Nano Japan Operating At Malaysia And Singapore β€” selling fake health supplements with fake halal claim

A

Recently I purchased a bottle of krill oil from "Nano Japan". As krill oil should be red in colour, I discovered that the colour of the krill oil capsule from Nano Japan is yellow instead of red. This got me worried. Upon studying the ingredient list on the box, I realise that there is also no phospholipids in the oil, which is a very important characteristic of krill oil. As authentic krill oil is water soluble, I opened up the capsule and put into water, and discovered that the oil just remain on top, instead of dissolving in water. This confirmed that Nano Japan’s krill oil is NOT krill oil.

1. It is yellow colour and

2. It has no phospholipids.

3. It does not dissolve in water. I have no idea the actual content in the so-called Krill Oil by Nano Japan. The consumer protection association and government should take action against such companies as the capsules are consumed into the body, and could potentially be dangerous.

Nano Japan is apparently a fake Japanese company selling fake health supplements at online marketplace in Malaysia and Singapore, such as Qoo10, tricking consumers into believing in their products are good with glitzy claims and testimonies but no real evidence. Moreover, virtually all authentic Japanese supplements are not Halal certified. If you are looking for real Halal health supplements, their supplements are also fake Halal certified. How can anyone entrust their health to an irresponsible company like Nano Japan? It’s a company that cannot be trusted by any means.

By the way, there is no REAL address of this company, they only put the address as :

International Plaza, Anson Road, Singapore
Management staff: Ms. Heidi Ng

No Floor and Unit is stated there!!!

If there is anything go wrong of the supplements, there is no way you can sue them.

Aabidah Aug 29, 2017

I am a Muslim. Halal certification is a must for everything I consume, including health supplements. I used to buy from Nano Collagen from Nano Japan in Qoo10. However, I was told by my Japanese friends that it is impossible for Japanese products to have Halal certified, that’s why we do not see Halal certified Japanese products around in Japan I went to check the Halal association in Japan to find out if Nano Collagen is Halal certified, and confirm that Nano Collagen is NOT HALAL CERTIFIED! I am totally shock and urge all customers to be careful with this brand and company, because it cannot be trusted. It is a scam!

• Na
    nanojapan Nov 08, 2017

Dear Ms. Aabidah,
    Good evening. Thank you very much for your posting. We feel obliged to offer you an explanation for your kind assurance. In Japan, most foods, cosmetics, health supplements, skincare etc, are either derived from porcine (pork) or can be from unusual sources like horse's (oil) or sheep, deers placenta etc. While the concept of HALAL is permissible or HARAM strictly forbidden, the general consumer market has evolved quickly due to the coming Olympics to take place in Tokyo in 2020. Restaurants, hotels, manufacturers of finished goods are welcoming/ opening up to be certified HALAL, albeit by whom? In fact, traditional muslim organizations are also keeping up with times to offer certifications of various levels. As far as NANO JAPAN is concern, our Osaka factories had been visited by JAKIM (of Malaysia) inspectors and also IFRC officers (from HK office, but based in Indonesia). Unlike food premises that commonly serves up porcine dishes, offer alcoholic beverages, the criteria for health supplement manufacturers are more forgiving as it is more easily complied that the raw materials are not from forbidden sources (and might be pharmaceutical grade as a matter of the level), equipment are not contaminated, storing, delivery and shipping spaces are compartmentalize, etc, proper audit/ training and yearly inspections. While most Nano Japan products are HALAL certified product, some are not but they it don't mean that are haram like Nano Biogenie. It is not certified Halal because it is a separate manufacturing facility located in Yokohama. However, Nano Biogenie does not contain any animal origin materials but only soy beans fermentate and bacteria culture (since it is a probiotics by-product). We hope by offering this explanations can enable you and also esteemed readers a better insight. We appreciate your comments and your clearer understanding even more. If you have further queries, please do not hesitate to write to us at [email protected] anytime. Thank you. - NANO JAPAN management

Aabidah Dec 05, 2017

Your answers do NOT address my concerns.
    There are few issues here remained unresolved.
    (1) NO PROPER EXPLANATION from Nano Japan to confirm how on earth the krill oil can be yellow color, instead of red. Let me get straight to the point. Nanao Japan's krill oil is FAKE Krill oil.
    (2) NO REAL IDENTITY of Nano Japan. If anything goes wrong and consumers fall sick or die from consuming your products, where to pursue legally? Consumer takes their own risk.
    (3) CONFIRMED Japan Islamic Trust, Halal Committee, http://www.islam.or.jp/en/halalfood/about-the-certified-products/ NONE of your product is Halal certified, so why did you claim Halal?!
    Nano Japan cannot be trusted, it fabricate Halal claims and is a fabricated company selling fake health supplements.

Aabidah Jan 05, 2018

I have done some research on FAKE krill oil.

There is fake krill oil on the market with just little or even zero Phospholipids, whereas Antarctic krill oil contains about 24% omega-3 fatty acids and at least 40% Phospholipids, to which the majority of the omega-3s are bound. The most outstanding property of Krill Oil is that the Omega-3's are in the form of Phospholipids and therefore better absorbed. If this is not the case, i.e. Omega-3 is not bound with Phospholipids, then it would be just kind of ordinary fish oil.

Krill oil must be in RED color because of the existence of Astaxanthin. - a powerful bright red antioxidant.

Nano Japan is defrauding customers because they think customers don't know any better.

We should all report this scam to : https://www.scamalert.sg or https://www.case.org.sg. Help others by sharing this news to your friends.

• Sh
    Shailendra K Singh Aug 24, 2018

@Aabidah Please name the original ones according to you.
    It seems if you have seen a Tiger to be brown in color. Tigers will be brown in color in every part of the universe, No white tigers.

Aabidah Sep 04, 2018

@Shailendra K Singh Let's not confuse a cat with a tiger!!! There are only few Krill oil manufacturers in the world (google about it), all krill oil are in red color because it contains Astaxanthin. Krill in white color!!! What do you expect??? One in billions!!! I have doubts about this. Products from Nano Japan is a scam, let's not argue about it.

Aabidah Feb 01, 2018

Nano Lacto VV & probiotics is another fake health supplement. Kaneka Japan never research or produce probiotics. Nano Japan just like to claim whatever they like. The product won't work as what they claimed!

• Sh
    Shailendra K Singh Aug 24, 2018

@Aabidah Absolutely wrong. KANEKA KP08 or Lactobacillus brevis is the strain of probiotics.

Kaneka KP08 (Kaneka’s Lactobacillus brevis) is one of lactic acid bacteria derived from plants that has been isolated in sugukizuke, which is a type of pickle that originates in Kyoto and has been eaten by Japanese for centuries. In order to stay healthy, maintaining a good intestinal environment is crucial, and this requires increasing
    the beneficial bacteria and decreasing the harmful bacteria in the intestines. It is commonly known that by consuming living lactic acid bacteria, beneficial bacteria in the intestines can easily be increased while the propagation of harmful bacteria is suppressed. Kaneka KP08 features the ability to survive even in harsh environments, and its capability of surviving in the intestines is particularly strong. Kaneka KP08 has been prepared as a immaculate white powder containing this living Lactobacillus brevis.

Please don't create confusion.

Aabidah Sep 04, 2018

@Shailendra K Singh First of all, Nano Japan never claim the probiotics is KP08, it only added it in when there are complaints. Secondly, I cannot find any research about their health claim of KP08 on enhancing immunity against flu, reducing vaginal inflammation or boosting vaginal deep care. It is just another case of Nano Japan to claim whatever they like to. The claim is fake, nothing more than that.

• Vv
    Vvikii Jul 23, 2018

May i ask how r u so sure that nano japan is fake? Do u have concrete proof abt it? Pls share before i even feed my child with e probiotics. Thx

Aabidah Sep 04, 2018

@Vvikii What Nano Japan selling is like magic pills, what is Biogenie? Based on their web page, it can address bad cholesterol, diabetes, leukemia, cancers...whatever they like to claim. I won't give to my children, period. Far too risky!!! Seriously there are many choices in the market.

M_Matsumoto Sep 18, 2018

@Aabidah @Aabidah Obviously what you have said showed that u r an ignorant person. I’m a professional nutritionist and have met people of Nano Japan personally. Being a parent of 3, I am equally concern what I give my children. I sat down with them and see for myself clinically studies on Nano biogenie by the said Japanese laboratory. It is not like what something or someone would want to conjure just to make a sales. After having session with them, I was absolutely surprised how such a small bottle concentrates can have so many healthful benefits especially for my children. Next, i was involved in product R&D myself. It is not like what u said, the one can chin-chye add an ingredient whenever I want. (We are dealing with nasi lemak or laksa). Every active ingredient or formulation adjustment takes months if not months. Lest when it’s done by Japanese who are perfectionist. Maybe u are more familiar with kampong style and thinks the whole world behave like u... hahaha... I specialised in probiotics and understood the mechanics of probiotics metabolites and probiotics itself. In this case, I attended take the recent vitafoods 2018, a professional trade exhibition for nutrition and health. Kaneka was an exhibitor and they too acknowledge Nano Lacto VV being a partner products. So Aabidah, pls don’t continue to make yourself to look like a fool. The more I read your comments, the more I can’t control my laughter and eye-rolls!!! One more thing, u’d better retract whatever u say else u may just be on the other side of law if Nano Japan or kaneka decides to take action! Just my personal advice as a fellow parent...

Aabidah Oct 11, 2018

@M_Matsumoto I must say I like your strategy : "If You Can’t Convince Them, Confuse Them!".

The real question would be why we, as a parent, give supplements (Biogenie from Nano Japan) to our children, that claim to address bad cholesterol, diabetes, leukemia, cancers etc. Not sure how healthy are your children, but mine are normal healthy kids, don't need anything to control their cholesterol, diabetes, not mention about cancer!!!

About Nano Lacto VV from Nano Japan, I cannot find any research (including Kaneka KP08) to support their claim on vaginal health. If you are professional enough, how about you share with us here.

Give us evidence to support what you said. My stand is still the same - Nano Japan is a scam company, making fake health claim to cheat customers.

• Pu
    Pupurumiss Aug 04, 2018

Been consume nano hyaluron n collagen powder for a few years . Can't even count how many cans i bought .. but the product looks good for me . My skin more dewy and soft . But dont feel the bust getting bigger . Just make my skin fairer, glowy, dewy and soft . So even its not from japan i'll still repurchase it

Aabidah Sep 14, 2018

@Pupurumiss Can I refer you to this web page from Health Authority of Singapore :

Consuming medicines or health supplements from dubious sources can kill you.

Here is one of the examples just happened in Singapore

The Health Sciences Authority (HSA) has found that the "Ke Le" weight loss product sold online contains two undeclared potent medicinal ingredients that could pose serious health risks.

Nano Japan, nothing more than a scam.

M_Matsumoto Sep 16, 2018

@Pupurumiss Obviously what you have said showed that u r an ignorant person. I’m a professional nutritionist and have met people of Nano Japan personally. Being a parent of 3, I am equally concern what I give my children. I sat down with them and see for myself clinically studies on Nano biogenie by the said Japanese laboratory. It is not like what something or someone would want to conjure just to make a sales. After having session with them, I was absolutely surprised how such a small bottle concentrates can have so many healthful benefits especially for my children. Next, i was involved in product R&D myself. It is not like what u said, the one can chin-chye add an ingredient whenever I want. (We are dealing with nasi lemak or laksa). Every active ingredient or formulation adjustment takes months if not months. Lest when it’s done by Japanese who are perfectionist. Maybe u are more familiar with kampong style and thinks the whole world behave like u... hahaha... I specialised in probiotics and understood the mechanics of probiotics metabolites and probiotics itself. In this case, I attended take the recent vitafoods 2018, a professional trade exhibition for nutrition and health. Kaneka was an exhibitor and they too acknowledge Nano Lacto VV being a partner products. So Aabidah, pls don’t continue to make yourself to look like a fool. The more I read your comments, the more I can’t control my laughter and eye-rolls!!! One more thing, u’d better retract whatever u say else u may just be on the other side of law if Nano Japan or kaneka decides to take action! Just my personal advice as a fellow parent...

M_Matsumoto Sep 16, 2018

@M_Matsumoto Sorry everyone. Above comment is for Aabidah to read and attention.

@Pupurumiss Im sorry that Id wanted to
    Reply Aabidah. But ‘replied’ to u instead. I’m sorry for the confusion.

• Lu
    Lu Tian Nov 02, 2018

Found plastic bag in your nano diet powder.

• Ka
    KarenChantel Mar 19, 2019

I have been taking Nano Japan Collagen since they first launched in Singapore qoo10 few years ago. Over the years I also compare their collagen against almost all collagen products I came across in qoo10. None can compare to Mano Japan Collagen.

Products I tried from Nano Japan include a bottle of free wine given by them during their photo review rewards at launch. As it's not something I am interested in thus I never repurchase it.

Nano Japan Detox and Nano Japan Diet are another 2 good products that I love from this company due to its taste and kcal value VS their price tag. I don't blindly support a brand for whatever they claim but only after trying and comparing with other similar products in the market.

I can't comment about their other products as i never tried those but to claim Nano Japan as a bad company and boycott all their products isn't something I can agree with u at this moment.

Also if u don't like this brand krill oil just don't repurchase n buy whatever brand u like. Red color doesn't mean it's 100% not dyed too.

I would only suggest that we all buy products that are suitable for us not base on the brand. Fingers have different length, so don't expect 1 brand which sell 100 supplements in the market to be number 1 in all the 100 supplements. Just buy what u are suitable and leave those that aren't behind.

BTW nano japan Halad certification may not be from Japan but from Singapore or Malaysia instead because the demand for halad certification isn't as strong as in these countries where it's sold to Muslim and malay.

Aabidah Mar 30, 2019

@KarenChantel Hi, Karen, probably I should re-emphasis my point of view about Nano Japan. If you look at their web content carefully and if you don't mind do some research of what they claimed, it is very obvious that their claim of their product is outrageous. I would say their business is being run by a group of pathological liars. Selling fish oil but claim it is krill oil is a very serious lie. Why we trust our health to these people, when we know they are selling fake health supplements. I won't take the risk to continue to eat the products from this company. Don't forget, if we eat the "unknown substance" daily, and in the long run, there could be potential cumulative harmful effect like cancer, not forgetting that you pay for a product that will not have the effect we are looking while causing harm!

Just to highlight also, it is impossible to get a health supplement manufactured in Japan but get it certified Halal in Singapore or Malaysia. In fact, it is not difficult to verify whether their product is Halal or not, just write to the respective Halal organization. This is what I did!

I am voicing out this as an appeal to reach out to all the innocent consumers, out of righteousness, not to trust their health to a scamming, unethical company, Nano Japan.

Why why tell me why Aug 16, 2019

@Aabidah Really meh? Why don’t you share us the letter you write to them and their reply since you said until so real...

Aabidah Sep 06, 2019

@Why why tell me why The Malaysia Halal Authority advised me to search the Halal status at this web site. http://www.halal.gov.my. I cannot find the Halal certificate that is related to Nano Japan. May be you can try it out and let us know the results. I am happy to know this.

• Ge
    Geogianie Sep 22, 2019

@Aabidah Seems like your research is insufficient. Their halal licensed wasn’t registered under Malaysia. You should stop spreading fake news/ misinformation.

Aabidah Sep 22, 2019

@Geogianie Nano Japan claims most of their products are "Made in Japan", they are mainly selling in Singapore and Malaysia, I cannot find their products registered as Halal in Japan, Malaysia or Singapore. May be you can enlighten us where we can find their Halal certificate? I love to know this.

• Jy
    JY2284 Mar 23, 2019

So is it save to consume Nano diet?

Aabidah Mar 30, 2019

@JY2284 Take your own risk!!!

• Ci
    Cibai_Aabidah Sep 29, 2019

@Aabidah Seem like you can’t name one or convince other, and you confuse themπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Hannah Ng Jun 14, 2019

Aabidah, thank you for sharing what you shared.
    I have been a personal consumer of Nano Japan products since 2015 and have personally witnessed real benefits to my kids and myself. My skin literally regenerated and my hand eczema was almost like healed without needing steroids or anti itch meds anymore ever since. My kids seldom fell sick after consuming Nano Biogenie, a major difference from 3-4 times a month on average. I recently started on their other products, Krill oil and Carbolite and Detox, so its probably too early to review now.

After reading your sharing I was honestly concerned and went to check up some info on their origins. I found this link which provided their Anson office address and also the history and background on their R&D etc. Meanwhile I will continue to check out more info.

Hannah Ng Jun 15, 2019

Hi there,

First, I'd like to thank Aabidah for flagging up on Nano Japan. I'd been a personal consumer of Nano Japan products since 2015 and have benefitted and witnessed the benefits from the products my kids and I consumed, namely the Collagen and Hyaluron powder, and the Nano Biogenie.

From being an initial skeptic, i tried because my sis gave me a tin and i kept it til almost expiring. However, just 4 days after taking Collagen powder, my skin literally regenerated itself and my hand eczema improved. 4 years on, I no longer am on any steroid creams nor anti itch meds and I don't even need to consume the collagen powder regularly to maintain the good skin now. I have been so convinced of its effectiveness that I gave friends samples to try.

For the Nano Biogenie, I used to drip into my kids' milk and it has helped keep them from falling sick especially being in childcare. From being sick almost once every week or every 2 weeks, they only fell sick once in every 2 months since being on the supplement. By being sick I meant sick to the point they needed to see a doctor or requiring medicine to recover.

I recently started trying Krill oil, Carbolite and Detox on and off but it's still too early to review effects now.

After reading the disturbing posts here and in another similar one, I was honestly concerned, so I checked out their shop:

This gives a rather detailed writeup about Nano Japan. The Singapore address is actually listed there.

10 International Plaza, Anson Road, #12-09 Singapore 079907

Furthermore, I copied and pasted the Japanese R&D address listed there:

5-7-8 Shimoshinjo, Higashiyodogawa-ku,
    Osaka, Japan

and it traced to this company that actually exists in Japan Osaka as "Fine Japan Co., Ltd."

I tried checking on the origins of Nano Japan in Japan itself and this is what I gathered so far. If there are any other fellow consumers who have found anything to support the company or expose its harmful intents, I'd like to hear too.

Thank you.

Aabidah Jun 25, 2019

@Hannah Ng Hi, Hannah, the Singapore address seems fake, cannot find this address of 10 International Plaza, Anson Road, #12-09 Singapore 079907. If you search the postal code of 079907, the address should be : 80 Anson Road #01-01 Fuji Xerox Towers Singapore 079907.

The Japan address is belonged to Fine Japan, that is right. But what is the relationship between Fine Japan and Nano Japan? Don't assume they are the same. A company search will tell you that they have no shareholding relationship between these two companies.

Why why tell me why Aug 16, 2019

@Hannah Ng They have been selling quite some time like few years already leh... I don’t think they can survive so long time in Singapore if it is something ill or harmful intent... Singapore is a lawful country lor... don’t play play ah...

• Ka
    Kassim_farzalli Aug 26, 2019

@Aabidah Thank you for sharing. Actually, I am also a regular customer with children. We choose and buy our supplements very carefully. We contacted Nano Japan and was received with very professional advice about the products for the past 5 years since 2014... I cannot understand why are you adamant to pointing out the address and things. Actually I visited their warehouse before. They moved from their old warehouse in Kaki Bukit to a new one in Paya Lebar. The address u said is "fake" is actually their corporate secretary/ lawyer's office which was also re-located recently. I think they will be correcting it soon. I trust Nano Japan products not only because of the product itself, but the quality of before and after service, the delivery and many of my colleagues are surprisingly also Nano Japan product users who are all very happy and satisfied. You should try it yourself.

Hannah Ng Jun 15, 2019

This link is an interview with a key Japanese researcher who's very involved in developing many of the Nano Japan products we consume.

Aabidah Jun 25, 2019

@Hannah Ng Mr. Yoshiharu Sasaki, is the head of Fine Japan Research & Development Center. He is not working with Nano Japan. We should not have an impression that Nano Japan is having a research center in Japan. Presented by Nano Japan in this way is absolutely misleading.

• Pu
    Putting It Right Aug 10, 2019

@Aabidah I would like to express my view that the products are definitely not made in Japan. May be Nano Japan did not stated clearly it is using the technology from Japan or otherwise. It is putting consumers in doubt.

I think that we as a consumer should be cautious if the products are misleading. The only way is to stop purchasing immediately.

Why why tell me why Aug 16, 2019

@Putting It Right Sure or not? What make you to say so? Any concrete proof? Share leh... don’t hide behind and become keyboard warrior leh...

Aabidah Sep 06, 2019

If I were Nano Japan and I did nothing wrong, I would hold a press conference and present all the evidence to the public, publish it in newspapers and social media to convince the public that they are innocent. Do it, clear your name, otherwise, people would be convinced that you are a scam company.

• Ci
    Cibai_Aabidah Sep 29, 2019

@Aabidah You want them only do it for you? LMAO πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Aabidah Feb 24, 2020

I note this online brand "Nano Singapore" selling Krill Oil with no detailed breakdown of phospholipids, EPA, DHA and Astaxanthin. Please exercise caution before you buy, because there are lots of inferior krill oil material supplied from China and encapsulated in USA. Some even mix this inferior raw material with cheap fish oil and claim highest EPA/DHA. Do not consume krill oil supplement from a brand that does not provide proper breakdown, because it could be inferior quality or safety issue.

If you are customers of Nano Singapore, do more research of the products sold by this company.

Aabidah Jun 22, 2020

Beware of fake health supplements selling at ecommerce platforms :

Aabidah Jun 22, 2020

Seriously, there is no Type IV collagen at NANO Japan Collagen Plus Powder, it is crazy to claim Type I collagen to be Type IV collagen. There is also NO Lactic Acid Bacteria probiotics inside the powder. Cannot find all these fabricated ingredients in the supplement fact. It is NOT HALAL-certified, I am 100% sure.

Aabidah Jun 22, 2020

Just discovered this claim at Shopee.sg, Nano Japan claims its Type 4 Collagen 4, 100 mg inside Nano Japan Collagen Plus Powder, equivalent Type 3 Collagen 10, 000 mg, equivalent Type I Collagen 27, 000 mg. How on earth they can come out this? It is a totally fake claim. It is a bullshit. Period!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices