MNI Credit Report ServicesCan't cancel automatic charges

S

This company is charging me monthly for credit reports and I can't find them to cancel. I will have to do this through my bank incurring additional charges.

Beware!

• Mi
    Michael Apr 01, 2007

MNI debited my account 4 times for $9.95 each time. I did purchase a credit report from Free Credit Report.com, but I never agreed to their monthly service. This a huge scam and I wouldn't be surprised to see a class action lawsuit in the not so distant future against them. MNI’s phone number is 866-408-4016 in case someone needs to contact them for the same reason.

• Ci
    Cindy Apr 02, 2007

Thank you for posting the telephone number. I am having the same problem. What a scam!

• Ha
    Harold Keen Apr 02, 2007

Hello to all of you that are having the same problem with MNI. I found a toll free number
    1-800-720-4420 follow directions and you will get a real live person that will ask for your ssi number and your name and she will stop service. I just got off the phone with them.

What a scam they are. Call Now, they are on PST. Open from 8am till 5 pm weekdays.

Sincerely,
    Harold Keen

• He
    Heather Apr 09, 2007

The SAME thing happened to me!!! I'm trying to cancel right now and nobody knows whats going on...

Maureen Goff Apr 11, 2007

I just canceled my credit card and filed a FRAUD complaint with the better business bureau. I suggest that everyone does this and stop this illegal action at once. It is very easy the website is

complaints.bbb.org

LET'S STOP THIS NOW!

• Ed
    Edward O Jones Apr 12, 2007

I also ordered a free credit report and was charged $9.95 twice without me agreeing to it and also was overdrawn, they will not refund any of the money that they scammed me out of either. They said that it was in fine print and on my shopping cart that i have never seen, i dont even have a log on or i cant get into it isn't that convenient for them. What a ripoff. Beware!

• Ci
    Cindy F. Apr 12, 2007

Ironically in January our mailbox was broken into and were frantically pulled our "free" online credit report offline to make sure no thieves had opened credit cards, etc... And the true thieves are these agencies...we pulled two reports from the 3in1 agency and freecreditreport.com who I think are CIC and MNI. Incidentally, we were never given any type of account numbers and like others, the 800 numbers leave us on hold for way too long without ever reaching a live person. I believe Privacy Matters also hooks into this somehow because we also received charges from them--who I had never even heard of. Even more ironically when I went to Keybank to cancel my debit card and order a new one, they sent me a packet of papers to fill out disputing the charges. When I called to activate my NEW debit card... what did I get, but an advertisement on the Keybank activation line for none other than Privacy Matters! Wow! How and when will this stop. I have never felt like such a small fish in this big business pond!

• Br
    Brandon Gwaltney Apr 19, 2007

I have had the exact same problems. I went to the website and got one report one time. And ever since they've withdrawn money every month without me ever agreeing to it. It's costed me hundreds of dollars because it's causing my bank account to overdraw, and then i get charged bank fees. I never agreed to this, and i also can't login to the website because i never got a log in. I've been trying to cancel it for months. I guess i'll just have to go to the bank. Thanks for the phone number. I'll be calling it as soon as i'm done writing this.

• Ya
    Yang Dong May 04, 2007

I have got the exactly same issue. First I thought it was some bank service that I used by accident. But after finding its charges several times on monthly bills, I realized it was NOT A MISTAKE. I recalled I registered some free report website last year and cancelled the service after a short time. Apparently they act like robbing money from the clients. The payee name is MNI*CREDITRPT SERVICES 866-4084016 CA. I will do what Mareen suggested to file the complain and cancel its service.

• Fr
    Frank Kyzer May 10, 2007

I have been charged several times also by this MNI which i did not register for i have contacted the company at the number listed above they said they would cancel the charges form here on out but nothing they can do about the past charges. This is fraud and larceny by the laws of my state. I have also contacted the BBB and filed a formal complaint. I would like to see a class action suit brought against the company if any are interested please email me

Marialisa Shihadeh May 12, 2007

Please let me know if there is a class action lawsuit against free credit report.com. What a scam they are running. I am going to file a complaint with the BBB.

• Mo
    Monk D Rodger May 12, 2007

Please let me know if there is a class action lawsuit against free credit report.com. Lawsuits.com or Class Action Lawsuits will take these type of suits... I'm game

• Iu
    Iuri Cernev May 13, 2007

The same happened with me. I filled an official complaint to BBB.

• Ur
    Ursula Apodaca May 14, 2007

I have been charged and was not aware that when I signed up for the free credit report that they would charge me for Credit Monitoring - in which I did sign up for. I called the number that was listed in the other complaints and its not called MNI as my bank statement says - the company is called - Credit Report
    I am hoping with me canceling - than next month there will not a charge of $9.95.

• De
    Demetrice walker May 15, 2007

The same thing happen to me they charged me 4 times for $40.00 I do not know who they are.

Matt McDonald May 16, 2007

I totally agree with everyone they charged my card 5 times before i noticed it . They are a bunch of a**holes

savannah May 21, 2007

I just recently went online to check my credit card... etc... When I found that this company MNI Credit Report Service has charge my credit card $9.95. I have never used a credit report service ever in my life. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company, and hopefully looking to get this money put back on my card. This place MNI Credit Report Service needs to be stopped now. This is Bul***ap, and I don't appreciate being charged for something I didn't ask for or want or use at all. If anyone has any advice how to get this done quicker, please help. I don't appreciate being charged for this at all.

• Pe
    PeteW May 22, 2007

MNI Credit Service charged me for several months... I signed up for 1 year of free credit monitoring... But have been charged immediately every month the amount of $9.99 without my permission.

• Mi
    Michael Schulz May 23, 2007

Let me Know when the class action suit comes out!!!

ANGELA May 24, 2007

I just noticed my credit card charged. Luckily i remember the site saying that after X-amount of months or days they will charge if you don't cancel after your free report. So i did immediately. I saved the conirmation number BUT they still charged me even after i had cancelled! Just tried to dispute the charges but their office was closed! Thanks so much for posting the number!!! Good luck to the rest of you who were victims of such fraud!

• Ni
    nicole glosson May 25, 2007

They charged me three times in the same month. If anyone wants to get together to put together a lawsuit. E-mail me.

• Aa
    AAA LLL May 29, 2007

I called American Express and had them take the charges off of my account, which they did. I also had them put a block on any future charges from MNI Credit Reporting, which they have. BTW, MNI stands for Mighty Net, Inc., 9040 Topanga Canyon Blvd Fl 2, Canoga Park, CA 91304, phone number 866-408-4016. These people should rot in hell.

• Go
    Gordon E. Foley May 30, 2007

I requested a one-time, free credit report and ever since, this company has been charging my bank account a fee of $9.95 monthly. I never requested this service and can not find them to terminate the service and refund the unauthorized deductions.

maryjane Jun 01, 2007

Oh my goodness. I thought I was the only one having this problem. I talked to my bank but they couldn't do anything about it. I had no clue what it was. Thanks to this complaints board... i know that this is a scam and i have just finished canceling these stupid charges.

Thank you everyone for the number and the advice on how to stop it. I am very grateful.

• Va
    Vada Z. Dunsmore Jun 04, 2007

Where are these people located??? Efforts to locate them and cancel a service that I didn't order/want has been fruitless. $10/ month is adding up. I agree that a class action law suit is in order.

• Ro
    Robert A. Starr Jun 04, 2007

I asked for a credit report at my wife's request. Once made, I assumed that was a one time event. However, we have been billed monthly on our charge card. I never asked that it be done on a monthly basis and was unaware that it would continues for a fee. We will not pay again for this billing after the current billing. I expect the monthly billing to cease at this time.

• Ju
    Judy B. Kirby Jun 05, 2007

According to them, I called about a week after the "trial" period was up. I tried calling earlier, but I could never get a minute to call from work, and when I did call, it took forever to get through their automated answering machine to talk to a live person. I canceled the "service" that I never meant to sign up for in the first place (just wanted a "free" credit report for a person applying for a Habitat House and tried it on myself first - BIG MISTAKE). However, they would not forward the charges of $9.95 for the first month because I called after their trial period. I talked to a supervisor who assured me that it was in the terms that I agreed to. They obviously haven't heard of grace periods. I would like to report them to the Better Business Bureau.

• We
    W. EVANS Jun 05, 2007

The same with me I never agreed to any monthly charges.

Jake Jun 05, 2007

Same here. Not happy at all, I'm game if you guys start something.

Jake Jun 06, 2007

Thanks for posting their number. I did get it closed out but I didn't even argue about getting my money back.

• Th
    Thomas L. Deley Jun 07, 2007

I called them per their instructions when I wanted them to stop sending me the report and they even gave me a confirmation number: 505780617 and I still got charged the $9.95 this month. I will be calling my bank to stop payments if at all possible.

• Pa
    Paul D. Reding Jun 11, 2007

MNI Credit Report Services keeps charging me $9.95 who are they and why are they charging me. I have been calling there numbers and have not got any one. This scam needs to stop.

• Ka
    Karen Jun 11, 2007

Lucky for me I have only seen this charge once on my credit card, and once is too much. I can't afford $9.95 amount for, like everyone else is saying, something I didn't sign up to be charged for. I'll be calling them later on today to take care of the matter. I'll also be filing a complaint with the BBB.

This is ridiculous!

• Je
    Jen Jun 12, 2007

I was wondering what these were. At first I thought it was a different charge at first, but then I noticed it twice in one bill. Called them up and a lady canceled the service quickly and told me it was free for the first 30 days. I remember signing up for their "free" service, but could never find anything to cancel my account because I was worried about something like that. What a scam. I better not be charged again.

• Am
    Amy Weidner Jun 13, 2007

I have recently been charged "overdraft protection" fees on my debit card and couldn't figure out why. Today, I found out that I have now been charged $9.95 twice in the past two months for a service i did not authorize anyone to take my money for, which has resulted in other charges on my debit card. This company is SCAMMING people. They say they need a credit or debit card to verify your identity, but then they take your money. This company's site is known as "freecreditreport.com". DO NOT go to them for a free credit report- they will take your money. I am now going to have to go through a bunch of bull s**t with my bank to get these charges removed... Both from MNI and "overdraft protection" charges incurred because of this $9.95 I was being charged and was unaware of.

• Al
    ALice Beene Jun 16, 2007

I had to cancel my credit card and get a new one issued. I had charges from this company and when I called the number to inquire, like others was placed on hold then asked to verify my credit card number, then was disconnected. It was then that I called my credit card company and canceled my current credit card. I too would like to know about any impending lawsuits. I had two charges on the same day.

• Je
    Jeff Ching Jun 16, 2007

Did the website update their website policies? I remember signing up for a free report and have been billed twice before I found out about the charges. When I signed up for the report, I do not recall seeing any notes on recurring monthly charges. However, the person I spoke with at the company today pointed me to the fine print.

• S
    S Jun 17, 2007

The key is in the fine print! I am not saying that some of you weren't scammed, but if you went to freecreditreport.com and got your free report, part of the fine print was that they offer 30 days of free credit monitoring, after that credit monitoring for 9.95/mo. So if you didn't call to cancel in the first 30 days, then yes they are charging you!

Jamie Matthews Jun 19, 2007

I was steered to this website about 10 minutes ago when I saw these charges MNI*CREDITRPT SERVICES 866-4084016 CA on my bill and googled it. I have read all of your feedback. I also got charged 2 x 9.95 fees for a service I don't even have. I also signed up for freecreditreport.com, but I do not recall them asking for my credit card number.

• Kr
    kristin Jun 21, 2007

F**K MNI! They won't give me my money back either!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices