Mother ComputersCustomer Care

C

On August 6 I took my computer to Mothers and had it cleaned and programs checked for a $60 charge. They confirmed that all was well and told me to come in to pick it up which I did. I returned home and set it up, the computer would not start up properly. I admit I should have had them show me at their Store that in fact it was running properly but I trusted them. I returned the computer (desk top) to them the next day. They worked on it and then called me to tell me the Hard Disk had failed and it needed a new hard drive. I lost a lot of my material, and they did not set up the new hard drive properly. When I went in to pick it up I asked to have it started so I could see that it was running properly. The computer did not start up properly and the excuse this time was that “someone” had not shut it down correctly, oh joy, that someone was whoever was working on the repair. They finally got it up and running. I took it home and realized that the lost material was not able to be recovered and I had to install all my other programs again, which I knew would be the case. I had my old hard drive and thought that something was not right. I took that old hard drive that was suppose to be no good to another Good Computer Company and had them run 4 tests on it. Guess what, there was nothing wrong with the hard drive and it did not need to be replaced. I have it set up as an external now and it works fine, although Mothers nuked a lot of the material. I returned to Mother on Aug 14 and spoke with the manager who was aware of the previous history. I presented my bill from Mothers and showed him the bill and the test results from the other Company. The manager denied that the tests could be right and refused to refund the $140.00 they charged me. I feel they should have at least done that and I would warn everyone to stay away from these guys, they didn’t back up any of my material and ruined a system, and have no morals or customer concern. They know they made a mistake and a good Company would refund the money and apologize for the screw up.