MedihelpUnfair rejection of hospital claim

A

Sent: 30 November 2016 12:05 PM
Subject: Medihelp membership number 7663552- Code 02-rejection of hospital stay claim 11 November - 17 November 2016

To who it may concern

On 11 November 2016 I spent the whole day in pain and decided that evening to go to L&D as I thought it might be early labour at 28 weeks and 5 days where they admitted me.
13 November the Dr still did not know what was wrong with me where the hospital sent in to Medihelp for hospital authorization but unfortunately with that there was a urine test that was positive for a UTI ( I have a exception till next year) they also thought it was a break hence the surgeon coming to see me. On 14 November they found out that the extreme pain was actually a 4.6 cm Fibroid degenerating due to the tumour not getting ample blood supply any longer as the baby was taking it and it was infected.
The hospital did update medihelp and my Dr. sent 2 letters stating that the diagnosis was not a UTI but a Fibroid however Medihelp is still refusing to pay for my hospital stay due to the urine test. (Makes me wonder if you cannot read my Dr. handwriting)

How were they suppose to figure out what was wrong with me if they couldn’t run any tests? Now I cannot have my delivery of my baby at Linmed hospital or go with the OB I have been seeing right through my pregnancy because of Medihelp and their money grabbing stuffed faces.

Please see below some info on a degenerating Fibroid and that it has nothing to do with the bladder as my Dr stated to you in the 2 screen shots of the letters my Dr sent through to Medihelp. Also see sonar of my 4.6 cm fibroid that everyone seems to be missing or chooses to ignore so in the end I was not in Hospital for a uterine infection although it was present but a infected degenerated Fibroid.

This is my last attempt to communicate with you, after this I will go to Ombudsman and social media posting this exact letter and the screen shots as any logical person knows diagnosing anything medical or non medical is a process and you chose to look at the beginning of the process and got stuck there ignoring the final conclusion of that diagnosis, you will have the exact same argument if this happened to you or one of your family members.

(Lets say I got a kidney infection and due to that went into early labour where they had to deliver my baby girl, what you saying is that you will not cover the cost of that delivery because it was caused by a kidney infection that comes from a bladder infection.) Does that make sense to you?