Mattress Warehouse / SertaDo not honor warranty

M

The Mattress Warehouse did not honor the warranty / showed complete lack of customer service.
I purchased a new Serta mattress from Mattress Warehouse in 2009. I was told that the mattress had a 10-year warranty. In 2011, I began to have serious lower back pain and noticed considerable depressions on both sides of the mattress. I filed a warranty claim and a report by the independent inspector had confirmed a structural support failure. A short time later, I received a letter from Mattress Warehouse in reference to my claim, in which they have denied my claim on the basis that there were small surface stains on the mattress which have in their opinion “voided the warranty”. The attached Serta warranty brochure clearly listed that stains were not covered by the warranty but made no mention of stains actually "voiding" the warranty. My warranty claim was based on the structural support failure only. We always used a pad and the surface stains were only superficial. Needless to say, there was no one to talk to at the Mattress Warehouse. My emails and phone calls were not returned and no one was available / willing to resolve my complaint / claim. I would not recommend to anyone doing business with Mattress Warehouse. These people do not stand by the products they sell and have the absolute worst customer service of any business. The warranty card states that stains are not covered by the warranty. Well, I never asked that they cover stains. The mattress they sold me was defective. I can't sleep on it. They are using stains as an excuse. It is a lie. It is like selling a defective car and voiding warranty, because there are a few stains on a seat.
I will not be doing business with Mattress Warehouse ever again.
The facts are:
1 - Serta mattress had a 10yr. warranty.
2 - the independent inspection had confirmed the mattress had structural failure after only 2yrs of use.
3 - the manufacturer and the retailer had refused to honor warranty, claiming that a couple of superficial surface stains had voided the warranty and (based on photos of the mattress) determined that it is the stains that had caused structural failure, even in places where the stains were not present.
I feel I’ve been ripped off by the Mattress Warehouse!
Buyer beware!