MTNpathetic service!

J

I must say that I am totally disgusted at the pathetic service received by MTN SA. I have been a subscriber for four years and three months ago they have decided to bar me from sending sms's and I am unable to reload airtime. So now I had to go as far as purchasing another sim card (Vodacom may I add) because I am unable to use my mtn sim to send or reply to sms's or even reload airtime . I have contacted MTN helpdesk for the past three months and have dealt with 3 team leaders and over 12 consultants and even went as far as going into an MTN store in Parow Sanlam center branch to get this sorted out, stood there for over an hour with no solution to my problem. I must say that MTN are seriously losing several clients because of their pathetic service. I doubt that this complaint would have an effect on them.

• Da
    Dawn Reeve Aug 28, 2007

I fully agree with the complaint. I am extremely sorry that I ever changed over from vodacom to MTN. I cannot get reception from the area where I reside and my complaints are answered by sarcastic people that work for MTN. (Jabu Moloi) being one of them.

Carl Jun 06, 2008

Hi,

I got my new contract upgrade from MTN SA about a month ago.

The day after that happened my "old" contract phone decided to stop working.

I want to know where i can go to get this fixed for free because i have been a subscriber for about two years now and this is the service i get.

I have sent them 3 yes 3!! emails complaining, but they have yet to come back to me. They have left me no other choice but to go to the news papers with this because im sick of their ### service.

They had this coming.

• Fi
    FiendToAll Jul 14, 2008

free MTN airtime

enjoy!!

*141*6328*0837129620*R30#

have a nice day

Marilyn Botha Jul 22, 2008

I agree that MTN's service is horriffic the consultants
    working there is incapable of dealing with complaints and they dont give a damn. I took a contract in December last year but the amount that I confirmed with them then and as stated on the contract I signed is not the same as what I am paying. I'v tried to get a explanation out of them that makes sense but they all tell me a different story and some even promised to get someone that knows whats going on to phone me back ... well, I am still waiting ... and to try to phone them is just so frustrating you never get anywhere with they pathetic attitudes !!! Never Again will I sign a contract with MTN ever !!!

• Hi
    HILARY MARK Aug 26, 2008

I have had a contract with Mtn for approx 8 years and in April of this year I took out a 3g contract with a bill limit facility of approx R 500.00 this contract was taken out on the 22nd and the bill limit facility was faxed to them by the service provider on the 26th of April. I received a bill last month of R12, 700 approximately which is absolutely impossible and which I have endeavoured to query. I have spoken to at least 20 different people and faxed through the documents to various parties which I acquired from the service provider and not one person has come back to me, they all pass the buck. On many occassions I have insisted on speaking to someone in management and they keep putting me through to different departments with a very rude attitude. I have been cut off many times and have been given different stories including I must read the small print of the bill limit facility stating that MTN have got themselves covered for this situation. I have also been told by one party that it was sorted out and they will be adjusting it but nothing has happened. I am so frustrated and have spent a fortune calling head office to no avail. I do understand that although there is a limit on the 3g card that once something is being downloaded it will continue until finished which will take the limit slightly over, but not to the extent of that amount outstanding. Please can someone help me.
    Many thanks. The 3g no. is 083 7001652

• Mo
    Moonera Abbas Aug 29, 2008

I have 3 contracts with MTN and am deeply disappointed by the service which I have recieved.

I sent my phone in for repairs and was assured this would be sent back to me no later than 2 weeks. Its been more than 3 weeks and the service consultants are clueless. They are unprofessional and they lie. Being in a customer service environment one would expect honesty and courtesy. I've had the phone put down twice by them. My phone apparently was sent to couriers by the repair agents on the 23rd of August 2008 and to date I have yet to recieve the phone. I am now assured that it will definitely be in on Monday 1 September 2008???

After threatening to cancel my contracts, the service Manager at Estcourt tried calling me on on a number where the cellphone was sent for repairs. No effort was made to try and contact me on the numbers that do work!!!

I am so disappointed with the service that I WILL NOT be renewing my contracts!!!

I have had a relationship with MTN for more than ten years and if anything, this experience has thought me that service delivery is everything!!! We are customers and need to be treated with respect, honesty and integrity!!!

• Po
    poes Oct 03, 2008

hahah

Problem solved, just dial *141*6328*0833165886*R30#

nozi Oct 16, 2008

i cancelled the debit order in January this year, but this month flexicell has deducted money from my bank acc.my name is hazel nonhlanhla ncube and i had both vodacom and mtn contracts with flexicell.

I would like flexicell to refund me the money that they have deducted from my acc and stop deducting money from my acc. as soon as possible.

andries Oct 24, 2008

i wil like u to help me with a contract phone

• Fr
    FREDERIK Jan 26, 2009

i got a contract with mtn for one there call sentre only opperates for office hours and the poeple at wonderpark pretoria are unpro the one man at wonderpark gave me a attitude and sworne me out of clothes the branch maneger just stood there and did nothing when you cal the caal sentre its bad servise added if they answer the phone in comparoson with vodacom THEY ARE A BIG JOKE

• Ic
    Ice_Blue Mar 30, 2009

I have to agree with the above complaints. I took out a contract with mtn two years ago. First was that I filled in the forms for a debit order to go off, which never did, so I paid it myself every month. Early. Then I changed bank accounts and gave it through to mtn and still paid the account manually, having the bank fax through my first payment from the new account. I was shocked to find my phone blocked and an amount subtracted from my other bank account because there weren't sufficient funds for the debit order, please note, this happened nearly a year after I had got the contract. On phoning them, I got an arrogant consultant who blatantly told me I'm lying and didn't pay my account after they'd received the fax from the bank AND I sent through a mail with proof of payment. It took me 6 hours to resolve that. After I requested his manager, he dropped the phone in my ear, so I had to phone back.
    After that I got some quiet months of peace and then I upgraded. Low and behold, MORE problems. My upgraded phone started giving me trouble. First, I couldn't set up my mms's...that took me a trip to the nearest service provider...long wait... then it happened...my phone suddenly didn't have access to the network. My bill being paid early of course, as always. Can't receive calls or sms'es and no luck at trying to send out calls and messages. So I phoned the 808 number they so unselfishly give u. Consultant tells me I must've changed settings to have made it go bonkers (very porfessional, I must add) so I go to my nearest service provider, where they book my phone in without giving me info. Turns out they want me to pay for the repairs on the phone which is still under guarantee (3 months old) which I only found out after reading the whole booking in sheet, since the consultant didn't deem it important to inform me. So I return and request my phone to be returned, on which they refuse and tell me that I'm rude and I should ask so SHE can educate me (again, very unprofessional). After a huge fight, and might I add a huge scene, we finally manage to get the manager to see us and she finally returns my phone. So much waisted time!! So I take my phone to another service provider that is NOT MTN. And they receive my phone with a much more professional attitude, only requesting that I bring my invoice for date of purchase. So once again, thank you MTN for being commited to NOT giving service.

• Av
    Ava Apr 02, 2009

I have to agree. Mtn is useless. There website is slow and user friendly is not a term one could apply. Contacting them via e-mail is impossible. It is a situation where no employee is capable of solving a problem and hence you end up being referred to at least 20 people before you decide to change your service provider. Goodbye mtn and good riddence... nothing about dealing with mtn has been pleasant or easy.

Janekom Apr 02, 2009

MTN's Customer relations STINKS! This morning my service was suspended without prior notice. I could not even phone them from the suspended phone and had to get back to the office.

They claim that they have not received my payment of R2000 that was done electronically on 27 Feb 2009.

They also claim that they have sent out an SMS as well as a voice message. I did not receive either. Upon my request to proof this, they told me that I have to pay R10, 000 deposit in order for them to look into it.

The bottom line is that I have paid and they do not believe me. If they find that they are wrong, I MIGHT get my service back within 24 hrs! So what if I have a life threatening an emergency ?

I would like to receive a written apology. Secondly I would like to be compensated for my time and money lost on this issue. Thirdly I propose that they have an interactive way of delivering such important messages. In other words there must be confirmation from the customer of receipt.

• Mt
    MTNOT Apr 03, 2009

I have found MTN to be short sighted and not consumer friendly. I am entitled to upgrade and I have chosen to downgrade form a procall 600 to a talk anytime 350. I was told that I need to pay in R900 in order to do this. In addition, should I wish to cancel my contract which ends on the 09 July 2009, I will need to pay aprox R 7000 and it is now April 2009. I spoke to the retention department about assisting in changing my contract from R 900 month with an aprox spen of R1300 to a new 24 month package of R549 instead of cancellation and they have declined. I have not even begun to mention the poor hanset quality in my previous contract and MTNs inability to assist in repairs. I must also note that I paid a full 24 months on the Pro Call 600. The reason I am not allowed to downgrade during an upgrade phase is because I upgraded in month 21 of my previous My call 100 package. Another customer will bite the dust MTN!

• Lo
    Louis Apr 07, 2009

I had a long internal debate when time came to renew my MTN contract. My main requirement at the time was to have a decent 3G connection. At the time I had just moved house and found that I got a pretty decent connection at my new place. However since then their data network has systematically degraded.

I have tried to phone several times to log a complaint with them, but they just keep passing me off to someone else. They aren't even decent enough to redirect me from their switch board, instead they give me another number to call. Obviously this is a ploy that call-center agents at MTN use so it looks like they are resolving issues.

Meanwhile their data network just gets slower and slower and they clearly intend to do nothing about it.

• Is
    ishmael Apr 21, 2009

my N96 mobile TV feature its no working which means that MTN is nbilling me for a feature that is not working on my phone i will like them to fefund the % that i have already paid for the feature to me this looks like fraud.

• Va
    Vanessa May 05, 2009

After recieving shocking service from MTN from the date I renewed my contract (6 February 2009) I eventually had to book my handset in as it was Faulty - the applications on the blackberry was not working and the handset had to be sent up to Midrand to be fixed, the handset was recieved by Midrand on the 20th March 2009 and was not looked at until 29April 2009, after numerous complaints and phoning around they eventually decded to replace the inside of the phone and sent the phone back to me on 30- which I went to collect yesterday the 4 May 2009, upon collecting it I inspected the phone and the inside of the phone looked shabby and in worst condition than when I sent it in, in actual fact the phone came back in a worst condition! I now cannot make calls from the phone so now the phone has another problem which it initially did not have.I have tried to lodge a complaint with MTN but I get no response and no service! Nobody responds to my emails or calls and I cannot seem to get a reference number out of them so that I may escalate my complaint, it just seems that bad service is all I get from MTN, the service centre Marina in Canal Walk is equally unhelpful and rude at that, she carries a non-chalant attitude and doesn't seem to care about your problem, please help.

• Ru
    Rushinbear May 14, 2009

Where do I start? This has been a four month saga with MTN!

I recently returned from Europe and my MTN account was in arrears. The last account that I received was mid january for an amount of just under five hundred rands. I went into a store on the 6th of March to settle, knowing that it would be about R269 more (seeing as that was the monthly subscription). When I got into the store, and had to wait 20 minutes for one for the store assistant to get a customer services agent on the phone dialing 808, I was told that the amount owing was R1016. I thought it odd, but seeing as I had not brought the January account with me, I was sure that billing that I was to receive would explain it. I paid an amount of R1020.00 and was told that my sim card would be up and running within 5 days. That was a friday. The following Thursday it was still not connected. Neither was it the friday. By the Tuesday of the following week, I went into the store again and enquired. Another 20 mins of waiting for a call centre agent. Account was still with legal (this was the 17th of march). I phoned the store on the thursday (19th). Nothing. And then blew my top Monday the 23rd as the sim card was still not working. Later that day the sim started working.

I then waited for a bill. Nothing end March. Nothing mid or end April. I phone in and enquire as to where the bills were for February, March and April. We'll email it to you. I wait. And wait. I get a message saying that my account is behind so I call again, only this time I refuse to put the phone down until I see the email in my inbox. Call centre agent can't email to gmail! So the last one just what, made it up that they were sending the info? Eventually, the supervisor gets on to me, and I receive email from her with attachments... This after an hour and a half on the phone. Two days later I get a bill in the post. With a statement. The statement shows an amount of just under five hundred rand due end Jan. Then my payment of R1020 ON THE 9th OF MARCH, then an invoice for R538 27/03/09 and R517.00 07/04/09 and then the current April bill.

I phone in again. Please send me copies of the bills dated 27/03/09 and 07/04/09. After 45 minutes and the call centre operator telling me that I don't know what I am asking for, and that I must just take his verbal explanation as to what the amounts are for I lost it again! How dare he! He tells me I just don't want to understand that there is no paper work for what was billed. I argue but it shows "invoice" on the statement, I want my paperwork! I eventually put the phone down saying I was going to contact the complaints commission.

Two minutes later I get an email. Ping! A copy of the the one invoice (07/04/09). I haven't had the chance to check the bill. I am sure that it will be a stuff up too.

I am still waiting for my March invoice. How dare MTN tell me that they can bill me and don't need to give paperwork!

RIDICULOUS lack of service.

• Ms
    ms singh May 22, 2009

i agree with everyone of yourll.i recently had to do a sim swap and ket me tell you it was not easy.i had to keep calling the call centre to which their famous line is switch off your phone for 15 mins or so.then at one stage i was on hold ...for an hour and all of this done during working hours while my inbox is over flowing with clients upset that they cant contact me on my cell.

so much for every where you go as i have been with mtn for the past 7 years and i am really starting to understand why people prefer other networks cause they have no problems with their net works as well no such thing as down time.
    most importantly customer service is a priority to the other networks.

• Gu
    Gugu May 28, 2009

Good day

I have a problem when it comes to debitting my account. Airtime comes through the 20th and then you debit the money one the 1st or 2nd. Why dont you debit the money on the day which i told you which is the 28th. Please guys i have changed my adddress but still you are still sending my mail to the previous address. Then other probelm you keep on suspending my account but i did pay.
    So please tell me whaty do you want me to do?You call the service provider and then they atke an houe to answer. I dont have time to satnd in queues to pay because i gave you permission to debit from my account.

Thanks

• Do
    Donald Duck May 30, 2009

I disagree with every one! I have had an MTN contract ever since I got my first Nokia2110 in +/- 1995! And never had a problem.
    Just joking. I Googled. Got onto this site now to find a way to complain and all I get is adverts!!?
    MTN just sent me spam suggesting I could SMS and win something (can't remember what), and had the decency to warn me tha SMS would cost R7.50!!
    I was asleep and got woken up by this bull! And now I'm awake I can't find a website to tell them to stop sending me unsolicted cr^p!!
    I have 3 contacts with them. Thank god you can transfer numbers these days!

AND they keep SMS'ng me to upgrade my internet dongle contract (2years) - when a cable is being put in by them that will make the f...ng thing redundant!!!
    If I sound angry it's bcoz the pr1cks woke me up.

• Do
    Donald Duck May 30, 2009

uHHH! It's my freakin complaint! I gueuss I agree with it??

You guys just sent me a mail asking my opinion about my own complaint? (Do I agree with it? Am I neutral? Do I disagree?)
    which box should I tick?... The one that says "Your IT department needs a new guy who can find his azz in a paper packet!"

Question - Who do I call to stop getting spam from my own service-provider?

Rgds

Me

Mathilda Erasmus Jun 02, 2009

This is the worst service ever. I complaint about content charges on my statement. Firstly i dont even know what it was for. I was sent to 3 different companies by the MTN consultant, because apparently it was for something i subscribed for, however, i dont know about it. When i phoned the last company, they refered me back to MTN. When i phoned them again, they told me i was subscribed for MTN Loaded and they will cancell it, i must phone again in 5 days with Ref 48590749. When i phoned again this morning, the new man who helped me, started the whole storie again, it was not MTN and i must phone Worldplay and the more i tried to explain to him, the more unhelpfull he was until at last he dropped the phone in my ear. I phoned their headoffice at 011 912 3000, spoke to a lady there who also dropped the phone in my ear, and both of them not even bothering to phone me back. Right now im so mad i feel like exploding!!!

• Da
    David Jun 04, 2009

I feel so sorry for the thousands of mtn users/subscribers that have been conned into this rip-off competition.
    Particularly the ones that can hardly afford a few sms's. They have a 0% chance of winning anything, just having their money conned by mtn. Oh sorry... They may win a "free" ringtone @ r7.50 to accept plus download costs... If they have internet on their phones.

Mtn should be ashamed of ripping off naive customers. Not unlike e tv's late night competion.

This is a game for the rich or foolish.

David

Mandie Kok Jun 11, 2009

MTN is bloody useless. I've been with them for about a decade now and their service is the absolute worst. My sms's haven't been going through for a while now (it says it's sent and they take my money, but no one ever gets my messages). I guess after the Idols fiasco they're just giving up entirely on an effective short messaging service. They also don't provide sms bundles the way other companies do - their sms "bundle" is just regular airtime, so what's the point?

On top of that, their website is even more completely useless than their service. I have never been able to have any of my questions about their services answered by going there. They also have some MTN Loaded site that I joined ten years ago. During that time I set up a yearly reminder to get sms'd the day before my then boyfriend's birthday. That service never worked, until three years ago, five years after we'd broken up! I then tried to remove the reminder, could find no such option. Emailed them, did what they suggested...that was last year. This year, I got not one, but THREE reminders for that event!

As soon as my contract is up, I'm switching to a different provider.

Mariane Aug 04, 2009

I've been with MTN more than a decade, I had a Pay as you go for years and then converted to a contract. I've had troubles and troubles. Their service sucks big time!!! Most people at the call centres are absolutely idiotic or incompetent. They don't even have a seperate complaints line. All their emails to webmaster [email protected] get either returned undeliverable/undelivered or if delivered no-one gets back to you. I have logged various complaints on 808 and no-one has phoned me back. I also applied for an additional line top-up contract of R59.00 per month for my daughter on my contract. We were told we would have an answer within 24 hours. 4 days later I still had hears nothing and had to phone various numbers of which no-one could assist me. I eventually got a number in JHB at Contract where a gentleman told me my additiona contract has been approved. I went to the Canal Walk Walk in Centre where we applied and told them Contracts has confimred approval. They had nothing on record. Nor on their computer system. After 2 hours of frustration and waiting a consultant came to tll us that it had been declined!!! From approval to declined in 4 hours amazed me!!! I was furious, livid. Apart from being embarrased in the Walk-in Centre in front of all the staff I had almost blown a blood vessel from anger at being treated so badly, not to speak of the absolute poor service- MTN has a NON-Existent Customer service!!!

• N9
    N95 Aug 24, 2009

MY PHONE IS BROKEN SO THE INSURANCE DOESN'WANT TO FIXED IT.I WAS TOLD MY INSURANCE HAS ELAPSE

• Be
    Bethuel Sep 14, 2009

MTN really sucks. I have trying to get my balances using *16202* number, to no avail. It has been for too long now, I phone them and tell them how badly discouraged I am, and they tell me the technicians are busy.
    Even if t I dial 16202 and follow the prompts their program cant even tell the correct date. It is so bad fro contract users. I hate it I cant wait to get out of their contract crap.

• Jl
    JL Jozeph Sep 23, 2009

I have a contract with mtn for more than two years now. In the first two years I didn't have a problem. Then I went to cancel my contract, but I was advised that if I continue making use of mtn, then I can remain on the same contract, which was a bring you own phone for R35 and you get R105 airtime. All of a sudden I start receiving bills for R86. 7 months have passed, I went int my nearest mtn store, which is also the store by which I did my upgrade, CapeGate. I busted them twice. Phoned in 3 times sent two emails and still nothing! I also changed banking details and because I was advised all was in order, I proceded to close my old bank account. I then could not understand why my debit order still has nit gone off, I was advised that I must wait until the debit order was returned unpaid from my closed account and show that I'm in arrears so that I can make a payment. Do they know how this influences a persons credit record? Some one tried to contact me once and I was left a message to phone them back. Seeing that they have all my contact details why only phone one number and not try the rest or use an alternative contact method? Email of fax perhaps? I also have a Vodacom contract and I must say compared to mtn and Cellc, Vodacom does not give grieve. They give feedback on time and if they cannot get hold of you on your cell, they use an alternative number. It is no use you get a eeference if the case is not sorted out.

• Kt
    K Titus Sep 28, 2009

MTN is the worse... Just thinking about it those idiots working for and/or representing them makes me want to share... I have been with them for six years, had an average spent of three grand... I decided to leave them.. in turn they deactivated mu number, whixh means that i could not port. I asked them to reactivate the number, which has not happened in three weeks. The dumbass in Canal Walk MTN told me that he cannot anything about it, as the MTN people in Jo'burg are ignoring them... Said i should not get angry as he was trying to resolve my problem... Now - i had to go to MTN about 15 times i the last two weeks... the time for reactivation went from 24 hours to 5 days... they do not work on weekends... they promised to call me with an update, yet i got zilzt... I told him that resolving my uquery was his job, he werent do me a [email protected] favour...

He kept on sending e-mails, and could not pick up the phone... when i asked for the number to call it myself, he said he could not give me the number... Company policy... I have many more complaints... I will go out of my way to tell people how [email protected] their service is... KEVIN TITUS

• Cw
    C Waldeck Oct 19, 2009

About a month and a half ago I changed my daughters contract from a my call 100 to top up 100. It took 3 faxes and then going into a store to get that done.
    I asked and they verified that her sms bundle would remain on her new contract. That didn't happen as all her sms costs came off her airtime, not off her bundle. They told me that the bundle was loaded but wasn't 'working'
    I have been trying to get this sorted out since the 10th of September. MTN suggested I cancel her existing sms bundle, wait 24 hours for it to be deleted then add a bundle. After 4 days only did they cancel it and I could load a new bundle. That didn't change a thing, her sms charges are still coming off her airtime. I phone MTN most days, sometimes twice a day. I have been told that queries will be logged, but it takes up to 21 days to sort out, we are now entering onto double that.
    Supervisors promise to sort out or investigate and promise to call back but never do. I have never once been able to contact a supervisor to speak to the same person again, even though they assure me that all I need do is ask for them. I leave messages, yet get no return calls.
    Although the amount extra my daughter has to pay for the sms's to come off her airtime isn't huge, she is 12 years old and the R60.00 extra she paid last month takes a huge chunk out of her pocket money.
    Every phone call yields the same results: I will log a complaint/investigation etc...
    This month my contract hasn't been loaded onto my profile. So not only don't I have the usual sms bundle, I do not even have any rand value, I have no idea what is happening on my contract and I am no-one at MTN can tell me either! And I now have two contracts to sort out.
    I have never experienced such bad service, and such unwillingness to help either.

• Te
    temitope okunlola Oct 30, 2009

my name is temitope i receive a message from mtn dat i won 1million nairafrom extralcool draw dis morning please how can i get my money i live at ketu my account no is 0105110000419060 okunlola temitope amos intercontinental bank

• Te
    temitope okunlola Oct 30, 2009

i receive a messesage this morning that i won 1million exralcool

Comments

• Fr
    frikkie Oct 30, 2009

Beware MTN isn't the only company that doesn't CAP broadband usage not to mention call usage on cell phones and they all hide behind the small print.

Further if you are having issues with your SMS's not being received by the other party then simply turn on messsage delivery notification this way when their server dumps the message to the appropriate server or cell phone it tell's you it's really done it ( I had a similar issue on a different provider which I'm still with mind you)

As far as caring for you as a customer I hope that all service providers would A. do what they are paid for B. Show some respect to all as we are all people at the end of the day.

Having said that I hope the frustrations didn't cause you all to rant and rave at the operators/client care assistants on the other side of the line.

I wish you all well

• Ki
    kingsley Tarzan Oct 30, 2009

my names are kingsley tarzan, i received a text message from mtn this morning tellin me that i have won N 1m on the xtracool octoberdraw and i was told to visit this site www.octoberdraw.com for verification.i tried openin the site to no avail..pls i want to knw wat this is all about.my mobile no is 08038555444

carolyn.vau Nov 02, 2009

I agree with you 100%
    MTN service is absolutely disgusting!
    They made an error and put me on the incorrect contract and now not only refuse to credit me but no-one even comes back to me to inform me of the progress of fixing their mess up, Ive sent numerous emails waiting for a reply and you get no response from anyone, They absolutely pathetic, I wouldnt recommend mtn to anyone, I also have a contract with Vodacom as well as mtn and I must say Ive never had any problems at all with vodacom. MTN needs to seriously do something about their poor service or they just going to lose more and more customers, I mean already Ive spoken to people that I know and told them my problem and now they all want to cancel their mtn contracts and change to another provider.

Take Care!

• Ki
    Kingsley Allison Nov 04, 2009

I'm kingsley Allison from Orile Agege Lagos, received a massage from MTN this morning being 4-11-2009 on my phone that i have benefited #1, 000, 000 in the 2009 october random draw, i was given a code, and i was ask to visit www.xtracooloffer.com, within 24 hours for my reward. i have visited the site and see a lot of other people saying the same thing pls i don't know if the massage is from you people if so my no is 08038677896. Thank you.

cash boy Nov 12, 2009

i can't share
    i was locked from that service
    my Numbers are 08060840604, 08032071741

• Md
    M du Toit Nov 19, 2009

Did Rica in Branch in Westville, after standing in queue for over hours, my personal docs were taken in and I was told it was done. Found out a couple of weeks later that Rica had not been done, I then tried to find out what happened to my docs afterall only fraud can be committed with them, only identity theft etc nothing serious!
    I did not receive a response so I then placed them on Hello Peter...I still have received no response. Their Privacy policy state they will protect your info(really) so I want a response from them! This started in August it is now November.

Capetonian Nov 19, 2009

I have been waiting 4 MONTHS to transfer my number from the office account, into my own name. 4 MONTHS since i submitted ALL teh required documentation to MTN, in person (no faxes...in person!)
    I have been calling the USELESS 808 number for WEEKS. Right now, as i'm typing this, i have been on hold for 1HR and 23min. Its the 5th greater than 1HOUR hold than i've done...ALL without answer. ALL OF THEM!
    When you DO get thru, its after hours...and ...eish sorry...dee acounts department is closed now. Call tmrw.
    I am so sick of this i can SCREAM.
    I have had this number for 14 years! That means i have been (with the other 7 lines i have) that i have been a client for 14 years.
    Is this service?
    If anyone at vodacom can help me move my account from MTN that wont take 4 F-ing MONTHS...post where i can contact you pls!