Menu
Nextiva Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Nextiva
reviews and complaints

www.nextiva.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.4 51 Reviews

How responsive is Nextiva's customer service?

15 Resolved
12 Unresolved
Somewhere halfway 🌗
Nextiva definitely has some work to do, especially in their approach to handling complaints. Responding to all complaints, rather than just a few, is the key to success and a high rating, as all customers want to be heard. As for reviewers, we would advise reading resolved complaints to see how quickly they were addressed and what information Nextiva needed to resolve them.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Nextiva has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Nextiva reviews and complaints 51

Sort by:

Newest Nextiva reviews and complaints

O
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Nextiva Terrible Phone System: Delays, Disconnects, and Frustration - A Warning to Others

This phone system is not good at all. I've been using it since December 2020 and have had nothing but problems. For example, when you pick up the phone, there's a 5 to 10 second delay before you can talk to the person calling in. Also, when you answer the phone, you can't hear the person calling in, but they can hear you. This makes the customer very frustrated and they end up having to call back. Another issue is when you put the person on hold and try to re-engage the line, it won't pick up and eventually disconnects them. These are just a few examples, but the list goes on and on.

Every time I call support, they tell me it's an issue on my end that I have to resolve. They fix the problem temporarily, but two or three days later, the same problems come back. I used to think Spectrum was bad, but this system is even worse. I recommend you look at other reviews before choosing this system. Be careful with them because it's not a good system by any standards.

I would never recommend this system to anyone. After my contract is over, I will go with someone else. My lawyer is even looking into breaking the contract. If you're in the same predicament, document everything so that you have backup. It's important to be prepared for anything when dealing with this system.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Nextiva I was originally going to give this company 3 stars but they seriously shot themselves in the foot with the *** act that they did at the

I was originally going to give this company 3 stars but they seriously shot themselves in the foot with the *** act that they did at the moment that our organization was trying to cancel our subscription with them. Services have several issues such as the Nextos portal not updating certain things that we want to update such as hours, voicemail greeting etc,. Sales rep told as at the beginning that services include call recording and queuing only to later find out that they can only be added additionally and is not included in the subscription price. What upset me the most was the *** scam tactic that they did at the end of our term with them. I asked to cancel our service several times through multiple phone calls. Phone numbers ported to our new organization but service was not cancelled even though I explicitly stated that we wanted to cancel after porting. One month later, I receive a call stating that our service was renewed and that if we wanted to terminate then it would require paying the entire years worth of the subscription at a discount. Nextiva sent multiple emails stating 'case closure' for each contact that you have with them. By accident, the title for one of those emails was 'POSSIBLE SAVE.' As a customer, that clearly tells you that this organization resorts to vile trickery to scam people out of thousands of dollars to get out of an automatic renewal of a contract. Please beware of this organization and their unethical practices and find another VOIP that works better and does not reduce itself to a group of hustlers and scam artists.

Read full review of Nextiva and 3 comments
3 comments
G. Kilback
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Service for the last couple years worked fine. Our company no longer need the service so now I have been trying to cancel the service for over a month with the bills still coming. They've never followed up on emails and phone calls I've placed with them. Extremely frustrated with this company. I cannot recommend more poorly.

R. Watsica
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The customer service is awful. Over the past 2 years I have called Nextiva countless times to reduce our lines and am transferred from support to customer relations to billing, put on hold for 30mins - 1hour with each transfer, with the end result of nobody helping. Each person you speak with gives you a different answer and claims another department is responsible for account changes, yet the claimed department will give a similar answer and transfer you yet again, putting you on a never ending loop of long hold times and incompetent customer service reps. HIGH DONT RECOMMEND NEXTIVA and would get rid of them entirely at this point if I could actually get someone from Nextiva who manages cancelations.

B. Heidenreich
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Worst company ever. Impossible to work with, over billing and no way to alter through customer service. Also they own the numbers so you can't transfer them to another service. Please stay away from this company

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Nextiva In July I contacted Nextiva tech to address an issue in regards to conference calls; We needed to have more that 9 persons on a conference call

In July I contacted Nextiva tech to address an issue in regards to conference calls; We needed to have more that 9 persons on a conference call. Tech and Sales rep recommanded that we use Amazon Chime for an additional Monthly payment of $10. So we did; We started a sles campaign to acquire more subscription. It was a disaster at the time we did not know that the advise given to us was wrong. In fact the use of Amazon chime required that from us to be on a different platform but no one told us that at the time. This error cost us $4800 + employees time. A few weeks ago we contacted Nextiva sales rep in regard to CRM. So Nextiva Sales Rep setup a demo for the following Monday. That Monday at 5:30pm New York Time Nextiva Rep Called us to indicate that the demo was cancelled due to technical issues. So we rescheduled for Thursday October 15th. That day at the meeting scheduled time the Nextiva Sales Rep called to indicate that after reviewing our account it was not possible because the platform where is set needed to be changed. This was unacceptable, I had setup the time for one of my staff to be present for both demo that resulted in cancellation. This also caused lost of work time and hours of preparation waisted. Finally after some digging talking to vendors and certainly not from Nextiva Sales rep, we were able to identified July issues in regards to video conference call not working. This is the worst experience I have had with nextiva I signed up with this company when they started and had no complaint but the sales rep assigned to us did cause us damages that we are assessing.

K. Lockman
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Read the comments below this company is a scam they sell you hard then won't let you cancel if you dont believe us try your luck

R. Hermann
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Complete garbage! It never works! Cant call out on it or receive calls in! Ive lost so much business because I dont see the calls until hours later when they finally come through as missed calls. Ive had it a year and their customer service is just as crappy. Trying to cancel as I type this!

M. Schneider
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Nextiva was unable to get the phone service to function so I cancelled the service after a couple of weeks of not having phone service at all. On 10/28/22 I spoke with someone in "customer relations", requested cancellation of service, received a case number, and was informed that I would get a call back in *** hours. Nextiva has not followed up and continues to charge my credit card on a monthly basis. I have spent hours on hold with Nextiva trying to reach customer relations. I hired another VOIP company which provided service without a problem. DO NOT USE NEXTIVA.

L. Baumbach
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Had nextiva for one year out of two year contract. they took the payment or second year then lost login ability and lost one line. Called for hours to resolve, text feature no response, live agents had to get advance care tech she dropped my conversation twice and she called back? explained three times what is needed. Its not rocket science but they restrict your access to control the account. Outbound caller ID doesnt work either some end customers get spam notification or caller id shows *** not my company name Stay away if they cant fix today Im done

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Nextiva We are a small business and were looking to switch over our phone service

We are a small business and were looking to switch over our phone service. At time we had a sales call and picked the product we wanted to go with. After everything was sent to us we had our first implementation call and were notified we need another base for the phones. This information was not provided during the initial sales call. When we confronted them about this they acted like they did not know that we needed one and then told us they already sent it out WHICH THEY DID NOT. WE FELT SCAMMED. This led to Nextiva asking us for more money for the second base. It was until we told them that we wished to terminate our contact that they offered to give us the second base which they never sent. We requested that the authorization for a second base showed a balance of zero dollars which they said was not possible. Which to us makes no sense. They gave us three months no charge in the beginning and told us we would be fully set up within two weeks. That was a lie. It took us reaching out to them multiple times a day just to get their attention to get us set up and even then at that point we still were not able to use the phones. And now that we have requested to terminate our contract and give us a refund for the equipment they want more money to terminate the contract. They want us to pay to get out of service with them despite us not being charged for a single month of service and not being able to use the phones they sent us. If we could put 0 stars we would. After all the back and forth calls with them it ended up being a waste of time for our medical staff could have been in appointments helping patients. This is on top of being a giant waste of money.

T
T
T. Tromp
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Absolutely horrendous customer service. The phone service is also not at all reliable. The app is bad, the website is slow and glitches constantly. Do not recommend AT ALL.

N
N
N. Thiel
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Our phone systems have not been working properly for the last two months. I have contacted their customer support 6 times to get it fixed. I have sat on hold for about 30 to 45 minutes each time before reaching an agent. Today I have been on hold for 2 hours with their customer support, I submitted a service ticket at 11 am yesterday and have not heard back from anyone. I have tired using their "Live" chat feature today and have been waiting for 2.5 hours for someone to start a conversation.

M. Windler
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Using Nextiva is an absolute nightmare. We discovered that Nextiva was overcharging our business every month for 3 years for services we were not aware of nor using. It took over a month to reach someone who could resolve the issue, and they still continued to over-bill us after we signed an updated quote to remove the additional charges. *** is pathetic. You'll spend hours on hold just to have them drop your call or to speak with someone doing their absolute best to be as unhelpful as possible. Representatives are always rude and mislead you to think they have solved the problem only for it to continue. Their 'policies' and 'security measures' seem to change every time you finally get off hold depending on how lazy the representative you happen to reach is. They string you along on a wild *** of steps to confirm your account, and if you don't get frustrated and give up first, they have simply lied to us and said the account doesn't exist and hung up on us. And email is no better, as we have never gotten a response on the many occasions we have reached out to representatives to follow up on these ongoing issues. Even a 1-star rating is giving them too much credit. It is a wonder how this business is still running. I can't recommend enough to stay far far away from Nextiva unless you want to deal with the kind of stress that takes years off your life.

M. Sauer
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fraudulent business practices - reported to *** Attorney General Ordered the fax service. Worked fine. But when I tried to cancel fell into Nextiva *** They ignored my cancellation email which was sent timely exactly per their instructions. They billed my card anyway.They will not respond to emails sent It takes hours to get through on phonelines Then you get bounced around from one "department" to another Ironic for a "communications" company to have such dismal communications.I have reported them for fraudulent business practices and filed a fraud claim with my bank.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Nextiva If no stars was an option, this review would be more accurate

If no stars was an option, this review would be more accurate.I don't know how in the world Nextiva has 5 star reviews on *** Everyone here hates working with them.Bottom line, their service is spotty at best. Phones kept cutting out and prevented patients from reaching our office when they needed our doctors. Cost me close to $250K in revenue over 2 months.After HOURS (37 hrs) of being on phone calls to resolve the issue, I submitted a ticket to terminate our contract. That ticket was later marked "RESOLVED" except, that our account was never terminated, I tried for 6 MONTHS to terminate the relationship and could not get anyone to do it. Nextiva is the girl that won't let you break up with them even when you leave an expired debit card on for billing.Fast forward 6 months later and they can't terminate my account b/c they're updating their billing software. BTW, they want to charge me $2500 in termination fees b/c they renewed my contract after I had put in the ticket to terminate it. I did get those charges waived but it took a solid 2 days of phone calls and yelling to get there. So they tell me to put a new debit card on file so once the billing system is live it will see my account as enabled and then we can terminate. Sounds shady but ok.A week later I get a link to accept my termination agreement. I accept it and 2 says later they charge me $200+ for fees I haven't paid since submitting a ticket to terminate my relationship (before renewing my contract)So now I'm in chat with them, I have a signed document of termination, and the agent "Hasn't updated my account" so I was charged the service fees. HOW DO THEY STAY IN BUSINESS!Please, somebody, shut these idiots down. It can't be legal what they're doing to customers. Stay far away from them. Sign up with a provider like Ring Central or Zoom.

L. Rolfson
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I wish I could rate 0 stars! They coerce you into signing a deal. Then you find out if you want out you have to pay them in full if you want out. Then their app is *** poor. Literally the worst decision Ive ever made was working with them. This is the WORST company EVER. DO NOT work with them!

J. Brown

C. Rippin
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The service was stable and didn't go down. That's the end of the positive things I have to say about Nextiva.Their app is terrible. Their website is unreadable. Their product lines make no sense. The process for adding a line requires a phone call (?) and a signature (?) like you're living in ***. Cancellation requires spending many days on hold while they keep invoicing you--you can ask for a call back instead but they won't do it! Their CSRs are indifferent except when they're rude.When we finally switched to a competitor, it was like getting out of prison. Everyone in the office once again noticed the beauty in the world. I, personally, rediscovered the smell of flowers. Avoid our mistake and avoid Nextiva.

A. Roob
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Terrible in every way. Salesperson was pushy. Information given about service was incorrect. Cancelled after 3 days and am endlessly being billed. Finally, after hours on hold, just cancelled my credit card (which you cannot do online - nor can you cancel online). Do not, under any circumstances, sign up with this company. Sales are deceptive and customer service is non-existent. If zero stars were possible, that's what I'd give them.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Nextiva If I could give 0 stars I would!

If I could give 0 stars I would! The customer service is nonexistent. They dont have any skills as far as their own system operations and you are passed on to the next person constantly only to learn they cant help either. I was promised a one hour long walkthrough of the system when I signed up and when I set up my team for the meeting the day of, Nextiva CANCELED the meeting! I requested another time and the second meeting for the *** walkthrough was 15 minutes long because the technician had something else to do and wont be able to spend the full hour with us unfortunately(his exact words). What a joke the entire company is! They treat you like c*** Like your nothing. The *** wouldnt download my call list and the service technicians tried to help and they couldnt figure it out. I was passed to over 12 people. I finally asked for a full refund after the third charge to my account since I never used the service and it was a constant back and forth bunch of calls to agents who didnt have a clue what was going on and clearly didnt care either. They refused to refund me May and June, but since I called on July 8th, they refunded me July -_- . They refused refunding me May and June even though they could clearly see we never uploaded our call list and never made one call. I feel robbed. I canceled July to stop the payments because there was no other option to speak to a supervisor. Then after I canceled they said they wouldnt be able to help me without an active account or to transfer me to a supervisor without an active account. So sad there are companies out there like this who take from small companies like mine. So much false advertising stating they are #1 all over *** I think their investor from Shark Tank knows some people to make it look great online, because once your signed up youll see they are THE WORST company I have ever engaged with! They cost my company and team so much money and time HOURS ON HOLD! Run! DO NOT USE NEXTIVA!

V
Replied
Nextiva replied to this review.

Nextiva I can't stress enough to anybody considering Nextiva as their phone provider to NOT do business with them

I can't stress enough to anybody considering Nextiva as their phone provider to NOT do business with them. We are a small business and it was time to upgrade the phones in our office. After seeing Nextiva repeatedly as a top-rated company and having a great sales call with the team, we felt good about doing business with them. Then our phones came and everything went downhill from there They tell you their phones are plug and play but Im here to tell you they are not. We plugged them in and they never worked! I spent hours on the phone with their sad excuse of a support team to not get anywhere. All they did was tell me to reboot the phone over and over and over again. It was the biggest waste of time. I asked if they could physically send someone out to help and they wouldnt. We even brought in our own IT company to get on the phone with Nextiva to get the phones up and runningstill no luck. Then, we sought out another company to get phones through. This new company came by, plugged in their phones and guess what! They worked immediately! After that, it was clear to us that the Nextiva phones were a complete sham. We spoke to a rep at Nextiva who said we had a great case for cancellation and then she came back a week later and said our cancellation request had been rejected and that we needed to pay for the phones that dont work. We. Were. Livid. After coming to the realization we had been played, we dug deeper into online reviews. Which by the way, seem to have disappeared since then. Their *** reviews had tons of 1 star ratings which you cant find now. There were many instances of people saying that Nextiva was continuing to charge their card after cancellation. If that doesnt scream that this is a scam, I dont know what does. Also, do not be fooled by their A+ rating on the Complaintsboard.com. They only have that because they respond to each review with a bogus response making it look like they care. I highly advise you to avoid this company at all costs!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Nextiva We are a pediatric office and have been with them since October

We are a pediatric office and have been with them since October. The implementation was a nightmare, we had our initial call in Oct and they never truly took the time to get to know our current process and what we needed. I found myself logging into the system and teaching myself how to read the system and question why the business hours were not listed or how are the calls routed, things that the implementation manager should have reviewed. The communication was horrible, it was like pulling teeth to get her to answer questions, when we were scheduled to cut over our lines we were never given instructions on how the process would go down only that it was happening. The phone numbers ported over and we were live at 1pm when our phones should have been off and our implementation manager was no where to be found! We were left to figure things out and her excuse was that she had an appointment and didn't realize the phones would be on at 1pm (4pm EST). Then we are testing the lines to make sure our patients can get through, several changes needed to be made. It was as if we were building out our system on a trial by error. When it cam time for the phones to go off at 5pm PST, guess what they didn't go off. This has been our entire experience and now our account manager doesn't feel the need to respond to my emails as we deal with an issue that has been on going since day one. We use park lines on our phones to place callers on hold, this allows anyone in either location to pick up a call. Sometimes the park extensions are visible on the phone and sometimes they are not YES they disappear and no one has an answer for me or a work around that could resolve this issue. How frustrated would you be if someone told you you have a call on park 1 and you have 0 parks on your phone. It is inefficient to run a business when you have to make adjustments based on what your phone screen will allow. I would not recommend this business especially not for a medical practice!

S
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Nextiva Hello ***,Though I am receiving communications from *** I have grown quite tired of the run around and lack of assistance

Hello ***,Though I am receiving communications from *** I have grown quite tired of the run around and lack of assistance. I have spent since February 15, 2022 trying to work through and get my VOIP phone lines working all while paying for $901.72 worth of equipment and set up fees along with my monthly fee of $79.67. I do not appreciate *** telling me that I have declined proper procedures and protocols, and that this is my personal problem. Let me explain I will be contacting the complaintsboard.com, Along with Corporate though if they behave like *** I seriously doubt it will matter, in addition I will add reviews wherever possible and I will be happy to post every email communication showing this companies inability to assist nor their concern with their clients money, and services. I will be cancelling my services which YOU have failed to implement properly and filing all the proper documentation with my banking institution to ensure that all monies paid are reimbursed back to me. This is inappropriate, unprofessional, and a complete failure on your company's part to get our VOIP systems up and running. In addition my IT technical support team spent hours working with your technical support team to which *** was so kind to let me know that we should make an appointment for technical assistance regardless of the complete disruptions that Nextiva is causing my company, how nice it is for a company to *** out and not provide (1) blithering service and to then behave as though it is the clients fault. In addition *** has told us that our original router and modem were not compatible to which your technical support team told me that was not true either but not before I had already spent another several hundred dollars, but that is most likely my fault as well according to Nextiva. Therefore I absolutely do not have any faith in Nextiva at this point nor their customer service, or onboarding teams abilities.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Nextiva Warning! I signed up 11/29 for Nextiva trail promotion and decided to cancel

Warning! I signed up 11/29 for Nextiva trail promotion and decided to cancel. I notified the sells rep by phone and email 12/6 that I will not move forward with this service. I later received an email about setting up my new account. I contacted the sells rep and sent an email to the support center stating that I cancelled the trail account and I do not want their services. I received an email stating a case has been created 12/17. One month later I receive another email with a *** and new account notice1-6-22. I was charged again and was told that the cancellation department never receive my cancellation notice until today January 6th, therefore I could not be refunded for December. I reiterated that the sells rep was aware and a case was created by your customer support department on December 17th. I was charged and should not have been charged and I expected to be refunded but instead I was charged again in January. The account was eventually cancelled after spending 4-5hours trying to get InTouch with someone to go through a cancellation process. I should have never been required to do all these extra steps because I did not complete the sign up during the trial, I did not sign the agreement and I notified the rep who did not mention an additional cancellation process that was required. The person who cancelled the service stated that I was not intitled to a refund because I did not follow the cancellation process. It was a trail and moving forward is based on my decision to sign up for services which I did not do, therefore what other cancellation process is there to follow other then letting the sell person know that I have no intention on moving forward and I sent an email to the customer service who created a case, that obviously went no where. I never agreed to a long term or month to month service agreement with them, therefore I should have been refunded all of my money. I never used their services even through the trial period. POOR BUSINESS ETHICS AND SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES! IS THIS CONSIDERED FRAUD? THEY DO NOT DESIRE EVEN ONE STAR!

H
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Nextiva I am 100% convinced every single positive review of this company is fake

I am 100% convinced every single positive review of this company is fake. I have never, in all my years of customer service encountered a worse company. We entered into a 36 month contract with them in 2019 and I have nothing but regrets. The salesman talked a big game and it all looked above board and reasonably-priced. However, from the day service was to start, we've had issues. We only have 2 phone lines for reps who work from home-should be simple. Their user interface and set up may as well be in ancient Greek, as difficult as it is for me to understand. A rep even admitted to me at one point that it's very hard to learn and they spend weeks training to learn the basics. The desk phones have never worked for more than a day without having to re-boot. When I was told our internet service provider (which I cannot change due to the area we are in) was incompatible with their desk phones, I asked for a refund on the equipment we rent and they would not give us one--so I have useless phones sitting on our offices. When I switched to using their desktop app, I was met with a program that crashes 3-5 times a day--it always prompts me to send a "crash report" back to Nextiva and that fails to upload every time---so when I call customer service to complain, they state that they have no record of any crashes and to uninstall and re-install the app (this never worked for me)... Cumulative hours spent on the phone and sharing my screen with customer service is little to no help, not to mention that I don't have time to call every time there is a problem. After giving up on the desktop app, I began to use the *** app. Any time I receive a call while talking to someone else, the call I am on fails when I try to push the incoming call to voicemail. When a voicemail is able to be left, I can't listen to it through the app, because it causes it to crash, so I have to listen to the copy sent to my email. Text messages sent by customers are received hours or days later, if at all. I am counting the days until my contract is up, since they have no Standards of Service promising quality in exchange for our timely payments.

Nextiva DO *** BUY FROM **** COMPANY

DO *** BUY FROM *** COMPANY. *** BEWARE.I work in IT for an government emergency services agency, and after doing our search online with reviews and speaking with the sales staff of about 13 different companies, what *** was offering us sounded amazing! It had seemed like all of our hard work researching had paid off. Well it was too good to be true.We were promised a reasonable rate of approximately $200 a month for all of our phone numbers, and enough concurrent calls to suit our needs. Fast forward to 3 months later, our *** was astronomical, I'm talking $500 a month for *** only service. We felt lied to and cheated. I called to find out why, only to discover, our *** didn't work there anymore. Which is fine, I get people come and go, and that's a normal part of business, but in the 2 years we had services with them, we had 9 account managers. Every time I called, we had a new account manager! Additionally, we kept finding hidden charges on our account.On top of that, the agency is tax and fee exempt, and shouldn't be paying any taxes or any consumer/business fees. *** continuously kept charging us sales tax, and fees despite us submitting our exemption paperwork 6 separate times. When it was finally proven, almost a year and six months later, that we were tax and fee exempt, instead of refunding all the taxes and fees they had collected from us since we signed up, they offered us a $30 credit on our next ***.From the time we signed up, to the time they offered the credit they had collected over $800 alone in taxes and fees, $30 was a slap in the face. Just prior to the 2 year *** of our original activation of the account with ***, we submitted a transfer request for our numbers, only to find out that *** "had no record of a transfer request", despite our other provider submitting it to them 22 days prior to the transfer date!This company is one to avoid. I've been in IT for almost 30 years and in that time, choosing *** is easily the biggest mistake I've ever made in my career. Buyer beware. AVOID *** COMPANY.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Nextiva Inept teams; shoddy ethics; customer harassment

Inept teams; shoddy ethics; customer harassment. With the first half hour as an exception, the remainder of my complete experience with Nextiva was lousy. Here's a piece I'm posting on social media today (having warned Nextiva several times that I would do this): NEXTIVA: Inept teams; shoddy ethics; customer harassment Having decided to change from landline to VoIP telephone service, I went to the Internet and contacted NEXTIVA. I was assigned an account exec, in good faith completed the necessary paperwork and paid the initial processing fee of $45. In good faith also, I approved the contract for a new telephone they recommended.When the new phone arrived I contacted my NEXTIVA account exec and began the process of changing from landline to NEXTIVA VoIP. After the first hour of this effort I began thinking the process was not working well. During the second hour a tech expert was introduced to the discussion. As we approached the third hour of fruitless effort I was seriously reconsidering the entire thing. Well into the third hour, still with not even a dial tone, the tech expert announced NEXTIVA had sent the wrong phone.At that point I said enough, and instructed them to terminate my account. On the following day I returned their unused phone in the same box, to the same address from which it was sent, using *** with a tracking number and required signature upon receipt. My termination decision was received with the finesse of a jilted lover. Four weeks and nine (9) contacts later, NEXTIVA is still harassing me: four personal conversations; four extensive explanatory emails; one attempt at billing me for a months payment on the returned phone. In spite of their totally failed efforts, they have not reimbursed my deposit of $45, and they continue to demand I pay for the phone, which never worked, and was returned. Their seventh (7th) contact came in the form of a *** for a months payment on the returned phone. In the eighth (8th) contact as I attempted to discuss the phone billing, they said they could not locate my account. In the ninth (9th) contact, their customer service guy basically claimed to be helpless in addressing these issues.So I am turning to social media plus the Complaintsboard.com and Chamber of Commerce for remediation. The moral of this story is: If you are interested in a VoIP provider, love working with inept teams, find shoddy business ethics enticing, and enjoy customer harassment, remember the name, ***.

Nextiva Please, please do your research before even contacting Nextiva

Please, please do your research before even contacting Nextiva. After looking into voIP for our small business, we settled on Nextiva based on the ease of use of their website, and it being voted the best voIP in 2019 + 2020 from several reputable websites. After starting a month to month contract with Nextiva for 5 phones, we were told we'd be sent one wireless adapter to try to "see if we like it". We were also offered free phones as incentives for signing up. When the phones came, we realized that we needed wireless adapters for all the phones as we didn't have access to additional ethernet ports. I went out and purchased adapters locally to hopefully expedite the set up process, only to be reamed by our account manager for not telling him sooner. We then find out that the adapters will not work with Nextiva phones, and that we had to pay $120 for 4 adapters to be sent to us. After receiving them, we realized one phone was not working at all, but was quickly fixed by tech support. From there, radio silence. When I was trained on the system, my screen never matched up with the account managers, and I didn't understand what he was talking about. A few weeks later, he asked me to demo the new updated system, and that's when I realized I had the updated one the entire time. When I told the manager, he said I was wrong, and that there was no way. Later, when we were finally able to really try the system (many shutdowns and weeks working from home during COVID-19), my team and I realized it just wasn't what we wanted from a phone service. They also snuck various extra fees in our charges, what was quoted to us over the phone/video chat wasn't reflected in our contract, and continued to tell us we were at fault for any issues we were having. When I told our account manager that I wanted to cancel, he told us it'd be $300 in shipping to return the phones, as well as a 40% restocking fee, and this was news to us. After chatting with support, they offered to credit us for the month that we paid for service but were unable to use the phones without the wifi adapters, but only if we stayed with Nextiva. I reached out again to support to let them know that we would not be moving forward, and I didn't hear a response for several days. After support finally called me, I was told again and again we were in the wrong, that we agreed to the return policy in the terms and conditions we signed. I asked him to provide me with a copy of these terms, with the exact verbiage highlighted, I was told that in the terms and conditions, we agreed to read their online policies and abide by them. I let him know that without my signature on that exact policy, that I would not be taking that as an answer. They now refuse to give me a credit because that was only if we continued with them, and told me it's my own fault for not reading a policy on their website (that is nowhere to be found, after looking into it.) Reading their cancellation policy, they will only refund you if you "have not used over 50% of the allowed minutes in your metered subscription plan or 500 minutes in an unlimited plan, you did not receive a free device, and you are not subject to a minimum commitment contract, you may cancel and be eligible for a refund of equipment, activation and subscription fees." The money-back guarantee that we kept getting promised is also null and void if you receive a free device. You also cannot cancel service, and then port the number to another company, you can only begin porting if your account is active and in good standing.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Nextiva Honestly I do not know where to start, I decided to have a 36 month contract with this company because the sales man made it seem so perfect,

Honestly I do not know where to start, I decided to have a 36 month contract with this company because the sales man made it seem so perfect, what made me want to add a line with nextiva was because they had a phone app so I don't miss any calls. Basically I got this bundle in November, I did not use the phone at all because my business was not running and I didn't have internet yet. 2 weeks ago I put internet in my building and gave nextiva a call to get it set up, when the representative asked for my number I gave it to him and he said that number is not in their records, I was shocked but didn't think anything of it so I provided him with my account number and he said that there was a different number on my account, in complete shock I explained to him that they cannot do that with my permission and I already put up my store signs, business cards and flyers, he said to give him some time and he will speak to the porting team and see what is going on, he put me on hold for more then an hour and couldn't get in touch with porting because it was a weekend, he didn't know how to set up the phone I rented from their company and told me he can almost guarantee that if I call on Monday they will solve my problem. I called Monday and spoke to multiple people and explained my situation they all said we cannot give this phone number back because it is a broken number and they can only provide me with a different number, I asked to speak to a supervisor and all the representatives refused to transfer me, finally I decided to contact Chris Herrera the guy that set up my account he never answers the phone so I had to email him and tell him that I am going to leave him a review and his service was bad... he gave me a call after that email and added his colleague, his collegue promised to ether solve my issue or do whatever it takes to make me happy and I should wait 24-48 hours, 3 days passed and I will constantly call and email Chris to see what happened, if he would respond he will say its still pending with the carrier, the last email he said was by Monday the earliest. Monday which was 3 days ago I call no one has answers for me I end up speaking with a supervisor who was understanding and he informed me that the phone number is broken and there is no way to get it back. I was on this call for 4 hours, no solution, I asked for them to pay a partial amount of my loses because now I have to change all of my advertisements, he Said that it sounded fair but he has to speak to his manager, when he came back he informed me that they cannot do that and they are willing to give me 1 month free and lower my bill to 20$ a month instead of 25$ that's what he offered to right their wrongs, I obvisuoly refused, then he offered 2 months and then even three in which I still refused because that is not even 10% of the amount I am paying to fix there mistakes. Finally he transfers me Senior Customer Relations Manager and he offers the same thing and I refused again and told him my story again finally he says send me an invoice of how much your signs costed so I did and he told me to wait 24-48 hours he will call me and tell me what they decide. he did not call I had to keep calling and emailing. finally he called me today and informed me that they can online waive 3 months of payments for me and that's it I refused again and said cancel my account... you guys will never guess what this company has the audacity to do,,,, he said that there will be a penalty if I cancel, so I freaked out and told hm I am not paying a dime and will be taking actions, then he put me on hold and came back saying he can lower that penalty fee which is over 900$ by 25% which would be over 700$, after I told him again that I am going to take legal actions and leave reviews he finally promised to "try"and waive that penalty fee... so there is my story now I have to wait 72 hours to see if my penalty will be waived. This company is the worst I had to deal with 2 weeks of long phone calls and no solution! the guy that started my account didn't even test the number in the first place, they changed my number without my permission after I payed and made all my advertisements and cannot give me that number back! and are trying to make me pay a penalty fee! my word needs to get out to everyone considering using this phone company please do not they're service is horrible and you aren't really saving any money verizon is cheaper and they give you a free phone!

Nextiva In February 2022, I ordered service from Nextiva

In February 2022, I ordered service from Nextiva. I submitted phone numbers to be ported, ordered wi-fi ready phones, which my rep said they had, and waited for the phones to be delivered. Onboarding sent an email with a date and time for the call. I was on another call when he called and he said he could not wait, that he would have to reschedule for a later date. In the meantime, I tried to connect the phones and discovered that they were not wi-fi ready, they needed a dongle. I contacted my representative and he agreed to send the dongles out immediately. Several days later I got an email that I needed to pay extra for the dongles (because they didn't send the right phones.) Also, some of the phone numbers that I submitted to Nextiva were entered incorrectly and the service never got initiated. When it came time for the next onboarding, prior to the day for the session, I got an email that told me to go in to my router settings and change several of the settings - I am not an IT person and I don't have an IT person so I was confused about that. I called my rep and he said that shouldn't be necessary, he would contact onboarding to get it verified. I never heard back from my rep or onboarding. The phones never did get set up, the lines never did get ported, the service was never initiated but I had already sent them money to initiate the agreement. After all of the inaccuracy, I decided to just cancel the service. They then said I would have to pay an early termination fee to the tune of $2653.00. Their policy is if you cancel within 30 days you get a full refund and they will cancel the agreement. They are still harassing me over the early termination fee. Also, on their website there is a press release that states that they will not bind any customer to a contract or add a penalty for cancellation of services. I want them to accept that I canceled, that I do not owe them anything, send me a label to send the phones back and send me my refund.

L. Breitenberg
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Nextiva has showed up on our credit card bill and has been charging us monthly since April. They have continued to charge *** $11.06 monthly. Neither my wife or I have even heard of this company let alone made some kind of account. We contacted Nextiva, with great difficulty, and the confirmed we dont have an account with them, and because we dont have an account they cant cancel our subscription, they told us to work it out with our credit card. So we took every action possible including getting a new credit card with a new number, and somehow we are still getting a charge from this mystery company. Our credit card company is still investigating the problem we are coming up on $100 of charges from someone we dont even know. I can only see this as theft. We have invested countless hours on the phone with this issue. It is now almost January and nothing has changed. We want our money back and our time.

D. Bechtelar
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We are current customers of Nextiva. We started to have issues with service, more particularly with the Nextiva One app. We rely heavily on the app and thus when they chose to make the boneheaded decision to eliminate the nextiva app and spin up a nextiva one app without proper testing we starting to have issues. We opened up several tickets which they can confirm. At some point about 6-8 months later we said to them "look guys it seems you cant seem to solve our issues, please understand that we must move on if these issues are not solved" They agreed and apologized. We ported numbers out to Ring Central which we were open and upfront about. Now we are ready to cancel and they are non responsive. I keep getting told it was escalated to management and nothing is done. They will continue to charge me without my approval? I asked them to remove my credit card information from the file and they said that they could not, This is absurd that they can do this.

A. Terry
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On Sept 18th I communicated to Nextiva that I sold my business and needed to cancel my 4 lines. I had fulfilled my 3 year agreement and I was supposed to be in a month to month. They communicated to me that I renew into a 3 year term based on their Terms and Condition. I did not agree to another 3 years. So we compromised on cancelling2 lines and I would keep 2 lines for another year. The employee name was *** who then proceeded to cancel my lines and their tech team cancelled the wrong line and my business was shut down for 2 days. Then they cancelled the lines but continued to charge me for 4 lines September OCtober and November. I sent multiple emails finally spoke to *** again who said her Supervisor did not approve. I reitirated that I had fulfilled my 3 year agreement and this was not legal. She told me she would try again and then sends me a contract for 2 lines for another 3 year term which I did not agree to. We agreed to one year. Then I get another contract for 10 year agreement. I sent over multiple emails to recap and never received response. At this point I just want a refund back to September and for them to stop charging me. They are shady as can be and have a history of doing this.

D. Hahn
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am trying to cancel Nextiva account since 11/29/2022. Daily calls, chat requests and tickets were requested and sent with not one of those answered, returned or confirmed. They charged me on 12/14/22.

Nextiva On June 16, our business purchased a subscription to Nextiva

On June 16, our business purchased a subscription to Nextiva. The purchase decision was made based on a demo that included 1. The ability to delete voicemails. Our business receives many hundreds of voicemails each week, so our staff needs a way to organize them. 2. A compact app that fits into a corner of the computer screen, facilitating multitasking.We emphasized in the demo that these were important features for us. Nextiva demonstrated their app could provide them.Immediately upon switching from our old VOIP provider to Nextiva, Nextiva prompted us to upgrade to their new app, which we did. The new app did not offer the ability to delete or organize voicemails, resulting in chaos at our office. The new app is also huge, taking up the entire computer screen, severely slowing our office workflow.We complained to Nextiva. They promised the functionalities we needed would be added soon. (Ticket # ***.) We asked to be downgraded to the old app from the demo, but Nextiva said there was no way to revert to the old app. Despite several follow-up calls to Nextiva over the course of a month, the app was not updated with the features wed seen in the demo. Nextiva could only offer vague assurances that the new app would improve over time.We cancelled our Nextiva account on September 16, and they kindly waived our cancellation fee. Over the course of our relationship with Nextiva, however, we paid them $658.86 for the service we saw in the demoa service they never provided. Instead, Nextiva forced us to upgrade to a new, radically different app, lacking some critical features of its former app. We requested a refund for the full amount we had paid, but Nextiva denied our request.We are again requesting a refund for $658.86, which we feel is the bare minimum compensation necessary given the loss of revenue to our business and the many payroll hours consumed due to our switch to Nextivas app.Nextivas ticket #s for this complaint are *** and ***.

B. Nicolas
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I call into the customer service phone number and requested a cancelation of the account. I got a case number and was told that the request was put in. Weeks later I am still getting emails about my next bill payment coming up. There is no way to remove my card from the website and calling in just gets the rep routing me to different departments that keep me on hold hoping you give up. Having no cancel option on the website in your profile is deceptive business actions and the company should be investigated for their actions. Each time I call I keep getting routed to someone else and no one can ensure the account is canceled.

M. Steuber
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have an annual plan for their online FAX. I canceled the plan in late October and was billed in December for the next year. I have sent three emails, opened two cases, and talked with their customer service only to be told the billing department does not accept phone calls and the only way to contact them is by email.It has been eight days and I have not heard from anyone about the money charged to my credit card for a service I do not need. I need someone to resolve this issue and issue me a refund.My case number is ***.

D. Considine
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have an account for my phone numbers. I have 9 numbers that were ported to the company. In June I found out that my account had been deactivated for non payment. I informed the Rep that my account was on auto payment but my card had been replaced. I then paid my outstanding invoices.I informed the Rep that I wasn't getting any invoices, so to PLEASE be sure to send invoices. I told the Rep that I had been paying for over a year, even though I hadn't been able to set the account up. He said, that because I had signed a contract that I would not get anyone to really help me because they didn't have to since I was obligated to pay. I was not happy about that, and sent in complaints to the company. But never got any resolution. I put my account again on auto-pay.Today I find out that though no invoices have been sent (again)My account was cancelled shortly after my last encounter with Nextiva in June.Now, all my numbers are gone, and no one at the company can tell me what happened to the numbers I paid for (up to 300$)Because of Covid19 I was waiting to get everything set up for 2023 But now my numbers are lost (forever?) according to the Reps

C. Kulas
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I sent an email in September, per Nextiva's instruction on their website, requesting my service to be cancelled. I received and email saying my request was being reviewed. They received another email stating the case was closed so I assumed my account was closed. I was wrong just checked my credit card bill and I am still be billed. Sent another email earlier this week and heard nothing back so I called. I was on the telephone for over an 1hr 10mins, spoke to 2 people, was told they need to send be a signature cancelation email and I said fine. I then asked about getting a credit for the past 3 months and was told he would have to investigate and put me on hold, for over 30minutes before the line cut off. I am not sure what to do next.

Nextiva has left an official reply on this complaint.

Nextiva *** Psychiatry signed a 2 year contract with Nextiva on July 14th and purchased a phone and fax system on advice from Nexiva sales

Psychiatry signed a 2 year contract with Nextiva on July 14th and purchased a phone and fax system on advice from Nexiva sales representative Antonio Lopes. In March *** Psychiatry required additional phone lines due to many emergencies and phone calls coming through for the 5,000 patients in the practice. Nextiva was unable to provide extra phone lines and stated the equipment was outdated and required an upgrade. They were unable to add additional lines and patients safety and ability to reach their medical providers was severely compromised. We did not desire a complete phone upgrade that would cost over $2000 and phones were down for two days. *** Psychiatry elected to utilize Viirtue phone company for telecommunications, add an additional six lines and purchased no new equipment. Now patients can reach their doctors during a pandemic and not go to voicemail. We have over 150 calls a day during the pandemic and health/safety of our patients will always come first. Nextiva states the contract was for two years but their is an autorenewal and will not allow the contract to be dropped which was extended to 7/14 despite not being able to provide the service and asking us to pay over $2,000 for new phones that arent even 3 yrs old. The contract although signed for nextiva based in arizona violates florida law section 501.165 whereby we received no autorenewal notice. Customer Relations_OCEO To*** Tue, May 12 at 12:46 PM Dr. Phelps, When it comes to the contract, after speaking with my manager and looking through the cases, we unfortunately cannot cease the contract. This is due to the fact that since you have outdated equipment, the issue for connecting new phone lines was because of the outdated equipment and not due to the phone lines themselves. If you were to update your equipment, we would be able to provide extra phone lines. This is going to be with any VOIP.

Y
Y
Y. Cummings
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Attempting to cancel a subscription that moved from 24 months (started in 2016) to month-month several years ago. They confirmed it as month-month in a call we had on October 5th when we also asked if they could integrate with our new online CRM system (which they cannot). So we have had no choice but to find a different supplier. Now that I wish to cancel they claim auto-renewing terms (but they switched their terms midstream with no proper notification nor signatures). I have spent at least 5 hours with their support team either in chat, or via email or on the phone. Today they told me the cancellation was approved and they just had to finish the paperwork, only to be left on hold for over 35 minutes and then to get an email at the end of today reverting back. I have had enough. There is enough information on Complaintsboard.com.org and with my own records to prove fraudulent behavior. They are not letting people out of their contracts.

C. Schuster
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am trying to cancel Nextiva account since 10/28/2022. Daily calls, chat requests and tickets were requested and sent with not one of those answered, returned or confirmed. I was charged on 11/11 and then again 12/11 for monthly subscription for Nextiva for account that was cancelled. Not able to talk to anyone. Looking for my refund for 2 month charges. I have switched my phones and faxes to Vonage account on 10/28/2022.

A. Jaskolski
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I recently switched over to Nextiva with high hopes about the service though have had nothing but problems with our account. In trying to make adjustments to how our phone systems are set up we continually run into problems. Calls have been dropped, or the system faults and does to forward as it should. The app for this service continues to fail. The previous provider we have for our phone systems did not have any of the issues we have encountered and we will be returning to this service. Every time we call into support we are faced with lengthy wait times and with staff that are not able to fix the issues we have. We are not requesting a refund for services, though are requesting that the remaining portion of our contract be voided and we are allowed to exit this service. This has been the most complicating and headache ridden experience we have had to date!

J. Schinner
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I contacted Nextiva to cancel my account, below is the email I received after that:Dear Customer,Your Case has been received and a member of our staff will review it and reply accordingly.Listed below are details of this Case.Case #: *** Subject: Cancel my account Department: CR Relations Status: Open Please do let us know if we can assist you any further.Nextiva I never received any reply from them about cancellation of my account. There is no way to cancel the account online and I feel that they have made the process cumbersome just so that people get discouraged and do not cancel account. I contacted customer support by chat and was asked to call a number. I called them and was on hold for an hour and no live person came. I just want to make sure the account is closed right away. I should not be charged for the cost after the date I cancelled as I am not under any contract and can cancel anytime.

Nextiva has left an official reply on this complaint.

Nextiva I signed up with Nextiva for VOIP service for my office on the recommendation of a colleague

I signed up with Nextiva for VOIP service for my office on the recommendation of a colleague. My sales person suggested that I sign a 12 month contract to get a discount for new phones compatible with their service at that time. However after receiving their phones 2 days later, I was unable to have usable service or fully functional devices after spending over 8 hours on the phone with their customer support team. Here is a detailed timeline of my interactions with their team:on 12/14 I ordered new phones and signed a contracton 12/16 I received the phones at 11am and immediately called support to set up the phones. I was on the phone with support until 4pm that day trying to get the phones configured and working. During that time the phones were provisioned and ringing, however the lines on the phones were not set up properly, the call analytics were not working and call flow was not working. The voicemail could not be recorded and set up online. After spending 5 hours on the phone I was exhausted and sent an email asking for escalation of support. Overnight the escalation team supposedly set up a functioning call flow.The next day on 12/17 I received an email response from the escalation team stating that call flow had been set up however the numbers were no longer ringing. Once again the call analytics were not working either and no new call flow or voicemail could be set up. I spent 2.5 additional hours on the phone with the escalation team that afternoon. The evening of 12/17 I called support again and spent another hour which did not achieve any further result.I spent 7-8 hours on the phone over 2 days and requested and received support from the escalation team which was unable to help achieve any of the goals for me to have a usable service (phones were not ringing with the assigned numbers, Call analytics were not working, Lines were not set up on the devices). I requested cancellation of my contract on 12/19 (5 days after signing)

E. Runolfsson
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I signed up for for VOIP with Nextiva many years ago and have use their service without issue. My monthly bill comes directly out of my busniess account. Recently I noticed two bills in one month in my statement. I looked back and saw that they had been doing this for about a year. They had a second account for me. I didn't sign up for a second account. I tried to contact them to let them know that I was being double billed. They said I wasnt being double billed. I have all this in emails. So their response was that I wasnt doubled billed but I was billed once each month for each account. I told them I dont have two accounts. Why would I have two accounts? This has been going on for months. I wait on *** for hours at a time and can't get any anwers. Today I finally got someone on the phone and she couldnt figure out why I had tow accounts. There would be no reason for it. I asked for all my money back and I wanted to cancel with them. They basically tried to blackmale me into getting my money back. Said if I canceled with my new company and stayed with them they would think about a refund. I told them I will not be blackmaled. Then they sent me a termination email for my account which I gladly signed and sent back. Then she said she was sending me another email termination for the other account and they would wave the early termination fee. I said I won't sign anything like that because it was not my account and that would be admitting to it being my account. So they wont terminate the account that I did not sign up for and will not refund my money. I will be contacting a lawyer if you can ot help me get my momey back. They were very rude and knew that I was right because they couldnt even tell me how or why this other account had been set up. It has all my information but a product that I am not even sure what it is. I pay for all the services I needed with my original account.

M. Wehner
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We utilized nextiva for our office phone system, and for the most part had minimal issues. As we increased our office staff, we started having more issues with our phones, and realized we needed to add a few lines to reduce the number of users sharing lines.We agreed to the initial 36 month term, which was OK service. Again, had some issues but nothing we couldnt deal with. After our original 36 month term, our service contract just had renewed for another 36 month term because we didnt notify them of canceling the contract. Again, this would be perfectly fine. IF our phones were working well. We had constant dropped calls, people couldnt hear us, phones had to constantly be restarted. After several tries with customer service we had no luck, so we were finally able to get ahold of an account manager or someone within *** that seemed to care. We asked to upgrade our services and add THREE additional lines to our plan. This never happened, and still to this day the two account managers we dealt with have not responded to phone calls or emails. So after several follow up phone calls and emails with no results, we switch to a *** phone service. The reason for the Complaintsboard.com complaint is because nextiva is now stating that we owe them for the remainder of our contract totaling $1,700.00. I can even get ahold of someone that is willing to look into the fact that we had poor service and didnt get the additional lines added. Im happy to pay for a service, but if we dont get the services we are paying for, we are not responsible to pay that remaining contract amount.If they had added the additional phone lines and improved our problems, we never would have switched.

J. Schmitt
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have followed all the directions to cancel my nextiva account since 09/10/2022 they responded October 4 2022 and to date they havent cancelled the account. I would like my three months of charges refunded and the service cancelled

D. Upton
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Our contract was due to end in August 2022. We informed them that we would not be signing a new contract, but they have continued to charge *** on a monthly basis. Each step of the way they have passed us over to other people within the organization and refused to acknowledge our request to terminate service.

Nextiva has left an official reply on this complaint.

Nextiva Nextiva must be going through some sort of company-wide collapse the last few months

Nextiva must be going through some sort of company-wide collapse the last few months. This all started when we received our monthly invoice on Nov. 26th from their new automated email system that included a line item stating "Contract duration: 11/26/2022- 11/25/2024". This is absolute nonsense, as we have been on a month-to-month agreement with Nextiva for over a year now. Since that email 9 days ago we have called half a dozen times and raised just as many separate cases to resolve this matter. After long waits to even reach someone I am then given roughly the same poor advice; to wait for CR (Customer Relations) to get back to me because its a billing matter they are not empowered to resolve. A couple times I put my number in the call-back system, but was never called. A couple other times I called I was told by the support rep that they have contacted CR and they will be giving me a call or email reply back. Only today, after 9 days, do I get any email reply and, sadly, it is the worst kind of response. This vague email response reads as follows; In regards to the Nextiva auto-renewal claus you agreed too when signing up for service. The mutually signed agreement states that written notice must be recieved 30 days prior to expiration... Hope this helps. There is no case number referenced or documentation attached, just this boilerplate response in broken English they are assuredly sending frequently now to disappointed customers. The absolute bare minimum effort has been given here with no real attempt to resolve the issue, as there is no need to give 30 days notice if we're not cancelling so it's irrelevant to even mention when we were already on month-to-month. My response to this email was to ask for documentation and details, and of course no reply as of this writing. Frankly, this whole experience is unacceptable. There is no reason we would continue working with Nextiva after this ordeal despite our very positive initial experience 5 years ago.

Nextiva In-depth Review

Overview:

Nextiva is a leading provider of communication solutions, offering a range of services to businesses of all sizes. With a strong background in the industry, Nextiva has established itself as a reliable and innovative company.

Product/Service Offerings:

Nextiva offers a comprehensive suite of communication products and services. Their offerings include voice over IP (VoIP) phone systems, video conferencing solutions, team messaging, and more. One of the unique features of Nextiva is their advanced analytics and reporting capabilities, which provide valuable insights for businesses. Pricing plans are flexible and tailored to meet the specific needs of each customer.

Customer Support:

Nextiva's customer support channels are top-notch, with options for phone, email, and live chat support. Their support team is known for their quick response time and effectiveness in resolving issues. Additionally, Nextiva provides a robust knowledge base, FAQs, and tutorials to empower customers with self-help resources.

Reliability and Performance:

Nextiva boasts excellent system reliability and uptime, ensuring uninterrupted communication for businesses. Voice calls and video conferencing are of high quality and offer fast and seamless performance. While occasional reported issues or downtime may occur, Nextiva promptly addresses and resolves them.

User Experience:

Nextiva's website and mobile applications are user-friendly and easy to navigate. The user interface is intuitive, allowing users to quickly access the desired features and functionalities. Nextiva also offers customization options and personalization features, enabling businesses to tailor the communication experience to their specific needs.

Integration and Compatibility:

Nextiva is compatible with various devices and operating systems, ensuring a seamless experience across different platforms. The service also integrates smoothly with popular business tools and software, enhancing productivity and efficiency. Additionally, Nextiva offers a wide range of third-party integrations to further streamline workflows.

Security and Privacy:

Nextiva prioritizes the security and privacy of customer data. They implement robust measures to protect sensitive information and comply with industry standards and regulations. Encryption and data protection protocols are in place to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of data.

Scalability and Flexibility:

Nextiva is highly scalable and flexible, making it an ideal choice for growing businesses. They offer options for adding or removing users, upgrading plans, and scaling the service to meet changing needs. Nextiva also provides flexibility in terms of contract length and cancellation policies, giving businesses the freedom to adapt as required.

Reputation and Customer Feedback:

Nextiva has built a strong reputation in the industry and is highly regarded by customers. Positive customer feedback and testimonials highlight the reliability, quality, and value of Nextiva's services. Additionally, reputable sources consistently rate Nextiva highly for their communication solutions.

Pros and Cons:

Nextiva offers numerous advantages, including a wide range of communication solutions, advanced analytics capabilities, and excellent customer support. However, some customers may find the pricing plans slightly higher compared to competitors. Overall, Nextiva provides a comprehensive and reliable communication solution with great value.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, Nextiva is a highly recommended communication solution provider. With their extensive product offerings, reliable performance, excellent customer support, and commitment to security and privacy, Nextiva stands out as a top choice for businesses of all sizes. Their scalability and flexibility make them particularly suitable for growing businesses.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Nextiva customer service

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Nextiva?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Nextiva Customer Service. Initial Nextiva complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Nextiva above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Nextiva. Discuss the issues you have had with Nextiva and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.