Midland Mortgage CompanyFraud and scam

E

My mortgage was held my Midland Mortgage Company for a short time. I recently refinanced and Midland Mortgage Company was paid in full. This status was reflected on their website. At the end of the month, Midland Mortgage Company took an automatic payment out of my checking account on an account that had already been paid in full. When contacting them, I was told it was MY fault because I never canceled the automatic payment (on an account that was paid in full). When I looked at my account online, I saw that they just moved the unnecessary payment into escrow, rather than return it right away. It took seventeen days for them to send me a paper check in the mail. I found out today that the check was returned, either by lack of funds or by them stopping payment on the check. This issue is still not resolved. They still have my money. This is fraud and must be illegal.

mar_bel4 Mar 04, 2011

hope it went well

Nootyme Dec 03, 2009

I know most the stories I read about midland mortgage co. are true because they have been my mortgage co. for almost four years. they are worst than any nightmare a person could esperience. the real problem is due to laws, their is no agency who can look into these complaints and make a ruling about these complaints. All I can say is take them to court my court date is now 20 days from now and midland better be well prepared becauseI will be. M.J.N.L.B.

• Li
    linnie Aug 24, 2009

my last mortgage co. sold my mortgage to midland mortgage and ever since theyare charging me for property that I don't have and I have called and sent papers verifiying that I don't have this property and I still don't get any response back these people are crooks and I'm trying to refiniance but until then I am stuck paying it so my credit isn't bad. So becareful of this company I have never has so much trouble with any of my mortgage co like this one.