National Car Rental — bad customer service and being overcharged
On July 23, 2018, I rented a car with National at the Atlanta Airport. When I checked the car in the garage I noticed a scratch on the rim, but that's all I noticed since it was kind of dark. Around 6pm on the 24th, I noticed there was an air bubble in the tire. I proceeded to call the Customer Service Number. They informed me that I would have to call the next day since I wasn't stuck on the roadside and I would need to trade the car out. I called the next day to see if they can pick up the car and trade it for another one and they informed me that I would need to bring it in to the nearest location, which was 30 + miles away. I told them that I didn't want the tire to blow out while I was driving and they said this was the only option. So I drove 30+ miles to the location to return the car. When I arrived, I waited for 20 minutes to trade the rental. When I got the new rental it had less than a quarter tank of gas, I asked them to note the gas. The one I returned had almost a full tank. So I filled the car to over half a tank. Upon returning the car to the location before boarding my flight, they charged me a fuel fee even though I returned it with a half a tank which was more then I had when I picked it up. This was one of the worst customer service experiences, I've had with a rental car company. I travel 6 times a year and usually use Enterprise and now I know why.
The people I talked to in person were okay, it was just their process and the overall customer service that troubled me.
More National Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] National Car Rental - charging me for damage I know nothing about 
- National Car Rental - no snow tires 
- National Car Rental - changed the rate when I returned the car 
- National Car Rental And Avis Rentals - their a fraud there's no web site on them their already on the complaints board
- National Car Rental - terrible company
- National Car Rental - charge previous bumps and scratches
- [Resolved] National Car Rental - poor unethical behaviour
- [Resolved] National Car Rental - missing in action
- National Car Rental - regarding change in my rental amount for the rented car without informing
- National Car Rental - missing paperwork in car