Natuzzi LeatherDisposable furniture

H

We regrettably own Natuzzi living room furniture which we bought from Sofa Express. This turned out to be a double whammy. Sofa Express is now defunct in our area and the Natuzzi "leather" couch we bought through them is junk.

I followed the cleaning and conditioning product instructions given with (and paid for the lifetime refill program) the leather furniture to protect my warranty.

My sofas' seat cushions are so cracked I am ashamed for anyone to see it, let alone sit on it. I will never recommend Natuzzi to anyone unless they can afford "disposable" furniture because you'll just throw your money away if you purchase this product.

• Aa
    AAEll Nov 08, 2009

I had the same thing happen. I am so dissappionted. I saved up for this for along time. What can you do about this? I think it is a defect. Can we file a complaint & get a refund or exchange?

Marie F=-Dallas Nov 08, 2009

I have the same issue with my sofa. It has been cracked for over a year and today I discover a hole!! Is there no guarantees offered by Natuzzi. DO THEY STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS!! If so I'd like a refund...

• Co
    Cooky7 Dec 03, 2009

You should all know that its been reported today that;
    'Cary Benson has resigned as president of Natuzzi Americas, a spokeswoman for the Italy-based upholstery manufacturer confirmed. The company has not announced a replacement. Officials could not immediately be reached for comment.'

How convenient not having ANY Officials available for comment. Couldn't possibly be because Natuzzi have been reported to the SEc, and the US Dept of Justice and the UK's Office of Fair Trading, facing potential fines which could total up to $200m, and extradition and imprisonment for Italian directors? Resigning does not escape from a jail sentence or at least it shouldn't!

Noni22331 Dec 04, 2009

check this out, www.retail-week.com reported today;

December 4, 2009
    Upmarket furniture retailer Natuzzi has denied involvement in alleged price fixing, for which it has been reported to the Office of Fair Trading.
    The Italian-based retailer has been reported by independent Preston furniture retailer Cresta. The indie store claims Natuzzi tried to prevent it from selling goods more cheaply than Natuzzi does in its stores.

In a statement Natuzzi said: “The court will deal with all matters raised, including any allegations of resale price maintenance; allegations that Natuzzi are vigorously defending against.”

A Cresta spokesman said: “We will not be bullied into anything by Natuzzi. Consumers should be able to get the best price they can get.”
    Cresta, which has been selling Natuzzi goods for 17 years, claims it has taped conversations with Natuzzi which it will pass to the court.

An email from Natuzzi sent on October 12, 2007, by then managing director Nick Moore who is now managing director of Conran Shop, which has been seen by Retail Week, said he wanted Cresta to operate a fixed price policy, with a maximum discount in Sale periods of 20%, to match its own policy.

The Natuzzi executive wrote:
    “I would ask you do the same. It is obviously not in our interests to get into a price war!”

Cresta has been granted an injunction preventing Natuzzi from drawing on its bank guarantee at present.
    The OFT would not comment and Moore was unavailable.

• Lo
    Lorrainess Dec 17, 2011

Natuzzi Leather Sofa -Complaint
    I bought a Natuzzi Leather Sofa in August of 2010 from Sofa Mart with a good feeling that I would have at least 10 years of a durable sofa. Much to my surprise, while I was vacuuming between the cushions, I noticed sofa stuffing coming out of the cushion near the back seam. When I put my hand between the seat and back of the cushion, the seam came apart exposing the stuffing (cotton and foam rubber). I noticed and called Ron from the Sofa Mart in Brownsville Texas and told him about the sofa in November 2011. He told me that the 12 month warranty expired in August. This past August, I was in New Hampshire until November when I noticed the sofa coming apart. I had to leave to take care of my sick mother and she passed away. I stayed to take care of her estate. I didn't get the additional warranty because I had faith that my sofa would last at least for 5 years. When I asked if he knew anyone who could repair it he said he didn't know and showed no concern about my sofa that was falling apart. I did find an upholstery and when he came he put his hand the length of the sofa, he discovered that the seam on the other two cushions were falling apart. He had to bring the sofa to his shop and sewed the seam with a very durable material. I could not believe that Natuzzi would not have grade A materials to secure the leather. Well $300.00 later, another surprise when he brought the sofa unassembled and I could see the base of the sofa attached to the wood with staples and perhaps an inch of leather overlap! I got to see how my sofa was cheaply put together. This sofa is the third and last Natuzzi leather sofa that I would buy! Be cognizant of not just the exterior of the sofa but the durability, how and where it is made! Yes it is Natuzzi leather from Italy but manufactured in China!! No more Natuzzi for me.