Microcenter — order online pickup service badly broken
I ordered an expensive item online at www.microcenter.com and after several hours, no e-mail acknowledgment of order was received. I called store and was told a salesperson would call me back. Salesperson, to their credit, was able to place item on 24hr hold. Next day, still no e-mail from online store, however I was able to pay for and pickup product. I basically ended up in the old brick and morter and phone order pipeline. The e-commerce pipeline is clearly broken at Microcenter.
The online inventory did seem to match what the store had on hand. I was told the online order was canceled (because the CC company thought it was fraudulent). A week later e-mail arrives saying order is ready for pickup. The company representative at the central 800 number can't cancel the order and apparently can't message the store nor do anything about it. The 800 representative can give me the phone number for the local store. I called the local store, their advice is don't pickup the order and it will cancel itself. They either were not interested or were not able to manually cancel the order. Mean while there is a credit hold on my card. Next call is to the credit card company. Argh...
Microcenter is trying to compete with the other chains like Circuit City with their online order, pickup locally and Microcenter has thus far a very poor operational setup.
This is a real negative to their image, perhaps they should pull the service until they can prove it works.
- Real unimpressed
More Microcenter Complaints & Reviews
- Micro Center - fraud and scam
- Microcenter - Beware of microcenter re-stocking fees
- Micro Center - no service on extended warranty
- Micro Center - this is a scam by microcenter or its refurbishing center
- Micro Center - this place is a rip off
- Micro Center - deplorable customer service
- Micro Center - they're double charging thieves
- Microcenter - return disaster
- Micro Center - they sell garbage
- Microcenter - advertisement not accurate