Nissan Motor Company — nissan serena 2.0 - gearbox fail just after 54000 km
On [18 May 2016], I purchased a brand new [Nissan Serena 2.0 ] from Tan Chong Motor Singapore . Having drive the car for slightly more than 3yrs with only 54, 000km mileage, the gearbox fail.
I have regularly did my servicing in Tan Chong Motor (Nissan Distributor) and for past 20 over years I have always been a careful driver with zero insurance claim and accident record.
I am very disappointed and shocked from what happened and for I can't believe a Japanese technology has such lousy reliability. Furthermore when I asked the Tan Chong Service Agent what happens he just simply says...because of bad luck..find the situation very annoying. New cars and new technology should not have such poor reliability.
While I do understand that manufacturing errors do happen, still I can't comprehend the fact that a new car gearbox fail only after having drive 54000km .
This is not the type of product I would have expected from Nissan of its reliability and reputation.
Enclosed with this is the copy of the service centre receipt. Hope you can look into it favourably.
Wong Yoke Chye
More Nissan Motor Company Complaints & Reviews
- Nissan Murano Transfer Case - problems with transfer case 
- Nissan Motor Acceptance Corportation - car loan customer service 
- Nissan Altima - rear brake problems 
- Nissan Canada - poor customer service 
- Nissan USA - shoddiest customer service I have ever experienced! 
- Nemet Motors - Nissan - lied to when purchased warrantee
- Nissan Motor Company - nissan 2015 pathfinder
- Infiniti firstcapsFix_callbackissan) - rust/corrosion warranty 
- Hooman Nissan - drivers license not returned for a month now
- Nissan - nissan service/sales department