Mate1 Enterprises Logo

Mate1 Enterprises

Having problems with Mate1 Enterprises?

334 Cornelia St., № 354

Plattsburgh, New York
Canada
4200 Saint-Laurent Blvd Suite 550, Montreal, Quebec H2W 2R2

United Kingdom
Box 5103, Office 6 Slington House, Rankine Road, Basingstoke, RG24 8PH

Complaints & Reviews

e-mails after service cancellation

On 11/20/09 I accepted a 3 day trial offer for the Mate1.com dating service. On 11/21/09 (10:56 PM) via...

refund

I am not satisfied with Mate1 Services. I feel it is a RIP-OFF all the girls are looking for a sugar daddy...

customer service

Dear mate1.com I hope someone from your company actually gets forwarded this! I am writing to complain...

ripp off

I never authorized therse thieves to take $50.35 six times out of my checking account, now when you call them...

being billed from this company for no reason.

I signed up a few days ago for the $1.95 trial membership. I decided against the full service and I thought...

mate1.com online dating fraud

Mate1.com is the worst kind of fraud. I am a single guy, I own two international businesses and I am a savvy...

phone # for them

I submitted a complaint this morning on Mate1.com here is the tool free phone # for them. [protected]. I...

scam

I have join on february 3 2009 in mate1.com for supposebly 1.97 for 3 days and joined for 49 dollars after...

will not let me cancel free trial

I signed up for a 3 day trial for 1.97 only to find out the site was not even worth that a month. Went to cancel the 3 day trial on the 2nd day only to find out there is no option link to do this on there site and I would have to send them a letter signed and user name on it and they would have to receive this letter with in 72 hours from starting the trial period. So less put this in prospective if I mailed a request as soon as I entered the accept link it might get there in time. ( I don't think so)I e-mailed them got a auto reply back right away advising not to respond, they would get back to me.zzzzzzzzzzzzzz not going to happen. I get the point now I have been riped off. There is no Phone number that I can find and it probably would not do any good anyway. I called my bank put a stop payment on the card for them and was advised to try and call them first if I could not find there number to wait a couple days to see what mate1 does. mean time I pulled the funds from that account, at least they can not get any funds. There move now. I can't understand why a web site can keep doing this to people and the authorities keep letting them do it. google complaints for this issue read them for your selves. I'm hopping this long winded e-mail is not thorned in the trash with out at least taking a good look at this web sites policies. Thank whomever is reading this.

Jim:
[protected]@pemtel.net

• Mate1 Support Feb 26, 2009

Dear Mr. Routhier,

We're sorry to hear you didn't have a pleasant experience using Mate1. We would like to address your various concerns:

First, our 3 day trial is $1.95 to allow members to try the full features of Mate1 without having to purchase full membership. Members who are not satisfied are free to cancel within that 3 day time period if they decide they don't wish to continue with us for any reason.

We do our very best to prevent people from misrepresenting themselves in their descriptions. However, because we have millions of profiles on our site, with thousands more being created on a daily basis, from time to time you will encounter a profile which is not honestly representing that member's true status, age, location, etc. For that and other reasons, we have provided a "Report a Problem" link at the bottom of a member's profile. If you suspect someone of being flagrantly dishonest about something important in their profile/photos/description, or of otherwise violating our Terms of Service, please report that to us so we can investigate further as needed.

Here at Mate1, we do our best to eliminate scammers and fraudsters from our site. However, the Internet is an open and public forum and a few fall through the cracks. However, we want to reassure you that very recent changes to the site have had a substantial effect in cutting back on this type of activity and we are confident that should you decide to stay, you'll soon notice the improvement yourself.

Please do contact our Customer Support team further by either email or phone using the contact info on the site or your billing statement, and we would be happy to address your concerns in more detail and assist you further.

Sincerely,
    Mate1 Customer Support

• Re
    Reuven Apr 23, 2009

Interesting .. "Mate1 Support" leaves a comment, but no phone number. I wonder why.

Anyways, I did call them before signing up, and a live person answered. So I can't complain about that. I still haven't taken that step and signed up for the "3-day trial". I know that just a quick phone call to my bank and I can have my CC cancelled with a replacement rushed, but what a hassle.

As for my free membership, half the e-mails I'm getting are from women in China. They are cute and all, and they sound like real people, but what a costly mistake if they're just fishing for personal information. I just have to wonder how can a person who earns 10 to 15 cents per hour afford $49/month. I smell a decomposing rat.

I also got an e-mail hit from a girl who was supposedly Native American, but in her profile picture and description, she was obviously black.

Other sites scan and approve each and every profile. What should it take? 5 minutes? At $49/month, these folks should have the bandwith to do the same.

Just my 2 cents.

• Bu
    burnt by you Mar 23, 2010

I strongly agree they got me to. I paid the $1.95 & then tried to cancel but could not. The next time I got my credit card statement they pulled out $50 for the monthly membership. I would not recoment this site to anyone. They like pulling underhanded tricks. BAD COMPANY

• Mate1 Support Dec 06, 2011

We're sorry to hear about any disagreements or issues with our services. Mate1.com is committed to finding a solution for its members and offers some of the best Customer Support available in the online dating industry, including 7-day-a-week toll-free phone support (1-888-688-4760, or 514 907-0015 if you are outside North America), round-the-clock email support – [email protected], as well as a live chat support feature available during normal business hours. Many similar sites offer only limited support options, some lacking even a phone number to get in touch with their staff. We’re even open for most holidays, and we post specific holiday hours directly on our Contact Us page when we’re not.
    Please get in touch with our Customer Support team regarding any issues you are experiencing, or any technical difficulties you have encountered and we'll be happy to try and resolve them with you. That's what we're here for!

For your convenience, here is a direct link to our site’s Help/Contact Us page, which contains most of our contact options.

For additional options, please access our Help/Contact Us page from within your account itself after logging in, which you can do from this link:

• Bo
    Bondarenco Tonny Jul 30, 2015

Hi guys, my name is Tonny and i got a problem whit this site i cant pay i heave the money but i cant pay for trial ...

• Bo
    Bondarenco Tonny Jul 30, 2015

And i just want to use my chat..

fraudulent and unethical business practices

I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING MATE1.COM AT ALL

THEY SCAM YOU TO JOIN AND PAY AND TO KEEP YOU PAYING EACH MONTH WITH FRAUDULENT MESSAGES FROM ONLINE AMBASSADORS

WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF AMBASSADOR? 'an ambassador of good will'

What is MATE1.COM 's defitionition of their Online Ambassador? To hire women all accross the United States or World and provide them an exciting 'work at home' career opportunity where they will spend a few hours a week to lie, cheat, steal, scam, mislead, and fraudulently send messages to members of the Mate1 site who join during the 3 day trial, and make them think they are getting dozens of messages from other girls who are interested in them, but these trial members cannot communicate and respond to these messages unless they pay the $49.95 membership fee. And when you do reply to all these online ambassadors messages, you never hear back from them. They just all send you messages to profit, and get you to pay.

Also, if you are an existing customer and member of MATE1.COM, and your membership expires, you will notice that you will start getting dozens of emails from girls who like you and want to communicate with you, and when you pay, you again never hear from them again. These are the Online Ambassadors that are paid employees of Mate1.com to email you and get you to pay again making you think girls are interested in you.

MATE1.COM IS A COMPLETE FRAUD AND SCAM

I have been a member (paying member) for 8 months now, paying 49.95 x 8 months and so far I have lost a total of $400.

But I cannot even count how many hours I spent on Mate1 the last 8 months, probably some 100 hours total.

Recently, I decided to not use MATE1.COM for a month after my membership expired, but when i went back to the site just 5 days ago, I noticed I had 23 new messages. So stupid me I pull out my credit card and pay the 49.95 fee so i can see my messages and reply to them.

When I look at most of the messages, I see very beautiful women, and I can tell they are all fake, because why would a beautiful woman be on a dating website like Mate1? IT NEVER HAPPENS! They would never need or think of using a dating website, because they would not have a problem finding a date where they live. So i know most of the girls are fake.

Another problem, alot of girls that do want to chat online using MATE1.COM, about 95% of them want you to join their WEBCAM site and enter your credit card info. And they send you a link to a website that is NOT secure, and when I research the website they take you to, it is a website that is registered and owned by a company and hosted by a company in Malaysia or another foreign company, so the only purpose of the site is to steal your credit card info.

Does Mate1 do anything about it? No! They will not easily delete users because they need the membership fees to make a huge profit.

I looked at Mate1 on Google, and they have alot of negative complaints about them.

I researched MATE1.COM on the Better Business Bureau website, and they have a rating of F as well as having some 23 complaints on them at /link removed/ site

• Lc
    lcalsina Jul 12, 2009

Thank U for your full report! I received lot of Ambassadors' messages, & I was thinking to pay, but now I will clean my profile.

• Gr
    greg4usc Jan 07, 2012

I agreed to one month and they still hit me for 50 plus dollars out of my checking for another month account and they will refund this months amount !!!

• Ro
    rolando Velasquez Jun 11, 2012

i cancel their service several times but they keep charging me month to month i am just tired of them when this thing is going to end looks like they do not care to be report to better business bureau what worse can be i will report this company as soon is possible

my inbox of emails got sent out over the web

I was attaching my picture to one of my emails. and I pressed the attach button and then my picture. It was supposed to go to the email I was writing but instead every email I have ever received went out over the internet. And I cannot reach them or find them to stop this problem. I had never been in one of those rooms before and only fell into that one by mistake, I did not realize it was one of those kind of rooms. I thought it was just another chat room. Yes I felt stupid, but it was too late. Now all my emails are out there and I don't know how to get them back? Or to stop them?

Mate1 Oct 09, 2007

What you're describe seems highly unlikely. The mechanisms for sending a message on Mate1, the one you would have been using to attach a photo, have no way to send email over the Internet. Sending a message on Mate1 can trigger a notification to be sent out over the Internet, but the server that sends the notifications doesn't know the contents of the messages its sending notifications about.

Its also very easy to contact us. We have a "help/contact us" link on the bottom every page of the website. I don't see how anyone could miss it.

In short there's no way this happened.

• Ge
    Geoff Azoulay Jul 24, 2013

You've made an error of judgement, just front it out and tell everyone you've been hit by a bug that is computerised and alters what you said .

Tell them you've heard they do this to try and intimidate you for a future blackmail ... but don't loose site of the fact that the web and the governments allow this to go on, where are the fraud squad

unable to cancel

Mate1.com will not let me cancel my membership and i had only filled out half of the question. So did even...

unauthorized credit card billing!

Mate1.com placed a $49.95 unauthorized charge on my credit card after I canceled the $1.95 three (3) day...