MakeMyTripconsumer fraud

They seem to be frauds and it seems that they are running an internet scam to collect personal information! They confirmed tickets, took credit card numbers and passport/drivers license information and finally not issuing the tickets. It is already more than 36 hours since I gave them all information. Every time I call them they say that the tickets are confirmed and they are going to be issued in an hour or so. Finally when I pressed more the last representative said that the ticket cannot be issued and they are working on it.

In the mean time I had cancelled the other tickets which I bought elsewhere. So I already lost money on the other tickets and now I have my personal information with some fraud artists. I am scared that they will misuse the information and plan to take legal recourse against them. Anybody else has similar experience with makemytrip?

RESOLVED

• MakeMyTrip's response · Jan 03, 2011

With reference to your post above, kindly note that your refund is under process. You may expect the same to reflect in your account within 3-5 business days.

We regret any inconvenience caused.

• MakeMyTrip's response · Feb 23, 2011

Hello aravind_dk,

We regret any inconvenience caused.

• MakeMyTrip's response · Apr 07, 2011

Hello,

With reference to your post, please note that our representative is in touch with you to assist you further.

• So
    Soumitra Nov 25, 2008

Dear Sir,

I have purchased an air ticket from Mr. Sudip Chowdhry a Sales executive of makemytrip.com(Space S-201, 2nd Floor Ideal Plaza, sarat Bose road Kolkata) on 06 sept 2017.for Gauhati to Kolkata (Ticket number [protected]) dated 31OCT 2017 at Kolkata.Due to certain unavoidable circumstances or official problem I could not make the trip.But I have make the ticket open on 31/10/2017 from Indian Airlines Office Guwahati.On 26sept 2017 I went to IA office of Kolkata Chandni Chowk in regard of the previously issued ticket.They told me that from the entire ticket fare, only the taxable amount is refundable (i, e 1100 INR) not the fare.So I called up Mr Sudip Chowdhry and went to his office to get the refundable amount, He took my phone number & address & told me that he will send me the refundable amount to me once he take the confirmation from his Head Office.But till now he is unable to provide me the refundable amount.After doing repeatable follow-ups with him, every time he just give me a date, But doesn`t provide any solution.Therefore I am very dissatisfied with his service, I don’t` know that whether he has communicated the matter to his Head Off or not.
    Therefore I request you to kindly take necessary steps, so that I get my refundable amount as soon as possible.I will be very grateful to you for this act.My ticket information is as follows-:

Ticket Number-:[protected] Issuing Airlines-: INDIAN AIRLINES

FARE INR465
    TAXES/FEES/CHARGES INR 225 WO passenger service charge
    TAXES/FEES/CHARGES INR 1100 YR INSURANCE/FUEL CHARGES

TOTAL 1790

Moreover he has taken extra Rs 220 from me as a Service Charge.

• So
    Soumitra Nov 25, 2008

resolve it

MarkCalvin Oct 31, 2009

I'm also facing similar problem.

Does anybody has got the emailID of MANAGERS/CEO other high level guys?

This <[email protected]> is just irresponsible.

• Im
    imsaurabhgupta Jun 08, 2010

Hi,

I have booked an E-ticket via makemytrip.com on 21-May-10.

Same day at evening around 6 to 7pm .I have got message & a call that my bus has been cancelled due to technical reasons.
    After that I called at your call center at 7pm same day & I asked him to arrange any other alternate arrangement for same . but he was not able to arrange other alternate & suggest me that please arrange yourself & I m processing full refund to you and it will credited in your account with in 7 days.

After that when I checked my account on 30th may, I found that amount not credited yet. Then I call again to your call center for same then I talk with floor supervisor Ms. Nupur Singh, she says that we have still not received any confirmation from vendor.

She says that Until or unless I will not received any confirmation your refund will not process. after long discussion finally she says that you got refund credited in your account till 4th June.

But still I have not received the same. And I called again at call center today(8th June). I have word with Dalpreet, & Ajas Ali. I requested both of them that please Connect me talk to Nupur. No one ready to do . I don’t know Why??

My question mark

1.Why I have not got any updating /information for refund process???
    2. if your vendor is not replying, who is responsible???
    3. what compensate, you will do for this??
    4. Why Nupur was not ready to talk???
    5. is, sorry is ok for all

• Im
    imsaurabhgupta Jun 08, 2010

I have booked an E-ticket via makemytrip.com on 21-May-10.

My question mark

1.Why I have not got any updating /information for refund process???
    2. if your vendor is not replying, who is responsible???
    3. what compensate, you will do for this??
    4. Why Nupur was not ready to talk???
    5. is, sorry is ok for all

Regards
    Saurabh Gupta

Matt Derrik345 Aug 09, 2010

I had purchased a paper ticke online for travel from Bangalore to Delhi on April 9, 2017. As per the details in the website it was to be delivered in 3 business days.

I called them on April 2, 2017 to know the status and the answer was that the Airway Bill number is not available, we will call and give it you in the next 2 hours. There was no call through out the day . Called them again at 10.45am on April 3, 2017 . They told me systems are down for an hour, please call again at 11.30am.

Called up again at 11.35am and was told sorry for the inconvenience, this issue has been escalated to the concerned department . After a lot argument, they told me that the ticket had not been dispatched. I asked them to fax the ticket to me, they said that is not possible. My question was in case it is not delivered before the travel date what happens. The person said we will send a runner to the airport. On insisting that I need to talk to your manager, I was put on hold for 15mins after which the Manager says he will comeback in an hour. After an hour I get a call from them and the lady gives me the Airway bill number, saying that it has been dispatched today however it will be updated in the website by the evening. Even today after a day the Airway bill number is not updated. This is very very frustrating to have to wait for a ticket so long .

• Ar
    aravind_dk Dec 30, 2010

I had booked an air ticket from mumbai to banglore on kingfisher airlines via makemytrip.com(MakeMyTrip Booking ID - NF251171979074), Due to some reason I cancelled my ticket (Cancellation Number - IN1012R0026689). Makemytrip prmised me that the amount will get refunded within 7 days. After 10 days I wrote a mail to them as the money was not refunded yet. I was given a Reference ID [protected], but nothing was done after that.
    Again I wrote mails regarding the issue (Reference ID [protected] ) but nothing happened.
    I'm very much disappointed with this, and I'm requesting the people not to book their tickets through makymytrip, instead we should book directly through airline official websites.

• Gs
    G Solutions Jan 07, 2011

"ScrewmyTrip"...rob you before you land India

• Ar
    aravind_dk Jan 12, 2011

Do not believe in such false promise of makmytrip, they had promised me the refund by last Tuesday but nothing reflected in my account.
    It seems guys at makemytrip are taking things for granted. Its been nearly two months and I haven’t received the refund yet. Even if I have given that money to a thief he would have given back with interest for the amount. A thief is better than makemytrip, as makemytrip keeps the money of the customers and earns interest on it and gives nothing to the customers.
    My kind suggestions to fellow citizens is please beware of this company.

• Ha
    harssh Apr 07, 2011

ATTENTION MR. BALA / MR BHASKAR

I am compelled to inform you that in the light of your incompetence, negligence and complete insensitivity to all my queries and issues. Till date I have not received any satisfactory response from any one of your executives
    Let me list the people who spoke to me right from day one

1. Mr Nitin
    2. Ms Navpreet
    3. Mr Rohit
    4. Ms Anchita
    5. Mr Bhaskar
    6. Mr Gursimran
    7. Mr Balaji

I would like to list again what happened

Makemytrip confirmed through email on 29th March, the following:

Departure:
    Jet Airways 9W-479 Mumbai – Goa 0540 hrs, 2nd April, 2017.
    Status: confirmed, PNR no EABUF

Return:
    Kingfisher Airlines IT 337 Mumbai – Goa 0630 hrs, 4th April, 2017.
    Status: confirmed, PNR no EOAEYR

We arrived at the airport at the kingfisher counter at the Goa airport for our CONFIRMED return flight, only to be told our tickets had been VOIDED, on the 28th of March itself, BY MAKEMYTRIP .
    I called their toll free line from my mobile from the airport and was on hold for 8 precious minutes before I managed to speak to a Mr Nitin, who was unable to help us and put us on hold for over 10 minutes. I called twice more and spoke to Ms Navpreet and then Mr Rohit. who were neither apologetic nor helpful. They all promised to call us back. They did not.
    Eventually finding myself and my family stranded at Dabolim Airport with no other way home, I was forced to purchase 6 tickets on Go Air.

FOR 29 HOURS POST MY CALLS... NO RESPONSE... I called again and spoke to a Miss Anchita who connected me to a Mr Bhaskar who said that he will call back in an hour.. for 3 hours no response.. when they did call i was out of the room and they called only once...

I wait a whole day and send a complaint by mail.

A Mr. Gursimran calls me and says that they did try to contact me
    ONCE...

A Mr. Balaji calls later the same evening 6th of April to offer me Rs. 2017/- as compensation.
    If I was angry before..Now I am thoroughly insulted by the rudeness and audacity of your executive.

We set a time of 11 AM on the 7th of April for YET another senior executive to call.. it is now 3.30 PM!!!

Since my time, my complaint, my issues are of no value in your eyes I have been compelled to take this matter to the following people
    1. Ms Vinayaka .. senior reporter MUMBAI MIRROR
    2. Consumer Court
    3. Indian Consumer Complaints Forum.

You will shortly be receiving a copy of this e mail by speed post.

Thanking you for your "prompt" and "concerned' response

HARSSH A SINGH

• Az
    azflyer112 Jun 07, 2011

Booked a ticket with them from phx-bom-phx and had to cancel the trip on doctor's advise. Sent them all the req documents and checked with the airlines that the refund has been issued but they have not credited my account. This company is a scam.
    makemytrip booking id- 6XAE3O
    continental booking id- ADEK8S

• Ka
    Karthikeyan C Dec 07, 2011

I have a very bitter experience with makemytrip and I would like to share it with everyone so that they won’t get into the trap. I booked a return ticket between Boston USA and Chennai India on specific dates. I was fully aware that those tickets were non-refundable and I could just change the dates if I want by paying additional charges. Then after a couple of months, I decided to change my dates of travel and called the customer care no of Makemytrip and asked to change the dates. After holding me for a long time, the executive came back and said there were no flights available for the return date but i could change the date for the onward journey. Then I told him that I was ready to go ahead with onward journey and I would make my own arrangements for my return journey and asked him to re-schedule the date of my onward journey. Once again he out the call on hold for about 15 mins and came back saying Makemytrip would provide full refund for the booking even though it was a non-refundable ticket and asked me to go ahead with a fresh booking (with a different airline) through them.

I was bit happy that I would not lose my money and made a fresh booking for my new dates and asked them to cancel the older booking. After that I did not hear anything from them for more than week. Then I called them again and to my surprise I was told that my old booking was non-refundable if I cancel it. I have explained the whole story to the guy and at last he said that he would like to confirm that I was offered a full-refund by listening to the audio recordings and then would get back to me. I agreed to that and I was expecting a reply from Makemytrip. But as usual, they didn’t turn up. So I called them again after a week, and once again explained everything to the new guy who answered my call. At last he agreed to process my refund request and sent me instructions on how to apply for a refund.

I was bit relieved and submitted all the required documents to them to proceed with my refund request. Even after that I didn’t hear anything from them. So once again I called them and asked for the refund status. Now, whenever I call, they have a standard answer "We will let you know the status in another 48 hours". And I have been calling them for the past one month in vain.

• Sh
    shivashankarh Dec 13, 2011

Same thing happened with me. Did you get this resolved?

I booked a roundtrip ticket from Orlando, US to Chennai, India through MakeMyTrip for travel on May 17th 2017 for $1425. My onward journey was a three-leg flight of which the first part from Orlando to Newark was delayed for 5 hours making me miss my connecting flight. When I called up MakeMyTrip they asked me to go on to Newark to see if my second flight was also delayed and I did the same. My connecting flight was on time and so I missed it and when I called up MakeMyTrip they said they can book a new flight for me and cancel the old ticket. They asked me to pay for the new ticket and that the old ticket cost will be reimbursed so I ended up paying $1650 ($225 more than the original amount) for the new ticket. To this day, 8 months later, I haven't received a refund for the original ticket. I have contacted MakeMyTrip over 30 times but never given correct information.
    Finally on Sept 7th they sent me an email saying that they were going to reimburse me only $898 for the ticket and when I said that was unacceptable, I did not get any more replies from MakeMyTrip. Later I sent three legal notices to MakeMyTrip, US via registered post but did not receive any reply for the same as well.

A $898 refund for a $1425 ticket that I did not use is unacceptable. Do let me know if you did figure a way out of this issue.

Booking # : US1104B01307

• Du
    DushyantSRao Mar 23, 2012

I booked my trip to india 3 months well in advance and I got it done by calling makemytrip customer care center . I have to go via Newark(8:30pm) to New Delhi . On the day of travel when I reached airport, I was handed over a boarding pass of the flight that had a scheduled departure at 5:20 PM 3+ hours later then my actual flight, when enquiring about it I was told that flight does not exist anymore . My complain is I was not intimated my makemytrip of the flight cancellation, if that would have been informed of that I would have made other arrangments to get going with my old schedule or readjest the old reservation .
    I have now to bear inconvinience of waiting and makeing an 2 stop journey in a journey haveing 12 extra hour and having to incurr losses for not making it to old reservations and re doing the new once . because of this my entire travel has became a traumatic.

• Ka
    Kalyanipatankar Nov 21, 2012

I am been fooled by Make my trip people as i have purchased Kerala package and also made full payment, since then they aren't providing me Vouchers and other details as discussed over the phone.

Booking Id:
    Booking ID 1: IN1207B07595 ( full payment made)
    Booking ID 2 :IN1207B07597 ( full payment made)

I have coordinated with Mr. Rishi Sharma & Mr Sarvesh Dixit for booking and they keep saying that we will get back to you but aren't updating me with any details

Please confirm with them whether our booking is confirm or not or do we have to co-ordinate with other travel portal for new booking ...