home Address:
    7.Phone Number: ( Mobile and Landlines )
    8.City:
    9.State:
    10. Country:

With the above information we will be able to effect payment of your prize money in your name either through delivery of prize money in cash, cheque or online wire transfer to your bank account depending on which option you prefer, First the above informations should be provided to start the payment process . I hope to hear from you soon, once again i say congratulations.

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 142nd Anniversary Draws.

Yours faithfully,
    SIR Alan Conwell
    Nokia Cash Officer
    Nokia, UK.
    Tel: +[protected]

Copyright ©2013 Nokia. All rights reserved.
    ...
    ...
    This email and its attachments are confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). This email and its attachments may also be privileged or protected by legal rules. If you have received this by mistake please let us know by reply immediately and destroy the email and its attachments without reading, copying or forwarding the contents.

============================================================================================================================================================

And now i have sent everything he ask. so, now i dont know what to do>>>!

• Ga
    gary1974 Oct 24, 2012

send team 6 to find these clowns.

• Bo
    bola ogunwola May 20, 2012

please i was also asked to send some money to there account that have won a price 415, 000 pounds last week, and i was send the deed of guaranteed for claimed price, and i asked them why didn't they remove the money from the claimed price and send me the rest but they refuse and said, and they have being calling me with an hidden number saying i should send the money won to the bank account for the processing of the cheque. please can someone help me out on this, because I'm looking so tempted to send them this money. please i need your help. here is my email address. [email protected]

• Hs
    h.soroush Jan 17, 2012

dear sir
    I'm Soroush
    last week The following text sent to my mobile ( SMS )
    "your mobile number has won 520, 000, 00 pounds for the NOKIA UK PROMO, for claim . Call : +[protected] &Email To:[email protected]".

Please help me to send the award

• In
    Inayeth Ali Nov 24, 2011

Alright guys now listen to me. If you get a message saying you won money (like i did) from nokia in UK then what is the most obvious thing you should do? Call nokias customer support in London! I did that and the guy told me it was a scam and that i should just delete the msg. If you dont believe me then just call nokia customer support in london at +[protected] and the numbers toll free so no harm done to your phone balance

• Ra
    Ratna eka putri Oct 15, 2011

Hi all... I am Ratna Eka Putri From indonesian... The same case a few days ago i Got text/message too from Mr. ALAN PETERSON, i felt so happy, i was lucky... My friend sugested me to ask Mr. Google... And I got enlightenment... It all jus trickery... they need to jail...

• Zi
    Zino111 Sep 23, 2011

it's fake !!

• Jl
    Jlé Sep 06, 2011

Hi, its seems this hoax is going on for some time. Wish these people can get caught now. Just got the sms, AGAIN, as I got it earlier this year. If I am a winner why cant they phone me, instead they are sending out these sms' according to the cellphone listings! If we all just learn to read our sms' properly then we will notice all the gliches: I AM NOT A NOKIA USER FIRSTLY! SAMSUNG :)
    And the fact that the promo is based in UK, there should be a UK land like number and not cell number. I received my sms from my South African code! I will not call them as its a waste of time. Previously with the other sms I did call and I could hear this man speaking through a voice changer ( A software programme can be usedto do this!). People, please do not send money if you are a winner in any competition! YOU CANT GIVE MONEY TO GET WINNINGS!
    PS. Can some one please forward me their email address so I can give them a piece of my mind!
    [email protected]
    Thanks People!

Always be caustious!

• Ba
    Bala8 Sep 05, 2011

Hi friends i am Bala.
    i allso got same sms & email .but that is from APPLE IPHONE [email protected] dear friends what i have to do ? please help me

2nd Floor Berkley Square House,
    Berkley Square London,
    W1J 6BD London,
    United Kingdom.

Click a reply then you fill.
    Dear winner you are require to fill this form and send back to us for proper verification.
    Best Regard:
    Apple iphone

In line with the commemorating event marking our anual anniversary of the APPLE IPHONE Telecommunication, we rolled out over £91, 000, 000.00 (Ninety One Million Great Britain Pounds) for gift items and cash pizes for our anual Anniversary Draws. Winners are selected through a raffle draw conducted on active mobile numbers from our subscribing networks worldwide and a REF NUMBER is assigned to all winning mobile number.

This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promo is the 1st of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public. To begin the verification process of your prize, you are required to fill the below verification requirements and send a scan copy of your International Passport, Drivers License or Pan Card for identification.

VERIFICATION REQUIREMENT‏
    All fields are required
    *YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SEND A SCANNED COPY OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT OR DRIVERS LICENSE ALONG.

1, FULL NAME:

10, ALTERNATE EMAIL:

11, REFERENCE NUMBER:

12, CHOOSE YOUR CLAIM OPTION 1. TRAVELING DOWN TO LONDON:

2. CHEQUE DELIVERY VIA COURIER:

*You are to send a scan copy of your Passport or Driver's lisence along with this form.

Any falsification of your details will render you disqualified because you will be assumed to be impersonating.
    You are required to send a copy of your passport or drivers license along with the claims requirement.
    As soon as you are verified as one of the winners, you will be required to come to our above address, United Kingdom (London) to redeem your winning Cheque.
    Winners who are unable to come to our office in London to receive their prize will be responsible for the mailing fees of your won prize. In this regard, you are to pay for the courier service if you opt for it. Because the courier will have to acknowledge your payment before any delivery will commence.

Friend and relatives cannot redeem your won prize on your behalf because the certified cheque is covered by an IRREVOCABLE GUARANTEE BOND (IGB).
    To avoid double claiming, impersonation and tax from your country, all winning information should be kept strictly confidential.

I wish to on behalf of all members and staff of APPLE congratulate you on your win and wish you the best of luck as you spend your good fortune.

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 5th Anniversary Draws.
    Yours faithfully,
    Dr. Marcus White
    Tel :+[protected]
    Email:[email protected]

Copyright ©2011 Apple iphone

APPLE IPHONE CORPORATION UK
    APPLE Connecting People. Oportunity to start a new life. Create employement for thousands of unemployed. APPLE IPHONE

Copyright © 2010 Apple Iphone GLOBAL LOTTERY.
    This communication the property of Apple iphone Corporation and is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed regarding his won promotional prize, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please contact us immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.

• Da
    daniel1984 Aug 23, 2011

hello e are the 21/08/2011 & i received a sms 8 time before made a e-mail for claims my price 415, 000.00 pounds in a NOKIA_UK MOBILE PROMO the phone is +[protected] & this personne try to explain my to do a transfert union money transfert of 600 pounds to receive 415000 pounds

• Ly
    Lydz Aug 10, 2011

I received this message @ 1830 hrs on 10th August 2011. "Your Cell Won 415, 000GBP in NOKIA-UK ANNUAL PROMO. Ref NO.NKP14 for claims Email your Names & Ref No. to:[email protected] & Tel+[protected]." I live in New Zealand & when I called the number the guy was like "Hello, oh, um, Nokia Promo congradulations, where are you calling from?" When I told him, he asked what the time was in our country. I replied "1840 hours". He moved on to say "if you e mail us your reference number & passport details, we'll get back to you via e mail." Then I thought, "hows about a...NO!..." hahaha what Circus did you CLOWNS escape from!

Anwer M.R. Alidina Aug 09, 2011

From Dar es salaam Tanzania.
    I also received an SMS from UK No:+[protected] claiming to be NOKIA PROMO and the message mentioned my mobile number won Sterling Pounds 415, 000. I emailed them and they asked for my winning number and address, after giving them the info they wanted they congragulated me on winning the sum and told me either to come to London before 20 August 2011 to collect the cheque or send them the courier charges of Sterling Pounds 580.
    They have also attached the passport copies of one REID Morgan whose address is Prince Court business park, 11 wapping lane London E1W 2DA and the letter has been signed by one MARCUS WALLENBERG whose telephone number is +[protected] and above all the NOKIA address is as mentioned being 2nd Floor Berkley Square House, Berkley Square W1 6BD LONDON.
    The deadline to collect the prize is 20th August.
    I sincerely hope NOKIA does something about these FAKE prizes which are really disturbing our LIFE.
    Thanking you and hope for some stern ACTION from NOKIA

• Gi
    Gisleine Jul 30, 2011

I live in New Zealand, I've received the same message. I decided to search on the internet and found this website which is great to let people know more about this bad people. Firstly, I got a message from Germany, but the phone number that you have to call is from another country, which is not from UK. Secondly, I have no idea how they found out my number because I don't even have NOKIA, I have VODAFONE. So don't believe in them please!!!

• Jb
    jbfirebird Jul 27, 2011

do you think its real? did you enter a contest to win any money? do people just go around awarding people money for something they didnt enter?

• Ah
    A.HAMODA Jul 27, 2011

I also sent me a message that my laptop has won 750.000 pounds
    Is this true or false
    I am an Arab Palestinian
    Please help me if this is true or not true

TNKS ALL

• Jn
    J Njoro Jul 21, 2011

Dear Sir,
    I too has been a victim of this scam though i inquired when it was too late. iI lost Ksh. 100, 000. The man whom i had been talking to is Dr Mike Baker Phone no +[protected] & cash i was to address to Mrs Sarah Meredth of SKY COURIER EXPRESS. Is there a way to recover my money. I think these people are tarnishing your name & your reputation

• De
    desox Jul 17, 2011

lol i just won 600, 000 great britain bounds...i figured out that it's a fraud cuz of all f the justifications why i should pay the courier charges before anything moves, cuz if it were true NOKIA would be more professional, after all it's a promo !

• Fi
    fidan Jul 11, 2011

hi my name is FIDAN and i won 530, 000.00 pounds from nokia .thanks nokia for all of that.
    Contact me and i tell you how to win [email protected]

• Sh
    shila brown Jul 09, 2011

i received also a text claming the same thing... this is not funny at all i personally didnt even bother to call them back or send them an email.the text was "congratulations!!! your number has won 350, 000 pounds in the ongoing uk nokia promo.for claims, call : +[protected] or email: [email protected] " what a loads of crap.im very disappointed by nokia that alouds this kind of thing to continue and doesnt do a thing to stop this scam.this is not right.they didn't foll me but there are many people that they can fool i believe that the real problem here is nokia itself.

• Ky
    kylie69 Jun 30, 2011

to anyone else that recieves a message from this mob dont answer its a scam the first thing that alerted me was the address they spelt berkeley wrong and when i did a search that was the first thing google picked up on was the mis-spelling
    RESIDENTS OF AUSTRALIA BEWARE they are now working our mobile numbers to scam you
    it does not matter what carrier you are with

• Ka
    kassim mohamed Jun 29, 2011

am kassim mohamed from kenya, but now am working in kingdom of saudi arabia.this guys have also sent me a sms that i have won 990, 000starling pound.is it true?am mixt up plz reply on my email or my no.+[protected].

• Th
    themes May 30, 2011

i lost my mobile 0n 29/5/2011 ...

samuel migwi May 25, 2011

I have also received a message on my mobile phone.This reads as follows:CONGRATULATION Your Mobile Has
    Won Pounds 415, 000 in NOKIA UK MOBILEPROMO.Ref No.NKP 14, for claims email:[email protected] & Tel +[protected].
    Message sent from +[protected], sent on 21.05.2011 at 11.22.29
    My name is Samuel Migwi, Email address: [email protected]
    Mobile No.[protected]
    P O Box [protected] Nairobi, Kenya;
    Kindly advice

• Ay
    ayegboyin ogungbire May 04, 2011

this people are rogues, i got such a message just last week. so NOKIA you should do something about it befor e they soil youraye good reputation, aye Nigeria

• Le
    Leonta Apr 03, 2011

I'm from Belarus also received email from <[email protected]>
    Mr. Henry Brown
    Promo Coordinator
    ☎: +[protected]
    I hope that nobody will transfer money to them!

• Ad
    ADESEGUN N.A.A Mar 01, 2011

i received a message this morning 28th Feb.2011 saying my Nokiahas been awarded #110, 000pound sterling in the ongoing UK NOKIA MOBILE PROM. REF. NONK197G. Iwas instructed to E-mail my Name, Country an
    Ref NO to nokiaoutlook @live.com sender +[protected] message center +[protected].
    My various visit to uk shows that the country code +44. I want you to
    clear this as unethical practices or from your office before my details can be release to anybody. I belief in hardwork not cheap money.
    writing from Ajah, Lagos Nigria.

chinyanta Feb 23, 2011

i also received the following sms( CONGRATULATIONS YOUR NUMBER HAS WON 300 000 GBP IN ONGOING NOKIA PROMOTION.FOR INFORMATION CALL +44 [protected] OR EMAIL US AT [email protected]).I have forgotten a bit on an email address but an sms was like what i have written.

• Tr
    trace mutau Feb 09, 2011

I have just received the same message that ihave won 15 000 pounds.please Nokia can you explain this to us .is this true?

• Ea
    Eagle786 Feb 05, 2011

Every month i am receiving the same msgs through email & sms. Are you guys having the number or email of NOKIA company to make the complaint of these scam?

• Jc
    jcbm001 Jan 28, 2011

I guess they started attacking facebook users now. I received a mail in my face book account a couple of days ago, that i have won EUR $530, 000. And then was told to send my personal info to their email address. I did. But then I started feeling something isn't right. It was too good to be true. And that's how I came upon this website . And I am not surprised at all from the response it got here. So I am done with this.

• Zz
    zzapopan01 Jan 28, 2011

AGREE

Johnny Johns Jan 26, 2011

i was another person that recieved this message, I emailed straight away saying that i won and wen do i get my money (i did not give any details) then i looked up this scam and found out all this. So I rang them Up AND BLEW THE [censor] OUT OF THEM lol telling them i looked their number up and have their details, , and that they will be arrested in a matter of 90 hours. The scammer tried telling me i could be arrested from this, that he could get my details from nokia and arrest me ahahaha [censor] soo i did think abit and decided to ring nokia to make sure this cannot happen and it cant :) Soo i tried ringing the [censor] back but they already disconnected their number [censor] themselves, THESE GUYS NEEED TO BE HUNTED DOWN AND THEIR BALLS BE RIPPED OFF AND FED TO DOGS!!!

fatmire qenaj Jan 21, 2011

I beliv but I dont have many to pye I working in health hause norsing and they pay me just 240 euro and a have hosbent and he dont working and two kids .I deklarejt to take from my prize and to pay them Dhl because I dont have many...Please beliv me this is a last chans to change my live and to sigurejt one hause to my kids...With respekt Fatmire Qenaj.Kosov

Fatmire Jan 18, 2011

I HAVE RECEIVED A SMS ON 14 JANUARY, 2010 AS MY MOBILE NO HAS WON 250000 POUNDS AS IN NOKIA ONGOING UK PROMO.SO PLEASE VERIFY IT AS IT REAL OR FAKE.THEY HAVE TOLD TO CONTACT TO THE EMIL ADDRESS WHICH IS [email protected] MY EMAIL
    [email protected]

• Di
    Dilanjan Jan 17, 2011

I HAVE RECEIVED A SMS ON 16 JANUARY, 2010 AS MY MOBILE NO HAS WON 250000 POUNDS AS IN NOKIA ONGOING UK PROMO.SO PLEASE VERIFY IT AS IT REAL OR FAKE.THEY HAVE TOLD TO CONTACT TO THE EMIL ADDRESS WHICH IS [email protected] MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS [email protected]

• Kr
    kristinaa Jan 10, 2011

I'm from Tinidad and Tobago and i rec'd a call at 3:am saying I won $500000US, but i had to send #400US through a western union to pay for delivery. I guess it was to good to be true.
    How do you report this?

• Ab
    ABEID DAVID KANGE Dec 31, 2010

am Abeid David Kange i also received that sms in my phone that i have won 415000pounds in the NOKIA UK PROMO.
    B UT I DON'T THINKL IS TRUE OR FALSE?

Chilavet Dec 26, 2010

I received a message on my phone telling me that my phone has won a huge amount of 200, 000:00 GBP in the NOKIA UK/AFRICA PROMOTION. I emailed them back but i know this is kind of scam. But am waiting for the because i will try my best to get them tracked by police here in Nigeria

• Wa
    walid kanan Nov 17, 2010

my name is walid kanan and i am so sorry that i was between people who recieved the same massege, and i knew from the begining that those people are bad, but i want to ask ( NOKIA ) why they don't take these people to njail because these people are dirty and make fun of people and nokia company, and we will loose our trust with the real NOKIA because of these bad people