Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Online Scams MNI Credit Report Services Charging monthly fee!

MNI Credit Report Services - Charging monthly fee!

V
Author of the complaint
4:41 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They adv. - free credit report - no charge! But, need a credit card #. Should have known better - but, gave it. Got the rating, and at the same time, stated: I do not want your service - never intended to sign up for service - DO NOT USE MY CARD - DO NOT SIGN ME UP FOR THIS SERVICE - NEVER DEDUCT A FEE FROM ME! Two weeks later, I was e-mailed stating that nothing had been reported on me. I immediately e-mailed them - stating: I do not want your service - I did not sign up for service - I only did the "free" one time check! My bank statement shows a debit on my account in the amo. of $11.95!

Jan 31, 2008 1:22 pm

I cannot find information on these people to try to get this stopped - I am not going to Kentucky's Attorney General!

Helpful? 0 0
130 comments
I
Sep 15, 2008 4:41 pm

This company claimed that they can give a credit report for free. When I went through the registration process, I not only received a report I couldn't understand, they also charged my credit card. I never authorized the charge and didn't know that there was a cancellation period. I noticed there have been so many complaints against this company. So why are they still allowed to operate? I tried looking for their phone number online but couldn't find any information. I tried calling one number and they asked for my account number which I don't have. Then after they passed me around a few times, I talked to a customer service agent who said I have the wrong company. What the hell? How do I cancel this thing if I can't even get in touch with them. HELP>>

Aug 17, 2007 4:41 pm

My Husband and I just recently refinanced our house. He obviously used CreditReport.com. I checked the site out, and at the Shopping Cart page it says ... "Did you know...

By ordering a free credit report, you will automatically be enrolled in a 30 day free trial of credit monitoring. You will receive automatic notifications of changes to your credit report. You will be billed $9.95 for each month that you continue your membership if you do not cancel your membership within the trial period. You may cancel anytime – there is no obligation."

I wish my husband read this and told me, or I had paid more attention to the emails I received regarding the monitoring service.

Ironically, MNI has a website, cardpal.com, where you can report fraudulent charges...

L
Dec 19, 2007 4:41 pm

At the urging of Arlington County Police, my wife signed-up with "free 30 day credit card reports" as my son's i.d. had been stolen. My wife naively gave this company #3 social security numbers and our credit card number. Result... she forgot to cancel... after 30 days and M.N.I. has been billing my credit card in the amount of 11.95 ..three times each month for the past three months. My calls to their office have met with no satisfaction.

Please alert others regarding this company's scam.

B
May 24, 2007 4:41 pm

I've had two charged hit my checking account for $9.95 each. Don't have a clue why. Put my debit card in when inquiring about my credit score. Does anybody know how to make them stop?

Mar 10, 2008 4:41 pm

Watch for charges on your credit after getting a "free" credit report from MNI Credit Reports. They will begin charging your credit card $11.95 every month thereafter. The will NOT reverse the charges for the current month charged.

I've told them to cancel my "subscription" and not to charge me again, I guess we shall see.

Nov 06, 2007 4:41 pm

I have never contacted or used this company and somehow they have gotten my credit information and are automatically debiting 9.95 per month out of my account. I called [protected] and was kept on hold for 15 minutes then someone answered and hung up on me. This happened 4 times. I will have to stop payment at my bank.

0 0

I do not recall giving this company permission to withdraw funds from my checking account. I want this stopped at once.

Aug 18, 2008 4:41 pm

MY GOSH! This company steals my money 3 times already. What should I do? Every month, they keep on deducting from 11-12 dollars from my bank account.

F
Jul 21, 2008 4:41 pm

I just realized today that they have been charging my account $11.95 for the past 5 months. I had not even heard of this company before.

Jun 30, 2008 4:41 pm

MNI is charging my credit card $11.95 per month for supposed credit checks. I have not authorized them to make these credit checks and have certainly not authorized them to charge my account. I had my old card information stolen and reported it to the federal trade commission and to the big 3 for credit check verifications. Now I'm being charged each month for something I didn't authorize.

B
Jun 17, 2008 4:41 pm

We have not authorize this company to charges our card, we have recently check our card statement and it shows this company name that shows: MNI*CREDITRPT SERVICES [protected] and charges me twice some more of $$12.95
(pending). My bank cant do anything yet until the pending is removed from my statement.

This is rediculous and need to stop.

We want this wrong doing to stop NOW!

Jun 03, 2008 4:41 pm

I have never subscribed to this company but am charged on my credit card monthly in the amount of $11.95. I can't find them and have trouble removing them.

May 31, 2008 4:41 pm

responded to an ad through a local newspaper website for a FREE credit score, which I received. I now receive my credit card bill which has a charge for $12.98 from MNI credit services which I didn't authorize, nor was I aware that these charges were going to appear. I am going to contact the credit card co. and have a new card number issued, and I am not going to pay this gharge.
Don

May 24, 2008 4:41 pm

I have no address or phone number for MNI Credit Report Services. They offered free credit report but have been charging me $12.95 per month for this service. I want to cancel but cannot locate them.

May 23, 2008 4:41 pm

I got on the internet for free credit card services. When they wanted a lot of personal information I got out of internet. They somehow got my credit card number and charged me $12.95 for a free number and I didn't receive any information. I also read another Internet person that had the same thing happen to them. Its a rip off.

May 21, 2008 4:41 pm

Want to cancel auto pay from this company and can' t find contact information. Not receiving services they are supposed to be providing. Plz advise smb, what can be done in this situation.

May 20, 2008 4:41 pm

Unknown charges appeared on my account. I called the number listed to find out what the charge was from. I talked to a man who would not tell me what service he actually provided, persistently denied that his supervisor was available, and raised his voice when I tried to commit him to answer valid questions that I had about the charges and services his company provided.

Apr 01, 2008 4:41 pm

I have been being charged $12.95 a month for services that I did not ask for. Would you please cancel my membership as of 4/1/2008.

Cynthia Porter

Mar 25, 2008 4:41 pm

I was charged 12.95 on 3/24 for the MNI*CREDITRPT SERVICES. I canceled that and still being charged for it. I would like the money back into my account with the overdraft fee of 25.00 my bank charged me. I should have not had that taking out of my account because I did cancel with them.

Mar 25, 2008 4:41 pm

I am trying to stop payments from being deducted from my account automatically, but cannot reach anyone.

V
Feb 20, 2008 4:41 pm

I ordered a credit report and, without knowing, was signed up for a credit monitoring service. I had no idea I was purchasing this service at the time.

The company is www.creditreport.com. Call [protected] to cancel this service.

Feb 10, 2008 4:41 pm

I went on line to get a FREE credit report. I DID NOT ever receive the credit report and was, unbeknownst to me, enrolled in a credit report service that charges my credit card $11.95 monthly. This is unbelievable, and I do not know how companies get away with this. I am very angry and will report this company to as many agencies as I can, including the Better Business Bureau and any Consumer Protection Agencies that I can find.

Nov 13, 2007 4:41 pm

Unauthorized deduction from my checking account - they posted misleading information that there would be no charge if subscription was canceled within a certain time period. I canceled that same day, and now they have debited 11.95 from my account.

T
Oct 12, 2007 4:41 pm

This company continues to automatically deduct money from our bank account. We have canceled and they continue to deduct. Have trouble finding a contact number. Apparently I am not the first to have this trouble.

Beware!

R
Jul 12, 2007 4:41 pm

MNI Credit Reporting Services is charging a monthly fee of $9.95 to my credit card. I was not advised that this monthly fee would charged for requesting a "free" advertised service.

T
Jun 15, 2007 4:41 pm

MNI Credit Report Services doing business as Mighty Net, Inc. is located at 9040 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Floor 2, Canoga Park, CA 91304.

Please make complaints to: Federal Trade Commission www.ftc.gov (select Consumer Protection button and then select file a complaint).

Also you can file a complaint with: http://www.bbb.org/complaint.asp (this link will transfer you to the California BBB).

Apr 26, 2007 4:41 pm

MNI Credit Report Services is taking money from my bank account without my authorization. Stealing is against the law, as far as i know.

J

CHARGES TO MY CREDIT CARD THAT I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THEY SAY I SET UP AN ACCOUNT BUT I DID NOT THEY HAVE MY EMAIL ADDRESSAND ALL MY INFORMATION BUT I DID NOT GIVE OUT THIS CREDIT CARD NUMBER THAT IT IS SHOWING UP ON4

Jul 10, 2008 4:41 pm

Unauthorized debit has been taken out of my account. Please discontinue these services. My wife nor myself has authorized these services.

G
Jun 30, 2008 4:41 pm

This company is charging my Visa account $11.95 a month and I have not subscribed to their service. I want them to stop charging me for a product I do not receive. Beware people!

Jun 12, 2008 4:41 pm

We did not sign up for this monthly service of $11.95. We have contacted this company and have yet to get this amount taken off our credit card. Please know that this is a fraud. Company name-- MNI Credit Report Services.

Jun 09, 2008 4:41 pm

Add me to the list- this damn company keeps billing me for 'credit monitoring' or some such thing. I, too, have tried to remove myself from their "Service"; to no avail. Does ANYONE know how to contact these people? contact me @ [email protected] with help, PLEASE!

L
Jun 03, 2008 4:41 pm

I got charged for a credit report when i never asked for one and have never put in any information towards getting one...

May 20, 2008 4:41 pm

I did inquire about my free credit report. Since that time I have been charges $25 and a month later another $12. I would like to be disenrolled as of today, and receive no further charges.

R
Apr 08, 2008 4:41 pm

I am getting automatic charges to my Visa credit card and these charges were not authorized by me. I will do what ever it takes to recover these charges, this is absolute fraud.

Ronnie Stone.

Apr 01, 2008 4:41 pm

My Visa got charged $11.95 for something (that to the best of my knowledge) I never ordered from MNI Credit report services.

K
Mar 08, 2008 4:41 pm

This site has been taking money out of my account, after i had told them I did not want their service. It has cost me $24 now and continuing.

Feb 19, 2008 4:41 pm

I never authorized this company to these charges. I signed up for a free credit report and now I cannot find a way to cancel these charges.

Feb 18, 2008 4:41 pm

Did a "free" credit report that was actually on my bank's website. Next thing I know, they're taking automatic withdrawals from my bank account! I want them to stop.

Jan 13, 2008 4:41 pm

This company has illegally charged $9.95 to my USBank debit card. I have been scammed so many times I'm getting tired of it. These people should be gassed. I hope I don't come across you on a dark street cause I'll beat your f*!#@# #@!