Nikeadvertising campaign with colin kaepernick

S Sep 07, 2018 Review updated:

Well Nike has hit an all-time low with their new ad campaign with Colin Kapernick as your corporate spokesperson. Today I went through my closet and I am throwing away every single Nike item I own. I have 5 pair of shoes, 12 golf shirts, a couple of t-shirts and a light jacket. The jacket was one of my all time favorite jackets...but I will never purchase or ever wear another Nike product as long as I live. I'm a disabled veteran and your spokesperson represents to me and my friends everything that is wrong with people in this country. This guy is a spoiled brat, that got paid millions for throwing a stupid football...and then he threw it all away because of his hate for the country that afforded him so much. And the people that made that possible were people like me that actually sacrificed something. Your buddy NEVER sacrificed anything but the "too much money he was being paid for being a marginal player and of course, an idiot"! I hope your decision to use him causes you company to go bankrupt. Move out of this country - you nor Kapernick deserve to be here. You have no idea what sacrifice is. If you did - you would have chosen a disable, VETERAN to represent you. You guys don't get it. Please go away, please go bankrupt, YOU ARE AS DISGUSTING OF A CORPORATE ENTITY AS ONE CAN BE~~~~

• M
      Sep 07, 2018

I have to preface this with the fact that I am a 72-year-old Caucasian female retired education professional, who has been a Pittsburgh Steelers fan for as long as I can remember. i just watched the "Just Do It" ad that is narrated by Colin Kaepernick and it brought tears to my eyes. The ad was thoughtful, uplifting and extremely well done.

I feel strongly that this young man has been misrepresented and treated abominably by the NFL, the press and the President of the United States. I applaud him for the courage to stand up for his convictions and Nike for their courage to create and run this ad campaign. To both him and you, i wish God speed in all that you do.

• J
      Sep 09, 2018

Will never buy NIKE again. Colin sacrificed nothing. Our military men and women sacrifice everything. He only took the knee to impress his political girlfriend. All actions have reactions and this one will not be good for NIKE.

• A
      Sep 09, 2018

If you're going to ditch your stuff, donate it. Don't be a jerk and just throw it away.