Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Flooring Installation Mohawk Industries Carpet fibers coming out leaving holes

Mohawk Industries review: Carpet fibers coming out leaving holes

T
Author of the complaint
6:09 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had Mohawk carpet installed in Oct 2010. In Nov I found holes coming in the carpet due to the fibers coming out. I contacted the store where I purchased it and they filed a complaint. It took me til Feb 9th 2011 to get it replaced. The day of installing the new replacement carpet I found a few lg holes in this one also. The more I looked the more smaller ones I found. I found these while the installer was still here. He called store and later that day I was told that He was meeting with a Mohawk Rep the next morning. Nothing has been done and I havent heard a word other than... MOHAWK IS DOING TESTING ON THE CARPET...Every time I vacuum I find more holes and I find the fibers all over the house. I have had to clean my vacuum out 3 times already because the carpet is coming out so much and stopping it up. Its getting to me and my kids breathing this junk all the time.
Mohawk dont seem to stand behind their products very well. Seems from what I have been dealing with and others that I have read about all they do is give ppl the run around hoping they will get tired of complaining and going through all the red tape that they will just give up on it.
DO NOT BUY MOHAWK CARPET IF YOU WANT LONG LASTING CARPET AND YOU CARE ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILYS HEALTH. ALL THE FIBERS COME OUT AND FLOAT IN THE AIR AND CAN CAUSE BREATHING PROBLEMS AND SEVERE ALLERGY PROBLEMS. MY WHOLE FAMILY HAS BEEN SUFFERING FROM SEVERAL HEALTH RELATED PROBLEMS DUE TO MOHAWK TAKING ITS SWEET TIME DECIDING IF THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEFECTIVE CARPET THAT HAD THE CARPET BACKING SHOWING IN SPOTS THE DAY IT WAS INSTALLED.

More Mohawk Industries complaints & reviews

Mohawk Industries - Awful service
Mohawk Industries - Defect in Carpet/Warranty refusal
1 comments
C

i bought mokawk carpet i aug of 2008 my family and i are having alot of health issues because of this carpet there are holes all over my carpet also mohawk came out and blamed me for the holes and the fiber coming outit is only me and my husband that live here there is no traffic in my home other then my husband and i iwish someone would start a class action suit againt these people my # is [protected]

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

24 complaints