Complaints & Reviews

unprofessionalism

I am billed each month on the 15th for my subscription to xbox live to play online with my kids. I got up...

windows vista has been a waste of my time and money

On two computers I've installed recently Printing from the internet is not possible because of the size of the print and distortion of the page. This happened on both computers at the same time. I am assuming it was from an upgrade from Microsoft. Microsoft is not supporting many vendors printers and provides no tech support other than 90 purchased support. That would be like FORD charging for a recall. Going back to XP is not an option I am considering strongly going to Linux or Mac. Vista has been a waste of my time and money.

• Oo
    oohkuchi Nov 10, 2008

Vista is worse than a waste of time and money. It's a burden. I depend on MS Office for a living, sadly, and I do not appreciate the slowness of Vista, the difficulty of moving open windows around quickly (why the hell is this harder now?) and absurd design mistakes. For example, with XP, you could copy/replace a folder from a memory stick onto desktop in a single command, Yes to all. Vista makes you tick off every item in the folder. If it contains 100 items, that's 100 clicks. It's hard to believe such a cretinous mistake could be deliberately built into this monster. Vista offers me nothing new but fancy graphic features, and these soon turn out to be less clear and harder to live with than XP's simple monochrome lines. As far as I am concerned, Vista is a design disaster and a productivity killer. I have gone back to my XP box.

• Al
    Alison M Symonds Nov 19, 2008

I fear that microsoft with their Vista OS have done the hardware PC community a great disservice.
    I was excited to receive my new compac computer (the fastest processor etc, etc to date - loaded with windows vista basic software - with that came the slowest, most laborious, frustrating experience of my computing life (20yrs = 5PC's). All my peripheral hardware - such as printers., digital cameras etc were not compatible - doing degree course work at the time made me set up my old PC with windows XP -re-installing drivers and files under a deadline made me close to a nervous collaspse!
    My internet service was also incompatible and I gave them hell for not recogising that the lapse was due to their not being ready for vista and all the problems that ensued!
    It was a very stressful time and if it was not for being able to access files at work and for my husbands Macbook I would have failed my course!
    Consequently I have downloaded the regular updates that MS dish out daily to make this dire OS remotely compatible for basic use - and still encounter problems -such as screen freeze that results in shutdown and loss of data . I have also spent money on programs to "debug " the system and download "incompatilble" software ie: anything apple related!
    In short - my iMac is ordered - the guys at MS developing Vista could not have done a better PR job of promoting the Apple 10.5 OS if they tried!
    Sincerly
    Alison

• Ge
    GerardMacdonald Oct 16, 2009

Maybe Microsoft has shares in Apple Corp? Which might explain the otherwise mysterious logic of spending five years to develop an OS which crashes if left alone for ten minutes.

• Se
    serfur Oct 23, 2009

I liked win98...forced to upgrade to XP and I like it. Tried vista on a new puter
    and was DOA. Just a junk OS. Now windows 7 looks like a repackaged vista platform
    too me. Still junk! I'm stickin too XP!

scam

Microsoft award! microsoft award!! Microsoft award team 50 craven park, harlesden london nw10 united...

harassment at rta

I would like to highlight my grievance with RTA office in refunding me the road tax amount paid by me.

I came to Hyderabad from Delhi in July 2007 and got my car registered in Delhi along with me. I voluntarily went to the RTA office in Mehandipatanam and paid the AP life time road tax amounting to Rs. 30, 000/-. I did not get the NOC from Delhi RTA office as I did not want to change the registration from Delhi to Hyderabad. At the time of depositing the road tax amount, I was not asked for the NOC. The inspector collecting the road tax amount told me that I can claim the tax amount back, if I take back my car to Delhi.

After staying for about 10 months I am shifting back to Delhi and taking my car along with me to Delhi. I went to the RTA office on 29th April 2008 to enquire about the process of claiming refund. The administrative officer sitting there told me to write an application, get a notarized affidavit as a proof that I am taking the car back to Delhi, copy of car registration, copy of tax payment receipt. He told me that the tax will be refunded in 10 days time.

I got the affidavit and along with all the papers went to the RTA office again on 30th April 2008. I approached the Administrative officer again and he asked me to meet the RTO. I went to meet the RTO and asked him to take the application for refund. The RTO simply said that the road tax will not be refunded. I asked him the reason and he told me that I should have got the NOC from Delhi at the time I got my car to Hyderabad. I tried to explain him that I did not want to get my car registered in Hyderabad and no one told me that NOC is required, when I paid the tax. The RTO told me that it is my duty to know the rules and now nothing can be done. I also asked the RTO to show me the rules regarding refund of road tax and he said I should buy a Motor Vehicles Act from the market and see the rules by myself. I asked him to at least accept the application for refund and put an objection to it in writing. He just refused to accept the application.

It was shocking for me to see, loosing Rs. 32, 000/- out of the hard earned money. It’s a big amount for salaried class people like me. This incidence once again highlights how well government organizations make life of common man miserable. Now I don’t see any way for getting my hard earned money back. I should have listened to my colleagues who are driving their vehicle without paying road tax. I think in our great nation, people who evade taxes are happy than people like me, who think to follow the rules.

• As
    ashish n Oct 26, 2009

Get a lawyer and file a case or a Right To Information Application asking for the details of the rules and regulations.
    What else do you actually expect from stupid places like Hyderabad and Bangalore?

automatic charge & difficulty getting credit card out of system

I decided to try xbox live for a month and entered my cc info into the system. Little did I know that they would automatically charge my cc each month. I called them up after three months of charges to find out how it worked. I told the lady that I wanted to make sure my cc wasn't charged anymore. I explained that I bought a 1 yr membership for my son for his birthday. She said she would make sure it wasn't charged anymore.

Apparently when you put your cc in the system and your subscription runs out it asks if you want to renew without making you enter credit card info again. So, my son renewed it for three months.

I called Microsoft xboxlive and was told that in order to get my cc out of the system that I would have to wait 2 to 5 days for someone from Microsoft to call me back and verify it. They also refused to credit my credit card even though it had only been a couple days. I was told that they could only refund the 1 yr subscriptions. I told them I would dispute it through my CC.

Is Microsoft so hard up that they have to revert to such tactics?

• Jd
    JDA Feb 14, 2009

They did the same to me and were happy, the Indians the hired for service to us (LoL), that were actually pleased that they could not refund my false postings to my credit card. My bank was well aware of this Microsoft indian game, and gladly credited the double posting amounts off of my credit charge. Americans are out of work, and Microsoft hires indians that are happy to screw us, while they are gainfully employed by Microsoft. Microsoft is going down the tubes with all I speak to, and I am in the software industry so I know. Good bye Microsoft, it won't be long before you are paid back for not caring about your customers. Regarding XBox Live, I will never go back and buy used disks at Game Stop stores and give money with great customer service, who hire Americans for jobs, and don't laugh when they go to screw their customer!

online scams

Dear sir or madam, I am sending a copy of this email supposedly from your microsoft UK offices which I believe is an online scam.
Hopefully something can be done about this

B Hill

Copyright © [protected] MICROSOFT PROMOTIONS
Microsoft Award Team
20 Craven Park, Harlesden
London NW10, United Kingdom.
REF NO: MSW-L/[protected]
BATCH: 2007MJL-01

ELECTRONIC MAIL AWARD WINNING NOTIFICATION

We are pleased to inform you of the announcement today of winners
of the MICROSOFT WORD E-MAIL MEGA JACKPOT LOTTERY PROGRAMS held on
28th FEBRUARY 2008. Your company or your personal e-mail address is
attached to winning number 28-1 MARCH-2008-02 MSW, with serial
number S/N-00179 drew the lucky numbers [protected], and
consequently won in the first lottery category. You have therefore
been approved for a lump sum pay of GBP 1, 000, 000.00POUNDS credited to
file REF NO: MSW-L/[protected] This is from total prize money of GBP
7, 000, 000.00 POUNDS, shared among the SEVEN (7) international winners
in this category.
All participants were selected through our Microsoft computer
ballot system drawn form 21, 000 names, 3, 000 names from each
continent, as part of International "E-MAIL" Promotions Program, which
is conducted once in every four years for our prominent MS WORD users
all over the world, and for the continue use of E-mail.
Your fund has been deposited in an escrow account with our
affiliate bank here in UK, and insured with your REF NO:
MSW-L/[protected] and your E-mail address, Please note that, you are to
contact your fiduciary agent via email as we are promoting the use of
E-mail, You have the right to call the fiduciary agent, as they will
provide you with the necessary details on how to claim your prize. You
are to keep your ref. number and batch number from the public, until
you have been processed and your money remitted to you.
We hope with your prize, you will be happy to promote the use of
E-mail and the use of MS WORD. To claim your winning prize, you must
first contact the claims department by email for processing and
remittance of your prize money to you. Your assigned claims officer
contact email is:

you are to forward the following details to enable us clear your file
for immediate payment:

1. Full Names:...( )
2. Address:...( )
3. Age: ...( )
4. Sex:...( )
5. Marital Status: ...( )
6. Occupation:...( )
7. Phone numbers: ...( )
8. Fax number:...( )
9. Country: ...( )
10.Language speaking: ...( )
11.sirial number: ...( )
12.Batch number: ...( )
13.REF NO:...( )
14.BATCH:...( )

Dr.David Richmond
Microsoft Promotion Award Team
Head Winning Claims Dept
E-mail Address:[protected]@live.com

He is to help you in claiming your due prize. Remember, all prize
money must be claimed as soon as possible. All funds not claimed will
be penalized accordingly.

NOTE: In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications,
please
remember to quote your reference and batch numbers in all
correspondences with your claims officer.

Sincerely,
Mr. Howard Douglas
For MS WORD LOTTO UK.

Any winner below the age of 18years is automatically disqualified
NOTE:You are to contact your claims officer
immediately.

Jackpot
SPONSORS:
CHIEF SPONSOR;MICROSOFT CO-OPERATIONS UK

Saunalahti Ykkönen: Puhelut kaikkiin liittymiin 0, 069 e/min ja nyt
kaupan päälle Sisärengas-puhelut ja tekstarit viiteen valitsemaasi
liittymään 0 e!

Jay Jul 08, 2008

is this a fake/scam? i got this exact email.

• Ar
    aracelis Jul 22, 2008

i also received a email that i was a winner

• Rd
    rdimp27 Jan 23, 2009

Compliment of the day to you. Thank you for choosing ParcelDrop Courier Servic for your parcel delivery service. This is to inform you that we are in possession of a certified cheque of £1, 000. 000.00 (one million great British Pounds), Winning Certificate and a Funds release Document that was received from the Microsoft Award Team; this cheque is expected to be delivered to you at your residence or office address provided by you. Note that we do not deliver to P.O. Box address or street corners but to your residence or valid office address. It is the usual practice of this company to conduct a proper verification of all parcels before delivery to ensure that they are valid. Be rest assured that your cheque has been confirmed valid and true and will be dispatched to your delivery address.

We are a well established company offering courier and transport services 24 hours a day priority delivery across the globe. We deliver letters, parcels and consignments to any destination by road, air or sea. Your Delivery Order number is PCD/668530092.

• Rd

SWEEPSTAKES INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM
    BATCH NUMBER: 409978E
    REFERENCE NUMBER: BTD/968/09
    Copyright 1994-2009

This email is to inform you that your E-mail has emerged a winner with a
    consolation Prize of the Microsoft Corporation EMAIL DRAW that was held in
    London, the Selections were made through a computer draw system attaching
    personalized email addresses to Batch numbers: 409978E and Reference Numbers:

GENDER...
    AGE...
    OCCUPATION...
    TELEPHONE...

poor customer service and broken promises

This whole ordeal started at the end of March, I located on a forum that I visit an Xbox 360 for sale with the red rings of death. I understood that there was a chance that the sticker would be removed and Microsoft would be unwilling to repair it, but I looked into it and the warranty had never been voided and everything was good. I received my 360 from the person that I purchased it from, and all seemed to be well. I called Microsoft's Xbox Repair line the moment that I received the console, I spoke with a gentlemen there and was informed that despite that I had bought it second-hand everything would be alright and the console could be repaired no problem. I was overjoyed, my purchase of $65 seemed to be a godsend. After that, I received the box to ship the console back to Microsoft and sent it away immediately. The service center received the console on April 5th, again, everything seemed to be flowing smoothly. I noticed something weird when on Apr 10th, I received an email from the service center saying that I had never sent the console, I doublechecked the UPS tracking number from the box and saw that it did indeed arrive and wondered what was going on. I checked their website, service.xbox.com and found the status had not been updated; I was concerned, no information had changed and everything seemed like it didn't happen and so I called their service department.

The first time that I called Microsoft, they told me that they had indeed received the Xbox and it was under repairs. Feeling elated, I dismissed it as just technowizardry not working the way in which it was supposed to and went along. I waited until 4/18 to call again, not having heard anything back from Microsoft and not seeing the website ever updating was cause for concern. I spoke with a representative there, whom this time could not find any information about the console. I gave him my reference #, and nothing had ever been updated in the system despite what the first agent had told me. I started to get a bit upset at this point, things were starting to get kind of sketchy. The agent ended the conversation by telling me that he knew nothing about anything that was going on, and they would have to contact the actual service center. The agent then informed me that there would be a 3-5 business day wait until the service center replied and then they would know more. I asked the agent why there would be such a long wait to which he gave the eloquent answer of, "I don't know." He seriously said, "I don't know." I pushed further, to which his only response was that he honestly had no idea how the system worked. After speaking to a supervisor and receiving the exact same answer, I was frustrated. It appeared that in some strange twist of feline quantum mechanics, I had been sold Schrodinger's Xbox.

I called the service center again on 4/23, figuring that would be plenty of time for them to locate the console and figure out what's going on. The agent whom I spoke with that day was kind enough, she never gave me an answer of I don't know but instead was never even able to locate the order in the system. I gave her the repair number, which she could not find and I gave her the UPS tracking number (which as of right now, still works). The order was again escalated to the repair center and I was told that it would be taken care of. She informed me that I was likely to receive my console this week and nothing would be wrong, they had just not yet determined whether to send me a new console or repair the old one. Again, Microsoft lead me to believe that everything was okay. During this entire time, I had made no mystery of the fact that the console was purchased second hand.

Yesterday, on 5/02, I had not received my console. I had received no word from Microsoft, and no contact. Again, I contacted the repair center. I spoke with a gentlemen there, and was informed that they had again received no information as to the whereabouts of the console. He informed me that it had been "esclated to the highest level" and that a supervisor would be calling me within the next 24 hours. Despite being angry, I agreed that this would be okay. 24 hours later, I had received no call. I called them. I originally spoke with an agent at the center with the pseudonym of Louise, he found that the service center had finally responded but escalated the call to a supervisor. The supervisor, Jose, proceeded to inform me that the Service center was now requesting a proof of purchase from me and if they did not receive it they would be returning the console unrepaired. I was livid. I had made no secret that the console was purchased second hand, being so far as to be outright about it at the first call. I told Jose about what his original agent had told me, but he remained unpersuaded, I would be shafted and given a broken console in return. It took this department 28 days from the date of reception to go so far as to merely request a proof of purchase, I offered them the proof of purchase of secondhand but obviously, they would not accept this. I asked to speak to Jose's supervisor and was told that despite that they were indeed there, they did not accept calls and I would not be allowed to speak with them. I asked Jose if there was anybody else whom I could contact for an alternate opinion who would be above him, and was told that my only option was to call the service center again and hope to speak to another supervisor. I asked Jose for a list of information regarding the console and was denied. Jose made absolutely no effort to help, their entire company strung me around with absolutely no help. It took me 28 days just to get an answer from them.

28 days of being told that everything was okay, being told that repairs were underway. Because of this call center's approach, and their assurance that it was indeed being repaired, I went ahead and purchased games and accessories for the console none of which I will be able to use. As of right now, everything that I have purchased for the console is a total loss.
Microsoft's complete lack of customer service is a flagrant disregard for the responsibility which they hold as a large corporation. As for me, their products will not be being recommended to anyone.

Thanks for reading,

Nelson Jay Smith

• Ro
    Robert Sep 06, 2008

I spend more time attempting to reslove issues and conflicts since I purchased my HP Pavilion pre-loaded with the Vista platform. I have been amoung hunderds of loyal Windows users. But because it is becoming increasing evident that Microsoft feels that it will suvive without customers. I choose to spend my tme not f-----g with trying to get my system to work and purchase a system one that is. I am seeing more and more friends and family switching to a Mac system and reporting a far better experience than I have b een having. Bill Gates may your lack of concern and regard be visted back on you.

• Da
    Dad2 Jan 19, 2010

Nelson Jay Smith, You are not alone in your experience of Microsoft's customer service. My son's Xbox 360 died due to MicroSoft's know issue with their product. It was within the warranty period. He got the same initial positive response as you and then when the Xbox 360 arrived at MicroSoft he got the same run around as you. Bottomline they ended sending him his Xbox 360 back over a month letter (and several phone calls) saying it was fixed. However, when it arrived they included a letter saying they didn't fix it because of the red ring of death. So, they determined he tampered with it. I know he didn't. However, they either intentional or accidentally did it themselves. Based on your experience and his I'd say they aren't organized or smart of enough to do it on purpose. Calls back to MicroSoft were futile. Luckily he had paid extra for the extended warranty through Target. After the warranty company tried to push it off on MiscroSoft they agreed to pay. I will also be passing this story onto any one who will listen.

suspicious scam company

This company advertises as a sponsored link on amazon selling cheaply priced software. They at first look...

winning number scam

Is this a hoax?? more likely it is

20 craven park, harlesden
United kingdom,

Lucky numbers:[protected])
Ticket number: [protected]
Date:27/03/2008
Re: beneficiary claims payment release
Accreditted beneficiary:peter
Winning e-mail address:

dear peter wijaya,

compliments of the day to you, we are in receipt of your mail containing your winning informations you were requested to provide to this office for verification concerning your award prize of £500, 000 great britain pounds from the desk of the microsoft award promotion team.

I am mr george simmons of the microsoft award promotion team, I have been assigned to guide you through the processes of releasing your award prize.

be informed that after all verification processes, you have been found to be eligible for the prize awards. congratulations.

for the final procedures of the release of your award prize, you are hereby advised to immediately make contact with the legal adviser to the microsoft lottery organization and adhere strictly to the rules and regulation of the legal adviser prior to the release of your award prize.

Contact of the legal adviser:

Etwart logan
Solicitors and advocates
[protected]@yahoo.co. uk
Tel:+[protected]
+[protected]

The following requirements should be sent to his office for confirmation and final process for payment. afterwards, your won funds will be released to you

Your full names:
Contact name:
Email:
Tel:
Fax:

as soon as you make contact with him, he shall furnish you with every details you are required to know regarding the claiming of your won funds.

Best regards
Mr george simmons
Microsoft award promotion

• Le
    levi Apr 29, 2008

i recieved the same email please advise as my winning numbers are the same??

• Kh
    KHALIL Jul 01, 2008

I have so many mail to win the lotter of US$500000/- from micrsoft and yahoo promotion scheme. pls send the 900 US$ to process your request. can it is genuine or fraud. if fraud what action you would be taken.

I am waiting your reply to process this case or not.
    thanks

Amir Jul 07, 2008

I have also received this email of winning prize 500000 uk pound. I think its a fake email.

amal Sep 29, 2008

I received an amil that i won 500.000pounds, I don't know if it's true or false

• Ra
    Raj1981 Jun 29, 2009

I received the same email saying that I have won 500000 UK pound.
    and 420 pounds to deliver the cheque.
    someone tell me if it is fake or genuine

• Tg
    TGaung Jul 17, 2009

fgfffgf

• Tg
    TGaung Jul 17, 2009

I received the same email saying that I have won 500000 UK pound.
    and asking 420 pounds to transfer the wining funds to my bank account.
    Do not give any money to them. This is fake...
    Pls check below link for the announcement from Microsoft.

true or fraud email microsoft award

I
Microsoft Award Team
You are Winner of the 25th Edition of the Microsoft Promo Award 2008.
You won {£1,000,000.00} One Million Great Britian Pounds.
with Batch No: 409978E, Ref: MSC990/678,
Fill the form below and send to your agent for processing
Full name:

Contact Agent.
Mr.Fred Crouch
E-mail: [protected]@hotmail.com
II

ONCE AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS !!!

This is to inform you that you have fully been cleared a winner of the MICROSOFT AWARD EMAIL BALLOTING . I am happy to inform you that i have forwarded your Original Certificate and your Certified bank cheque e.t.c to our affiliate courier company (E-COURIER DELIVERY OFFICE LTD reg. no 653425).

Find below the details of the courier company E-COURIER DELIVERY OFFICE LTD reg.no 653425).

E-COURIER DELIVERY OFFICE LTD
Mr. William Smith,
eCOURIER SERVICES
Email: [protected]@yahoo.co.uk

Please you are advised to write down the order number and save it for future reference.

ORDER NUMBER: CCL/KNL/2851110
Note: You are to Quote your complete names, Address and your direct phone number to enable them honor your letter. Once again i say congratulations.

Feel free to inform me with your dealings with the courier department should in case any delay and for record purposes.

For more information feel free to call:
Mr.Fred Crouch

Berkshire, SL3 0EN
United Kingdom.
ORDER NUMBER: ccl/knl/2851110

Attn: Jose Luis Martinez,

Thank you for choosing eCourier Express Courier Services for your parcel delivery service. This is to inform you that we are in possession of a certified check and lottery winning certificate which is to be couriered to you. Note that we also do not deliver to P.O. Box addresses, but to your residence or valid office address.

We are sending to you the break down for the delivery/transfer charges, find below is the breakdown.

1. The 4 days delivery charges is 400GBP which is equal to = $812.534USD

2. The 24hour delivery charges is 550GBP which is also equal = $1,131.95USD

3. If you want us to transfer the total amount into your account, you will have to
pay transfer charges of 780GBP which is equal to = $1,605.23USD.

However, all payment will be make through Western Union money transfer to our account officer's name. The name is show below:

Mr Armstrong Forest
Address: 73 Staines Road West.
Sunbury on Thames.
TW16 7AH
United Kingdom.

After the payment the payment details will be provided to use for confirmation as is show also below:

Name of Sender:
Name of Receiver:
Amount Sent:
MTCN:

On receipt of the payment your winning parcel will be delivered to you depending on the delivery day you pay for or will be transfered into your account if you choose and make payment for transfer charges. However, if you choose transfering the winning amount into your account, you will have to provide us with your account details were the money will be wire into along with the payment details.

However, the winning amount or the check amount is One million Great British Pounds (1,000,000 GBP) that was forwarded to us for delivery/transfer.

I wish to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Mr. William Smith.

Thanks for using eCourier Fast Delivery.

IV
Attn: Jose Luis Martinez,

We write to inform you that youir winning fund is available with us and it is real because we are not the promo board, we are a courier company that work in affiliated with the promo board and your winning was forwarded to us by Mr. Fred Crouch to deliver it to the winner on receipt of payment of the delivery option choosen by the winning.

However, if the locatrion of the Western Union is too far off from you, you can decided to use Money Gram and send the payment detail to us. You can find in our previous email the delivery/transfer options. You are to choose from it and make payment today and send the payment details to avoid delay of your fund deliver/transfer to you.

To be sure or as a proof to you that your winning is real, you can find attach is the winning certificate and payment approval by the british high court commission. But on receipt of payment, your winning will be deliver to you immediately.

Regards,

Mr. William Smith.
+[protected]

NB: If you wish for your fund be deliver to you on check, you are to make payment of the delivery charges, we have two option chose and make payment of the any of them and send us again your full confrim address.. But if you want the winning fund transfer to your account, you will make payment for the transfer charges and send the payment details for transfer charges to us along with your confirm account formation were the fund will be wire into.
________________________________________
Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Inbox.

-----Sigue archivo adjunto en el mensaje-----

console breaks five times - microsoft refuses to replace or refund

Dear Microsoft, My Xbox 360 has - within one year - died five times. I have been calling and writing trying...

xbox 360 cheat addon

This device is utter ###. So far there are only cheats for about 9 games that you can actually download. And...

banned without any reason!

I subscribe to xbox live service. Last week I was banned from playing for 1 day because they stated I abused there code of conduct, I accepted this as I did have the F word written on my profile, It has since been erased. I have since made sure I have not Disobeyed any of there rules as stated in there code of conduct. Yet I Have again been banned this time I have been banned for 1 week. This is unacceptable, I have not violated there terms. I called and there customer service, and was advised there was nothing the CSR could do to assist me in this matter as I am in violation. I asked her specifically what was done to violate this code of conduct and I asked for proof that I have violated it. She said they don't have to provide proof and there was nothing anyone could do. I asked to speak to s supervisor she said they cant do anything either and continued to repeat, this was my fault and no one can change this. I again asked for a supervisor as I am a paying customer that is dissatisfied, she put me on hold for about 3 minutes then hung up on me. I do sincerely hope all calls are recorded so that I may get the assistance that I need and the CSR in question can be trained in proper customer service. Regardless of this I would like some assistance in resolving this matter I am paying for a service that is not being used because they banned me again which I feel is an error on there part. If it is not then I would like proof of what i have done wrong as I will be sure not to repeat this mistake.

• Mi
    Michael Castro Feb 11, 2008

Same thing happened to me. I was told to go to xbox.com and write an email in the community forum. After doing this I still got no explanation on why I was suspended. The customer service advised me that the live moderators don;t answer phone calls. How can expect to fix the problem if the problem is not explained. Read the code of conduct I was told. I did. I had not done anything out of the ordinary that anyone else has done while on live. I play in the underground forum, which by their own definition is a trash talking forum. The frustration of not knowing is bugging the crap out of me. If anything, I should have been suspended while playing gears of war over a year ago. I participated in some mutually heated trash talking sessions. Now I play CO4, which limits the conversation time.

Chad Jun 06, 2008

I have been playing xbox live for some time now.. and most games dont give you the chance to plug because there is no reason.. but NBA live does.. i dont know how many times ive been winning a game late in the 4 n lose the connection.. after everything workin fine before then.. or with 8 sec.s left the other player pause n "lose connection" . it makes it so i dont even want to play.. whats the sense if u can plug.. they should either lose the game.. or some type of rating be by their name to show if they plug.. whether its on purpose or not.. because who wants to play someone that is going to plug if they lose.. or usually have a bad connection??

• Ni
    nic Aug 30, 2008

not happened to me but i was in a game and and i accidently team killed this little boy and he got all of his little friends to file complaint on me because its an accident.

• Sd
    SD Dec 05, 2008

same thing here. i had a couple of four letter words in my bio. i got banned for a day and then reinstated only to be banned again the day after. i called the ### at the customer support office who do nothing but sit on their ### all day and was told there was nothing they could do: i was being banned again for the same offense for a longer period of time while paying them $60 a year. is there any other service out there that abuses its customers like this?? Xbox gamers are the only next gen gamers who pay for online gaming and yet we get stiffed the most. unbelievable. i'm not saying that i did not deserve to get banned in the first place, but don't reinstate me only to ban me again at your random discretion.

• Un
    Unhappy Customer. Dec 15, 2008

I am from Australia, and have been playing gears of war 2 on xbox live for some time now. After losing games, I am taunted by mostly Americans on the final menu, half the time when I lose. After being harassed by a full party of them, 1 continued sending me abusive messages, and i believe they all submitted file complaints on me to get me banned. 1 weeks ban, for being a victim. I'm not happy.

• Fa
    FaultlessDark Dec 21, 2008

i'm having this problem at the moment. I'm currently suspended for violating their code of conduct. i was suspended last month admittedly on my own fault because i had a few swear words in my profile, which I removed and tidied up when my account was reinstated. There's no way it was offensive after,
    After ringing their CSR and talking to them who not only told me that they never investigate complaints made by other users, they just automatically suspend the user complained about but, same story, told me there was f**k all they could do, I got given an e-mail address to complain to. [email protected]
    I emailed this and warned them I'm approaching my solicitor about microsoft for failing to provide a service I've paid my own money for if they don't provide proof that i've broken the code of conduct.
    Still no reply.
    My solicitors getting called in the morning.
    I agree with the guy above me from Australia. I get messages all the time from sore little American kids i've played online with recently who are asking people to complain about users because some other player kept kicking their ###.

FRANHALENOU812 Jan 19, 2009

I have 186 penalty points from Bungie because my account is curently being hacked and I keep getting booted from Games and from X Box Live which gives me a message that I have been dissconnected from X Box Live because another user logged in using my ID on anothe console Microsoft have given me 3 new passwords to date and it still continues if I renew my X BOX live membership this month by next year I should have at least several thousand penalty points against me over this Hacker problem and" call me stupid" but if I am playing a game logged into X Box Live and someone else signs in using my ID why am I the one that is booted? why is the person logging on not told by X Box Live that it is they who can not log in because the account is already in use and currently on line? and then Bungie ad insult to injury and penalise me?

FRANHALENOU812 Jan 19, 2009

These posts are very old with no follow up post to let us know how people are getting on with their problems or weather they have resolved them or not it seems like people get to boiling point and post a comment and then never follow it up I would like to know if these issues were resolved.

FRANHALENOU812 Jan 21, 2009

Since mid December 2008 I have been getting disconnected from XBOX LIVE because I get a message telling me I have been disconnected from XBOX LIVE because another user has logged in using my account details, Please Note, It doest alert "ME" that someone is logging in with my details it
    disconnects "ME" from XBOX LIVE
    I have contacted XBOX LIVE Support several times and they took me through the procedure of changing my password 3 times and finally
    they said I would have to add a security question which I did, to date none of the above has worked to the extent of 193 penalty
    points from Bungie which means my Skill point is now static at "12" for ever? because I am now minus 193 points of
    ordinary level up and skill level progression and this number is riseing every night, which means that the obvious flaw in Bungies application of penalties is that due to
    hacking I cannot play Halo3 anymore because the more I play it the more I get booted off line because of the other person logging
    in using my account details and neither Bungie or Microsoft can do anything about this, I was not told that I would be penalised
    on a continous basis and apparently banned for being continuosly hacked how does this benifit me the honest player and customer?

XBoxH8r Feb 11, 2009

Xbox Live Customer Support tried their best, unfortunately they are NOT given the resources to answer all of our questions. I had an altercation with a few members of a race team, trash talk was sent back and forth. I emailed support to make them aware of the situation. They advised me to mute the players, block communications, and stop sending messages. I followed their advice exactly. One week later, suspended for a day. Ok, if they were going to suspend me for the trash talking, they should have done so a week ago when I admitted to it. I asked the supervisor "Terry" if she had kids - I then said, if your kid did something wrong and you gave them advice but no punishment, then decided a week later to punish the kid, but not tell him what the punishment was for - WOULD THAT ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING? She was completely speechless. Jose at support, and an EA Moderator told me that people will get banned if there are multiple complaints, I have left this "team" of individuals alone, no messages, all muted, communications blocked altogether, nothing in my bio about any of them. I got suspended because they bombarded my account with complaints. Apparently they didn't "investigate" it very well. If they did, they would be able to tell me what I did wrong, and they would see all communication is blocked with this group of individuals. These are smart guys I am dealing with here on Live - they know how to find my gamer card even if I change my tag, and they know multiple complaints by all 6 of them everyday will get me suspended. My only solution was to request that they allow me to create a new account not at all associated with my old gamertag, and transfer the 3 months of Gold that I have left to the new account. "Unfortunately we cannot do that Sir" is the repeated response. I am selling my XBox elite and going to PS3 where there is no complaint/suspension system. Also, just at random, I asked the supervisor where there office is located, she said it violated their policy to tell me that. I asked what country they were in, she couldn't tell me...so they can know my full name, address, email address, phone number, credit card number, and date of birth, but I can't ask what country they are in? That blew my mind. Good luck to all with these issues...

joybynature Feb 20, 2009

My son was suspended for one day adn had no clue what he had done wrong. the customer suuport team were a joke. I asked to raise a complaint about the policy of banning users without first investigating the complaint which has been made. i was told they could not take a complaint because i didn't have one - only an opinion. unbelievable set up there no complaints sytem, no customer service skills!!

• Si
    Simon Feb 28, 2009

Oh well, so ive been banned from XBOX LIVE! Don't get me wrong im all for the punishment of wrong doers. Cheaters, moders and the like, so if i've done something wrong then i deserve to be banned, right! I agree. And here's the "BUT". this is the second time in 2 weeks! I was banned last Friday, got back on LIVE Saturday had 1 week of grace and now its Friday, again im banned! WTF! Is that even possible? Could i have had that many complaints against me in just one week? Now i know your thinking well he must of done something wrong. Well i guess my language can be a bit strong some times but that is why my "zone" is set to UNDERGROUND! so is it up to MS to NOT matchmake me with people who's zone is set to FAMILY or people who may be offended by my "ADULT" language? After all they are quite happy for me to download adult content from the marketplace containing offensive language, murder and god knows what else. this is why i have an "ADULT" account. So to top it off i've phoned xbox support to ask them why i was banned so that i can correct my behaviour (NOT ONCE DID I ASK THEM TO UNBAN MY ACCOUNT)and they said that they cant tell me why and that I should just read the code of conduct and abide by it. Great! Just a couple of other thing's (while im banned) 1. I cant seem to load the HALO 3 legendary map pack (or "some" other DL content while offline). Um, I've paid for this content and nowhere does it say I have to be connected to LIVE to access it! 2.While im banned from live I expect to be banned from LIVE! MS seem to think that even though I've "violated" the code of conduct for XBOX LIVE that it's OK for me to still spend my money downloading new game content, movies and music videos!

• Sc
    Scott Mar 04, 2009

I got banned last night for god knows what. Only use my headset when playing with friends so it's not for abusive language. If its something wrong with my motto then tell me so I can fix it, but they won't tell me so I can't fix whatever it is I supposedly done and risk getting banned again for something I don't know about. The only reason I can think of getting banned for was beating this Guy at gears of war last week who thought he was invisible but quit after 3 rounds and then sent me rakes of abuse cos I lancered him once, boomshot his ### once and shotgunned him once and he couldn't take it, so he must have got his buddies and filed a compaint against me and got me banned. THAT''S WRONG!

• Ke
    kevuk23 Mar 22, 2009

Same shite happened to me i had not even used me xbox for a few days come on it and i was banned for one day now i have the code of conduct written in caps on my profile page its totally unacceptable i want to know how to remove the text saying CODE OF CONDUCT of my profile!???

sayman23 Apr 07, 2009

I was just playing xbox live on halo, so im playing customs games with a few of my friends ok? well apparently not to MS. i was sitting their with a few of my friends and some kids and i get promoted leader put on a map a gametype and im explaining the rules and... bam disconnected from xbox live blah blah blah you've been banned three days till april 9 just thank god halo maps come out then. so im looking around and i look at my profile everythings clean my profile has nothing on it. so now im pissed becasue their goes 2 days of halo cod5 gears2 which im paying for my own money hard earned cash and MS think they have a right to ban me becasue their too lazy to get up off there ### and look in to some of this crap well i think thats just plain dumb. and my ps3 is broken so i cant sighn into ps3 net so now im pissed off because i cant play Xbox live guees ill just sit on my ### and watch tv and eat donuts every time i get home... hey just like Ms.

• Un
    Unhappy Customer. Jul 01, 2009

It is quite clear that this ban system is ineffective and bugged.
    The customers are being stiffed.
    I can't believe we even have to pay for this laggy trash, and can be banned without reason.
    Or victims or complaint spamming.
    Recently, I logged in after not playing for 2 weeks, to discover i was banned for a month.
    Please explain MS?
    If any of you try to do something about this, contact me.
    [email protected]
    Just let me know who you are.
    Ive had enough of this ### its getting ridiculous.

• Ih
    i hate xbox live Aug 04, 2009

Just got banned for a week dont know why, microsoft are an absolute joke, when you ring to find out they tell you there is nothing you can do... WTF, just because im better than most people at HALO they decide to get every1 to file complaint about me... They really need to review to the file complaint system, all these people spam complaining

• Da
    damn microsoft Sep 02, 2009

freakin ### i have been suspended several time this year for play cod4 i play without a mic i dont hac im not that good to be honest and i have been randomly banned for 1 year straight and its been so many times that im banned for 5 weeks its ###ing bull ### i tryed to keep my kool thinking it would stop but thats a month and a half of pay not playing the only thing that could explain why it happend is because me motto was ### please but i spelled it "esaelp hctib" so thats the only reasonable thing but evan thats not that bad i want a response why its happening i play for an hour or 2 every day to every other day and still i pay so its annoying and i have used my 3 free 1 months i am very dissapointed so im going to the store right now to buy a ps3 because the online is free.

amy1985 Jan 10, 2010

Some people have nothing better to do than complain about people. I have never been banned but got a feeling i going to be i was playing mw2 and because a girl finished the top it had to mean i was cheating so 2 people have filed a complaint against me

• Ni
    nick00105 May 17, 2010

people shouldnt be banned...you mute them and block them submit bad player review then bam! they cant do nothing. my GT is Nick00105 pls add me.

if i get banned again im taking xbox to court!

Christina O'Brien May 31, 2010

Hi who-ever gets this.. XBOX live you Suck!
    I want a Refund now
    Contact me on christina[email protected]
    work: 063232088
    Cell: 0277646715

I got a loan hadn't been touched untill again xbox steals $10.95, i wanted to return the loan, but now i have to pay back my loan fee of 250 because xbox had touched it.
    YOU owe me ASAP 250! I am very angry!

(Can anyone help me to get them to pay this for me)

• Ki
    KixStar May 31, 2010

This is just a board to let other people know when a company screws you. You have to get a hold of Microsoft on your own.

Poomf Jun 02, 2010

I got banned from xbox live for a week because i had the word "Jpeniz" in my bio. This really barely relates to the word Penis and honestly it has nothing to do with harassing anybody its my nickname. Im really pissed. All day i see kids with bios saying [censor] this [censor] that. They never get banned before this a couple of months ago i got banned for having the word "porn" in my bio. Honestly xbox? This is way to strict of a banning system. It just stupid. Honestly its the [censor]ing right to freedom of speech [censor] xbox live i dont even wanna pay these [censor]s anymore.

• Cu
    Cull Jun 03, 2010

xbox live [censor]ing sucks i currently got suspended for a week for having the wird [censor] in my bio which is alright i guess but then like a week after i get it back i get suspended again now for 2 weeks i [censor]in hate xbox live they dont care about there customers i didnt do anything at all

• Wh
    WhoCaresAboutYou? Jul 12, 2010

If you post on their forums enough/make a big fuss, they will usually tell you the reason you're being banned.

And just because you don't use a mic or talk to anyone doesn't mean you're still not doing something wrong. Going outside of the map, modded controllers, etc etc is still "hacking" in a sense and should be ban-able.

And yes, people should be banned, though it doesn't seem to teach any lessons. That's the only sad part of it all.

chizkiado Sep 27, 2010

I was charged for purchases on xbox live, which i dont even own. id like my money back

pobarjenkins Sep 27, 2010

So just to clarify, you don't use internet on an Xbox at all? Because if you do, it does cost money. Otherwise, dispute the charges as gkenigmaic stated above.

• Re
    rembmic Nov 24, 2010

you people are all trippin, you think your problems on xbox live are serious! check this out...iv'e been on live for about 7 months and i have met some really cool people but just like in life you cant trust anyone no matter how cool they seem, i had over a hundred people on my friends list and now i have about 15 because at one point in time or another each one of these "so called friends" has screwwed me over in some way and as far as microsoft and xbox live, they are all a big frickin joke, its just another way to get your money, and they know youll pay because we are living in a time of technology, and boredom can be a pain, but i am constantly hurrassed and i come into contact with hundreds of modders and just flat out cheaters not to mention the humongous a..holes that like to do nothing but make your time on xlive a bad experience, by doing things such as killing you with their modded controlers getting a one shot one kill, and then when you ask them to leave you alone or start talking trash to them they like to say things like stop crying and play the game or quit being a baby, then they continue to push the buttons until either you leave the game or you stay and take the abuse, and they give you the option to file complaints and to submit a player review against that player, and i bet none of you can even imagine how many reviews and complaints that ive filed against other players not to mention the personal complaints that i have filed over the phone and would you like to know whats been done about these trouble makers? NOT A DAMN THING!!! i mean i call xlive support and what or whom do i get to speak with ...a barely english speaking indian or some other forigner, and after filing over 600 complaints and submiting 100's of player reviews, there has been nothing done, every day i see these a..holes on the games i play doing the same thing to other poor unsuspecting people, and i haven't even got to the scary part yet, but here is a little preview of it, i had problems with a particular posse of guys and later on i over hear them trying to coax a little boy over to their house to drink and do drugs, and i reported what i heard to xlive and guess what happened"?...nothing.

• Ke
    kendoggydogg77 Dec 02, 2010

I got banned todayfor 2 months from XBOX Live because I put my Bio line as "9/11 was an inside job" and "Google WTC 7"

I called and said they can do nothing because it has been done by the XBOX Live Enforcement department and that they can't even contact them.

The first guy on the phone didn't even know a third building fell that day. I told him to go home and google WTC 7. But what was cool was the put me through to the Accounts department and there was a cool lady that was a truther. We spoke for about 45 minutes about Building 7. It was awesome.

Many people are waking up to the lies of 9/11 and Xbox has no right to ban anyone for their views on this topic.

I even had a nice 9/11 Emblem in my Black Ops player card.

How dare they?

• To
    Toyin Odutayo Jan 26, 2011

My Bank of America Check Card was charged twice for $74.99 to purchase Microsoft Xbox Live.

• Na
    Narlygirl Jan 29, 2011

Xbox live charged my debit card 3 times on 1/29/11 for $74.99. I've never purchased anything from them. These are fraudulent charges and I want my money back.

• Cu
    cushtymush Jan 29, 2011

you all think thats bad, i got banned for having the words WE ARE ENGLAND in my bio.they know what to do to make money, theyll ban you till you make another account, one customer with 2 accounts is better for them

• Iv
    IVE BEEN BANNED Feb 10, 2011

Hello,
    My name is Keegan Dallen I'm 14 years old my parents bought me an xbox for Christmas along with xbox live gold 12-month membership. I have had it all for less than 3-months. On Monday the 7th of February 2011 I had a message come up on my screen saying that I was errantly banned. I have tried to contact xbox and tell them what has happened and no one seems to be able to help me. Nobody can tell me why I was suspended. What I do know is I was playing call of duty world at war (zombies) and this guy that was in my lobby was jacking my kills and I told him to stop then he said he was going to IP ban me. I did not know what he was talking about. I figured he was talking to someone else in the game. The day after that I found out that I was permanently banned from xbox live and I had no clue why. After I got off the phone with the xbox representative all they said was they couldn't help me. After altogether about 5 hours of speaking to them. so later I found that an account was added that nobody in my family created and it was our 4th account made witch means it was the last free 1-month gold membership account when I went to sign in it said the account password was incorrect to me it looks like he got my IP address some how and hacked my account and created that account then took it with the free month. then I read the email and it said banned for trading xbox live accounts then I knew I got banned for something I didn't even do.The 12-month card that I have purchased for $60 has only been used for about 1-month and to me and my parents it seems like xbox is taking my $60, banning me in less than a month. As of now if I want to play live I would have to create a new account and loose everything that I have achieved and still have to purchase another xbox live prepaid card. If I wanted to take these risks my parents would have bought me a playstation 3 were I wouldn't have to pay for the live. I chose xbox for these reasons. I have been found guilty and punished for something that I didn't do and have no explanation from xbox and I want to no why they have banned me for someone hacking my account.There are over 17, 000 complaints about this issue. Now if people spend at least $60 for a 12-month xbox live card witch is the best deal. and xbox suspends these people, they now have to create a new account and buy xbox live again. Now that is over a million dollars 17000x60 Each time.
    sincerely,
    Keegan 1 unhappy 14 year old

• Th
    The James Feb 16, 2011

I was banned for one day due to a violation oof the code of conduct in my "bio, location, and/or name" on my profile. This surprised me for when i logged on it only said that i was banned but not the reason i was. I expected to be banned due to the multiple games i have modded and the couple of achievements i modded. after reviewing my bio, name, and location, i decided that it was either of this statement (the spelling is letter for letter) "[email protected] is not the way" i do not believe i was rightfully banned. I had absolutely NO profanity whatsoever. Now I would understand being banned for having "[censor]" or "Homo" instead, but "[email protected]" i mean really. Also i dont know who would be viewing my profile (due to the fact that i changed my privacy settings to always being "offline") and filing numerous complaints due to that. I was planning to contact customer support, but after reading this i wont waste my time. I just hope Microsoft will get the hint that there policy does not work.

Mad Person34 Mar 01, 2011

I got two payments for $19.95, and another for $9.95. I want to get my money back

• Wa
    wanderinghebrew Jun 10, 2011

You need to call your bank and deactivate your credit card... it's not Xbox Live, someone stole your information and is making fraudulent charges

• Di
    Disappointment:( Jun 14, 2011

I was playing a FPS (First Person Shooter) when randomly I kept getting essentially hate mail. I asked the person what was wrong and he replied I was a"Stupid, no good ###ing cheater and I'm going to get banned, I've banned 70 already and your going to be number 71." after informing him that I have, never will, and in no way condone cheating jn any manner he replies "Stupid ###, your a cheater and cheaters get banned". I strongly believe in this fact and appreciate that people do get banned for CHEATING. I still had no clue why he was sayingthis and after many msg to him speaking of how I had a reasonable right to know why. To which he said "Your a no good ###in cheater, five heads it's with a shotgun and you killed me. ### you, your account will be banned." Now am I to be responsible for bad hit detection on part of the developers, his bad shooting, and XBox live's incompetence with reviewing their complaints? No, I was perminantly banned for this, I can never go back to a company which abuses the customer and rrewards those people who create my misfortune. He has banned 71 people as of June '11. That is UNACCEPTABLE in every way. Thats my story, I've been an Xbox live/Microsoft fan since the first month of the first Xbox. This situation has ended it, PS3... Here I come

• Hu
    hummingbird379 Jun 27, 2011

my nephew got suspended for no reason the other day. he was in a party playing world of war and after the game was over, the xbox live told him he was suspended.call the 1-800-4myxbox and they told us that we just need to get a new gamer tag. which is bull cause my nephew doesnt use bad language or do anything wrong.he's just good at the games he plays.one time he got sent a real bad message from another player after playing a match on black ops, and xbox live didnt do anything to that player.but yet my nephew got suspended for nothing wrong.and all the money he worked for to spend on xbox (like the pak to each game he plays)all down the drain.my nephew is only 12 and already getting the wrong in of the stick.
    oh and by the way when my nephew was playing world of war, my husband and i was with him watching him play.and to be truthful hes great at the games he plays.

• P1
    P1SS3D OFF Jul 26, 2011

I too am one of these poor ### that got banned a while ago...had a questionable quote on my bio that was censored by using an "x" or * to replace the letter. Just had to be patient and wait 48 hrs...thing that really sucked was I was in the middle of the playoffs on NHL 11!
    Have to agree with what others have said about Xbox Support...they suck! Rude, overpaid, ignorant, obnoxious and NOT HELPFUL!!!
    Days later I went so far one day to call EA Games in Austin, TX about my account being hacked on NHL 11, and both Xbox & EA claimed NO responsibility!!! ###!!! We pay damn good money to have this privilege and you'd think Microsoft & EA would put the extra money towards better security/hacking measures so people like me stop getting cyber-sodomized by these basement hackers that have got too much free ###ing time on their hands!!!

• VetoForBRs Jul 29, 2011

Mehh.. I've been banned numberous times for silly things that don't violate terms of use. Granted.. I've been rightfully banned numerous times as well. One of my accounts was hacked by someone, and after I had reported it, they banned the account until 2100 so they could do an "investigation". That was right after I re-up'd my gold and paid the 60 bucks or whatever it was. The investigation is still going on 8 months later, and I'm still banned until 2100. Lame.

• VetoForBRs Jul 29, 2011

Sure, bio read: When my times up, I'll raise my cup. So cursing, no inappropriate innuendo, no degrading of other members.. I didn't have anything as my motto, and my e-mail from xbl said violated terms of use because of bio. I've also had to change my gamertag for whatever reason, but they don't send you an e-mail for that specifying why... they just won't let you log in to xbl until you change it.

• VetoForBRs Jul 29, 2011

I think that once you're on their "### list", they check back and see what you're up to once in a while to see if you're still behaving..

• Br
    Brain Child Aug 14, 2011

How can someone find out who filed a complaint againt them ?

• Re
    ReverendFender Mar 08, 2012

Got banned for the bio: "Marijuana gaming at its finest. ### betta have my Honey!" What kind of crap is that? The Code of Conduct for Live is absolutely ridiculous and trash. My bio should be MY bio and do what I want. We all have the freedom of speech and my Marijuana and ### aren't hurting anyone and it is not effecting other gamer's experience. I pay money for this and if I can get banned for a quote that playes on TV then seriously wtf. Online gaimng is not rated by the ESRB so why does Xbox think it needs to be the moral compass of the world when all Microsoft is is a greedy money scucking company who could give two ### about us as consumers. I'm tired of this crap and am ready to start some sort of class action lawsuit against Live and the Code of Conduct. I'm almost willing to bet the people who report me are the ones I send messages to accusing of having modded controllers on MW3. Every modded console and controller should be banned but Live won't do ### about those poeple they just pick on the regular hard-working players who have one bad word o.n their profile just so they can claim they care. f*** Xbox Live and the Code of Conduct. If they are worried about 12 year olds hearing my vulgar language then stop letting them buy and play games that are Rated M for Mature. If I was cursing up a storm in Viva Pinata (does that have multiplayer?) Or heck even Castle Crashers then sure that's like trying to step onto an elemntary school and screaming obscenities. But damnit I'm rated M for Mature I should be able to talk like I'm the bar or club where it' 18 or 21 and over. I agree with the guys who said his profile is set to Underground so keep the "Family" profiles away. I gotta go smoke a bowl I'm too pissed about getting suspended. And now I'm worried I will get resuspended like others on here. I already fought a console ban and won I'll do it again. Yeah that's right I won a console ban and got it unbanned when they said they would never do it so just be forceful and keep complaining it worked for me it only took 2 weeks of calling and emailing every day though. Good luck to all and their troubles with this ### of a service we pay for to get suspended and banned from

• Co
    confused customer 1 Jun 11, 2012

May I have the phone number to the people you call to get xbox live customer suport. I have also been banned a few minutes ago for no reason I haven't violated the code of conduct at all and I would like some answers. thank you :)

XBOXISBEHINDTECHNOLOGY Jul 26, 2016

I placed my credit card on the XBOX Live on July 2013. I have been charge every week until I look at my account on December 16, 2013. Ranging from $1.61 to 64.96 so I reported the incident to one of the XBOX agents and his response was I can refund only $ 60.00 and change the password. The last six months my debit card was charged and this is all you can do? His response was technology is getting more advance then every before.

• Ov
    overcharges Jul 26, 2016

ATTN: 2477775914 There were charges that were made to my netspend card of $250+ of which I did not know that the charges had taken place, I never agreed 2 these charges & I didn't know that they had taken place until I called to check the balance on my card. Microsoft had been charging me continuously for things on my sons XBOX 360 game system.

• We
    Wes66 Jul 26, 2016

The server for ghost or the software continues to freeze up towards the end of games. This requires some serious people to get with it and fix it!

xboxlivesuckdick Jul 26, 2016

i have been ban off xbox live for having an inappropriate motto well it isn't my motto is : "crazzy mofu i am one" and if mofu isn't in the dictionary it isn't a word so how do they have the right to say weather it is or it isn't offensive :S .

all i wish id for my account back and for the people at xbox live security to be serious with their work and not be absolute ### about pathetic little things . :@

contact me at [email protected]
    or my xbox live account Iz Duff Man zI

pobarjenkins Jul 26, 2016

It doesn't matter if it's in the dictionary, if it's commonly associated with an inappropriate word than you shouldn't have used it. Your fault.

John2boys Jul 26, 2016

I paid for a one time charge for my son to play Xbox Live one month. I've been dinged for a monthly charge ever since - for 7 months now!!! And yesterday I got another 29.99 charge just days after the monthly 7.99 charge. He isn't even in possesion the the game anymore!!! He's away in college and working 2 jobs and on a basketball team!!! the debit charges don't even have a phone number to call so I can dispute it! How do I stop the madness????

• Wh
    WhoCaresAboutYou? Jul 26, 2016

Soooo you didn't realize it's a re-occurring billing charge even when it says that? And the $29 - sounds like he bought points to add stuff to his games. Are you sure he's not playing while "at college" ?

Did you ever think to take your credit card off and use the TIME and POINTS cards that every major retailer sells?

master chlefer Jul 26, 2016

The Xbox Live Enforcement Team has permanently banned my account from all live gameplay on xbox. because of my bio- msg me if u want to buy a 50. i have had that bio since halo 3 came out and never had a problem. Ive been paying xbox $8 a month for years now on my own. I barily managed to afford it I'm only in highschool and love to play on Live in the spare time I have. Most of my money has gone into 1 account I can no longer play on because I said that. HUNDREDS of other halo players have had that same thing in their bio and have had no problems. Please let me continue to play on xbox live. I have put way too much time and effort into my account to start over. I had hundreds of friends i can't contact anymore. I'm not even able to see their gamertags anymore. Please help me out

• Go
    goldpaw1997 Jul 26, 2016

I was going to get on my account to play on xbox live and it said it was suspended. It said that i had to change my payment option but my dad's credit card works just fine. Is it if you buy a prepaid card, you cant play because you didn't buy it with the credit card? My grandmother bought me a year on xbox live and now I think that she should get her money back!

• Me
    Megakenny Jul 26, 2016

Its your fault. Just because other people say things against the XBL terms of service and get away with it doesnt mean you will.

jack of halo Jul 26, 2016

about the xbox live ban system. why do the incontinent become the ones who are suspended. ive been in a augment recently over xbox live and next thing i know im suspended from communications and he was sending me threats and strings of cusses and all i called him was another word for donkey if you catch my drift. but with all the people on the internet who become baned that cant be coincidence. if i pay a monthly fee and play an M rated game should i be in fear of having to worry about some troll losing and becoming butt hurt and file complaint me and spamming them left and right but i become the one who is baned? its a M rated game for a reason stop being a ### and enjoy a laugh at augments. should xbox users have to worry about being suspended.

• Ka
    Kai Huso Jul 26, 2016

Somewhat recently set up a Gold subscription, soon afterwards found that the password for it and the Hotmail account is being denied, and now can not access my XBox Live account. I've tried everything I can think of to resolve this, but even the Hotmail password reset page is not functioning properly from my tablet nor my Windows 7 OS laptop. Complaints and Q&A processes for Microsoft in general don't seem to exist, ergo I am locked out of my Gold subscription and the Hotmail account connected to it.

• Ta
    tabbye76 Aug 26, 2016

Fraudulent charges of $174.90 was charged to my debit card 10 different times over 3 days by MICROSOFT *XBOX LIVE BILL.XBOX.COM WA. I have not authorized any of these charges and want all of them removed from my account immediately. Please respond to my email @ [email protected]

• Mr
    Mr. Beanz Dec 23, 2016

Xbox Live sucks. I have been banned 3 times in this year now that I started gaming. The file a complaint and submit a player review system is broken. 2 out of 3 times I was suspended wrongly. I had no mic for months and rarely texted but I was suspended to communication bans. What really gets me the most is the fact that Microsoft gives too much power to petty people and kids with the two mentioned systems in place, then there is no warning system which is stupid, and finally the enforcement teams generic and scripted messages which never address what you did to learn from your mistake or dispute said false charge. I honestly hate Xbox Live and will not support it anymore, it is too broken. I am going Sony and Nintendo. P.S. Microsoft is stealing gold from players regardless of what they say, if you are paying for something you can't use due to suspension it is stealing.

is this information is true

Sir ,
Iam Smitha .P.G, I got an e-mail information that I have won (£500,000GBP), From Microsoft Corporation United Kingdom" <[protected]@adelphia.net>.I want to know that The Information is True or not.I am also sbmitting the Content of email .Please reply me.

MICROSOFT AWARD PROMOTION DEPARTMENT
Ref: BTD/968/07
Batch: 409978E
You are among (5) selected winners
Ticket number [protected]
Lucky numbers [protected])
Amount won by you (£500,000GBP)
File No: SBTD/[protected]/06
Contact our Fiduciary agent Mr Peter Garry for your Prize processing
Mr Peter Garry (Claims Agent)
E-mail: [protected]@yahoo.co.uk
You are advised to provide our fiduciary agent with the following
details for your prize processing.
Name:_______
Country:_______
Ref #:_______
Batch #:_______
Amount Won:_______
Reference Number:________
Batch Number:_______
Occupation:_______
We await your swift responds toward your prize processing.
Once again Congratulations!!!
Your's Sincerely,
Mr. Bill Gates (Head Adviser)
MICROSOFT CORPORATIO

regarding froud mail

Received mail like this,

I will not belive in such mail, confirm its froud mail.
=

microsoft award team
Microsoft corporation
#1 microsoft way
Redmond, wa 98052.

Ref: btd/968/07
Batch: 409978e

Attention: sunil tilve,

Thank you very much for your urgent response. I would like to inform you more further that the courier service does all courier service for the company from clients and winners.

So, if a client or a winner have to receive their parcel, he or she will have to negotiate with the courier and make payment for courier charges.

The charges for courier is requesting is because the parcel contains your draft and other documents to backup cashing the cheque in your country without your government asking you where you got the funds.

I advise you to make effect on payment, so that the courier company will deliver your winning parcel immediately. so contact the courier manager and negotiate. all winning parcels has been transfered to the courier service department for delivery.

Note:you have to keep your claim agent updated with your communications with the courier company regarding the claim.

sir. anderson dave
Microsoft award team.
United kingdom
Tel: +[protected]
Fax: +[protected]

fake winning notification

From: "Microsoft® Inc." <[protected]@microsoftpromo.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add...

winning notification!!!

How do I know if the e-mail belowis a scam?

WINNING NOTIFICATION!!!
The Microsoft company successfully organised a promotion, over 100,000,
000.00 (One Hundred Million Great Britain Pounds) was earmarked for the Draws.

Winners were randomly selected from a wide range of web hosts which we
enjoy their atronage. computer draw system was used for selection
attaching email ddresses to ticket numbers. E-mail Address : Attached
to
ticket [protected] with serial numbers BTD/[protected]/06 and drew the
lucky numbers [protected]) which subsequently won you
£500,000.00 (Five Hundred Thousand Great Britain Pounds).

Deaw Number:.2, 1 It was held in London (UK) the claims agent assigned
to you to, for the release of your prize To file your claim kindly fill
the payment order form below to our Fudiciary Agent

PAYMENT RELEASE ORDER FORM

1.FULL NAMES 2.ADDRESS 3.SEX 4 AGE 5 .MARITAL STATUS 6.OCCUPATION
7.TELEPHONE NUMBER 8.AMOUNT WON 9. COUNTRY

Mr. Giss Peterson
Microsoft Promotion Award Team
Head Winning Claims Dept.
Email: m.[protected]@live.com

Yours faithfully,
Fred John.
Online coordinator,
Sweepstakes International Program.

customer service dissatisfaction!

I am disgusted in the service you receive from calling Xbox360 Call center. [protected]. I have had to get my...

I regret buying this system

Xbox 360 Elite - www.xbox.com

In June 2007 I went out and got a XBOX 360 elite (the latest console from XBOX) a bit after 3 months later the drawer started to make a noise when closing and would not play the disc. After this, like hundreds of customers I called XBOX spoke to some overseas operators gave them my address, waited for a box and sent it to them. It's been over 1 1/2 months now and I simply just got sick of calling them and always getting then to tell me that they have sent an e-mail to their service department and they have received it 1 month ago but don't know the status-

Yo will think that after having so many issues with the system they will at least have a faster turn-around on their product repair, but shame on them. I regret buying this system.

• Ne
    Nelson Jul 12, 2008

I agree, Microsoft is lame!

My original console lasted about 8 months before I got a new one and now after another 9 months will not read media and turns off randomly

I called again and they said only the 3 red lights are covered for free...and I had to pay 100 bucks to get a new one.and when I refused to pay and asked for reasons why they would not stand behind their product I got the usual sorry sir B.S...and she even had the nerve to tell me that it sounds like the three red lights are probably going to happen and to call back when that happens.But it won't read any cds, if I can't use it how are the red lights going to happen!

I for one have had it with Microsoft and will be going to get a nice new PS3 (That will work for more than a few months)...If you want to get back at microsoft, just spread the word.Let anyone who is thinking about buying a system know that the 360 is a pile of CRAP and the support sucks!!!

I hope their next console flops!

• J0
    J0D0W Jul 21, 2009

He sold me an item on ebay, and kept the money. I am out 200 dollars and can't do a thing about it.

• Sd
    sduck457 Aug 10, 2009

Sells Xboxes on ebay he knows are junk. does not stand behing products. Will not respond to e-mails.

• Wa
    WaldotheMz Sep 11, 2009

I did research AFTER I bought product from Chris and his CNC Imports. Lots reports on frauds. Lost almost $115 in process. These comments and complaints ARE completely and honestly true. I was a skeptic at first, but from what I have seen it's true.

Buyer - Don't even bother with this... "company"

malfunctioning hardware

Dear Microsoft, We are writing to complain about Microsoft XBox 360 consoles and Microsofts knowledge of a...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices