Marshalls Department Storecustomer humiliation

I was trying to return a black down jacket at Marshalls Gaithersburg, MD last night. I bought the jacket at the end of February & on a 15 minutes to kill day. After I came home, I hung it up in the closet. When I tried to put it on several days later. I realized the jacket smelled & looked filthy. However, I did not have a chance to return the jacket right away. When I tried to return my jacket, I was being laughed at & accused that I am the person who is so cheap & tried to return a jacket that I wore it for some times. All of this humiliation was due to the fact that I did not take time to examine the jacket carefully when I bought it.

I am a professional, living OK, with a mid $70K salary, Currently, I have a nice selection of winter jackets & coats in my possession...

• Cf
    CFLincoln May 20, 2008

My 13 year old daughter and I were shopping in Marshalls in Pearland, Texas and the African American girl behind the counter refused to wait on us because we were anglo. I tried to file a complaint with Marshalls but they have no way to do so on line
    DO NOT GO RACISTS

• Oh
    ohreally May 25, 2008

Why didn't you complain to the store manager right then and there?

• Oh
    ohreally May 25, 2008

""""All of this humiliation was due to the fact that I did not take time to examine the jacket carefully when I bought it."""""

There you go! Who would purchase a jacket, only to realize days later??? that it smells and looks filthy ? You didn't realize this when you were considering purchasing it?

• Su
    Susan G Washington Jun 21, 2013

Buyer beware! Next time you won't be so stupid. Really?! You've GOT to be kidding me??! Company's don't sell worn, smelly clothes... And IF, BIG IF... Somehow, someway something ends up on the salesfloor and the person purchasing it DOESN'T have a clue that they're purchasing a coat like this... Then they deserve EVERYTHING they get.
    No one feels sorry for you.