MGM Resorts Internationalexcalibur hotel

T Sep 14, 2018

I am just returning from a 10 night stay at Excalibur Hotel Las Vegas this was my first trip to Las Vegas and I am writing to you to let you know I was very disappointed with my stay at the Excalibur. On our first night we noticed the carpet in front of the wardrobe in our room (26151) was extremely wet we thought this might have been due to the refrigerator which had been brought to our room earlier that day so we assumed it would dry and it would be fine. Then on our 3rd night at 4am my partner woke to a horrendous smell in our room where we came to the conclusion this was due to the wet carpet. We then went to the reception to ask to be moved rooms as the smell was unbearable. The first lady was very helpful and we were moved to room 26104 where we unpacked we then noticed the bathroom ceiling was black with damp/mould as my partner suffers from a bad heart condition this room was not acceptable for us to remain in so I went back to reception this would now be around 5am to inform them of this problem. This lady was extremely rude and ignorant and proceeded to tell me I should have informed the reception of this problem upon arrival which was clearly impossible to do as I couldn't possibly know the problem was going to occur we then we're moved to another room where I have taken photos of the window which was stuffed on one side with toilet roll and the bathroom door handle was hanging off meaning it could not be locked when in use. By this stage I was fed up having to complain as I was not getting any help and I was not going to pack and unpack again to waste any more of my holiday time. We also had to wait a further 4 hours on another refrigerator being brought to our room and was only brought up after I made another phone call to reception. Also we had purchased photographs of my partner and i on the new York new York rollercoaster which cost $50 and were thrown out whilst the room was being cleaned. I feel the experience I have had with your hotel I will not be returning to any of your resorts again if this is the level of service given.