MasterCutshorrible service

I took my 2 daughters to have their hair TRIMMED. First my youngest daughter got her hair cut I just wanted the ends trimmed and her bangs after about 5 minutes she was done. I thought ok it was just a trim. Then another stylist started on my older daughters hair I asked if I could pay for the youngest one she said "no just pay for them together". I realized I didnt have cash to tip them so I said I would be right back and went next door to the ATM while the oldest one was getting her hair cut. I was gone 4-5 minutes at the most. I got back and she was standing there waiting. I thought that was a fast haircut but both their hair was wet so you couldnt really tell what kind of cut they received. I got home and the youngest ones hair was not even at all. She had long pieces of hair all over the place she recieved way more than a trim. My middle ones hair had a line in the middle of her hair her sweeping bang was now a uneven straight across bang. I was so upset so I called the location and asked for management I was asked what I needed and said I needed to complain about the haircuts my daughters just received and was told "I will tell them" and was hung up on. I put a complaint on their website and was sent a coupon for $1 off a haircut. I just paid $22 for a HORRIBLE haircut, had to go to another hair dresser and pay $40 to get it fixed it was so bad. My normal hairdresser was on maternity leave that was the only reason why I went there. I recommend NO ONE go there. THEY ARE HORRIBLE and dont even care about their customers!!!

• Sh
    Shannon90 Sep 19, 2009

Please you have to understnad it was the hair Stylist not just mastercuts. Im 19 and graduated from Paul Mitchell and I work there I love it. Its also the location that you went to .
    Not all mastercuts are like that.
    Remeber its alway the stylist

• Lo
    lopp Feb 05, 2010

don't bad-mouth MASTERCUTS salons! there are more than one store locations! not all the locations are bad! I for one Know So because I do work at a Mastercuts in Washington State and our salon is a good one! We have had great reviews and have had many a return client! We also do make it right if a service goes wrong and we do fix our mistakes! Our Manager is a great one too! not all managers are ###! I feel that every new hairstylist should work in a Mastercuts type salon when they start out fresh from school! you get to have your tools supplied- you get raises according to how much production you do, you get benefits such as medical and paid vacations, you get employee discounts and you get your services done for little to nothing! you gain lots of experience and you have monthly training meetings! I have not worked in any private salon that does this for you!

• 5o
    5oufans Feb 24, 2010

Yes Shannon90 I know not all are like that. We use to use a wonderful location in Georgia that is why I went to the one in Shawnee, OK. Lopp if you will see the compaint shows Mastercuts-Shawnee, OK location!!! We did have HORRIBLE service and HORRIBLE response from the Manager/Owner. I DO NOT recommend that place to ANYONE. If you would have seen my girls hair you would understand why I was so mad, and then how they acted in front of my teenage daughter. There is NO REASON for ANYONE to act like that or say that kind of stuff. So again, THE SHAWNEE, OK is where my complaint was!

• Ka
    kales Jun 21, 2010

Mastercuts at a mall in Calgary Alberta. My husband went in for a TRIM for a job interview and got totally butchered. He had taken off his glasses for the cut and couldn't see that his hair was being ruined. There were places that were shaved almost bald and the hair could not be washed and combed without sticking up for SEVEN WEEKS. He went to a hair stylist in Medicine Hat and they said they were sorry but they couldn't fix it until it grew out a bit. I would NEVER NEVER go to Mastercuts and I will tell everyone I know about this experience.

• Di
    disgrunteled employee Aug 14, 2010

I worked for MC for 6 years.
    And yes, they are ALL like that.
    The corporation cares less about its employees than it does about their customers.
    MC motto:
    Get em in, get em out, NEVER give a refund

• Kr
    krisi and Lani Jan 31, 2011

I also worked for Mastercuts for six years and was an award winning stylist and manager! It was a good job for 5 of the six years. They are in the practice of hiring "warm bodies" lol real professional. I walked out on my last day due to being bullied out by the regional manager whom is best frineds with the district manager. Of course the bullying began in the salon with employess with problems. I tried to help them though they were beyond help. It was time for me to move on to a better career.. Mastercuts also practices their business with people posing as managers that don't posess a managers license, which is state issued and earned. The state is very busy and its hard to check all salons in the state. They actually were still using my license number and name 3 monthes after I quit!!! WOW!!! I suggest goin to a better salon as you will better taken care of!

• Lo
    lopp Apr 21, 2011

I agree, if you are in the "In Crowd" working a ta Mastercuts you will be treated well.If you make the REGIS COMPANY money than you will be treated well and if you are not one of the "GANG" you will be ousted and bullied thru having your skills turned sabotaged. If your skills are looking better than your managers - she will try to make them look bad and talk behind your back to potential clients "______ is not as good as_________ so don't have her do your hair." or " I recoment__________instead of __________ when I cannot be the one to do your hair" etc... The managers usually get away with whatever they can thinking they are the "Boss" and don't have to follow the rules!... try to report a manager to corporate and you get bullied by that manager. For your best benefit I do say start at a chain salon for at least 1 year after you get your license then move on to a bigger and better private salon or open your own salon. You'll be much happier!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices