Merchant OneFraud, theft, dihonest

Lately we become the latest victim of Merchant One and their fraudulent activities.

In July 2009 they defaulted our business relationship by withdrawing monies from our account without our acknowledgment or permission, and for the past 6 months they have failed to give us our monthly statements.

We started processing credit cards with Merchant One on 8/2008 and our sales person was Mark Raasch an Acquisitions Manager there at Merchant One.

Our company quote provided by Mark on behalf of Merchant One stated “no commitments or long term contacts”. We were also to receive a dedicated account representative with the normal monthly statements.

In July we prepared out taxes for the state and went to review our monthly statements from Merchant One only to realize that we have not received them since Jan 2009. We made a phone call to Merchant One and the person was very rude and told us that they did not get any returned mail. They also told us that they sent them. I asked for copies of all the reports and was told that they would have someone call me back. I never got a call back from anyone at Merchant One.
I called several times only to get more rudeness and more lies.

I put a call into Mark Raasch thinking that he was our “dedicated account representative” and he never did call me back. I also sent him and email that never got answered.

At this time I realized that I was not going to get my monthly statements or a returned call from Merchant One. They were completely ignoring me. So I called in and requested that my account be closed and that they send me the proper paper work and my monthly statements since I did pay for them.

The next day I noticed a unauthorized deduction from our account made by Merchant One. (July 2009) I called them and asked why this was only to be told that it was for PCI. (Very interesting) I asked what I was never notified that I would be charged for this and they told me that I had in one of my monthly statements (hum I have not been getting them).

Well I closed the account including my business account, I re-read all my documents with them to make sure I am not liable for anything and also sent them to our attorney.
The bank is refunding all monies withdrawn (only those that were unauthorized).

2 weeks later I get a call from Jason on behalf of Merchant One, saying that I owe them money for canceling the contract and also for the PCI. I told him that I was not under any contract and that the monies for PCI was taken from the account with out any authorization. Jason told me they were going to send this to collections and take legal action.

All I can say at this time, to all those looking for a Merchant provider, read the BBB on Merchant One, Read the complaints and problems on Merchant One and then pass the word around to everyone to stay away from them and if they are under any contract with them, do renew it when it comes up.

If you have any problems like this also call the Attorney General of Florida. Blog about it and blog more about it. Report to BBB!

We can get the word out and stop companies from praying on smaller business.

Shame on Merchant One where is your honesty????

• Bi
    BizOwner Aug 17, 2009

I am happy to say I do not have that problem with MerchantOne i have been with them for Years and I couldnt ask for a better Merchant Processor... Just giving my Honest Opinion

• Es
    Esteban Ricoh Sep 29, 2009

I have been with Merchant One for several years and have never had any problems. When I first started taking credit cards for my business I had no clue what I was doing and thanks to their knowledgeable staff I was able to set everything up quick and easy.

• Es
    Esteban Ricoh Sep 29, 2009

MARK RAASCH IS MY HERO!!!

madasheck13 Oct 08, 2009

I strongly recommend using PAYPAL. Merchant one is a thief. i cancelled the day after i signed up because they could not deliver what was promised & they've been charging me ever since - THREE MONTHS. Their own employee admits i cancelled in July and yet they will not refund the charges for services I NEVER USED. Close to $200. I had to close out my bank account to get them to stop charging me and they refuse to refund my money. PAYPAL is a superior service and i've never had one issue and is cheaper than Merchant one.

• Me
    Merchant fraud Oct 17, 2009

It is my opinion based on my actual experience with Merchantone that their business plan includes using
    deceptive business practices to get all the people signed up for thier service possible. Then when customers
    start having problems and want to drop them, they will atempt to make a direct withdrawl from their customers accounts for what they call a "cancellation fee". If this fails they threaten to ruin the customers company and personal credit ratings. No company continues to screw unhappy customers unless this is
    indeed part of their operating procedures. Try Intuit for your credit card needs, low prices and no hidden
    contract landmines. Even in these times of high unemployment it must be tough to have to work for a company like this one. Best of Luck.

• Lc
    lchung Nov 04, 2009

Unarthorized charged of $129 for PCI. (Did not disclosed at sign up) And other hiidde fees. Business owners stay away!
    They are the scam artist. Help spread the words.

• Oa
    oasis bed and breakfast Feb 25, 2010

Fraudulent company, they constantly take money out of your account even when you have closed the account with them. Mark Raasch is not to be trusted, many hidden fees and they also charged me $150.00 to close the account and also charged me $199.00 for the PinPad saying that it was not returned. They also charged $19.95 to send the PinPad, a fee not disclosed and would not return that fee when the PinPad was returned. They had signed a UPS receipt for the PinPad on the 9 Feb 2010, and are trying to charge me for the unreturned PinPad. I am definitely taking this to the BBB and PAII, (Professional Association of Innkeepers International. Please continue with your complaints.

• Ge
    Gene2282 Mar 11, 2010

They did not disclose everything to me which is sketchy sales tactics but also partially my fault for not looking into things more closely. Finding the right merchant service provider is much like shopping for car insurance. You can go to a website and fill out an application and get yourself some car insurance just like that. But what if something happens? Who represents you? That's why I prefer having an agent. Someone I can speak with if I have issues and its the SAME person each time. So I went into my shopping with a few things in my head right off the bat 1) Make sure to read everything 2) Ask question I already know the answers to in order to feel out the representative to make sure he/she is an honest person 3) Make sure this person is responsive and get his/her direct contact information. If the representative offers you a cell phone number as a direct contact you know you've hit a home run. If anyone is interested I got a good honest company that even gives me gift cards for anyone I refer! Check out the site www.fgmsusa.com

• Ri
    Richard1 Apr 06, 2010

I agree, could anyone tell me where I need to go to file a companit against them. What they are doing must be eligale.
    Nancy Rivera is about the worst customer service person that I have ever delt with.
    Please, if anyone knows where or who governs them please let me know.
    Thanks,
    [email protected]

• Bo
    both95 Apr 08, 2010

Merchant One does not disclose all terms and conditions. My "No Contracts/ No Obligations" resulted in non-disclosed early termination fees when I canceled account. I am currently working with an attorney on this matter. Stay away from Merchant One.

• Ih
    ihavebeencheated Apr 17, 2010

I agree with every complaint about Merchant One on this page. They are very dishonest and deceptive. I am complaining to the federal trade commission at www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov and suggest that all their victims should do the same. I t is very important to get these guys exposed so they don't deceive new people.

• Cw
    cw99999 Jul 28, 2010

When this service was ordered, I was given a 30 day free trial. This account was
    never used and I was told that I would be charged $ 295. 00 to cancel. Not only
    did I not use this service, I was billed for the first 30 days when it was provided
    free.

• Sm
    smallcompany Sep 19, 2010

Merchant One should be dismantled and its owners thrown in jail. They made many unauthorized transactions against my account, told me I was under a 3 year contract (I wasn't) and that I would be charged nearly 1 K in cancellation fees if I wanted to cancel my account. It was only after I told one of its representatives, Ross Polonetsky, that I was reporting them to the FTC that they refunded some of the unauthorized transactions. He also told me my account would be cancelled without charge (after I exposed the lies and unauthorized transactions) but I continue to receive invoices from them. I have asked repeatedly for them to stop doing this but until now, they haven't. So I finally changed my bank account info. to avoid further withdrawals. I have never witnessed such thievery from a company in my entire life, may God touch them profoundly in their consciences for stealing from small business owners.

• Ri
    rickdlance Jun 30, 2011

Pretty much similar results for me. I'm seeking legal council and possibly a class action suit can be filed. [email protected] for those that want to participate or a lawyer that may represent us.

• Ke
    KEEGSTER8 Feb 21, 2013

I put in a card payment online with Paul Milburn Acreages...this transaction showed declined several times so I notified the company via email over the holiday. Since it has been a fiasco as one company states that I am the one putting the hold on my account...ummm how is that???? Merchant One has the credit card services for that website and all I get from Milburns office is that they cannot do anything that they never recieved anything although My BANK WELLS FARGO...has in my account a hold on the payment and it is held by MERCHANT ONE...AT SOME POINT THEY ACCEPTED MY PAYMENT AND HAVE A HOLD ON THIS PAYMENT WHICH IS THE ISSUE...each entity is telling me neither is at fault yet they are still holding my money and account up. This has been going back and forth since monday...Milburns office speaking with my bank and then merchant one and it has gotten NOWHERE. So I contacted MERCHANT ONE myself as Milburn's office wants Merchant ONE to speak to my bank...well problem there is no info can be obtained or discussed without me being there...so why have them call my bank if they cannot get any information??? Milburn's office has not been the nicest in this instance either as they act as though I am not being truthful with them even though they have a copy of the hold on my bank account sent to them by my bank WELLS FARGO. Speaking with Merchant One today due to not being able to get anywhere with Milburn's office and it is just like all the complaints I read online this morning about MERCHANT ONE...sad that a business with such potential has such horrible customer service and excuses. 179 complaints in 6 months!!! WOW!!!

Very disappointed and disgusted with both entities at this point!!!

• Ko
    korpin Aug 19, 2015

merchant one has been an extremely bad experience for me..hidden charges, canclelation fees, etc...once you get them in your bank account you cannot get them out unless you pay a 295.00 fee or 25 dollars a month until you reach 36 months (which ever is greater) and if you decide just not to use their card, its a 25.00 a month mininum fee in ADDITION to a monthly fee

Marilyn Maze Aug 03, 2016

I was t0ld when I signed up that they would provide technical support to help me use their service online. There was no support and I was not able to make their service work. That was three years ago. I have not used there service once, not ever. After paying hundreds of dollars in fees, which continue to escalate, all these years and watching new fees constantly being added, I stopped paying. Now they claim I owe them almost $500. Again, with no service ever provided.

• Be
    Bengal Owner Aug 25, 2016

If you are a reatiler stay away from Merchant One for sevicing your credit card sales. We closed our account yet they continued to charge our bank account for fees. They would not refund nor would they pro-rate any of these fees! Once our account was closed we returned all of their equipment (at our expense) but we received daily emails telling us if the equipment was not in their hands they would charge us for it! They are only out to take you money.