Medihelpterrible service and no customer care

J

I am on a PRIME 1 NETWORK plan, have been with Medihelp since 2014 and have never claimed. 4 weeks ago I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, which is degenerative autoimmune disease. As my service provider, Medihelp was made aware as I needed chronic medication to be approved. We have been in communication for the past four weeks and after receiving confirmation of the approval, (which took three weeks to obtain) I called them to make sure that everything was in check. They then told me that there was a co-payment to which they are only paying for 40% of the total amount as the medication I have requested is not on their reformery list! I have been in communication with this company about a chronic disease and in four weeks not once was this ever sent to me or brought up. Had I known, my neuroligist and I would have chosen a medication according to their list. I find it absolutely disgusting that they treat their clients like this, especially when dealing with chronic diseases. I have called in about four times regarding this and no one has assumed responsibility, instead I get told that I have 2 options, either I choose a medication on their list or I pay them more each month to go onto a better network! I'm shocked that after wasting 4 weeks of my time and given me the worst service that I'm being asked to compromise or pay them more money. I think it's now up to them to compromise and amend the relationship. This has caused me unnecessary stress when in a very vulnerable state. I expect a lot more from the people who take my money every month without question yet when in need it is struggle to get them to help.

This review was originally posted on 21st June and no one has bothered to get in touch with me.