MovadoDesign / clasp failure

I hope this complaint will find its way for serious consideration in future designs and happier customers.
I “splurged” on two Movado watches last Christmas, one for myself and one for my husband as a wedding gift to ourselves. These are not cheap watches... I had the Belamoda for myself, and his was something like a Dura. I was excited to finally own a Movado watch as I always loved their designs and prestigious brand.
Unfortunately, I found that they are no better or perhaps even worse than the $80 Guess and Fossil ones I had in high school, which I've used when I was much more active and probably withstand much more abuse than how I treated my Movado watch. I didn't even wear my Movado every day because it was something special.
2 months after I purchased my watch, I LOST my watch, most likely due to the clasp failure. It was winter, I was wearing a sweater, and a jacket and lots of layers, that I must not have felt it fall, or drop into the snow. A year later, my husband had 2 close calls where the clasp released itself but luckily he still has his.
I expected much more from Movado, so I am greatly disappointed. I know I can't expect Movado to replace my watch, because I lost it. I can't prove the clasp failed, though I am pretty sure that's what happened. Especially since it failed for our 2nd watch too.
I have nothing but a box to show for it now, but I do hope that Movado takes this complaint into consideration for their designs to avoid more disappointed customers.