National Readers ServicesPaying for magazines but not getting them

I Subscribed and paid this subscription of 2years ago and canceled the renewal service, with the email they gave me cause the number gave kept on going to a TO A FAX. But that obviously did'nt work because they automatically renewed my service. I didnt even get the magazines that i already made 3 payment of 49.95 for . I even checked there mailing address, and couldnt find it and even could'nt even find there web site. I have a customer service number but always wait too long. [protected]. Please help me if you can. my email is [protected]@yahoo.com.

• Do
    donalco Feb 24, 2009

I also subscribed to this, but had decided to cancel and not do the renewal as well. I actually cancelled within the 60 days allotted to cancel. Then, 7 months after I had cancelled it, they called me and are claiming that I never did. The other problem is that they never seem to send you anything that describes any activity in the mail. So, aside from a note that I wrote to myself about the cancellation, I have nothing to prove it. I now apparently owe them x amount per month for the next 30 mos of subscriptions I do not want, and know I cancelled. They also do that wonderful thing that practically traps you where they front the rest of the money for the renewal essentially binding you to whatever you owe. I'm still in the process of trying to get it sorted out, and yes the customer service number is a joke, no website, and no address. You wait forever trying to talk to someone. I believe their headquarters are somewhere in Kansas, which isn't much help. I'm hoping that people do not get themselves into this mess, because it is a ridiculous nightmare. I would advise anyone who wants a magazine subscription to do it directly through that magazine and not through any company like this. They'd only be asking for trouble.

• Je
    jeffrey Mar 16, 2009

I also recieved a phone call from the national reader's service publishers sweepstakes. i was able to write down alot of information regarding their information. they also gave me the same 800 #, but the caller ID on my phone gave me this number; 239-603-7238. do any of you recongnise it? and did any of you talk to Lisa or Waren. they just called me last week, so nothing has come in the mail or gone through my account. but now i'm not sure what to do.

• Je
    jerry Apr 19, 2009

they scam young people into thinking they have won money and a free diamond watch, tricking them into paying monthy payments for magazines, and you cannot cancel the subscription

• Su
    Susan Apr 29, 2009

I was able to cancel this iI hope. I told them the next call they get will be from my lawyer.

• Su
    Susan Apr 29, 2009

They are a big rip off. I can buy magazines at the store.