MyHeritage / delayed results

Bulgaria Review updated:

I sent my kit to the company more than two months ago and they received it on February 1st. The results were supposed to come out at the end of February and I've been eagerly checking my e-mail all this time for confirmation that they were ready. However, I've just been notified by My Heritage that my results will be delayed by a month. In their e-mail, they mention that this is due to upgrading to a new and more advanced version of the chip used for DNA analysis. Apart from the vagueness of this explanation, I feel this was an entirely predictable delay and and I should have been notified earlier on that it would take 2 months for them to process my sample from the moment they received it. When I bought the kit, their website mentioned that it takes 4 weeks with no mention whatsoever of planned delays. If I knew it would take that long, I would have bought a kit from another company. My account ID is [protected] and kit MH-74A76F.

El
Mar 8, 2019

Comments

9th of Mar, 2019

Dear MyHeritage member,

I regret to see that you are disappointed with your MyHeritage experience to date.

We value the satisfaction of all of our members and strive to offer a first class service to our members.

As you are aware, we are currently upgrading the chip used for DNA analysis to a new and more advanced version. We are conducting this transition to the new chip with great care and diligence in order to provide you the most accurate results. This has caused a delay in the generating of your DNA results.

We apologize for the inconvenience of your results being delayed and we are aiming to provide them to you as fast as we can.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions, to john.[protected]@myheritage.com

Kind regards,
    John,
    MyHeritage Team

• Va
      11th of Mar, 2019

I agree with Eleni2. This company has no idea as to what a contract means. Honest businesses stand by what they advertise. When we enter a contract based on advertising and the seller changes the terms of the contract after receiving payment, some would call that fraud. At the very least, it is no way to sustain a healthy reputation among existing customers and prospective new ones.

Certainly, I would not have sent money to these people had I known they were capable of doing this. And it raises the question: What more are they going to do to us, and the very personal information they hold?

Disgusted.

• Kh
      24th of Mar, 2019

@ValuePro I also had the same thing happen with my kit (MH3UL837 and my husband's kit (MH623A6D) that we submitted back in early February (possibly late January.) Same vague email with no customer service number to call and here it is the end of March with no results. Also the tracking told me it was processing before the email was sent to me saying that it was not processed. This feels like a scam and I plan on contacting the BBB tomorrow with my complaints. I also would have spent the money with a different company had I known it would take this long.