MNI Credit Report ServicesCharging monthly fee!

V

They adv. - free credit report - no charge! But, need a credit card #. Should have known better - but, gave it. Got the rating, and at the same time, stated: I do not want your service - never intended to sign up for service - DO NOT USE MY CARD - DO NOT SIGN ME UP FOR THIS SERVICE - NEVER DEDUCT A FEE FROM ME! Two weeks later, I was e-mailed stating that nothing had been reported on me. I immediately e-mailed them - stating: I do not want your service - I did not sign up for service - I only did the "free" one time check! My bank statement shows a debit on my account in the amo. of $11.95!

• Mi
    Michelle McCormick Apr 26, 2007

MNI Credit Report Services is taking money from my bank account without my authorization. Stealing is against the law, as far as i know.

• Ti
    TIffany Sanchez Apr 26, 2007

I have incurred 80.00 so far on charges towards my bank. I can't figure out a way to "cancel" the service charge either. Apparently "nobody shows us as being an active client" but, they're charging two charges each month.

Master Sgt William McPherson May 12, 2007

I agree. I am fighting to stop this company from charging my card. I ordered 1 report sometime ago and they keep charging my card 9.95 every month when i did not sign up for anything other than 1 report. This company is a scam and i am contacting my credit card company on this very issue. Better yet, I may personally go to their office and raise hell since I warned them about this before.

• Bo
    Bonnie Brockamp May 24, 2007

I've had two charged hit my checking account for $9.95 each. Don't have a clue why. Put my debit card in when inquiring about my credit score. Does anybody know how to make them stop?

• Ti
    Tiffany M. Sandlin Jun 01, 2007

I too received unauthorized charges on my credit card after getting what I thought was a free credit report through Trans Union credit services. I did however find the number to MNI (1-866-408-4016) and canceled the charges immediately. I supposedly was not charged for the credit report but for a monitoring service that I do not recall authorizing (I assume it was in the fine print). They gave me a confirmation code for the cancellation, we'll see if it is on next months credit card statement. I am turning them into the BBB and everyone else that this has happened to should as well.

Makeithia Daniels Jun 04, 2007

I no longer wish to view my credit report. I do not want to view my credit report any more and I REFUSE to pay for something that I am not using. I would appreciate a reply stating they will no longer charge my checking account a fee for something I am not using.

• Sh
    Sharon Wolsley Jun 05, 2007

These people claim that when you sign up for a free credit report, you are automatically enrolled in their credit monitoring service and you have to call them within 30 days to put out of the service - otherwise, they charge you $9.95 a month. My credit card company is helping me to take care of this!!!

• Tg
    TGBAILEY Jun 15, 2007

MNI Credit Report Services doing business as Mighty Net, Inc. is located at 9040 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Floor 2, Canoga Park, CA 91304.

Please make complaints to: Federal Trade Commission www.ftc.gov (select Consumer Protection button and then select file a complaint).

Also you can file a complaint with: http://www.bbb.org/complaint.asp (this link will transfer you to the California BBB).

Matthew Creel Jun 19, 2007

Thank you!!!

• Su
    Suzi Jarvis Jun 19, 2007

The same thing happened to me, but I can't get a legit phone number to cancel. Any suggestions?

• Ta
    TASHA MARQUEZ Jul 04, 2007

I recently was going threw my back invoice and noticed these charges of 9.95 i have not received a credit report so why am i being charged for something i never ordered? How can i stop this!

• Ka
    Katharine Murphy Kneidel Jul 06, 2007

I went on line to get a free credit report. Charges started showing up as "purchases" from MNI*CreditRprt. After complaining to my bank, they told me to call the MNI Credit reporting company, which I did. They claimed that I had subscribed to something, which I did not, and that there was FREE a 30-day trial period (during which period I was charged THREE TIMES - May 31 for $14.95, June 3 for $9.95 and June 29 for $9.95). So, if you are reading this, and know of a class action suit against this company, I would be happy to join in. In the meantime, my bank is investigating the fraudulent charges. I suggest working with your bank and calling MNI to cancel, which they will do. However, I suggest getting a new debit card with a different number to ensure no more charges can be applied.

• Ri
    Richard G Hooker Jul 12, 2007

MNI Credit Reporting Services is charging a monthly fee of $9.95 to my credit card. I was not advised that this monthly fee would charged for requesting a "free" advertised service.

• Ju
    julian pope Jul 19, 2007

The same thing is happening to me. I have spoken with a company rep trying to terminate this service and the charges continue. I was told that the charges would stop but they haven't. My next option is to cancel the credit card that is being billed.

I DO NOT WANT this service. I WANT the charges stopped. I WANT a refund of the charges up to now. My next contact will be to the Better Business folks, and then to my lawyer.

Sencerely
    Julian Pope

Jane B. Jones Aug 01, 2007

I have just been informed by a very rude person that this can only be canceled by phone and that I had been informed 3 times about the charges. I was not informed and how is anyone supposed to know that a phone call is required. The no. is 1-866-408-4016.

They would not credit my account for any charges.

Jessica Dale Aug 17, 2007

My Husband and I just recently refinanced our house. He obviously used CreditReport.com. I checked the site out, and at the Shopping Cart page it says ... "Did you know...

By ordering a free credit report, you will automatically be enrolled in a 30 day free trial of credit monitoring. You will receive automatic notifications of changes to your credit report. You will be billed $9.95 for each month that you continue your membership if you do not cancel your membership within the trial period. You may cancel anytime – there is no obligation."

I wish my husband read this and told me, or I had paid more attention to the emails I received regarding the monitoring service.

Ironically, MNI has a website, cardpal.com, where you can report fraudulent charges...

• Ck
    C K Aug 22, 2007

Yet, another victim to a monthly charge for a service that I canceled.

• Pa
    Pamela Offenhauser Sep 11, 2007

Refused to cancel some credit report service or something when I requested my credit report. It showed up on my credit card statement and when I called they wouldn't refund.

charterlady Sep 22, 2007

Ok, I called FreeCreditReport.com....I finally found a way to get through. They accepted my cancellation of this MNI "Service" which I never knowingly agreed to. (I will be watching my billing like a hawk!) Their email to me said to call MNI at 818 407-4620 (I am in the Virgin Islands, and the 800 no. doesn't work). I actually spoke to someone within 1.5 mins. who politely informed me that no rebate of $90 taken from me would be issued as I had had 30 days to cancel their services which were detailed "in the terms of agreement" when I signed on. Guess you REALLY gotta read the fine print. He checked my card and found that CreditReport.com had, in fact, cancelled my billing. As to rebating anything, my ranting and raving got nowhere. Not really surprised....I will be complaining to the FTC. FYI, the only FREE government sanctioned credit report which we are all supposed to have access to yearly is www.annualcreditreport.com. Beware of substitutions....and false FREE-ness elsewhere. Margo Rose

• Th
    Thomas Jean Oct 12, 2007

This company continues to automatically deduct money from our bank account. We have canceled and they continue to deduct. Have trouble finding a contact number. Apparently I am not the first to have this trouble.

Beware!

• As
    Ashly Houghton Oct 12, 2007

My bank account was charged for 3 MONTHS without authorization. They would not refund my money because they said I had to cancel my services within 30 days of signing up. I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR ANYTHING!!! They got all of my bank information, my social security number, my address, and my phone number ??? I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how they got it all, but I NEVER signed up for anything through their company. I didnt even know who they were!

Beware! It's completely fraud!

• Br
    brian Oct 15, 2007

I was just billed in October 2007, for the first time, in the amount of $9.95 for "services rendered" beginning in July 2006! These fraudsters now tell me that they intend to bill me $9.95 for each of the last 15 months. When I explained that I would've canceled this "service" 15 months ago had they ever billed, wrote or invoiced me, because I never wanted this service or knew I was paying for it, the floor manager named Fernando Ayala #612 basically told me this was my problem.

My credit card company is not paying the charges. Of course, they can now -- irony or ironies -- threaten to damage my credit for the unpaid sum.

This is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen. If there are any class lawyers reading this, then you should jump on it.

• Ph
    Phyllis J Sweetman Oct 19, 2007

Charge of $11.95 charged to credit card/unauthorized charge.

• De
    Deb Dahlberg Rowland Nov 06, 2007

I have never contacted or used this company and somehow they have gotten my credit information and are automatically debiting 9.95 per month out of my account. I called 1-866-408-4016 and was kept on hold for 15 minutes then someone answered and hung up on me. This happened 4 times. I will have to stop payment at my bank.

Jennifer A. Hughes Nov 13, 2007

Unauthorized deduction from my checking account - they posted misleading information that there would be no charge if subscription was canceled within a certain time period. I canceled that same day, and now they have debited 11.95 from my account.

• Me
    Melissa Shows Nov 30, 2007

I have been charged twice in 1 month 11.95 for a service I have no recollection of approving. TWICE in a month. There is no such thing as a 'free credit report'.

• Ca
    Cassandra M Thompson Dec 06, 2007

I went on this website to check my credit. The nest thing I know my credit card is being charged for credit services that I was not aware of.

• Le
    Len L. Funk Dec 19, 2007

At the urging of Arlington County Police, my wife signed-up with "free 30 day credit card reports" as my son's i.d. had been stolen. My wife naively gave this company #3 social security numbers and our credit card number. Result... she forgot to cancel... after 30 days and M.N.I. has been billing my credit card in the amount of 11.95 ..three times each month for the past three months. My calls to their office have met with no satisfaction.

Please alert others regarding this company's scam.

• Er
    ernest burke Jan 09, 2008

I disagree with all the agreement I have to go through to have my credit score so I would like to canceled.

• Er
    ernest burke Jan 09, 2008

I agree with ststement of canceled credit report.

Marc R. Jan 13, 2008

This company has illegally charged $9.95 to my USBank debit card. I have been scammed so many times I'm getting tired of it. These people should be gassed. I hope I don't come across you on a dark street cause I'll beat your f*!#@# #@!!

• Br
    brandy zimmer Jan 22, 2008

I been charged 29.90 for a credit report I requested and that was fine. that was it! Then finding out now after 6months later I been charged 11.95 every month! I signed no agreement for anything for anything to continue after ordering one credit report! I just wanted a credit report. Im so upset that is just about 100.00 deducted from my card! for what? what ###! I am taking action against this! What a mistake even doing business with that scam.

• Be
    Beware!!!! Jan 22, 2008

Similar experience. I noticed a charge for $24.95 on my amex. I contacted the company, was disconnected three times before reaching their "fraud" department. The person in the "fraud" department seemed more intent on committing fraud than seriously following up on my complaint. I explained that I had not authorized the charge and that I had never heard of the company or service they offer. She said that to verify my information I would have to provide her with the credit card number that was used (which I did), the names of all authorized card holders attached to this account (which I didn't, while there are others they have different numbers), my email address (I gave her the first 5 letters) my address (which I didn't). She said that unless I presented them with a subpoena they were unable to help me refund the charges. AMEX has initiated a fraud investigation. I think the attorney general needs to investigate this.

• Al
    Alicia Rivas Jan 31, 2008

All the stories I am reading are the same as mine. I did a FREE CREDIT REPORT and then I started getting charged $11.95 a month. I would never have known about it but I am trying to watch what I am spending and seeing where the money goes. I was astonished to find this MNI*CREDITRPT SERVICES 800-720-4420 CA charging my account. When I called they said that I agreed to their terms and that I had a chance to cancel. They even said that they sent emails but they must have went in my spam folder. These guys are good and they have definitely taught me a lesson. I will never be using those kinds of sites anymore and I will not be putting my credit card information down unless I know it is a secure site for sure. I can't believe that companies can be thieves get away with it.

• Vi
    vivian hippe webber Jan 31, 2008

I cannot find information on these people to try to get this stopped - I am not going to Kentucky's Attorney General!

Jean Anderson Feb 10, 2008

I went on line to get a FREE credit report. I DID NOT ever receive the credit report and was, unbeknownst to me, enrolled in a credit report service that charges my credit card $11.95 monthly. This is unbelievable, and I do not know how companies get away with this. I am very angry and will report this company to as many agencies as I can, including the Better Business Bureau and any Consumer Protection Agencies that I can find.

• Di
    Diane Wheatley Feb 18, 2008

Did a "free" credit report that was actually on my bank's website. Next thing I know, they're taking automatic withdrawals from my bank account! I want them to stop.

• Pa
    Patty Culligan Feb 19, 2008

I never authorized this company to these charges. I signed up for a free credit report and now I cannot find a way to cancel these charges.

• Ve
    Vernon Huxoll Feb 20, 2008

I ordered a credit report and, without knowing, was signed up for a credit monitoring service. I had no idea I was purchasing this service at the time.

The company is www.creditreport.com. Call 866-365-8654 to cancel this service.

Jacquelin Her Mar 03, 2008

I order a copy of my report for my husband and I. We paid almost $60 for two credit reports. THIS was ALL we wanted. I just check my account and see then they have charged me again... for services that I did not request or wanted. TOO BAD that their office is closed right now. Its even worse that they're doing this to so many other people!