Menu
Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions) company logo
Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions)
reviews & complaints

Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions)
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

21 complaints
17 resolved 4 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions) customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions). We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
N
9:21 pm
Replied
Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions) has left an official reply on this complaint.

Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions) - Busted water pipe in crawl space

Hi

I purchased nicor home solutions for pipe maintenance. I had a broken pipe, leaking into my crawl space. My water bill for March was $800.

Nicor came out and not only didn’t fix but complained that every thing was corroded. Although I appreciate them finding out my furnace was installed incorrectly ( left pvc drain pipe from high efficient furnace dripping into a bucket for 5 years), I had to pay another company $320. for what they claimed to be able to do). I offered to have Lockport turn the water back on so they could see where the leak but they refused.

I sent a copy of the bill to them and have yet to hear back.

Desired outcome: Reimburse me for the work I had to have another company do.

W
4:11 pm

Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions) - Claim Reimbursement

Im a veteran of the USMC. I'm 79 years old. This compnay has taken advantage of me and tried to stop my claim and deny it several times over the stupidest things you can imagine. One said the vendor who did my repair need to be on the invoive, which it was, but had to fac in three times. Emailed it 3 times, and still, no word. Ive been going through this since Novemeber of 2021. Each time they come up with a new excuse about why they cant honor and ill need to resubmitt. Ive asked repeatedly for a supervisor to call me, they say within 24 hours, but I've yet to be contacted by one. This company owes me almost $2000.00 and refuses to repay me. Ibve gone as far as my granddaughter calling them, theyre trying to give her some bs too. Im going to get an attorney before they try to drag this out till im dead.

William Hatton

Account number 3522435 - Claim # 2845641

Desired outcome: Issue my claim reimbursement without further delay or get sued

C
11:07 am

Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions) - unauthorized charges

Just took a hard look at my nicor bill and realized I was paying $5.95 a month for something I know nothing about. Upon investigating I learned this is a warranty company and I have been paying since 2014, about 91 months.

I would never have knowingly signed up for this service as I pass up every warranty that is offered. Upon investigation they cannot tell me how I signed up as they said they have no record of that. In order to cancel though the conversation had to be recorded.

When I questioned Nicor gas they said this company just tells them a customer has signed up and they start taking out the monthly charge.

Unless this company can give me exact detail on how I accepted this service I believe it is a scam and I should be refunded about $540.

Desired outcome: Please Refund

2:53 pm
Replied

Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions) - False Customer’s Emergency Waiver Statement

On January 31, 2022 American Home Solutions dispatched Capeless Plumbing & Heating to repair a thermostat issue with our leased hot water heater based on a service call I requested. The technicians arrived and never looked at the thermostat on the heater but rather looked at the date of the unit. They said they should replace the hot water heater based on the age but I told them that we would be eliminating the hot water heater in 2 weeks when the new heating system was to be installed. They happened to have a brand new hot water heater on the truck and made the decision to replace it even though I advised them not to. They removed the old one and installed the new one. They left my house and 10/15 minutes later rang my doorbell to sign the paperwork. The technician never told me I would be signing a new lease but that’s what he brought to my door. Later I realized he had put “leaking H/W” as the description of emergency which was false. There was no leak and they didn’t even address the issue I called about. Two weeks later the unit was removed because of the installation of the new system. Pivotal Home Solutons now will not remove the disconnected water heater without a payment of over $700. I told them to not install a new heater but they did anyway. They wrote it up as leaking, which it was not. I am 90 years old and I believe they took advantage of me.

Desired outcome: Lease removal fee is waived

9:46 am
Replied

Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions) - monthly service contract charges

Two months ago, there were three charges on my statement for my service contract. I told them to credit my account immediately. The next month there was no accounting for Nicor home solutions on my invoice. It didn't show the three previous charges or show that I paid the bill in full. This month there are two more charges for my service contract. If this is not corrected I will cancel my service contract with Nicor Home Solutions.

Arlene Hammerton

Account # 72-72-28-1000 8

Desired outcome: credit my account for the extra charges. Five charges in three months.

Replied

Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions) - Nicor Home Solutions sewage line protection plan

My wife and I pay Nicor Gas an extra fee each month for "sewage line protection." It is and was our agreement Nicor would in exchange repair and/or replace our sewage line as appropriate. We asked Nicor to rod our sewage line about 2-3 years ago and it did so promptly and professionally without question. On that occasion sewage was not actually backing up into our home, but several symptoms suggested it soon would be, i.e., noxious odors, slow drainage, etc.

We recently experienced the same symptomology and requested Nicor under the terms of our agreement and in exchange for the money we've faithfully been paying to rod our sewage line again. It refused, in essence saying sewage had to be actually flowing back into our home before it would take any action. Nicor's refusal under these circumstances amounts to a breach of our agreement for "sewage line protection."

Desired outcome: Want sewage line rodded a.s.a.p. Alternatively, want Nicor to cover expense of independent contractor we will engage to perform Nicor's part of the contract.

4 comments
May 11, 2022 5:40 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have been paying for the outside sewer line protection for over 14 years. I started to have issues with my line backing up in the tubs, showers, sinks, and toilets, back in the end of March 2022. I called Pivotal, went back and forth with them at least 5 times about this issues. Some of the associates said I was covered and others said I wasn't . Went back and forth for a few days, mean time can't use my sink, toilet or shower because it kept backing -up. I finally got a contract #, Account# and a Claim #. I was told this company will be contacting me in about an hour or two,that was in their network, if I didn't hear from them in a hour to call them. Well, I had to call them and the guy said he never received a call and that he thought it was a scam. He was very, rude. I called Pivotal and told them what he said, because I live in a small country town they said I could choose out of their network. Bare in mind I have been without plumbing for a few days. They sent me forms on March 12, 2022 and told me to follow the instructions on these forms and a claim #2863757, Contract # 444994, and Account# 2372237 The company I chose does a lot of sewer lines for the town. They came and said I had a lot of roots and damage to the line. They went in with a blade type snake and said it was packed with roots. They dung up the line and put a whole new sewage line and a cleaning opening because my was cracked and broken because of roots. Job was done on 4/7/22. I filled all the forms out and sent them the Bill with what was bought and what was done, and paid in full.$ 2,115.95.. I didn't hear from them until May 02, 2022 with the same forms but this time another form asking for pictures of the job being done. I called them up and asked about the pictures because I was never informed about pictures and the job was already done. I kept stated every time I talked to someone they never said anything about pictures. Well, she said she would put the information about our conversation and that they would have to go back and review the recording of the conversation to see if Pictures were brought up in the conversation. She stated that I should here something back that Friday, which would have been May 6th. Today is May 11th still no news. I would like to know why its taking so long, and when will I get a reimbursement on this claim. Its not my fault you gave me the run around and then forgot to give me some details that were needed for this claim. Its sad, I have been a customer since 2014, believe me I paid into this more than what this bill is and yet I'm getting the run around and this is dragging to long. You were able to take my monthly payment quickly but your having me wait for mine, which if you were to add it it up I have definitely paid for this claim. I need answers.

Sorry to be so harsh with this. I'm usually not like this, but I feel like I have been taken because of your errors and run around on this..

Sincerely:

Patricia Wilkinson

May 21, 2022 6:32 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replying to comment of PEW

I was told to sent pictures, of where the job was done and my house. Done, still waiting.

View 0 more photos
9:46 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Deborah Campbell Smith 926 W. Terrace Drive Glenwood, ILL 60425 708.710.1491 Account# 389257 Contract # 910075 Mr Appliance came out on 7/6/2021 Invoice# 5835508 Deemed machine unrepairable. $400.00 to be issued toward purchase of New machine. Tech name was Rodney Authcode# 2743266 I did filed claim and emailed to claim reimbursement...

L
1:03 pm

Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions) - unauthorized charges

Contacted Nicor Home Solutions to get charges removed from my Nicor bill and they did not remove the charges which is over $200. I have never used their services and never authorized them and they say we've been paying for it since 2006! All this money I could have saved to take care of my sick husband and never knew I was being billed. I thought it was part of Nicor gas bill until my daughter looked at my bill and said it's a service seperate from Nicor? I need them to remove all charges from my bill. Please help me.
Acct number 547399

Desired outcome: All charges removed

Update by LuigiDeg
Nov 13, 2021 1:16 pm

This has NOT been resolved! It’s November 13 and still nothing has been fixed! When is this issue going to be resolved!?

1:25 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On August 21, 2021 I called Nicor to request that my central air conditioner be repaired at 1378 Woodview Ave., Calumet City, IL 60409. When the Nicor Repairman came out he advised me that the part that I needed to have repaired was not covered under my warranty. (Not sure of the name of the part) He advised us that we had to pay $263.00 in order to get the...

F
10:36 am
Replied

Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions) - Sewer and water protection plan

I paid monthly for this insurance to cover my water and sewer main line. Yesterday I called when I finally get though the lady claims my insurance doesn't cover sending out a plumber to rod out my main line. They came out to rod my neighbors house, that's how I got thier number. When I called to buy the insurance I asked the lady 2 times if it covers the rodding she said yes, my wife even heard the conversation. Well they won't help me at all. I believe this is a scam company.

Desired outcome: I want the plumber to come rod out my main

J
8:01 pm
Replied

Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions) - Coverage for sewer and water main

I signed up sold a bill of goods .they told me I was covered from my house it to the villages main paid for 2 yrs felling good .when I was notified I had a leak in my line I was responsible for, even though I had no knowledge of .I called they said they would send out co. Tofix. Waited then refused to do anything I had to hire a oc. Pay 18, 000 dollars out of pocket. They dug up street found leak in my water main where it by law I'm responsible for and insured for asphalt concrete and grass plus line.they reniged on coverage paid nothing.

Desired outcome: Pay coverage max on policy which is said and written and sold to customer up to $14,000 back to me

1:36 pm

Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions) - Plumbing

I recently added (last year) the service for Outside Sewer Line Protection, Water line Protection Plan, Gas line Protection Plan and Preferred Plumbing. So i called Nicor Home Solutions 2 times to come and check the problem (bathroom clogged), they sent Center Guard Plumbing Protection and every time they said they can do it... okay? why? they wanted me to add and add more services every time because supposedly for what the job i dont have coverage and i will have to pay out of pocket! They gave me an estimate which was literally to just come and see and if they need to do something else was gong to be extra. Ok. well everything what they askesd me to add for coverage i ended up added and at the end i just added a liquid to unclogged the bathroom and problem resolved!
However, last sunday i noticed i puddled of water coming out of my crawl basement so i called them again, and again they sent Center Guard Plumbing a; they showed up to my house and they told me again that they cant do the job! (a pipe line in the crawl basement)They didnt say why, but only that i have to call another company.
So i have been calling Nicor Home solutions and they cant resolve anything for me, they stared that is the only one plumber they have in my area, and wont sent any other help. Basically they told me that some one is going to call me to help me to resolve but nothing else has been done.!

They are just going around and around with vague answers but wont resolve my problem . These people are scammers!

Update by Angie Cm
Mar 23, 2021 2:26 pm

Hi! Are you going to be able to resolve my problem? Nicor Home solutions wont resolve it and they just have me around and around and making phone calls for nothing to be resolve at the end.

12:40 pm
Replied

Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions) - Unauthorized Charge For Warranty

Nicor has been charging $23.95 per month for Nicor Home Solutions for some type of warranty that I never ordered, authorized or used. I contacted Nicor Home Solutions who said they would send paperwork and cancel any future charges it has been three weeks nothing has been sent. Today I contacted Nicor for assistance they said it's a third party and can't help even though they are the ones billing me.

Desired outcome: Refund of unauthorized charges

12:37 pm
Replied

Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions) - Alleged verbal agreement of service plan

Today, I just noticed an odd charge on my Nicor bill for about $13. I've never signed up for any type of service plan, in fact any time I see a flyer with their plan information I throw it away. I honestly assumed it was a new charge since I don't think I've ever seen it listed where it was. So I called the number to cancel/investigate. Come to find out I allegedly had a verbal agreement back in 2007 for a service plan! I have never, not once, talked to a single person at Nicor over the phone, and definitely not for any utility company regarding a service plan. According to my estimates I have spent over $2, 000 for a product/service that I never signed up for. Is there a class action lawsuit for this? How can they get away with scamming people like this?!

F
Nov 21, 2020 6:13 pm

Is this the same company as Pivotal Home Solutions. I just found out that they have been charging me for a service I never signed up for. I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. This is a scammy company.

J
2:07 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I called for repair on my KENMORE washing machine and Kitchen Aid dishwasher. I called Sears Home Solutions/Pivotal Home Solutions. They sent out a repairman from A&G Repair Svc on 5/07/2020. After a week I called Nicor Solutions, they switched me over to Pivotal Home Solutions. The Customer Service Representative said that Kenmore no longer had my part...

B
8:56 pm

Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions) - Home warranty plan

I applied for the plan and was sent a contract stating my commencement date was may 3rd. On june 4th I attempted to call them stating we were having issues with a garbage disposal. I was informed that I did not have coverage because the agent taking my application made a mistake and I was sent the policy package in error. This company is a scam and I am surprised that nicor would be involved with them. I am contacting nicor to let them know what kind of company they are. The only reason I used them was because of the nicor name. The response given by elizabeth r. Is a bogus robo response and she does not exist. Just another example of how this scam company operates. The illinois attorney general office division of consumer affairs told me they have had several complaints regarding this company. Stay away!

8:53 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Recently I had your plumbing contractors out for a broken sewer line.. it was supposed covered on the agreement I have been paying on for years... first plumber said it covered under agreement and told me what they would do... second group came out and did the same... but they had to talk to boss... bait and switch tactics kick and he come back and said...

10:39 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Told yesterday 10/17/18 that our heat exchanger has a crack in it and it was turned off. Then was told that they would not be out to fix it until the following Tuesday 10/21/18...6 days later..it is cold out side..freezing degrees and we are seniors. The furnace is 7 years old and purchased from NICOR wnd was told we would be serviced the next day on all...

R
9:48 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Fraud!!! nicor gas is party to all fraud, cheating & confusing the customer through fine prints on the contract. Nicor home solutions recommend & quote for change of whole system, later on home solutions denied the decision of their own vendor. Ultimately customer pays this fraud is very common practice in day to day business. Stop this fraud for god sake

Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions) - Unauthorized penalties

Nicor solutions was supposed to set me up with a level pay account for my gas company bill (Nicor, which by the way, they are not part of) . I made my payments and was way ahead of what i actually owed the gas company. Then i was 2 weeks late on a payment. Nicor solutions now said i owed them a "penalty" of $632. They have tried to sue me for the amount, but as they don't have my signature on anything that says i agreed to this penalty, no lawyer will take the case. The amount is something they apparently pulled out of their collective a**, since it isn't a multiple of any of my payment amounts. This has been going on for years and they have managed to ruin my credit with a black mark of a "pending lawsuit". I guess the only option i have is to pay their extortion, because i can't afford a lawyer to sue them. Don't check any boxes on your bill that you are interested in level pay. That's all i did, and now my credit score is a big fat zero!

Pivotal Home Solutions (formerly Nicor Home Solutions) contacts