Neibauer Dental Groupsketchy

My ex-husband took my daughter to have her wisdom out at the Garrisonville office. My ex and my daughter both told me that an oral surgeon would be taking out her wisdom teeth. My daughter was nervous and scared about the procedure and wanted to be put out. I called her after her procedure and she told me that they gave her novacaine!! I called the office and asked if they had an oral surgeon. The receptionist said they had a doctor that extracts wisdom teeth. I asked that if he was an oral surgeon. In a lowered tone she said he was not a board certified oral surgeon and that he was an orthodontist. I would be very careful going to this chain.

• St
    stretchpants Mar 16, 2011

• Sh
    shoulihan Mar 06, 2011

Dear Mr. stretchpants,
    I am aggrieved to hear of your daughter's experience at my Neibauer Dental Office. It is never our intention to deceive or mislead a patient regarding our doctors qualifications. Not only is that practice of misinformation lacking integrity but it is illegal as well. We are a company that values integrity and transparency and it is disheartening to learn that a patient feels that we have been at the very least evasive. I believe I know of the doctor you are referencing and I can assure you although he is not an oral surgeon, he is more than qualified to preform third molar extractions and has completed successfully as many as some oral surgeons. All doctors are trained to preform extraction procedure, however, oral surgeons are usually able to preform more of the complicated surgery procedures along with being able to offer their patient IV sedation. This particular doctor is an instructor at a very prestigious dental university in the area and is well known and respected within the professional community for his skill, knowledge and care for his patients. It is the intention and expectation of the Neibauer Dental family to ensure our patients are optimally cared for. Thank you for your information as we are always working to improve our patient/customer experience and service. I am at your service to discuss you daughter's visit if you would like to contact me at [email protected]
    Suki Houlihan, Regional VP, Neibauer Dental Care

• Va
    va_girl Mar 06, 2011

I was awake for the removal of all 4 impacted wisdom teeth. It is my understanding that unless the wisdom teeth are impacted a maxillofacial surgeon is not required.