[Resolved] Motorite Administratorsa valid warranty claim rejected

G Aug 06, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam
Re: Rejected claim under Policy Number: CCA32573T
I refer to the above and my claim lodged on 19 July 2018 under the policy number CCA32573T.
I am deposing to this letter to reiterate my disdain with the way your offices treated my claim and the rejections of same.
On the 24 August 2016, I took out an extended warranty for my VW Polo 1.4 Tsi GTI DSG with Motorite, to have peace of mind in case I have any mechanical failure. I have been servicing my vehicle at regular intervals as agreed upon in our agreement and to further protect it from mechanical failure which might be caused as a result of non-service.
On the 31/07/2018 I received the rejection letter for my claim dated 19/07/2018 that has been logged with Motorite stating the reason for the rejection. The clause 21 (a), (b), (c) and (d) are unclear and fails to provide the necessary clarity in respect of the items excluded from the warranty.
It is alleged that the cause of the failure to the base engine is because of the injectors.
Be advised that clause 20 explicitly states that the engine and the fuel system are covered under the policy, therefore rejecting my claim is trite and I have recourse in terms of the agreement.
Attached is a copy of the rejection letter and my policy documents for ease of reference.
Lastly, be advised that I will be engaging the Ombudsman herein, depending your response hereto.
I await your soonest reply herein.

Yours faithfully,
Gavin Valentine

• Resolution Statement

• Motorite Administrators Customer Care's Response · Aug 07, 2018

Dear Sir / Madam,

We acknowledge receipt of your complaint, however in order for us to further investigate the matter and provide you adequate feedback we will require the following information:

Policy / Contract number:
    I.D number:
    Vehicle Registration number:

Thank you for your cooperation and patience herein.
    Kind Regards,