Nicor Home Solutions Logo

Nicor Home Solutions

Having problems with Nicor Home Solutions?

Nicor Home Solutions reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 10, 2009. The latest review Nicor Home Solutions sewage line protection plan was posted on Oct 12, 2021. The latest complaint unauthorized charges was resolved on Sep 01, 2021. Nicor Home Solutions has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 16 reviews. Nicor Home Solutions has resolved 10 complaints.

Nicor Home Solutions Customer Service Contacts

Sat8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
SunClosed
Postal Address
P.O. Box 5370, Naperville, IL 60567

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Nicor Home Solutions Customer Service. Initial Nicor Home Solutions complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Nicor Home Solutions above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Nicor Home Solutions. Discuss the issues you have had with Nicor Home Solutions and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Nicor Home Solutions Complaints & Reviews

Nicor Home SolutionsNicor Home Solutions sewage line protection plan

My wife and I pay Nicor Gas an extra fee each month for "sewage line protection." It is and was our agreement Nicor would in exchange repair and/or replace our sewage line as appropriate. We asked Nicor to rod our sewage line about 2-3 years ago and it did so promptly and professionally without question. On that occasion sewage was not actually backing up into our home, but several symptoms suggested it soon would be, i.e., noxious odors, slow drainage, etc.

We recently experienced the same symptomology and requested Nicor under the terms of our agreement and in exchange for the money we've faithfully been paying to rod our sewage line again. It refused, in essence saying sewage had to be actually flowing back into our home before it would take any action. Nicor's refusal under these circumstances amounts to a breach of our agreement for "sewage line protection."

• Nicor Home Solutions's response · Oct 12, 2021

Hi Mark. I've shared your review with our account specialist group. They will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. Thank you.

Oct 04, 2021

Nicor Home Solutions — Washer machine deemed unrepairable

My name is Deborah Campbell Smith 926 W. Terrace Drive Glenwood, ILL 60425 708.710.1491 Account#...

Nicor Home Solutionsunauthorized charges

Contacted Nicor Home Solutions to get charges removed from my Nicor bill and they did not remove the charges which is over $200. I have never used their services and never authorized them and they say we've been paying for it since 2006!! All this money I could have saved to take care of my sick husband and never knew I was being billed. I thought it was part of Nicor gas bill until my daughter looked at my bill and said it's a service seperate from Nicor? I need them to remove all charges from my bill. Please help me.
    Acct number 547399

Aug 28, 2021

Nicor Home Solutions — Repair of central air conditioner

On August 21, 2021 I called Nicor to request that my central air conditioner be repaired at 1378 Woodview...

Nicor Home SolutionsSewer and water protection plan

I paid monthly for this insurance to cover my water and sewer main line. Yesterday I called when I finally get though the lady claims my insurance doesn't cover sending out a plumber to rod out my main line. They came out to rod my neighbors house, that's how I got thier number. When I called to buy the insurance I asked the lady 2 times if it covers the rodding she said yes, my wife even heard the conversation. Well they won't help me at all. I believe this is a scam company.

Nicor Home SolutionsCoverage for sewer and water main

I signed up sold a bill of goods .they told me I was covered from my house it to the villages main paid for 2 yrs felling good .when I was notified I had a leak in my line I was responsible for, even though I had no knowledge of .I called they said they would send out co. Tofix. Waited then refused to do anything I had to hire a oc. Pay 18, 000 dollars out of pocket. They dug up street found leak in my water main where it by law I'm responsible for and insured for asphalt concrete and grass plus line.they reniged on coverage paid nothing.

• Nicor Home Solutions's response · Aug 04, 2021

Hi. For a call back from an account specialist, please send an email to [email protected] with your contact information so we can assist you. Thank you.

Nicor Home SolutionsPlumbing

I recently added (last year) the service for Outside Sewer Line Protection, Water line Protection Plan, Gas line Protection Plan and Preferred Plumbing. So i called Nicor Home Solutions 2 times to come and check the problem (bathroom clogged), they sent Center Guard Plumbing Protection and every time they said they can do it... okay? why? they wanted me to add and add more services every time because supposedly for what the job i dont have coverage and i will have to pay out of pocket! They gave me an estimate which was literally to just come and see and if they need to do something else was gong to be extra. Ok. well everything what they askesd me to add for coverage i ended up added and at the end i just added a liquid to unclogged the bathroom and problem resolved!
          However, last sunday i noticed i puddled of water coming out of my crawl basement so i called them again, and again they sent Center Guard Plumbing a; they showed up to my house and they told me again that they cant do the job!! (a pipe line in the crawl basement)They didnt say why, but only that i have to call another company.
          So i have been calling Nicor Home solutions and they cant resolve anything for me, they stared that is the only one plumber they have in my area, and wont sent any other help. Basically they told me that some one is going to call me to help me to resolve but nothing else has been done.!

They are just going around and around with vague answers but wont resolve my problem . These people are scammers!!

• Nicor Home Solutions's response · Mar 23, 2021

Hi. Please send an email to [email protected] with your contact information so that we can assist you. Thank you.

• Updated by Angie Cm · Mar 23, 2021

Hi! Are you going to be able to resolve my problem? Nicor Home solutions wont resolve it and they just have me around and around and making phone calls for nothing to be resolve at the end.

Nicor Home SolutionsUnauthorized Charge For Warranty

Nicor has been charging $23.95 per month for Nicor Home Solutions for some type of warranty that I never ordered, authorized or used. I contacted Nicor Home Solutions who said they would send paperwork and cancel any future charges it has been three weeks nothing has been sent. Today I contacted Nicor for assistance they said it's a third party and can't help even though they are the ones billing me.

Nicor Home SolutionsAlleged verbal agreement of service plan

Today, I just noticed an odd charge on my Nicor bill for about $13. I've never signed up for any type of service plan, in fact any time I see a flyer with their plan information I throw it away. I honestly assumed it was a new charge since I don't think I've ever seen it listed where it was. So I called the number to cancel/investigate. Come to find out I allegedly had a verbal agreement back in 2007 for a service plan! I have never, not once, talked to a single person at Nicor over the phone, and definitely not for any utility company regarding a service plan. According to my estimates I have spent over $2, 000 for a product/service that I never signed up for. Is there a class action lawsuit for this? How can they get away with scamming people like this?!

• Fi
                  Fides Angara Nov 21, 2020

Is this the same company as Pivotal Home Solutions. I just found out that they have been charging me for a service I never signed up for. I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. This is a scammy company.

Oct 06, 2020

Nicor Home Solutions — Service contract agreement - pivotal home solutions

I called for repair on my KENMORE washing machine and Kitchen Aid dishwasher. I called Sears Home...

Nicor Home SolutionsHome warranty plan

I applied for the plan and was sent a contract stating my commencement date was may 3rd. On june 4th I attempted to call them stating we were having issues with a garbage disposal. I was informed that I did not have coverage because the agent taking my application made a mistake and I was sent the policy package in error. This company is a scam and I am surprised that nicor would be involved with them. I am contacting nicor to let them know what kind of company they are. The only reason I used them was because of the nicor name. The response given by elizabeth r. Is a bogus robo response and she does not exist. Just another example of how this scam company operates. The illinois attorney general office division of consumer affairs told me they have had several complaints regarding this company. Stay away!!!

Jul 27, 2019

Nicor Home Solutions — home solution plumbing

Recently I had your plumbing contractors out for a broken sewer line.. it was supposed covered on the...

Nicor Solutions — furnace repair

Told yesterday 10/17/18 that our heat exchanger has a crack in it and it was turned off. Then was told that...

Nicor Home Solutions — Ac & furnace

Fraud!!! nicor gas is party to all fraud, cheating & confusing the customer through fine prints on the...

Nicor SolutionsUnauthorized penalties

Nicor solutions was supposed to set me up with a level pay account for my gas company bill (Nicor, which by the way, they are not part of) . I made my payments and was way ahead of what i actually owed the gas company. Then i was 2 weeks late on a payment. Nicor solutions now said i owed them a "penalty" of $632. They have tried to sue me for the amount, but as they don't have my signature on anything that says i agreed to this penalty, no lawyer will take the case. The amount is something they apparently pulled out of their collective a**, since it isn't a multiple of any of my payment amounts. This has been going on for years and they have managed to ruin my credit with a black mark of a "pending lawsuit". I guess the only option i have is to pay their extortion, because i can't afford a lawyer to sue them. Don't check any boxes on your bill that you are interested in level pay. That's all i did, and now my credit score is a big fat zero!

Nicor Solutions — Rip off/ scam

Have just found out that I have been involved in a scam for several years. Worst part is the scam artist is a...