MNI Credit Report ServicesCan't cancel automatic charges

S

This company is charging me monthly for credit reports and I can't find them to cancel. I will have to do this through my bank incurring additional charges.

Beware!

• Ad
    Adrienne W Jun 10, 2011

At least you guys signed up for it! I had never even been to the website before. Luckily, I haven't been charged because I canceled the account before someone "activated" the account. I don't think I've been a victim of identity fraud by an individualbecause I don't have any credit because I'm only 18. The only "credit" card I have is a bank card, which I canceled just to be safe.

• Sn
    snoopy236 Apr 29, 2011

i did sign on for $9.95 a month...but before i knew it..was paying $12.95 a month...i would be interested in a class action law suit!!!

marilyn gilbert Mar 30, 2011

I had been charged for four months - also didn't ask for a credit report, never received one, just had the charges show up. The number I called to fix this was [protected], which I found posted here in an older post, as well as on a few other sites. I just want everyone to know I phoned them on March 22nd and have already seen the refund of charges come through to my account. So CALL TODAY. I agree they should be sued or stopped from doing this to other, how many people never find out how to turn this off????

• Da
    DavidW Mar 28, 2011

Im in we need to sue this company. They charged me 19.95 on my CITI bank card and I have called them and the CITI and told them I never order this service and didn't know the existence of this company before, but the CITI keeps asking me about this and that, after 4 months, I still have to deal with this problem. The Company really needs a lawsuit. I never received a credit report from this company

• Es
    ESMERALDA ALARCON Mar 19, 2011

It is happening to me too. thank you for the hint.

Annette M Feb 26, 2011

Im in we need to sue this company the charges started at 9.95 then 14.95 and now 19.95 they think we were born yesterday the Company really needs a lawsuit. I never received a credit report from this company.

• Gi
    g. in boise Feb 16, 2011

MNI phone number is [protected]. Just talked to them and Chase Credit at the same time. Had to cancel my card to stop charges. They're defiant about what they offer, so I told them they need to read the complaints about their site, and the fraudulent charges being made at their expense!

• Gi
    g. in boise Feb 16, 2011

This is a phone # I got when I reported fraud with Chase Bank for the charges to my Credit Card. I was able to talk directly with MNI and informed them of the reports of fraud and complaints against their company. The other numbers posted for them amount to disconnected numbers, and one was an elderly lady in Arkansas! If you want to call them use this number. [protected]. I had to cancel my card so they couldn't use the number anymore...that's the only way to get them off your charge list.

christy_sun84 Feb 10, 2011

They just raised the rates to 19.95 a month. If you call the [protected] they will cancel the transactions. When you access your "free" credit report you are signing up to have someone monitor your credit. I never received any passwords to check out this information. I also never received any of the e-mails that I was told were sent to me about my credit score being adjusted.

• Sh
    shane b Jan 31, 2011

Call this number. They said they are able to refund up to 3 months for me. better than nothing but im stil pissed. anyway, its [protected]

• Dy
    DY Robinson Jan 26, 2011

I also have been a victim of MNICREDITREPORT.COM. Thanks Harold Keen for the 800 #. That was the only number that worked. I finally talked with a "live" person who said they would cancel it, but they couldn't refund any monies that I had already paid through their bank withdrawals. I am going this afternoon to my bank to talk with them about the fraudulent practices of this company. It was through my bank online services that I was offered a "FREE" credit report, and I have been paying for this "FREE" report since November. Good luck to everyone who deals with this theiving company.

• Sh
    shane b Jan 18, 2011

This is total BS! I live in North Carolina and they have been taking 14.95 out of my bank acct for the past 7 months!! I called and they said that I answered all the security questions and I had to go to my local police dept. to file for a identity report. Total BS!

• Ha
    hayden1107 Jan 15, 2011

I just was charge $14.95 through a debit card transaction without my knowing or my consent. need to call my bank and see how to stop this fraudulent scam.

• Mi
    mickeyiou1 Jan 02, 2011

Sounds like this last guy works for mni

• Vo
    voice of ? Dec 12, 2010

My brother told me about all the complaints against this company when I suggested he get a free credit report from the. I did and called the same day to cancel their free trial, with no problems. After reading a few of the post on this page I went back and ordered another report to give the web site a good looking over. What I found was a great way to get a free credit repot with little hassel, and possibly a service that shoul be looked at by the Gov. First, if you read the information in the Box it tells you up front that you can get a free credit report, and also get a free week of credit monitoring. All you have to do is call before the end of the week and listen to an offer of half price to keep the service if you want and if not they cancel and give you a number for your records to show that the service is canceled. My question to all the cry babies on here is if this company gave you three different times to read how their program works and even ask you to check a box stating that you understand that you must call to stop the service, why do you feel you have no resposiblity in making sure you do what you were supposed to to. I did some checking and for every 1 complaint there are 40 happy consumers that read the information and didn't just jump at the word free and not find out what the terms were I challenge any normal thinking consumer to goto creditreport.com and simply look at the website just the front page and tell me that you can't see that this company is beeing upfront. The people on here complaining are the same people you read about trying to help thoses Nigerians scamers.

• Ra
    rachel9 Dec 07, 2010

If you are still being charged by this service: contact [protected], select 1 or 2 (I chose 1 to speak to someone directly) they will verify it's you- via your social or the last 4 #'s of your social and your first/last name and email address. The lady I spoke with was not the most pleasant, but she cancelled the service- giving me also a cancellation # for my troubles. You will never receive a refund because these thieves are clever enough to cover their tracks, but you won't be taken for the $9.95/mo. or in my case $14.95! Aren't I the lucky one? haha. But good luck to everyone and be sure to read the fine print online from now on!!!
    Also, make sure to draw up a complaint with the better business bureau to help protect other victims of these internet scams! visit: complaints.bbb.org
    And good luck!

• Zi
    Zircon Dec 02, 2010

Kimberly, the scam continues. I have been billed three months in a row for $14.95. I called the [protected] number and talked to an Allison who gave me a reference number and supposedly cancelled further charges. We'll see. I also filed complaint with the FTC https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en We'll see if anything happens because based on previous comments I suspect they will just keep charging. I also disputed the amounts with my credit card company.

• Ki
    KimberlyBlair Dec 02, 2010

I haven't seen any recent messages about this company and believe me they are still in action doing this scam. My boyfriends account is being charged 14.95 every month for nothing and nothing was ever agreed to. Please keep the word going so that no one else gets caught up in this. If anyone has new information on this problem, please leave response. thanks!

• Sc
    sccfeld Nov 29, 2010

I applied for a credit card and was forwarded to this company for a FREE credit report. They had some bad report from Experian which wasn't correct, then on my credit card they started charging me $14.95 a month. I had had surgery and wasn't paying as close attention as I should have been. After 3 months I called them, the # was on my Visa statement, and they said I had 7 days to cancel, they WOULD NOT refund my 3 months, but would only charge me $7.44 a month from now on if I continued. I kept telling her it was such a RACKET and to cancel it and that I was turning them into the SEC. I WILL be filing a report. to continue...

• Bo
    bobtomison Nov 25, 2010

I am aware of this scam so I have always used annual credit report.com to get my credit report instead of freecreditreport.com and creditreport.com. IT seems like annual credit report.com / transunion is in bed wit them as well because after singing up i got constantly calls from Lexington law and apparently am signed up with mni credit report.com. They charged me 14.95 last month without me signing up for anything or entering my credit card number anywhere. Wow its crazy that they can just steal my credit card.

• Dj
    djkendra Nov 22, 2010

This happened to me to. I filed a complaint with BBB Better Business Bureau. Waiting to here back...

• Kc
    kccl Nov 18, 2010

this company has charged me 3 times, i did'nt even know they exist one of their representative told me i somehow signed up with them when i did with freecredit report.com bullsh... it' s a scam! this is the last time i will ever sign up for a credit report online and will monitor my bank account more often.

jazeman Nov 15, 2010

this company has charged me 14.95 since 3/9/2010 i have never received a credit report. i did not authorize this to be taken out of my account. i dont give my card number out to anyone. we called and they said it would be taken care of, but again it was on my bank ststement. if there is a law suit against this company let me know. i live on a fixed income and i can't afford this. this needs to be made right.

• Be
    belgia Nov 04, 2010

Anyone else notice that the ADs by Google on THIS site have a Lexington Law and CreditReport.com (also known as mni, mni* and so on) AD? YIKES! The wheels keep on turning! You can read all of my posts about these companies. It has been quite an ordeal to say the least and MY time is worth more than tracking all of these scams down. But I DID! Time for America to think for themselves. You can do easily yourself what all these companies are charging you for.
    and UNAUTHORIZED means SCAM.

• Mi
    mikii_mowsii Oct 28, 2010

called [protected] and cancelled services. refunded partial only. at least i won't "spend" money on something i don't need or have use for. thanks for this thread. the only credit report i use now are from my bank and insurance company.

*whew

• Wi
    Wilma Arndt Oct 24, 2010

I though taht the report was free and my acount was charge twice in the same month for $14.95 and I would like them remove as soon as possible please as my acoount was overdrawn because of them I had no knowlege of these amount thatt i was charged

Cho1 Oct 23, 2010

It happend to me also they charged me three times, the first payment is 19.90 the 14.95 and this date they charged me again 14.95, pls help me to stop this . Thank you

Cho1 Oct 23, 2010

It happend to me also they told me its free but they charged me every month . Luckily some body post the free number . If anyone wants to get together a lawsuit . Email me too . They charged me three times, $19.90, 14.95 and again this date Oct. /20/2010 for 14. 95 pls help me to stop this fraud . Thank you

• Be
    Beverly T. Marable Sep 27, 2010

I just noticed on my debit card I have been charged $14.95 a month since March. Thanks to the person that posted the telephone number. I was able to get in touch with them. They canceled my account with MNI Credit Report and will only credit me $14.95 refund. What a scam this company is. I plan on reporting them to Attorney General. I hope no one else get caught- up in this scam. Everyone please pay close attention to your statements."anything say free there is a scam behind it".

• Ap
    April California Sep 19, 2010

I just noticed my credit card was charged. I didn't even know this company exist. Hope someone will stop them!!!

• Li
    lisa from england Sep 10, 2010

found out yesterday they've taken about £100 in a space of a few weeks... my bank has got the police involved so hopeful these wankers who 'steal from the poor to give to the rich' will be caught and dealt with... fingers and toes crossed. from a single mum who works her [censor] off just to keep her family going... england

• Li
    lisa from england Sep 10, 2010

Just found out yesterday that they've taken £100 in a space of a few weeks which now the police are involved in so hopefully these wankers that steal from the poor to give to rich get caught once and for all... lisa from england

• Gs
    gsxrick Sep 09, 2010

Smells like classaction law suit...

• Er
    Erica MH Sep 01, 2010

I have been charged multiple times in the same month by this "company" for a total of around $75. I have never purchased a credit report, and I have no reason to ever purchase a credit report (don't own a credit card, never have, never will, and I am not interested in buying any loans etc). I am highly suspicious of these people stealing information off my PC, either from browser history or via keylogger, and I have reported it to my bank as a form of fraud.

I'm going to pursue this with the proper authorities, as they have STOLEN money from me and I want them to pay for it. They truly chose the wrong person to steal from, as I know for certain I did not buy from them.

• Ql
    Q. Langjan Aug 28, 2010

This has happened to me also, except I'm being charged $12.95 each month. After watching Oprah's get out of debt series I applied for my free credit score from freecreditreport.com as was suggested on the show. I would receive one free credit report with score free and then be charged each month for each month there after. However my credit card was charged the very next day and when I called to complain and cancel the program I was told I didn't have an account with them. I couldn't help feeling confused and that I was being lied to. Yet I have now been charged for three more months and have not been successful in getting the charges stopped. Get out of debt plan screwed by free offer...nothing worth having is ever FREE.

Antoinette Sorrells Jul 27, 2010

This same thing just happened to me there phone number is:
    [protected]. I called my bank and they gave me the phone number.

• Ti
    Tiredots Jul 24, 2010

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    These two sites are the domain for MNI* and Creditreport.

• Dv
    DVaskieJr Jul 11, 2010

has any of the bums who call themself representatives looked into any of this, or are these miserable miscreants lining their pockets. I think the American Public should Wake The F**K up and take notice that [censor] aint getting any better for the working poor. If we continue to sit by and let them walk all over us. It just may be time to . The smoke and mirrors put up by these men are there to distract and aah. First thing i would like to get this illusive credit score. if anyone can help please do.

Don Vaskie

SarahMadelung Jan 30, 2010

I got the same thing that happend, but they charged me 14.95, so i called my bank and they gave me the number from where the charge came from its [protected]. They did cancel my account, and hopefully i wont receive any more charges

• Ve
    veryvery upset Jan 03, 2010

this is so stupid, I also have been charged several times, but I declined the credit monitoring service.. but I am still being charged monthly for $14.96. Why isn't anything being done now? There is obviously a lot of people being scammed from this fraudulate company.