National Association of Independent LandlordsTerrible customer service

I agree with the other complaints about this company. I've used them for the past 5 years for credit report and screening for my one rental property. The last time I rented to a new tenant, they were supposed to call the prior landlord for a reference and never did. I called and they said it would be "a few more days." Huh? To make one phone call? That they're charging me for? I could meanwhile lose a good tenant. Cancelled that service and made the call myself.

My next bad experience was when the credit reporting agencies tightened the requirements for who could receive a credit report (which I understand). I called to schedule the required on-site inspection. They wouldn't do it over the phone but directed me to an e-mail address that was never answered. Several weeks later, I called and was directed to a DIFFERENT e-mail addres. That was not answered, either. I give up and have no intention of renewing my "dues." As far as I can tell, this is a scam operation.

Does anyone know of similar (but more professional) firms?

• Ee
    EEGGBB Feb 20, 2014

I have used NAIL for several years. The past two years, the service has been unsatisfactory. My renters
    are supposed to pay on the first of the month, are late on the third day, but payment is not posted to my account
    until the 23rd day of the month. One payment did not post to my bank until a year had passed. Another payment
    took an extra month to post. I asked NAIL to investigate.

I asked for an accounting. I received notice that NAIL is not obligated to give me an accounting.
    Frankly, that is no way to do business. Steer clear of NAIL.