MTNinsurance query

M Review updated:

I took out a contract for my wife, but the phone was stolen from her bag in a shop. We went through all the steps to block the phone, report it to the police, get a case number, blacklist the sim card. This happed on the 20th of February. When i send a mail to their costumer complaints, i get a mail back saying, "5 working days to resolve".
When i cal the MTN main office, i have to hold on for about an hour before speaking to some one, . Then i am transfered to the insurance department, again having to hold on for an hour. Even if i speak to a specific person, and resend the claim form to him/her specifically, there is just no resolve. I have been paying my account ever since, but i get no service. I sent a mail trying to cancel the contract, I tried through their web sight, and through Nashua mobile's sight, but i can't even find the number on the system. What must i do? In my opinion this is fraud, because i can not just stop paying, but i get no service. Please help? I don't have the proof of the mails or documents that i filled any more. Got lost some how.

Oct 16, 2008
    Mtn - Brad is a Cheat and a [censored]er
    MTN Talent & Model Development
    35th Ave
    New York
    New York

Brad the owner is ###er and I request all of you who got a call from his company not to meet him. He will rob your money like anything, I request please file a criminal complaint on him.

• M
      Nov 07, 2008
    Mtn - transfer of ownership
    South Africa

I have sent in an application about 5 mths ago to transfer one of my moblie phone accounts into my son's name but to this date no-one has done anything about it!!!
    It is actually becoming very irritating to wait for them to do anything about it!

• I

Mar 27, 2009
    Mtn - Illegal deductions for three months
    Nirosh Sriram
    South Africa

deductions have been made from my credit card for three months though i had ported to Nashua. They have reimbursedme i Feb 09 but have debited me for the total amount a few days later. They cannot explain the reasons, but nobody will correct the problem.

• L
      Apr 15, 2009

I cancelled my contract July 2008 at MTN Fourways Mall, Johannesburg, and for the past 8 months MTN still debit my bank account. I Have contacted them on numerous occasions to complain but no luck at all. Service very very very bad.

• R
      May 21, 2009
    Mtn - SCAM
    South Africa

MTN must be in serious financial difficulty especially after the Idols disaster - having to "fork" out prizes to two winners.

They are now resorting to "scamming" customers to enter their so-called 15-year competition!

No up-front disclaimer that terms and conditions apply!!!

To add insult to injury, to opt out of the "scam" a client must sms STOP - at a cost no doubt.

• G
      Jul 09, 2009
    Mtn - barred line
    Trinicle Nig Limited
    110 Trana Amadi Phc
    Phone: [protected]

Please kindly unbarred my number, i was trying to rechared my line, when sudden;y i got a message that my line has been barred, i can receive calls, but cannot call out.My phone number is [protected].
    Thanks.

Jul 20, 2009
    Mtn - did not apply for funmobile
    South Africa

I DID NOT APPLY FOR FUNMOBILE AND YOU KEEP TAKING MONEY FROM MY AIRTIME. I SENT AN SMS TO STOP BUT NOTTHING HAPPENED PLEASE STOP IT AND REFUND MY MONEY. I AM A 40 YEAR OLD LADY AND DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR GAMES ON CELLPHONES. THANK YOU.

Aug 13, 2009

Hello,
    I received a message from MTN Online message that i won N1.000.000.00 & a free ticket to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa with the below verification code (462070)
    How could i believe this and what would i do to proceed for the processing of the money i won and the ticket also.
    i will be waiting to read from you fast...here is my phone number below...
    [protected]...
    Hope to read from you along along with the necessary things i need to do to claim my price.
    Thanks and God bless.

Aug 26, 2009
    Mtn - over scratched card
    Nigeria

please i over scratched an mtn 200 credit i wld appreciate it if my account can be credited to this effect this is the cad serial number:[protected] and this is my phone number [protected].

Sep 18, 2009
    Mtn - simblocked
    ali abdu
    Nigeria

i tried to change my pin and puk code for sim lock in the process i forgot the new pin after several trials my sim was rejected. pls kindly unblock my number is [protected].

Sep 22, 2009
    Mtn - can receive a call or sms
    Nigeria

for the past week i can only make calls but can not receive one likewise sms. the number i am using is [protected]. kindly assist please.

Oct 15, 2009
    Mtn - cannot load my card
    Nigeria

i cannot load a card someone bought and sent to me since yesterday, i tried loadind it several times but it says its been used or invalid

The 12 digit pin is [protected]

Mtn - VERIFICATION MTN RANDOM DRAW
    UGWU PERPETUAL CHINASA
    Nigeria

I received mtn sms this morning that i have benefited one million naira in the 2009 october random draw, my phone no is [protected] i dont know how to verify with code issued to me.

MY CODE IS 004848

MY RANDOM DRAW CODE IS 004848

• M
      Oct 27, 2009

i received a text on my mobile phone from mtn this morning 27th oct 2009.stating that i have won 1, 000, 000 naira in the october random draw.i was given a code.my phone number is.[protected].HOW TRUE IS IT? Email..[protected]@yahoo.com.PLEASE I NEED A CONFIRMATION.MARY EMAIKWU>KADUNA.

• V

dear customer care,
    I'm indeed grateful for receiving a text msg. from u'r MTN October random draw of #1000.000 this morning with a code of 004848.
    pls., i have no idea of this kind, i need u'r assistant to claim my prize.
    thanking u in anticipation for a favourable consideration

vincent w chinda.

[protected] or [protected]@yahoo.com

Mtn - sms scam contest
    Nigeria

i received a massage on my phone that I have benefited #1, 000, 000 in the 2009 october random draw, i was given a code, and i was ask to visit www.xtracooloffer.com, within 24 hours for my reward. i have been trying to log on the site is not opening, is it a scam?

Oct 29, 2009
    Mtn - how to claim an offer
    MTN October draw
    Nigeria

how to claim of offer of one million which was send to me through my cellular phone through sms with phone [protected] for 2009 extra cool October random draw

Oct 29, 2009

I received a messsage on my phone that i have benefited #1, 000, 000 in the 2009 october. Is it true? If yes how can i posses it, as your costomer. Attached here is my code no. 004848. And my account no. [protected] [intercontinental bank plc]. Thanks.

Oct 29, 2009

I received a message on my phone that i have benefited #1, 000, 000 in the 2009 october. is true?if yes how i can i posses it you can call me on [protected] .

Oct 29, 2009

what will i do to posses and benefit the 1, 000, 000 in the october 2009 that was sent to my my phone.

• D
    Mtn - 2009 0ctomber random draw claim
    nil
    Nigeria

i was sent to visit this website in order to claim #1m in 2009 octomber random draw.how do i get my reward

Oct 29, 2009

No one can be this stupid...

Oct 29, 2009

received a massage on from MTN NO 180 my phone that I have benefited #1, 000, 000 in the 2009 october random draw, i was given a code, and i was ask to visit www.xtracooloffer.com, within 24 hours for my reward. i have been trying to log on the site is not opening, is it a scam? my [protected]. please do...

• N
      Oct 30, 2009

I received a massage that i am one of the beneficials of mtn 2009 oct. xtracool random draw and i was given a code no. my mtn phone no is [protected]. pls how sure is it. my name Noel Udeze from Asaba.

• K
    Mtn - text from mtn of been a benefited offer of 1million
    advition
    octoberdraw.com

i saw a text massage this morning of been a benefited,
    and the web site is not going.
    it is that mtn is telling us lies.
    [protected]

Mtn - How to get the money
    nill
    octoberdraw.com

i got a message of xtralcool draw @ 4:30 am dated 30th/10/2009. how do i got the money, the sum of N1, 000.000.00 reply immediately to my MTN No [protected]. thanks

• E
      Oct 30, 2009

what kind of expensive joke is mtn embarking on.the website is fake.from ogbaini emmanuel

HELLO A MESSAGE WAS SENT TO ME TELLING ME THAT I WON ONE MILLION NIARA,
    BUT AM UNABLE TO ACCESS TOHE PAGE PLEASE HELP ME HERE IS MY CELL NUMBER [protected]

• T
    Mtn - mtn text
    Nigeria

Goa text message on my mtn handset that the sum of N1000000 has been credited to me in the 2009 xtracool october random draw.
    to visit "www.octoberdraw.com"
    This website is not opening.
    Is this a hoax?
    Reply to mtn mobile phone No. [protected] or email address - [protected]@yahoo.com
    Toye Ajigboye

• K
      Oct 30, 2009

i saw a text this morning, but no result is found .what is going on, MTN [protected]

Mtn - About 1M Winning
    BARWOOD LTD
    Nigeria

I recieved a massage on my phone today 30th Oct 2009 that I have benifited 1 million naira in your Oct 2009 random draw and was given a code number 004848 and directed to visit www.xtracooloffer.com for my reward within 24 hours. I treid to locate the site but to no avail. Is it a scam? my number is [protected]
    Thanks.

OLU OTUBU

Oct 30, 2009

i got a text message dis morning dat1m have been credited to me from mtn but hav open web site and fill in all neccesary data but there is no information on it up till now. my number is [protected].

Oct 30, 2009

I recieve a message this morning that I won 1million october xtracool draw and I want to conferm how true it is and how can i get it

Oct 30, 2009

I received a message today that i won an offer of the xtracool random draw. i am meant to log on the website but it is not connecting. here are my data if eventually i am unable to log on in 24hrs as stipulated by the text message.
    NAME: ODHEGBA A VICTORY
    PHONE NO. [protected]
    CITY: PORTHARCOURT
    EMAIL: [protected]@yahoo.com

Oct 30, 2009

Hello MTN, I received a message this morning from MTN xtracool that I have won one million naira but iam also unable to access the web site or page.Please, help me to claim my prize.My MTN number is [protected].
    Thanks Ajibua sunday mathew

Mtn - I GOT A TEXT FROM MTN,CAN'T SEE THE MONEY
    MTN
    Nigeria

A TEXT WAS SENT TO ME, THAT I JUST WORN 1000000, ON THE OCTORBERRANDOM DRWA, BUT CAN'T SEE THE MONEY.

Oct 30, 2009

i recieve a text message this morning from mtn that i was among the octoberdraw for 1, 000, 000 naira wish will be credited to my account, with a given code that i should log on to www.octoberdraw.com.but i cant find any money, pls is it 419