Mitchum Deodorantcrumbles immediately!

I recently purchased 2 new mitchum smart solid deodorants - one for men and one for women. Both crumbled into pieces after one week of use! These were brand new stock from my local chain pharmacy! I am very disappointed as these deodorants are more expensive than my usual speedstick.

• Be
    Becky Collins Oct 05, 2015

Got the mitchum gel oxygen 48 hrs..when I went to use it, it splattered all over my floor & ran down the side all over my hand .please fix, I'm not buying any more till you do!!

• Je
    Jeff Em. Jan 22, 2015

Same comment from me. New product breaks off and becomes unusable. The rollon is becoming harder to find, and is expensive.
    Mitchum/Revlon have now lost me as a 20+ year loyal consumer.
    I now have to seek out an alternative.

• Jr
    J rod Aug 14, 2014

I have used Mitchum roll on for over 20 years. This new formulary is awful. It not only allows you to perspire but it also allows perspiration to smell. I won't purchase any more of this product as it does not do what it says. I hope they bring back the old product!!!

• Ri
    Richard Settle Nov 05, 2013

I hate that Mitchum decided to change their product line. I used the scented cream for years and years then was forced to switch to the roll on. Not happy with the changes. This new stuff damages my clothes and the very cheaply made container leaks.

Armpit Dave Oct 11, 2012

The smart solid 2.5 oz breaks off half way down and falls to the floor. I have four of these to mash together to apply by hand. It's stupid but I cannot figure what else to do. Any suggestions out there? Seems the problem falls on deaf ears also. Dave.

Comments

Armpit Dave Oct 11, 2012

Been using Mitchum for years. It's a good product but the solid in the adjustable 2.5 oz. applicator sucks. The deoderant breaks off half way down and you have to look around the floor to find it. Got about four of these to mash together and apply by bare hand then wash my hands. This is very stupid but it's all I can figure out with all the unused halves of solid deoderant. Any other ideas out there besides never using the product again? Seems these complaints fall on deaf ears. Dave.

• Sy
    symnta Feb 14, 2012

I too have experienced the same problem as of 1/12 - You would think they would have emails for customer service more readily available to consumers- I too can't believe the overwheming number of consumers who have been experiencing this problem AND it seems they have discontinued selling the gel or roll on & only sell the solid - It is highway robbery to pay these prices & only be able to use 10 to 20% of the product.

• Iz
    IZSERENITY47 Sep 20, 2011

I am a 60 yrs of age female who had experienced a LOT of difficulties w/ finding a deodorant that would help allevi8 my issues w/ underarm "sweating, wetness & odor."[I experienced "nervous" perspiration] :-( It was so much of an issue 4 me--I was unable 2 wear certain materials[i.e. silk] or darker colors.[dyes didn't mix well w/ my body odor] Soooo.. I tried "MANY" Anti-Perspirants & Deodorants. Then approx 7 yrs ago, I tried Mitchum's Smart Solid. Wah la! Finally found a solution 4 my issues. :-) Greenwood scent[marketed 4 men] wrks best 4 me. Yes, this product co$ts more than other Anti-Perspirants-Deodorants. However..my comfort level, lack of white stuff getting on my clothes & the ability 2 wear whatever I like--is worth spending the extra $.[IMO] Now 2 the "issues">I 2 have experienced problems w/ that "sticky" feeling & the stick breaking off when only part of it has been used. %-( 4 THE "ICKY-STICKY" PROBLEM>-I run a little water over the stick b4 applying.[water temp doesn't matter] 4 THE BREAKING OFF 2 SOON PROBLEM>I've used this product 4 "MANY" yrs. Soooo...I learned rolling up small portions; then applying "gently" 2 underarms wrks best. After the stick breaks--I "collect" most of the broken pieces & dig out the other portions. I put them in a cup; add a "little bit" of water[again temp doesn't matter] & mash the pieces 2gether w/ something flat. Then when I'm ready 2 use it--I apply the Anti-Perspirant-Deodorant 2 my underarms w/ my fingers. Of course I have 2 wash my hands "thoroughly w/ soap" afterwards. But @ least w/ this method, I've gotten more usage out of this product. Revlon or Mitchum NEEDS 2 solve the "breaking off 2 soon" problem. I have a "suggestion" 4 them. But..they cannot have it 4 free!! I wish their site was more "consumer-friendly." So we[consumers] could submit our Questions or Comments 2 them via e-mail. BTW..Tele # on the back of 1 of the "original" Smart Solid Anti-Perspirant-Deodorant bottles is: 1(888)8-MITCHUM[6482486]; HRS: M-F>8A-6P[EST] BTW.. I dialed that #. Got a recording that said: Thanks 4 calling Mitchum's Consumer Information Ctr. So, it's still a wrking #. I also Googled Revlon. Their # is: [protected]; HRS: M-F>7A-6P[EST]; FAX:
    [protected]. Revlon's site also offers the ability 2 submit an e-mail mssg or Chat Now. NOTE: All of us[frustr8ed users of Mitchum's Smart Solid Anti-Perspirant-Deodorant] should contact the offices of Mitchum &/or Revlon "by any means necessary" so we can have our complaints heard. Hopefully they will get addressed soon! :-|

• Wa
    wall2wall Mar 01, 2011

The so called 'Mitchum' that's available now for consumers is NOT the same Mitchum it once was. I fail to understand why litteraly every producer of consumer goods feel the need for the " NEW and IMPROVED" aproach... When the good old "TRIED AND TRUE" works just FINE. This 'New and Improved' stuff crumbles', falls apart, and falls to the floor. It doesnt even come close to the effectiveness of the good old Mitchum I used faithfuly for YEARS." IT WORKED!!" Mitchum has lost this loyal customer because of the new and improved formula, simply it DOESNT WORK. I would gladly return to 'Tried and True' that made the name a great one... Dissappointed ... in central muggy USA, sweaty pitts n all

• Po
    Poppygl Sep 30, 2010

I totally agree with the breaking thing. It is not right. I thought the first time I did it, but the next time it was totally the product it cracks right under the middle of it. I was really upset. I love this product, but I can not put up with losing it all the time because of it breaking off. Plus you can not stick it back in there and keep using it.
    I am upset about this and wanted to call them and tell them. I threw away the sticks though. :( Did they still help you out? Or if I have the receipt will that work??

• Ro
    Robert Wolf Aug 31, 2010

To whom it may concern, August 31, 2010
    I just purchased Mitchum "Power Gel" . I've used Mitchum "Unscented- Roll On" for many years without incident. Shopping at Duane Reade: 1338 Broadway, Hewlett, NY 11557 / Store #269 before leaving for a vacation I bought Mitchum Power Gel (Clear Gel) / Sport, the label clearly states: "Quick drying formula leaves no trace of messy white residue on you or your clothes". Unfortunately that is exactly what this product did. I don't perspire and have never had this happen with the Mitchum Roll On Unscented. Your product was applied sparingly and permitted to dry before I put on my shirts. After coming home my housekeeper started to prepare my clothes for a wash and informed me that all my shirts had white stains in the armpit area of all my shirts. After close inspection it seems that the Gel left a stain on each and every shirt (exactly where the Gel was applied) that was worn since switching to the Mitchum Power Gel/Sport/Unscented from the Mitchum Roll On/Unscented.
    As you can imagine I'm very upset. The shirts I took on this vacation were all new and either black or blue "Polo Shirts" and a few new T-Shirts (also dark colors). Of course I am going to return this product to Duane Reade, Store #269 in: Hewlett, NY 11557. Unfortunately that does not help me with these shirts that are stained, my housekeeper pre-soaked the shirts with an all color liquid detergent prior to washing them.
    Please contact me to discuss this matter on my home phone, number: [protected] in the afternoon NY time or email me at: [email protected] I would appreciate a quick resolution to this matter. Also, I've retained the receipt for the Mitchum Gel and the Mitchum Roll on that were purchased August 25, 2010 at 7:01PM NY time. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions on my phone number or email address listed below. Thank you very much.
    Sincerely Yours,
    Home Phone Number: [protected]
    Email Address: [email protected]

• Us
    usaDeb Jan 29, 2010

I too am a mitchum girl, I have used it for years, the solid I was use to buying came in a light green package, I thought they had replaced the solid with the smart solid so here I am with three of them and they all crumbled, just like everybody else's ..The Last time I shopped for my regular mitchum, solid, unscented, I looked a little closer and there it was in the mens section, [in a dark green package] again just where I found it so many years ago before they actually made it for women. I am going to try to get my money back on the other three, wish me luck

chucklesnhope Nov 05, 2009

I was a such a fan of Mitchum products that, at first, I thought that there was something the matter with the way I was applying the product. My loyalty would not allow me to blame Mitchum. I tried another version of roll-on and broke out in a rash. I am so disappointed that the company compromised a wonderful product and for what purpose. Dumb dumb dumb. It's gone from top of the line to the very bottom. I'd like to know where the product is being manufactured.
    Thanks for the phone number. I am one angry customer and do not want anymore of Mitchum.

mastropop Sep 26, 2009

I've used the Men's Mitchum Unscented Roll-on for 25 years (even though I'm a woman). The women's version is just not up to par and that girly powder scent is just not necessary. Anyway, they recently changed the packaging which reads "NEW LOOK, Same Powerful Formula." Well, I first had a mild sense that the new formula felt sticky, but I just dealt with it. Then I noticed a few days later, that there was a sort of discoloration on my underarm skin. There were no blisters like another poster here described, but the discoloration was brownish and sort of looked burned or tanned. It didn't dawn on me right away, but once I made the connection and discontinued the "new & improved" product, the discoloration faded away. Here's the problem: It says SAME FORMULA. But if you read the label, the Active Ingredient has CHANGED from Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex 20% to Aluminum Sesquichlorohydrate 25%! That doesn't sound like the same formula to me, and I think I must be allergic to the new one or something. Here's the 2nd problem: I dislike every other product on the market and none of them provide the effectiveness of Mitchum. What am I to do?!

• Pa
    Patricia Hleihel Sep 18, 2009

Hi. I wrote Revlon after my second Mitchum Deodorant stick crumbled. They had the audacity to ask for the receipts and for me to mail them both deodorants - for testing! I decided it was easier to never buy the product again.

• Fl
    flmonkey Jun 14, 2009

I have also been using Mitchum for many years & swear by it. The last container I purchased was the clear gel. When I went to take the cover off, the entire top came off & it won't go back on! I am going to try to call the numbers listed above...wish me luck!

• Li
    Likkelbit May 16, 2009

Does anyone know where to find Mitchum for Women solid. The last place to find it was Kmart which I visited today. To my horror, that line is missing... I'm desparate, after 20 odd years, nothing else will work.

• Co
    Cornelia Stallings May 14, 2009

THe mitchum smart start is terrible, you might as well not use anything. I started with mitchum about 20 years ago, the regular solid, unscented worked pretty good for me, but just like everything else you always try to improve it and now it is the worst deodrant I have ever tried, please go back to the beginning and stock the shelvesw ith the orginial solid.

• Je
    Jeff Paris May 06, 2009

Wow, your power pits destroyed your deodorant! Just playing:) Write a letter complaining to them, they take letters far more seriously. They will, lmao, send you coupons for more though.

• Ki
    Kim Wallace May 06, 2009

Same thing happened to me with three that I purchased, what a mess they make on the bathroom floor. They really have a bad formula in that stuff. I called the number on the product, [protected] and they are sending me one replacement because I threw the others away and, like the comment above, they need the code on the bottom.

• Ni
    nibol Feb 10, 2009

Ok ladies... I finally found a phone number to contact Mitchum about their lousy product! Make sure to save the deoderant because they will only refund your money if you have the code on the bottom of the tube.

[protected]

Good luck!

• Ka
    Kathy MacKenzie Feb 06, 2009

I too have bought the Mitchum Smart Solid for women and found it to crumble, my product was about half used when it started to break apart. I have used this product many times before and never encountered this problem. The expiry date on my container is EXP10JL . This to my understanding is that the product should last until the expiry date or until finished by the consumer. I will probably not buy this product again although I did like it and it worked well for me. Kathy MacKenzie, Guelph Ontario

• Bj
    B. J. Metzl Jan 16, 2009

I have used this product for many years. After not being able to find the old solid green package, I bought 2 "Smart Solid" and the problem began. It brakes off in pieces and I have gotten a bad rash (no extra charge). The need to go back to their original formula for the product -- that's what works! It is very interesting that myself and all other interested parties can not locate a way to contact Revlon on this matter.

Mary Davis Nov 18, 2008

I have used mitchum solid ever since it came out. I do like it because it works well but anymore when you start using it, it brakes off and it is to expensive to have to keep buying it when your on a fixed income. I hate to change at my age since it works so well for me.Thank you

• Di
    Dixie Lee Nov 15, 2008

Like those already posted, I've had the same experience of the crumbling. Bought the second stick and had the same thing happen. As was said above, I've been a Mitchum user for more years than I can remember. I'm not ready -- yet! -- to give up on Mitchum (in my opinion there is no substitute) but getting closer. Many things that claim "new and improved" aren't.

BTW, I'm not related to the CEO, David Kennedy.

• Ka
    Karen L. Nov 10, 2008

I just went on line to try and find a contact number and came up with all you many people having the same problem. It falls apart and is sticky, sticky, sticky!!! They should definitely issue refunds!

• We
    wessels, margaret Nov 07, 2008

I love the deoderant but the same problem, every
    time it breaks into pieces on me

• Er
    Erica Nov 01, 2008

The regular www.revlon.com site doesn't even MENTION Mitchum deoderant. But here is an address and names from Yahoo Finance... For what these executives are making, you would think they wouldn't come out with a product as bad as this one.

Revlon Inc.
    237 Park Avenue
    New York, NY 10017
    United States - Map
    Phone: [protected]
    Fax: [protected]
    Web Site: http://www.revlon

Mr. David L. Kennedy, 61
    Chief Exec. Officer, Pres, Director, Chief Exec. Officer of Products Corp., Pres of Products Corp. of Products Corp. $ 2.11M N/A
    Mr. Alan T. Ennis, 37
    Chief Financial Officer, Exec. VP, Chief Financial Officer of RCPC, Chief Accounting Officer of RCPC, Exec. VP of RCPC and Corp. Controller of RCPC $ 577.00K N/A
    Mr. Robert K. Kretzman, 56
    Chief Legal Officer, Chief Compliance Officer, Exec. VP of HR, Sec. and Gen. Counsel $ 989.00K N/A
    Mr. Carl Kooyoomjian, 60
    Exec. VP of Technical Affairs and Worldwide Operations N/A N/A
    Mr. Paul Murphy,
    Exec. VP of North America Customer Sales, Marketing and Merchandising

• Er
    Erica Nov 01, 2008

I was just on the Internet trying to find the website for Revlon for this VERY PROBLEM when I came across this website. I am blown away that so many people had the same problem as me! I have been using the gel for years but saw the smart solid UNSCENTED one day and bought EIGHT of them! Each one crumbled but I kept thinking "I guess you rolled it too high AGAIN...better learn your lesson." and would try another.

Well, I am finally done with all eight and the ONLY one that didn't crumble was the one I bought by mistake which was Smart Solid Greenwood scent. I decided it really could not be all me and went to look for Revlon's web site. I will post it if I actually find it. I am so annoyed. I have been a Mitchum girl for 25 years.

• Pe
    Pete Oct 13, 2008

I too find Mitchum to be very effective, but with the last two sticks I purchased I broke off a significant amount just taking off the protective top. I also have been unable to find anyplace on the Revlon site where they admit to produce Mitchum although ther is a number on the package.

Marcia Ward Sep 22, 2008

This is my third and LAST Smart Solid deodorant stick for women that I'll be purchasing.
    After a few uses, the top crumbles and falls off!. The white chunks get all over the floor and in the carpet. I've tried picking up larger pieces and sticking them back on, but that doesn't work.
    What in the world is wrong with this stuff? I bought it because it was the best rated deodorant to use with black clothing. I have been satisfied with the lack of white streaks on my clothes. But this falling apart deal is unacceptable.

Sam Freeman Sep 06, 2008

After about three uses it broke off about 1/3 down. Please come out with a "New Unimproved" version. I have been unable to buy the old version. I now have a rash under my arms that came on after using the new product.

• Li
    LIED TO TIME & TIME Jun 22, 2008

HI ALL: The very same thing happened to me. I purchased Mitchum, unscented solid
    and it crumbled when I tried to use it. I had to throw it out!

Did anyone get an address or website or phone # where we can receive a refund.
    You all, are right - it's just too expensive to throw out.

Sally J. May 12, 2008

I purchased the Mitchum Smart Solid for women last week, and I am extremely disappointed. It's twice the cost of my usual deodorant, and I cannot bear to use the stuff because of it's sticky consistency. It's uncomfortable to apply due to the fact that it grabs the skin of my underarm, and it stays tacky even after it dries. Don't waste your money!

Aracelis Cupid May 07, 2008

I bought the Mitchum Smart Solid for women. I didn't get to use half of the stick because I develop painful blisters in some areas of my armpits. The blisters look like burnt skin. I discontinued the item for about 5 days now but I still have the blisters. I need to get in touch with that company in the event I have to reach them for some kind of compensation.

aNN Apr 28, 2008

Yes, this has happened to me as well, broken into little piesces half way trough. I was stupid enough to buy another one! We need a rufund or coupon for the 'rollon.'

Joanne Apr 11, 2008

The same thing happened to my Mitchum Smart Solid. I have spent the last 30 minutes trying to find the web site for Revlon where they list the deodorant as their product! Very frustrating to spend that kind of money and then lose half the stick!!!

MARY Mar 18, 2008

The last three sticks of Mitchum have crumbled on me also and I am having a hard time finding a number to call them re customer complaints.