MedcoBeware

D

This company is run by greedy ###! They make extra money by putting obstacles in front of patients and their doctors who are just trying to get needed prescriptions filled. Every day that Medco doesn't fill a prescription is more money in their pockets.

I'm currently trying to get my Celebrex prescription filled by Medco. I've been taking the stuff for years. Each year I get a new prescription from my doctor and send it in. Celebrex is expensive, so Medco stalls and sends my doctor an authorization form asking if I REALLY need this stuff when aspirin works great. My doctor faxes the form back after checking the boxes that say yes I REALLY need it. Time goes by. Usually, after just this hoop, Medco fills my prescription, and tells me how wonderful and responsive they are.

This time, Medco is putting a few extra hoops for me and my doctor to jump through. My doctor is busy and doesn't need this crap. I just want my Celebrex.

I never had any trouble when my insurance was with Caremark. I've had nothing but trouble from Medco.

BEWARE!!

• Ca
    capidlewilde Sep 12, 2010

i used to work for medco and would deal with this problem often. unfortunately the authorization is not needed on medco's part, but on your insurance's part. Medco is only contracted by your insurance company to take care of the pharmacy part of your policy. so when the authorizations are needed it is your insurance telling them that it is needed to fill your meds. sorry for the trouble you had to go through.

JasonDM May 26, 2011

YOU are so correct, the block is Prior Authorization Forms my physician will not do any longer since they say the did not get the form from the doctor even if sent by registered mail, it is only faxed to them. They lost our form for months and not only my parents, many other patients so the physician had to do over and over until it went thru and he has no time to do this any longer since a doctor who handles older patients so Medco has succeeded in removing another doctor from the threat of PROFIT making. I will write the pharmacy board and Chrysler and my Senator with a complaint

JasonDM May 26, 2011

All of the complaints have merit and need to be investigated by a non company investigation group. Someone needs to be in jail. We are treated in the US like cattle and by our own. The higher ups in the companies need to go to jail for this. Why else would Verizon buy into this company if there were not very high profits. Write your senators...

JasonDM May 26, 2011

Mail prescriptions two months ago and Medco says they just got them two days ago, yet they emailed me two months ago they received them. They did not give the prescriptions to BILLING until two days ago so they missed the Pre Authorization date by ten days ago so now the doctor will NOT fill out pre authorization due to MEDCO telling him for months they never got them yet they will not allow registered mail by physician only fax so they can say we never got them. A senate committee needs to speak with the doctors, call your senator or write and have them call your doctors for verification...of your claim. MEDCO SUCKS>

JasonDM May 26, 2011

Why isn't the Pharmacy Board Looking at all the complaints and doing something about this? or a senate committee? or Ralph Nader?

• Su
    Suzy Mason Sep 29, 2011

I just encountered the same problem with Medco. I have 3 refills remaining, and they are refusing to fill the Rx. I have been trying since Mid-Sept to get my refill. Now I just found out that my Doc does not want to comply with this authorization form unless he gets a visit from me which will cost me. (I saw him less then 10 months ago) It's so stupid. I have been on Celebrex over 4 years. Medco will do anything to not have to send out expensive medication. Our whole system is so corrupted, and the Affordable Healthcare Act will do nothing to change it. I hate seeing what living in the U.S. has become. I fear for my children and the kind of world they will have

JokenJoe Nov 02, 2011

MEDlo is just that, low quality, cost, and service, and your company throws that out and tells you to slop it up cause that's all there is.