Nissan Canada — poor customer service
Recently a recall item that I never recieved notice for, failed.<br />
My Catalytic converter blew up and caused my engine to blow as weel sice parts of the catalyst sucked back into engine apparently a common thing that has happened and has caused the engine to catch fire which is why a recall was issued. My car never caught fire thankfully because I had my family in the car when this happened.<br />
I was told by a Nissan rep. Daniel who was nothing but rude and ignorant, that I had to get my car to a Nissan dealer (the nearest one is approx. 450 km away) and if the part was found defective Nissan would cover towing costs. The towing company was going to charge $1300 + to tow it, I was to pay cash up front, well like most people I don't have that kind of money to hand out, so I drove 100 km rented a car dolly from u-haul, drove 100 km back put the car on the dolly and towed it with my half ton to the nearest dealer dropped it off and drove back home a total of 1029.2 km approx. $160 for gas. Well it was determined the catalytic converter was defective but Nissan will NOT reimburse me for the rental of the car dolly or my gas because I choose to tow it myself rather than pay $1300 or more to have it towed by a company. Roadside will not cover this is what I was told even though I explained I just saved Nissan over one thousand dollars. Hmmm makes a lot of sense. I was considering trading my Altima in on a new one but Nissan can keep their junk, I will be trading my car in on a new one but I assure you it will be anything but Nissan.
More Nissan Canada Complaints & Reviews
- Nissan Murano Transfer Case - problems with transfer case
- Nissan Motor Acceptance Corportation - car loan customer service
- Nissan Altima - rear brake problems
- Nissan USA - shoddiest customer service I have ever experienced!
- 2004 Nissan Maxima - nissan is a lemon!
- Nemet Motors - Nissan - lied to when purchased warrantee
- Nissan Motor Company - nissan 2015 pathfinder
- Infiniti firstcapsFix_callbackissan) - rust/corrosion warranty
- Hooman Nissan - drivers license not returned for a month now
- Nissan - nissan service/sales department